9 hours ago, JakeW13 said:

Oh dude that suuuuucks, what the hell? Do you live outside the US? Side note, seems like the SIM driver has issues with cracking along the weight track and with the speedfoam insert dislodging inside the head. Never would have anticipated that one :classic_rolleyes:

I'm glad I went with the SIM MAX instead.  No sliding weight track issues to worry about.  Well, the main reason being that I needed a little more spin.  My cousin however, was fitted for the SIM and I hope he doesn't encounter the same issues some of the other members here have had.  A cracked driver is one of the crappiest things to happen.  I've cracked the face on 2 TM drivers before.  One I got a replacement for and the other I couldn't.  TM claimed that since one of them was tour issue, they wouldn't honor any type of warranty.  You live and learn I suppose. 

• Like 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want pics give this post a like.  

It would be awesome if going forwards the original forum on a club release was limited to discussion of testing results and specs of the club ordered by members, and a second forum was created for peo

Given that the average WRXer swings at 135mph with a 1.52 smash factor I would say their swings generate more heat than any carbon jet is capable of making. With that said Taylormade probably had to d

Posted Images

1 hour ago, geakins said:

It’s pretty sad when the “Tiger hair line” thread has more relevant info than this current one. But once TM start to leak pics  things will pick back up. 

There’s no info or picture embargo on Tiger’s hairline. 

• Haha 3

Callaway Epic Speed 9° driver Tensei 1K Pro White 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang

Callaway Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, grm24 said:

Many people here weren't crazy about the looks of the SIM drivers when the pictures of them were released. Then they hit it and love it and don't care about the looks. Same thing will likely happen again. Then again. 

Same thing with the M5/M6 too. Performance will always beat looks, for most people. I’m excited about these, especially if the color customization is true.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, RichHardisty said:

Not sure yet - having my fitter at CC handle it. That said, it is worth noting that the TM site custom shop is not offering ANY right hand options which leads me to believe I will probably not get anything back until after the new year. If they are in fact out of stock, then I may not see anything until the new product is launched.

Damn, I should have waited another month or two to submit mine. Oh well, I love my SIM (despite the quality issue, which I guess as long as they replace it under warranty I don't care so much). It's been a great performer for me, and actually kicked the 410+ out of my bag (and that was a great driver).

SIM 10.5* playing @ 8.5* | Accra TZ5 65 M5 💣
TS2 15* | Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75 X 🔥

3i: P770 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Ping Blueprint Red Dot Power Spec | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💵
50: Cleveland RTX4 | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 🎯
54&60: Ping Glide Forged | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💦
Putter: Spider X Navy 34" 🧊

13 hours ago, grm24 said:

Many people here weren't crazy about the looks of the SIM drivers when the pictures of them were released. Then they hit it and love it and don't care about the looks. Same thing will likely happen again. Then again. 

100%. It's a repeated cycle every year. See a grainy photo that was a screenshot of a screenshot on a screen and make a judgement. TaylorMade has made incremental improvements every year and the product has always looked top notch. I'm sure the new line will be the same and there will be a flood of pre-orders at release time from a lot of people in this thread. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5
TaylorMade P770 3-5 Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 52 & 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade MySpider X Black
Taylormade TP5x

7 minutes ago, GamecockGolf said:

Instagram is your friend, search #taylormadesim2

ahh finally a helping hand extended with the Insta path to success - Ps I dont think it looks that bad? I'll probably upgrade... from my RBZ 🤣

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

2 hours ago, GamecockGolf said:

Instagram is your friend, search #taylormadesim2

Already nothing there.... man. TaylorMade is playing whack-a-mole pretty effectively. 

• Like 3

Ping G410LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Titleist 818H1, 21 (set to 20), Tensei White Pro 90, S

Ping i210, 4-P (retro spec), DG 120 X

Ping Glide 2.0, 52 SS (bent to 51), 56 SS (bent to 55)

Callaway Jaws MD5, 60.8

Odyssey Triple Track 10 S, 34" / Odyssey SL1, 33.5"

Z Star XV

3 minutes ago, jongalt55 said:

Um, searched it.  Turned up nothing.  Got pushed to #taylormade2020, which is two posts showing the current sim.  :classic_sad:

Same.  Very frustrating, and it's already souring me to the product. I think I've already decided I'm not buying. We have enough suppression of information on social media nowadays. LOL.

Besides that, I was planning on getting the SIM, and typically (at least for me) the next product after a breakthrough isn't as good as the original, so there's that. I'm still playing the 2016 M2 and the 2017 version was definitely a downgrade IMO.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

cat box GIF2020 Whack-A-Mole Champions

Can't be mad that Taylormade folks on this forum have a good sense of humor about this... haha. 

Hey Taylormade - question to clarify... is there a new iteration of a Spider X coming out in 2021 or is the Spider S its successor? Was hoping someone could clarify for me... I love my Spider X. 

Edited by stevechooster
12 minutes ago, CKalma said:

This isn't suppression of free information. This is a product that has company deadlines that must be met to include manufacturing and that also requires vendors to have training worldwide in order to be knowledgeable about the product they will be fitting/selling. Also Taylormade appears to be benefiting greatly from the slower release cycles that gain hype amongst the consumers including everyone here, otherwise there wouldn't be 15 pages of people just asking for pictures. 

Now I am curious why TM leaked it in the first place?  It seems like you want to whip up the "hype", then act like corporate structure can't tolerate the picture being out.  

FWIW, full bag of TM here: New P770's, Sim Max driver, 5w, Sim hybrids, 3 HiToe wedges, and a spider tour black.  Obviously a fan of the products, but...seems a little distasteful to leave the possible perception that a manufacturer is scolding their customers for reacting to a photo posted on an enthusiast forum while proclaiming their hype and slower cycles brings them great benefits from "everyone here".  Leak it and own it or don't leak it, but save the condescending statements that include "everyone here".

Of course, just one members opinion.

• Like 3

Callaway Epic Max with Tensei Blue Raw

TM Sim Max 5 wood with Ventus Blue

TM Sim Max 3 hybrid with Ventus Blue

TM M6 5 hybrid with Hzrdus 

Srixon ZX5 5i&6i with Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX7 7i- PW with Recoil 95 F4

52 and 56 degree Ping Forged with Recoil 110 F4

60 Glide 2 with SF 110

Ping Prime Tyne or Spider Tour Black

2 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

Now I am curious why TM leaked it in the first place?  It seems like you want to whip up the "hype", then act like corporate structure can't tolerate the picture being out.  

FWIW, full bag of TM here: New P770's, Sim Max driver, 5w, Sim hybrids, 3 HiToe wedges, and a spider tour black.  Obviously a fan of the products, but...seems a little distasteful to leave the possible perception that a manufacturer is scolding their customers for reacting to a photo posted on an enthusiast forum while proclaiming their hype and slower cycles brings them great benefits from "everyone here".  Leak it and own it or don't leak it, but save the condescending statements that include "everyone here".

Can you point me to the post where TaylorMade leaked the picture?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

Can you point me to the post where TaylorMade leaked the picture?

Certainly TM knows who has access to their products before release.  If they can't account for each unit before release, then that is a whole different issue.  Obviously I am not there, but if in fact they don't know where the units are, then how could they hope to control the situation?

Callaway Epic Max with Tensei Blue Raw

TM Sim Max 5 wood with Ventus Blue

TM Sim Max 3 hybrid with Ventus Blue

TM M6 5 hybrid with Hzrdus 

Srixon ZX5 5i&6i with Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX7 7i- PW with Recoil 95 F4

52 and 56 degree Ping Forged with Recoil 110 F4

60 Glide 2 with SF 110

Ping Prime Tyne or Spider Tour Black

59 minutes ago, CKalma said:

This isn't suppression of free information. This is a product that has company deadlines that must be met to include manufacturing and that also requires vendors to have training worldwide in order to be knowledgeable about the product they will be fitting/selling. Also Taylormade appears to be benefiting greatly from the slower release cycles that gain hype amongst the consumers including everyone here, otherwise there wouldn't be 15 pages of people just asking for pictures. 

Guessing you're on the payroll - and that's fine. I don't see what any of that has to do with pictures being leaked early, then being suppressed for something that we're ALL going to see in a few weeks anyway.  Makes no sense.  They're treating these pics like leaked celebrity nudes, lol. Maybe it's done on purpose for the reasons you're suggesting (generating buzz, etc), but honestly I don't think any of that matters.  All of us that are interested are going to at the very least check it out and try it out next year.  My point is that it leaves a sour taste for me - who is as big a TM fan as anyone out there, and promotes the products whenever I can - but I don't like to be manipulated.  I can be a critic of the strategy, and still be a TM fan - it's not mutually exclusive, but it does raise questions. (P.S. I've seen it now)

1 hour ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

We can confirm there'll be more Spiders coming next year. This is the way.

Green baby spider?

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

1 hour ago, rxk9fan said:

Amen brother.  I'm a TM fanboy and game the SIM max driver and SIM 3 metal.  However, I'm not thrilled about the attitude being projected either.  There are more gracious sponsors here who are more helpful and what not when divulging info about their current and upcoming products.  I will give the TM rep the benefit of doubt here as he may have been having a bad day.  😉

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

1 hour ago, rxk9fan said:

I am not Taylormade Golf nor am I paid by them, simply a long time fan. So the "condescending/distasteful " or what I would say an answer as to why Taylormade may not want the photos leaked was not from Taylormade, but by another enthusiast such as yourself. Photos get leaked because people take pictures when a product is introduced to the vendor. Sometimes it may be a salesperson/rep and sometimes a customer who shows up at the right time when a rep brings product to store to introduce the staff to the new product. That's how they were leaked. And you're correct I should not have been so broad in saying "everyone here" because not everyone on this site likes Taylormade. 

24 minutes ago, duke2001j said:

Guessing you're on the payroll - and that's fine. I don't see what any of that has to do with pictures being leaked early, then being suppressed for something that we're ALL going to see in a few weeks anyway.  Makes no sense.  They're treating these pics like leaked celebrity nudes, lol. Maybe it's done on purpose for the reasons you're suggesting (generating buzz, etc), but honestly I don't think any of that matters.  All of us that are interested are going to at the very least check it out and try it out next year.  My point is that it leaves a sour taste for me - who is as big a TM fan as anyone out there, and promotes the products whenever I can - but I don't like to be manipulated.  I can be a critic of the strategy, and still be a TM fan - it's not mutually exclusive, but it does raise questions. (P.S. I've seen it now)

I am not on the payroll. I am simply a long time Taylormade fanboy. They are their own company and you dont have to like how they release their product and yes you can be a critic of how they do it. No one is manipulating you into anything. Taylormade did not release the photos. See my post above. I simply gave you an answer to your concerns. 

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Amen brother.  I'm a TM fanboy and game the SIM max driver and SIM 3 metal.  However, I'm not thrilled about the attitude being projected either.  There are more gracious sponsors here who are more helpful and what not when divulging info about their current and upcoming products.  I will give the TM rep the benefit of doubt here as he may have been having a bad day.  😉

Nope not a rep. I've had the TM logo longer than Taylormade golf has been a member on this site. Taylormade did not make the statement I simply had an answer for someones sourness towards Taylormade's release plan. I don't see where any part of my answer would hurt this many people's feelings. 

TM SIM 9* Aldila Rogue White 70TX 
TM M3 15* Aldila Tour Blue 95TX
TM P790 3, 2014 MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG T.I. X100
TM MG 52, 56 Hi-Toe 60 DG T.I. Onyx S400
TM Spider Tour Black

Wah wah. It will be released when it's released, what's the big deal.

All I needed to know is whether to hold off on the TSi3 and I know that now.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* UST Axxiv 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 X100 SS
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

19 minutes ago, CKalma said:

I am not Taylormade Golf nor am I paid by them, simply a long time fan. So the "condescending/distasteful " or what I would say an answer as to why Taylormade may not want the photos leaked was not from Taylormade, but by another enthusiast such as yourself. Photos get leaked because people take pictures when a product is introduced to the vendor. Sometimes it may be a salesperson/rep and sometimes a customer who shows up at the right time when a rep brings product to store to introduce the staff to the new product. That's how they were leaked. And you're correct I should not have been so broad in saying "everyone here" because not everyone on this site likes Taylormade. 

I am not on the payroll. I am simply a long time Taylormade fanboy. They are their own company and you dont have to like how they release their product and yes you can be a critic of how they do it. No one is manipulating you into anything. Taylormade did not release the photos. See my post above. I simply gave you an answer to your concerns. 

Nope not a rep. I've had the TM logo longer than Taylormade golf has been a member on this site. Taylormade did not make the statement I simply had an answer for someones sourness towards Taylormade's release plan. I don't see where any part of my answer would hurt this many people's feelings. 

#1 How do you know who leaked it? (I'm not a cop but curious LOL). #2 How do you know the alleged "enthusiast" didn't leak it at TM's instruction? OK, I do sound like a cop.  And how do you know so much about the inner workings of TM if you're not on the payroll?  Ok, maybe I am a cop - don't answer anything else without a lawyer present. Ha jk.

IDK man I think it's a setup.