Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

24 minutes ago, zrheisler22 said:

New tech that I’m guessing has an incremental change in performance. At this point, I’m probably done buying new stuff till the old stuff either breaks or there is a serious difference in performance.

15 minutes ago, zrheisler22 said:

A golf friend of mine claims he has hit it already (not sure if I believe him, he has connections but he claims he hit it in late September) and said he noticed no difference besides sound compared to his SIM.

Not surprised. There is usually isn't much of a jump from year to year. It is usually when you are upgrading from a driver more than 3-4 years old.

Just now, ASN21 said:

Not surprised. There is usually isn't much of a jump from year to year. It is usually when you are upgrading from a driver more than 3-4 years old.

So SIM2 vs my Rocketballz beast you're saying??  🙄

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

1 hour ago, ASN21 said:

If you dent that part of the driver you should quit golf

In my 10 years of club building I've seen dents all over golf clubs......

Edited by ignitewvu

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

1 minute ago, ignitewvu said:

In my 10 years of club building I've see dents all over golf clubs......

All from the ball ? :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

1 minute ago, nsxguy said:

All from the ball ? :classic_laugh:

Not all but Man I've seen a dent in a Aeroburner this summer on the back heel side.  It was actually incredible....half a ball sized dent the person said "It happened at the range".

Of course I laughed and said TM won't warranty that but I could get him a replacement head pretty cheaply.

• Haha 1

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115

I heard stock shafts will be similar to the new Titleist offerings.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

13 minutes ago, taylorx300 said:

I heard stock shafts will be similar to the new Titleist offerings.

So Smoke RDX's & AV's.....That makes sense Mitsu needs to get some positive exposure again after being ran over by Fujikura the past 2 years.

4 hours ago, stanger37 said:

Had Nike Vapor Fly driver, still have the woods in the bag. Upgraded to M4 and may have to upgrade again. I'm a sucker for that blue. 

So you're the one guy who bought the Vapor Fly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

8 hours ago, ignitewvu said:

In my 10 years of club building I've seen dents all over golf clubs......

I've put dents on the sweet spot of these Ti/Carbon TMag clubs. 

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Forged aluminum is interesting, I assume that is all for strategic weight savings to be more concentrated in that rear weight, which is definitely a good thing. I don't care for the blue, but that is easy enough to change. 

I'm curious to see how heavy the rear weight is, because it sounds like they could have saved a ton of weight between all the carbon on the sole, aluminum in the back, and what sounds like a more stripped down version of the Speed Injection tech. I wouldn't be surprised to see that back weight coming in 10g+ heavier than the equivalent first SIM models. If the the shallower faced model is the same or even shallower than SIM standard then I will definitely take a peek. 🧐

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

1 hour ago, Valtiel said:

Forged aluminum is interesting, I assume that is all for strategic weight savings to be more concentrated in that rear weight, which is definitely a good thing. I don't care for the blue, but that is easy enough to change. 

I'm curious to see how heavy the rear weight is, because it sounds like they could have saved a ton of weight between all the carbon on the sole, aluminum in the back, and what sounds like a more stripped down version of the Speed Injection tech. I wouldn't be surprised to see that back weight coming in 10g+ heavier than the equivalent first SIM models. If the the shallower faced model is the same or even shallower than SIM standard then I will definitely take a peek. 🧐

One blurry pic showed 15G or 16G on the rear weight. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

9 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

One blurry pic showed 15G or 16G on the rear weight. 

Hmm, interesting. That should be the "standard" model which would be up a few grams from the original. If that is the "Max" model however then that would be a disappointment. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Bridgestone 

12 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

There must be a breaking point where launch becomes too high. 

Yes and no. Launch does start to come up the more you move weight back, but all you need to do to compensate is loft down and/or lower CG to reduce spin. Take the G400 MAX and the SIM standard for example. In order to achieve roughly the same MOI, you would need to increase the rear weight on the SIM by about 35g over stock, which would equal a roughly 47g rear weight. The higher speed pros that gamed the MAX simply lofted down and used stiffer tipped shafts to adjust for the increased dynamic loft that more rearward weight provides. 

Now going all the way up to G400 MAX levels of forgiveness is probably not completely necessary for Taylormade, but there most certainly will be a sweet spot in terms of MOI and vertical CG that will create the next "legendary" line of drivers, which i'm guessing will be around 5,200 - 5,300 Gm-Cm^2, which is basically where the G410 line is, but about 3-4mm lower in terms of vertical CG which will drop spin enough to avoid having to play a super low lofted head to achieve optimum launch conditions.  

• Like 2

Bridgestone 

40 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

Hmm, interesting. That should be the "standard" model which would be up a few grams from the original. If that is the "Max" model however then that would be a disappointment. 

The pic was of the standard SIM2. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

3 hours ago, Valtiel said:

If the the shallower faced model is the same or even shallower than SIM standard then I will definitely take a peek. 🧐

TM, don't listen to this guy 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

3 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Forged aluminum is very interesting indeed. I suspect it’s about strategic lowering the COG/MFP vs forged titanium while providing similar weight and a lot less cost to manufacture a finished product. Assume forecast of approx 2 million units sold saving roughly $11 per head in materials (cost of a rod of aluminum vs titanium) and say another $10 per head cheaper production cost per head (aluminum is a lot easier to work with than titanium), we have a pretty nice start for the tour player sponsor budget and discretionary marketing budget. Conservative math but you get the picture. It’s actually quite smart in an age where the competitors are spending more on titanium, matching carbon content, adding advertising/sponsorships to compete...it’s market gapping with a single material change, marketed on performance gained. 

I gamed SIM Max, and Max D all of 2020 and really both top of class. I suspect this to continue in measurable and subjective criteria with SIM 2. Hopefully, they offer a three pack so those who are interested can get all three heads for a value price. 

• Like 1

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

2 hours ago, Valtiel said:

I expect we'll see the higher MOI "Max" head to have a back weight more massive than this.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

7 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Yes and no. Launch does start to come up the more you move weight back, but all you need to do to compensate is loft down and/or lower CG to reduce spin. Take the G400 MAX and the SIM standard for example. In order to achieve roughly the same MOI, you would need to increase the rear weight on the SIM by about 35g over stock, which would equal a roughly 47g rear weight. The higher speed pros that gamed the MAX simply lofted down and used stiffer tipped shafts to adjust for the increased dynamic loft that more rearward weight provides. 

Now going all the way up to G400 MAX levels of forgiveness is probably not completely necessary for Taylormade, but there most certainly will be a sweet spot in terms of MOI and vertical CG that will create the next "legendary" line of drivers, which i'm guessing will be around 5,200 - 5,300 Gm-Cm^2, which is basically where the G410 line is, but about 3-4mm lower in terms of vertical CG which will drop spin enough to avoid having to play a super low lofted head to achieve optimum launch conditions.  

Soooooooo G425 LST??? haha

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

21 minutes ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

Soooooooo G425 LST??? haha

We'll see! PING has never really made any super aggressive moves down in terms of CG, more "back" and they have hovered around a similar spot since the G30. If the 425 line makes a big move down without lowering MOI then it will be a huge winner. 

Edited by Valtiel

Bridgestone 

6 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

We'll see! PING has never really made an super aggressive moves down in terms of CG, more "back" and they have hovered around a similar spot since the G30. If the 425 line makes a big move down without lowering MOI then it will be a huge winner. 

Completely agree. I'm a TM driver guy. SIM is one of the best they've ever made IMO. 

I always LIKE Ping. Never LOVE because I can't get the spin to a window I like. Really interested to try the 425 LST vs my SIM and lets be honest....the SIM 2 and TSI3....and probably anything else available for 2021 🤣 🤡

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

3 minutes ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

Completely agree. I'm a TM driver guy. SIM is one of the best they've ever made IMO. 

I always LIKE Ping. Never LOVE because I can't get the spin to a window I like. Really interested to try the 425 LST vs my SIM and lets be honest....the SIM 2 and TSI3....and probably anything else available for 2021 🤣 🤡

Agreed, and i'm interested to try the 425 LST as well, but the SIM is off to a very good start for me, especially with weight adjustments, so I don't really foresee changing anything. 

I think the fact that PING has seemingly always erred on staying above their printed lofts is part of it too. High MOI + mid CG + higher than stated lofts is a recipe for awesome stability and consistency, but not the lowest spin. IMO that is perfect for a majority of golfers, but if you're bringing a lot of speed then there have always been drivers out there that can squeeze out that extra 10 yards with more maxed out launch conditions. Whoever gets down to the neutral axis with PING level MOI will be very tough to beat IMO. 

Bridgestone