• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want pics give this post a like.  

It would be awesome if going forwards the original forum on a club release was limited to discussion of testing results and specs of the club ordered by members, and a second forum was created for peo

Given that the average WRXer swings at 135mph with a 1.52 smash factor I would say their swings generate more heat than any carbon jet is capable of making. With that said Taylormade probably had to d

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

The good old days.  I use to do the same thing👍

I'll never forget mid round when I guy we were paired with asked to hit my driver.  Then proceeded to ask me to adjust weights for him.  I think the look my partner and I gave him must have spoke volumes.  Needless to say no mid-round tinkering was done that day.  That was my first foray into the $800 driver world.  Definitely ahead of its time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

46 minutes ago, beedub96 said:

Did I miss something? Are we getting a SIM2 with a TP Badge???

Yeah, you missed reading several posts where we reminisced about TM drivers from years gone by. There’s no SIM2 TP.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 70S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 23° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 80 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang 

Callaway Chrome Soft X

On 12/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, TaylorMade Golf said:

Also this ⬇️

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.46.31 AM.png

Impressive given the slow start to the season with early lockdowns of courses.

Edited by Cwing

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Max 10.5* Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos vs Callaway Max 15*
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s vs PXG gen1 0211 4-P TGI80
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

4 hours ago, Cwing said:

Impressive given the slow start to the season with ear,y lockdowns of courses.

I don’t think that many closed down at all.  This year has been a huge golf boom in most places.    My clubs pro shop and the green grass shop that is in town cannot keep clubs on the rack.  And this is a huge old store that stocks every brand. Even xxio , and srixon.  The ping display has been bare for months.  TM was 3-4 drivers yesterday. I think it was only a slow start in metro areas.  

Edited by bladehunter

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Pxg Gen 2 0317X 3h  kbs 95 s+ 

Titleist T100 [email protected]*  modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

And still no one has yet to leak of photo of the face height for the 2 or 2 Max.......

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

2 minutes ago, ignitewvu said:

And still no one has yet to leak of photo of the face height for the 2 or 2 Max.......

Tm will come at you if you do.  Lol.  

im interested in seeing it too.  I have some feelers out. But this time with reps not traveling much , I doubt I get my hands on a head early like years past.  

Edited by bladehunter

I'm frankly disappointed that TM decided to remove the sliding track weight that affects right/left ball flight. I spoke with our pro who confirmed there is nothing on the inside that will do that, either (I was hoping there was something under the MOI screw that would). I understand about the weight savings to be redistributed, etc., but adjustability is a necessary feature in my book.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TravZygy said:

I was able to hit the normal SIM2 10.5 the other day. Huge improvement from SIM. I did not like the feel or the sound of SIM. They also somehow made it lower spinning and higher launching than the last. I didn’t get a chance to compare to my TSi3 but when I do it may kick it out. 

Can you describe how so ?   Is it quieter ? Or louder ? 

53 minutes ago, addage said:

I'm frankly disappointed that TM decided to remove the sliding track weight that affects right/left ball flight. I spoke with our pro who confirmed there is nothing on the inside that will do that, either (I was hoping there was something under the MOI screw that would). I understand about the weight savings to be redistributed, etc., but adjustability is a necessary feature in my book.

I'm in the same boat. However, the weights are uncentered so technically there is still CoG adjustability. You will just have to wait for heavier/lighter front and back weights. Maybe, just maybe, TM will offer a weight kit with the driver.

6 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I don’t think that many closed down at all.  This year has been a huge golf boom in most places.    My clubs pro shop and the green grass shop that is in town cannot keep clubs on the rack.  And this is a huge old store that stocks every brand. Even xxio , and srixon.  The ping display has been bare for months.  TM was 3-4 drivers yesterday. I think it was only a slow start in metro areas.  

Here in S. Fla ALL courses (and stores) were closed for at least 2-3 months.

When they reopened it was 1 person to a cart. Recently some counties have gone to 2 in a cart.

The PGATSS here has a lot of empty racks but it ain't because they're selling so much - it's because they can't replenish, i.e. supply chain disruption.

Are you sure your local shops "can't keep stuff on the racks" or is it they can't get more stock. Ping has been up front about supply chain issues and has had long delays in sending out orders.

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

Here in S. Fla ALL courses (and stores) were closed for at least 2-3 months.

When they reopened it was 1 person to a cart. Recently some counties have gone to 2 in a cart.

The PGATSS here has a lot of empty racks but it ain't because they're selling so much - it's because they can't replenish, i.e. supply chain disruption.

Are you sure your local shops "can't keep stuff on the racks" or is it they can't get more stock. Ping has been up front about supply chain issues and has had long delays in sending out orders.

It’s 100 % due to traffic.  I couldn’t find a place to park yesterday whne I went to hit the new titleist stuff on trackman.  

sure. Getting g410 stuff from ping is a ping supply issue.ping shut down  completely.

But the shop has gone to replacing everything with used , and it flys off the racks.  This shop isn’t like a big box.  They don’t depend on new inventory only.  Never have. It’s an old school horse trading post.  

They cut out all their eBay over stock sales due to the fact that they don’t need to sell online anymore , there isn’t any overstock.  This shop is a rarity.  It’s closed down a Edwin watts and a Golfsmith in the last 5 years. Been at the same location since the 70s.  

Example -  I traded in a ping g410 4 hybrid and a g410 sft 4 wood last week. He gave $150  on the hybrid and $190 on the 4 wood.  I was back in Monday to pickup shaft I ordered with the credit.  Both already sold.  The rack was bare again.  That’s were clubs I’d used for 18 months , daily . Nowhere near mint.     I used the credit on a ventus red shaft that was ordered Friday and arrived Monday from fujikura.  I watched them restock the titleist racks with new drivers while I was there.  I think things are coming in , ping being the exception.  So I was in there Friday Monday and Wednesday.  I had to wait till Wednesday to get an appointment for a trackman bay .  

I realize S. Florida may have shut down. But that’s one of the metro or highly populated areas I mentioned. Different rules for different places.  The exception not really the rule for the majority of golf acreage in the us.  SC courses didn’t close. Neither did stores.  And we are  the capital of golf on the east coast.  And like I. Said.  Records for rounds played each week at my course. Payed for the entire cartpath redo in full.  

I hate it by the way.  Very hard to just walk on in the evenings anymore , I used to have the place to myself after 3.  

Edited by bladehunter

39 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

It’s 100 % due to traffic.  I couldn’t find a place to park yesterday whne I went to hit the new titleist stuff on trackman.  

sure. Getting g410 stuff from ping is a ping supply issue.ping shut down  completely.

But the shop has gone to replacing everything with used , and it flys off the racks.  This shop isn’t like a big box.  They don’t depend on new inventory only.  Never have. It’s an old school horse trading post.  

They cut out all their eBay over stock sales due to the fact that they don’t need to sell online anymore , there isn’t any overstock.  This shop is a rarity.  It’s closed down a Edwin watts and a Golfsmith in the last 5 years. Been at the same location since the 70s.  

Example -  I traded in a ping g410 4 hybrid and a g410 sft 4 wood last week. He gave $150  on the hybrid and $190 on the 4 wood.  I was back in Monday to pickup shaft I ordered with the credit.  Both already sold.  The rack was bare again.  That’s were clubs I’d used for 18 months , daily . Nowhere near mint.     I used the credit on a ventus red shaft that was ordered Friday and arrived Monday from fujikura.  I watched them restock the titleist racks with new drivers while I was there.  I think things are coming in , ping being the exception.  So I was in there Friday Monday and Wednesday.  I had to wait till Wednesday to get an appointment for a trackman bay .  

I realize S. Florida may have shut down. But that’s one of the metro or highly populated areas I mentioned. Different rules for different places.  The exception not really the rule for the majority of golf acreage in the us.  SC courses didn’t close. Neither did stores.  And we are  the capital of golf on the east coast.  And like I. Said.  Records for rounds played each week at my course. Payed for the entire cartpath redo in full.  

I hate it by the way.  Very hard to just walk on in the evenings anymore , I used to have the place to myself after 3.  

I've tried to find some sales figures but couldn't find 'em. Only thing I found was the huge jump in July in new equipment sales year-over-year. That would coincide with all the courses that were closed opening up again and a lot of people with no outdoor activities turned to golf. Most of 'em will be gone once the pandemic is finally under control.

But yesterday ? EVERY parking lot was filled to the brim yesterday. :classic_biggrin: Tomorrow's Christmas. Check back next Wednesday.

Yes, USED equipment is a crazy big seller since Covid. Used prices are way up. I sold off some stuff I didn't want and was surprised at the prices I got.

NEW equipment, I believe, is a different story. Racks empty, no replacements. :classic_wink: I talked to the salesmen about the new TSi drivers. They told me that guys are trying them but no one's buying them. ¯\_()_/¯

Merry Christmas !!!

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

I've tried to find some sales figures but couldn't find 'em. Only thing I found was the huge jump in July in new equipment sales year-over-year. That would coincide with all the courses that were closed opening up again and a lot of people with no outdoor activities turned to golf. Most of 'em will be gone once the pandemic is finally under control.

But yesterday ? EVERY parking lot was filled to the brim yesterday. :classic_biggrin: Tomorrow's Christmas. Check back next Wednesday.

Yes, USED equipment is a crazy big seller since Covid. Used prices are way up. I sold off some stuff I didn't want and was surprised at the prices I got.

NEW equipment, I believe, is a different story. Racks empty, no replacements. :classic_wink: I talked to the salesmen about the new TSi drivers. They told me that guys are trying them but no one's buying them. ¯\_()_/¯

Merry Christmas !!!

Merry Christmas to you too ! 

yea. True. Didn’t think holiday shoppers.  I haven’t been to “ town “ maybe 4 times in 10 months other than this week ...try to do all buying locally.  .  this introvert hasn’t missed the crowds or people ( I know right.   Me introverted ).  I do however know where my Amazon driver lives , and my ups driver rearranges his afternoon stops ( packages ) at my place  while  he eats his lunch and talks world events with me  Lol.  Both good dudes. What a long strange year it’s been.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, easyyy said:

I am not. I never used it and I know that structure and weight all ads up to grams that should be used to optimize the CG and MOI more. I say lose it for better MOI and CG to kick the spin down.

100% agree there.  As a Tm driver user since sldr , I can say I played the m2 m4 m6 then sim max.  The sliding weight thing doesn’t truly do anything unless It’s to either extreme.    And in my experience it doesn’t do what you think.  It just makes middle strikes feel odd. Because there’s no weight behind the ball.   

launch and moi are where it’s at.  Hotmelt can be added anyways to cure any draw or fade tendency a head may have.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oldboy said:

the TSI line is backordered more likely to do shaft options .. but there's just not enough product, either way.  I cancelled an order after they quoted me it taking a month to get the club.

Now that is legit a bad decision.

A month?

Bud, that’s probably industry best for all OEM’s.

Someone obviously didn’t do their homework on lead times....

23 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

Ok Thanks bro! 

Most underrated  comeback of 2020 !  Savage !  

2 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

Great to see @bladehunterand @Oldboyadding such valuable comments. Glad you two are in such a festive spirit on this amazing day! Moving on....

That was more inside humor for my own use.   Reason being is I have a 12 year old who plays online games with his friends.  The amount of “ bros “ and “ dudes “ you can hear coming from him during play is akin to the number of times you’d hear “ like totally “ come from a valley girls mouth in the movie clueless.   It’s a sign of the times. I’m getting old because the langue is changing to something that sounds foreign.  Nothing personal.  I laughed because it struck a nerve with me.  If anything making fun of myself.  

besides. Didn’t you start that comment chain ? Id probably cancel an order quoted a month out too considering you can buy a head off the rack today and add the shaft and not likely spend any more $ building it yourself.  Half of titleists upcharge shafts are over priced.  Example $368 for ventus velocore.  I bought one for $310 out the door including $20 shipping from a Fuji dealer last week.    No need to wait for titleist to build it.  And no need for all the fussing about it.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ASN21 said:

One of the most bizarre threads of 2020. 

#fact

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5*, HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60g 6.5 
TaylorMade SIM2 3W 15*, HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70g 6.5
TaylorMade SIM2 3H 19*, Ventus Hybrid 8X

Taylormade P770 4-PW, PX LS 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58M

TaylorMade Spider X
SM 4.5LS 14 Way

On 12/24/2020 at 2:55 PM, addage said:

Durability was also an issue.  We had a few really high swing speed guys crack the face low in the heel this year on the sim.