Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

On 2/12/2021 at 5:57 PM, hokiealumn said:

Stardate 2122021 

Upon further investigation of the Driver I’ve come upon another issue. The weight screw near the face is not seated all the way. There is A LOT of blue loctite visible under the screw (Treadlocker Tape). No idea if this is worth sending back to TM. 

I assume too much tape was used and the treads locked before seated 100%. OR the threads are stripped. I don’t have a security torx bit otherwise I would investigate more. Will pick on up tomorrow to see what’s going on. 

Glitch or not, a $500+ should have better quality control than this. This is becoming very disappointing. 

0FE0D5F7-6D5B-493E-878B-4B0CF5986E09.jpeg

B7E66055-E144-42C9-BE25-8BD8D0A5ADB0.jpeg

D87FB6A0-FC71-4854-A65F-AEB5DE59483E.jpeg

Mine is like that too. Identical. Guessing that’s the way they are. I unscrewed it and put it back in and that’s as far as it goes. 

43 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

Mine is like that too. Identical. Guessing that’s the way they are. I unscrewed it and put it back in and that’s as far as it goes. 

I was under the impression that this screw has zero real affect on the playability on the driver?

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

43 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

I was under the impression that this screw has zero real affect on the playability on the driver?

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

52 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

Then there might be more to this then. There is no reason the screw shouldn’t fully seat. This sounds like the screw is potentially not fully treaded or they used the wrong weight screw. 

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

On 2/12/2021 at 10:22 AM, hokiealumn said:

I ordered an 8* SIM2 w/  Ventus Velocore Black 6X through GG and that part of my order was flawless. Maybe its because I ordered an 8* and that loft is not offered in the SIM MAX. Either way, there is no excuse to get a different head than what you ordered. I would reach out to TM as all GG did was facilitate the order, the "build" was still done by TM which is where the mistake was made.

A customer should return to the one who took the $. 

Simple.

• Like 2

Ive had my SIM 2 for about 3 weeks now. Ive played 3 rounds in the sim and had two range sessions, I play a GD Tour AD-GP 6X, i was hoping for an upgrade in tech from my M5. What ive found is it sounds like the M5 and feels close but IMPO The M5 outperforms the Sim 2 in forgiveness with the same exact shaft in it. They are within 3-5 yards in distance but i put that on me swinging. I will say the Sim2 is a spin killer, incredibly low spin.

Regretting not getting the TSI at this moment. I just figured as always Cant beat a TM driver. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

A customer should return to the one who took the $. 

Simple.

Agree

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

On 2/12/2021 at 12:44 PM, hokiealumn said:

Just think of it as we are all the early testers working out the kinks so everyone else's orders come in correct.

Agree.  The screw seatissue reminds me of the M5 carbon cracking on the bottom where it overlapped with the weight. 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

7 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

Agree

I would normally agree with both of you but all GG will offer is a return and then price match to allow me to reorder. The return would go to GG, then be sent to Taylormade for evaluation. 

In the above scenario TM never doesn’t see the issue before the new club is potentially built.  

Titleist -ProV1X

So my warranty SIM2 arrived yesterday and is sitting in plastic until the end of March when I go for a fitting.   I want to keep it as new Incase I decide to trade it against a TSi or G425.  

if I did put SIM2 in play (it looks really good) how is going to compare Spin and Launch to my M3? 

M3 - 9.5 set 2 clicks to lower 

Weights set at One all back to Fade and one was located mid center track 

Shaft is ACCRA TZ6 65

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

5 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

I took mine all the way out, cleaned the treads in the driver and the screw. Test fit it and it went all the way in. Pulled it out, new blue thread lock and better than new 😉

• Like 3

Titleist -ProV1X

8 hours ago, Oaks said:

So my warranty SIM2 arrived yesterday and is sitting in plastic until the end of March when I go for a fitting.   I want to keep it as new Incase I decide to trade it against a TSi or G425.  

if I did put SIM2 in play (it looks really good) how is going to compare Spin and Launch to my M3? 

M3 - 9.5 set 2 clicks to lower 

Weights set at One all back to Fade and one was located mid center track 

Shaft is ACCRA TZ6 65

On paper the SIM2 should launch higher and spin lower strike for strike given that the CG is lower overall. Forgiveness will likely be fairly similar as the M3 in your configuration is in the mid/high MOI range, with the SIM2 Max likely being a bit higher (Similar to both weights back on the M3). I'm not sure how face height compares, bit I imagine the SIM2 is a little shallower which will mean a tighter spin window overall (less variation between the higher spinning low strikes and the lower spinning high strikes). 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

On 2/12/2021 at 2:53 PM, norcaltrojan said:

Sim2 Max 9' w Ventus 6X ordered from GG on 1.22 - Current status is "In Process" which is the same its been since i ordered. CC was charged on 1/22

Still no update. Also signed up for the FedEx account to try and catch an update via a label and haven't heard anything

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

24 minutes ago, norcaltrojan said:

Still no update. Also signed up for the FedEx account to try and catch an update via a label and haven't heard anything

Your shipment will first show up under Tracking -> Advanced shipment tracking once TM creates the shipping label.

I ordered mine 1/21 and the label was created yesterday so I expect it to ship today.  GG site still shows preparing for shipment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jhstl said:

Your shipment will first show up under Tracking -> Advanced shipment tracking once TM creates the shipping label.

I ordered mine 1/21 and the label was created yesterday so I expect it to ship today.  GG site still shows preparing for shipment.

Ah, thank you! I spent 15min trying to find that info fully knowing that there was a likelihood that I was in the right place but the label may not have been created yet. I'm showing some weird (master) PENDING pending so hopefully that's something? While the foot of snow and 0' temps will delay hitting it I also feel like the terrible weather and trapped feeling is 100% making the anticipation worse

40 minutes ago, norcaltrojan said:

Ah, thank you! I spent 15min trying to find that info fully knowing that there was a likelihood that I was in the right place but the label may not have been created yet. I'm showing some weird (master) PENDING pending so hopefully that's something? While the foot of snow and 0' temps will delay hitting it I also feel like the terrible weather and trapped feeling is 100% making the anticipation worse

Same boat here with the Fedex (master) situation.  I'm just impatient lol

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

I ordered National Custom Works irons with Don White grinding them in December with a 6 month delivery estimate. If Sim2 is a trial run in patience I'm failing miserably. I don't know why I do this to myself lol

• Like 2

Venting here on FedEx. They're by far the most inept carrier I've dealt with out of the 3. Sure USPS had their issues over the holidays, but FedEx is regularly behind on even expedited deliveries with no excuses. It's snowing in Maine, so they can't make my delivery on time coming to NC from CA. My Sim2 order is sitting in Raleigh since last night. Rather than delivering a day early, they keep it for tomorrow. I called the 800 number, they told me I could go pick it up today. Went there, they said it's not even here yet even though it's scanned at the Raleigh location. Then he says "Oh well it's not due until tomorrow so we won't even sort the container until tomorrow." 

I also once was told by their "customer service agents," that they don't deliver ahead of the scheduled delivery date. I told them that makes no sense whatsoever - what about delivering late? They just said well delays happen. I asked specifically why they can't deliver early, but late is acceptable and got some bogus answer. I've personally vowed to avoid FedEx at all costs myself.

Now they say they attempted delivery and it was closed. Right. My home isn’t a business and we’re not closed. 

4668311D-F2DF-418E-9AB2-DD2D2CC56459.png

Edited by davo32683

Nothing is safe in my bag!

On 2/12/2021 at 2:53 PM, awtryau89 said:

I've got the driver ordered from GG on 1/21 and at another location earlier this week. Going to be interesting to see which one ships first. No word yet from GG. They haven't even charged my card. My card has been charged from the other location. Nothing on my FedEx account either. Guessing I won't be lucky and get it early since I'm in Atlanta and shipping across the country is at least 4 days. 1st Men's Association tournament of 2021 next weekend and would like to have some time with it beforehand.

We had our first MGA event in Atlanta two weekends ago.  A blind draw A<B<C<D, 4 clubs allowed event, the Polar Bear Open.  2 best balls on par 4's and 3 best balls on par 3's and par 5's.  It was cold and wet, would love some warm days here in Atlanta soon.

I am going to attempt to play the whole year with only one set of irons this year, and my only swap being wedges for gapping once my new irons arrive, and a driver.  Wow, that is all of my bag except 3 wood and 7 wood, so I'm not giving up my WRX card.  LOL

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

FedEx and UPS have record volume because of covid-19 for over a year now and they want to provide the best service they can to customers on time as possible and that's why they don't do future deliveries.  Most people do their shopping online now which is a huge change.  Also in winter months you can get flight delays, just my two cents.  I can't speak for every location but my location delivers futures on everyday except for Saturday Sunday and Monday.

Edited by Timbo Slice
  • Like 1

FedEx keeps messing with me by sending me emails about an employee’s work uniform I recently ordered. I get excited each time I’ve gotten an email from them the last two days 😫

Was hoping to have it early for an AZ trip this weekend but looks like I’ll have to wait for the snow to melt in March...or April...or May 😭 to get it outside

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rpete33 said:

Any one know golf galaxy return policy? They sent me the max. I ordered standard, but I pulled off the wrapper 

Custom clubs are typically no returns but you did not get what you ordered. GG should accept this return. 

This makes 3 of this same issue. I’m wondering if GG screwed up in sending the orders to Taylormade or if Taylormade messed up during  assembly. I assume your build sheet from Taylormade says SIM2 Max head?

Edited by hokiealumn

Titleist -ProV1X

1 hour ago, hokiealumn said:

Custom clubs are typically no returns but you did not get what you ordered. GG should accept this return. 

This makes 3 of this same issue. I’m wondering if GG screwed up in sending the orders to Taylormade or if Taylormade messed up during  assembly. I assume your build sheet from Taylormade says SIM2 Max head?

Correct, order email from golf galaxy says sim 2, Taylormade build sheet says sim 2 max 

1 hour ago, Rpete33 said:

Correct, order email from golf galaxy says sim 2, Taylormade build sheet says sim 2 max 

GG will never admit it to you but I'm willing to be the issue is on their side. TM's order system puts the order straight down to the person building the club so if the TM build sheet says SIM2 MAX its because that is how they got the order. Someone at GG has to translate the online order into a TM order sheet and that is what get sent to TM. Likely someone in GG isn't aware of how similar the clubs look so they are marking SIM2 MAX vs. SIM2 on the order sheet.

Titleist -ProV1X

I am going to just state a observation here, and dont mean for it to be fact.   I have a few friends that are GM's for big box stores and they say that the bulk of all/any shipments of the new SIM2 woods are SIM2 Max.   One store shows 30+ Regular SIM drivers on order but none of those have arrived.  I wonder if TM has more stock of Max's hence literally a hand full of Standard SIM's on hand for Friday's "Launch" .   

• Like 2
  • Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X