Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

38 minutes ago, mjmurphy said:

Wonder if that is why a lot of the tour pros are going ventus black in 6 over 7 due to the balance point and the 7x being on the lines of counterbalanced.

What is more interesting is that some players choose Ventus 6x BLUE vs Black, including Patrick Reed, Si Woo Kim, and Ian of TXG. Meanwhile all three play 9 degree or lower loft. So a slightly higher launch in Ventus Blue coupled with low loft will help get a reasonable launch window I assume.

3 minutes ago, J-Zone said:

This was the 15th swing without any warmup with a 6x tipped 0.5” at 45.25”

Going to be hard pressed to get a more smooth, stable feel, in my opinion and will start the season with it in the bag.

7E32C0A2-578A-47F7-8DD3-EBB12C95BB52.png

With those numbers it should start the season in the bag and never leave! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

17 minutes ago, golfer55082 said:

What is more interesting is that some players choose Ventus 6x BLUE vs Black, including Patrick Reed, Si Woo Kim, and Ian of TXG. Meanwhile all three play 9 degree or lower loft. So a slightly higher launch in Ventus Blue coupled with low loft will help get a reasonable launch window I assume.

Wonder if it has to do with the stiffer handle section in the vb and those players not being able to load it making it spin more than the black. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Please come back February 1 for actual information, and all of your questions will be answered.  Pictures and shaft options too!  Even then there will be a few pages about TM’s shaft tipping policy

Not surprised.

• Like 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

3 hours ago, golfer55082 said:

Following. 
I would think it is because 6x is already stable enough for their swing speed. You want to play the lightest with same stability, right.

I would agree.  We are at the point now where every other OEM is now chasing Fuji to get their 60g class as stable.  It’s up to Fuji to now push the limits and get us a stable 50g shaft! 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Does anyone know if Taylormade will be doing the 150% trade in for new SIM2 equipment like previous models?

T Bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Taylormade Stealth 2+ - MCA Kai'li Blue 60s

Callaway Epic Speed 3w & 5w - Project X HZRDUS Smoke im10 70s 

Taylormade '21 P790 4-gw - MCA MMT 105s

Taylormade Hi Toe 2 Raw 54, 58 - Aldila NV Black 105s

Wilson Staff Infitinte Buckingham

Srixon Z Star 🔷

1 hour ago, rochestergolfer36 said:

So I had success with Dick’s Sporting Goods/Golf Galaxy and Taylormade getting my order updated regarding tipping. 

I placed my order late Thursday night and Friday morning had gone through chat to hopefully get them to attach a note about tipping 1” soft. I wanted to confirm so today I called TM. They said I’d need to get an order/PO number first from DSG. Called DSG and they couldn’t get me anything but said try their order number. Called TM back they said nope not it. 

But that rep told me it starts with a 980.  Called DSG back and rep sent a message to their custom order department or something to add note again but I also requested to get my TM order #. 5 hours later get a GG email with my order number. I called TM, they quickly found my order. I had ordered 2 drivers. 1 had the correct tip adjustment but the other one didn’t. The rep said he typically is not supposed to adjust it but would. Took 2-3 minutes on phone with TM after having that number and now won’t have to swing like Rory to get the ball airborne. 

I also brought up swingweight as I ordered length +0.75” without grip so I could have it cut myself. They said that’d it’d be all normal. So I don’t if that’s bc I didn’t have grip or they don’t adjust that unless you ask. 

So my advice is get your order number starting in 980 from GG/DSG then call Taylormade. It will take calling into GG/DSG and then getting an email. 

Hope that helps some of you guys. 

can’t wait to see both your builds on BST LOL

2 hours ago, weezel514 said:

Does anyone know if Taylormade will be doing the 150% trade in for new SIM2 equipment like previous models?

Haven't seen anything in a couple of days, but about 3 days ago it was a no. The guys who ordered from GG and DSG believe those 2 retailers did the ventus at no up charge as a perk for a few days since there was no 150% trade-in. The guys at my local Edwin watts don't think the 150% will be done because golf product is really moving. They said if it happens it'll likely be in a few months if new product doesn't move.

5 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Haven't seen anything in a couple of days, but about 3 days ago it was a no. The guys who ordered from GG and DSG believe those 2 retailers did the ventus at no up charge as a perk for a few days since there was no 150% trade-in. The guys at my local Edwin watts don't think the 150% will be done because golf product is really moving. They said if it happens it'll likely be in a few months if new product doesn't move.

Dang, I was holding out hoping that was the case and was going to trade in my old SIM.  Guess Ill just get on with the preorder.  Were they doing the Ventus Velocore at no upcharge or the TM made for?

T Bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Taylormade Stealth 2+ - MCA Kai'li Blue 60s

Callaway Epic Speed 3w & 5w - Project X HZRDUS Smoke im10 70s 

Taylormade '21 P790 4-gw - MCA MMT 105s

Taylormade Hi Toe 2 Raw 54, 58 - Aldila NV Black 105s

Wilson Staff Infitinte Buckingham

Srixon Z Star 🔷

2 hours ago, rochestergolfer36 said:

So I had success with Dick’s Sporting Goods/Golf Galaxy and Taylormade getting my order updated regarding tipping. 

I placed my order late Thursday night and Friday morning had gone through chat to hopefully get them to attach a note about tipping 1” soft. I wanted to confirm so today I called TM. They said I’d need to get an order/PO number first from DSG. Called DSG and they couldn’t get me anything but said try their order number. Called TM back they said nope not it. 

But that rep told me it starts with a 980.  Called DSG back and rep sent a message to their custom order department or something to add note again but I also requested to get my TM order #. 5 hours later get a GG email with my order number. I called TM, they quickly found my order. I had ordered 2 drivers. 1 had the correct tip adjustment but the other one didn’t. The rep said he typically is not supposed to adjust it but would. Took 2-3 minutes on phone with TM after having that number and now won’t have to swing like Rory to get the ball airborne. 

I also brought up swingweight as I ordered length +0.75” without grip so I could have it cut myself. They said that’d it’d be all normal. So I don’t if that’s bc I didn’t have grip or they don’t adjust that unless you ask. 

So my advice is get your order number starting in 980 from GG/DSG then call Taylormade. It will take calling into GG/DSG and then getting an email. 

Thanks for this update man. 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

Have I missed it? Is the Sim2 less fade bias than Sim? I had to get rid of my Sim due to the right side bias. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

7 hours ago, rochestergolfer36 said:

Thanks for sharing! Just as a side note, an inch of tipping won't ever be the difference between playable and unplayable, but some people and certain shafts will be more or less sensitive to it. Have fun with the builds!

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

5 hours ago, kekoa said:

My son just got his D type.  Played 9 holes and he was 10-15 yards longer with the sim 2 than the SIM.   We don't have a trackman, but used markers at our home course as reference.   I can't wait until the weather dries out so we can maximize distance with roll out.  Very pleased with the driver thus far.  Most noticeable difference is the sound.  I always thought the SIM was muted a bit, but the Sim 2 gives you a very nice thwack sound.  

sim2d.jpg

sd2.jpg

sd1.jpg

Tour Spec version too, very nice!

51 minutes ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Hit a 9 and 8 degree SIM 2 this morning. Not in my gamer shaft but these are stupid forgiving. Almost felt as if Ping carboned out one of their recent driver heads but still kept the Taylormade "hotness". Totally different feel than last years SIMs and I think reaches a broader range of golfers.

IMO Taylormade really needs to emphasize how forgiving and easy to hit these really are vs. the original SIM and I haven't seen enough of that in the marketing and message. The youtubers also did a disservice to this release saying the numbers were almost identical to last years SIM or not quite as good. Feel/forgiveness this year is MUCH better and should give golfers more confidence off the tee. If the forgiveness is way up while still maintaining similar spin/launch/ball speed numbers this is a win release.  

Thanks. Less fade bias then last years?

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

15 hours ago, kekoa said:

My son just got his D type.  Played 9 holes and he was 10-15 yards longer with the sim 2 than the SIM.   We don't have a trackman, but used markers at our home course as reference.   I can't wait until the weather dries out so we can maximize distance with roll out.  Very pleased with the driver thus far.  Most noticeable difference is the sound.  I always thought the SIM was muted a bit, but the Sim 2 gives you a very nice thwack sound.  

sim2d.jpg

sd2.jpg

sd1.jpg

What shaft is that? 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

It's a ven2s blue. It's the ventus that everyone who got the no up charge ventus are getting...

Does it have Velocore on the shaft? I have a Blue Velocore and is not even close to that colour

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Finally got to hit the Sim2 today. I just do not like to hit a club unless I can get it outside on my range. Was able to do this and was very impressed. This club is very forgiving. I would say they are approaching Ping LST forgiveness here. I hit my patented toe shots and would not have even known it if I hadn’t seen the marks on the face. There was no twisting or torquing in my hands. Feel is so solid and much softer than my Ping. Sound is incredible to my ears and the look is good as well. I just could not get along with the OG Sim but this one is going to make a big push for a slot in my bag. 

23 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Finally got to hit the Sim2 today. I just do not like to hit a club unless I can get it outside on my range. Was able to do this and was very impressed. This club is very forgiving. I would say they are approaching Ping LST forgiveness here. I hit my patented toe shots and would not have even known it if I hadn’t seen the marks on the face. There was no twisting or torquing in my hands. Feel is so solid and much softer than my Ping. Sound is incredible to my ears and the look is good as well. I just could not get along with the OG Sim but this one is going to make a big push for a slot in my bag. 

Spec wise that probably lines up very closely re: PING LST vs. SIM2 in terms of forgiveness. The OG Sim Max's MOI was about even with the G410 SFT, which was a few ticks lower than the LST because of the heel weighting. With the rearward weight shift in the SIM2 I would imagine that both models are hovering around the SFT/LST MOI range combined with the directional forgiveness that Twist Face gives. 👍

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

1 hour ago, awtryau89 said:

Do you mean the new ping g425 lst?