Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

On 2/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, Brooks Cupcake said:

Sounds like a bitz session from one retailer issue, and even the people that got their “Free” Ventus still complain.

Just go and buy the head you want, swap the stock shaft into the head you have, and then you’re set and we don’t have to listen any longer.

Or the retailer will swap at no issue to getting the head you need while keeping your “Free” Ventus.

If the Ventus wasn't in play, there is no way I would have bought it without hitting it and testing it against the competitors. It's still snowing here on the east coast, I would have been happy waiting until March/April when the logistics have been worked out. And I would have bought it from my local shop. 

Edited by geesecougar2
  • Like 2

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

On 2/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, GolfmanNewYork14 said:

I got notification that my Sim2 9* with Ventus Black 7X shipped this morning. I got this when the “glitch” was active on GG. I am seeing others that took advantage of the glitch are receiving Sim Max when they ordered Sim. Can anyone else chime in and confirm if this is on most/all orders or if anyone has received the correct head?

This isn’t a huge concern, as I’ll likely change out the adapter to a Titleist to game the Ventus in my TSi3.

Well, my driver showed up today. SIM2 Max. It's okay, as I am going to game the Ventus in my TSi3, but this isn't right. That said, I've heard DSG/GG have been good about in store head swaps to the correct model. Not abig deal for me, as the head is listed for sale.

3 hours ago, bambooluv said:

My darn MySim2 has been stuck w Fedex since last Thursday due to this carzy front that has left Texas trying to sacrifice virgins to the Sun God's so we can get some normalcy back again. 😭

Same here except in Louisiana.  Ordered from GG on 1/20 and it made it to Shreveport finally and BOOM, got the dreaded "delivery exception" bc of this winter storm.   Few more days and we'll be back to 70 degrees and 70% humidity.  Its been an icy mess down south.  I can hear Obi Wan saying "patience young Luke" 

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

Someone should start a new thread called "GG/DSG Ventus Glitch"

• Like 3

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

My SIM replacement showed up last Thursday before this front came thru Texas.  My replacement for the 10.5* SIM is the 10.5* SIM2.  I've only got to hit a few balls at Golf Galaxy on Saturday night, but I was impressed with it.  I tried it with an ACCRA 70g CS1 set 1 click lower than standard, and it seemed lower spinning than the 10.5* SIM.  

My swing speed was a measly 104 mph, but I was getting about 245-250 yards carry on good shots.  Spin on my 2 best shots was 2200-2500.  I honestly can't remember the launch angle or ball speed, but I try not to look too much into numbers when I'm hitting on a CG2 because I have a tendency to try and hit the ball too hard. 

My worst shot only spun about 3000 rpm, and it was definitely more of a fade, but my carry was about 10 yards farther than I expected it to be.  I did hit a couple that had spin in the 1500-1600 spin range, but those were really bad hooks where I tried to hit the ball too hard.  

I'm hoping to get another go on Saturday when I get a chance to go by Golf Galaxy.  I was in there right before they closed, so it was just a quick chance to hit a few.  I might get to play this weekend, but I don't know if it'll happen with all the snow in the DFW area melting.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

4 hours ago, geesecougar2 said:

Ordered from GG on 1/21 and have not been charged yet. All I have is the GG tracking UI, and it says "Preparing for Shipment" and "In Process" under the two "Status" fields, respectively. 

Not gonna bug anyone until I see what happens on general ship day, 2/19. When I called GG weeks ago to specify the tipping situation on the Ventus, they said TM was already building the club so no changes could be made. So I feel like it should either be shipped on/around 2/19, or I should still be able to specify the tipping. 

We shall see. 

yeah I’m in the same boat and it’s pretty frustrating to check and see no progress made when others are getting shipped out. I’d rather have an update around the order being delayed than be stuck in purgatory. I’ll likely call tomorrow but I’m dreading the “3/4 delivery date” that others have received  

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

SIM2 Max 9* and Max 16.5* arrived yesterday... After hitting head to head with my PXG woods, I dont think TM is gonna make the cut

Put a few different shafts in the driver and topped out at 159mph. First swing with the PXG proto and hit 164. 

I like the looks, sound, feel of the SIM2's but I'll be moving on from them

• Thanks 1

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

41 minutes ago, JoeFrigo said:

SIM2 Max 9* and Max 16.5* arrived yesterday... After hitting head to head with my PXG woods, I dont think TM is gonna make the cut

Put a few different shafts in the driver and topped out at 159mph. First swing with the PXG proto and hit 164. 

I like the looks, sound, feel of the SIM2's but I'll be moving on from them

When you talk of shaft changing and testing with them, it's just another reminder to us that many other OEMs are supplying "real deal" shafts and TM gives us watered down versions of quality shafts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Steelhead said:

When you talk of shaft changing and testing with them, it's just another reminder to us that many other OEMs are supplying "real deal" shafts and TM gives us watered down versions of quality shafts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

not sure where that came from. I ordered with hzrdus smoke blue RDX. The other 3 shafts I used were KBS TD, LA Golf Ozik Black Tie, and Ventus Black. None of those combos could touch PXG w/ Tensei Pro Orange

TaylorMade TP5x

Ordered mine this past Monday 2/15 from PGA Tour SS.  Got fitted for the smoke green 60 in 6.5 Flex.  However on TMs website it says this combo won't ship out until April 5th????  

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

3 hours ago, JoeFrigo said:

not sure where that came from. I ordered with hzrdus smoke blue RDX. The other 3 shafts I used were KBS TD, LA Golf Ozik Black Tie, and Ventus Black. None of those combos could touch PXG w/ Tensei Pro Orange

The New Tensei Orange AV Raw might be my favorite shaft out there right now. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

28 minutes ago, BDowning said:

The New Tensei Orange AV Raw might be my favorite shaft out there right now. 

im dying to try that one! ive got regular Tensei Pro Orange in the driver and love it. The AV Raw is slightly softer but makes me think it would be perfect in a fairway

TaylorMade TP5x

Ordered a MySim2 with Ventus 60 x black Just got this; 

Valued Member of Team TaylorMade,

Thank you for pre-ordering Custom Sim2 product.  Due to unexpected inventory delays, we are unable to deliver this product within the previously announced timeline.  The new ship date is Feb 26th, and  we sincerely apologize for this delay

• Sad 1

Titleist TSr3 9º AD-DI 6x
Titleist TSr3 15º AD-DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 19º AD-DI 95x

T100 4-AW PX 6.0

SM10 56-12º D Modus 125 wedge

SM10 60-12º D Modus 125 wedge

Spider tour

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmea

21 minutes ago, bladestriker said:

Thank you for pre-ordering Custom Sim2 product.  Due to unexpected inventory delays, we are unable to deliver this product within the previously announced timeline.  The new ship date is Feb 26th, and  we sincerely apologize for this delay

I just got the same email. Boo!

• Like 1

Nothing is safe in my bag!

15 hours ago, jah7838 said:

I honestly can't remember the launch angle or ball speed, but I try not to look too much into numbers when I'm hitting on a CG2 because I have a tendency to try and hit the ball too hard. 

Curious to know why this about a GC2. I've only hit on Trackman but have been considering getting a GC2.

Relevant to the thread, I am playing the Mavrik SZ in Ventus Blue 6S and am seriously debating looking at the Sim or Sim2 in the same shaft; all it took was for my teaching pro at the club to say "Mavrik's got a lot of speed, but twistface works"

1 hour ago, bladestriker said:

I ordered mine with a stock shaft, custom grip, on release day.  It shipped Wednesday night but hasn’t left LA yet due to weather.  

• Like 1

Got my SIM2 8* today!  Did a really short test before having to get to an appointment.  I put 2 grams of hotmelt in.  Sounds great and feels great.  I only hit a few but one came in at 720 rpms??  Must have been a misread.  The GC Quad read that and of course it had it falling out of the Sky immediately... 😂

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

5 hours ago, JoeFrigo said:

I think that is less the head and more the shaft, the PO is a very unique profile that is tough to beat if it works for your swing

1 hour ago, Krt22 said:

I think that is less the head and more the shaft, the PO is a very unique profile that is tough to beat if it works for your swing

The PO worked great in the M5 for me. In the SIM2 it was 15 yards shorter vs. Ventus Black due to SPIN. For me it was +1000 RPM higher vs. the Black Ventus. This head is definitely different. Did not test a PO in the OG SIM so not sure as far as that goes.

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

10 minutes ago, Baxterbarret said:

Got my glitch GG Sim2 with Ventus today. Head looks good. Shaft is Velocore. But they tipped it 1in! GG didn't even have a tipping option. Has anyone tried to take it to GG to get it fixed?

Not happening I’d bet. Almost all TM builds come tipped 1” unless you login to their custom build application and notice that the only option is hard step, then it comes untipped (ie smoke green 70 if I recall is an option)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

Not happening I’d bet. Almost all TM builds come tipped 1” unless you login to their custom build application and notice that the only option is hard step, then it comes untipped (ie smoke green 70 if I recall is an option)

Well that is a bummer, especially since GG does not come with that option. I knew the glitch was too good to be true.

Just now, Baxterbarret said:

Well that is a bummer, especially since GG does not come with that option. I knew the glitch was too good to be true.

There will be a ton of 1” tipped Ventus on the BST in the next few weeks, with most of the people who think they can handle the tipping, won’t be able to.

I peak at 115, and 168 ball speed and the black 6x at 0.5” is about the most I can handle, but could easily go 1” on the blue.

I would say that’s the range to handle both shafts, as I’ve spent time with both of them untipped and tipped.

• Like 1

There will be a ton of 1” tipped Ventus on the BST in the next few weeks, with most of the people who think they can handle the tipping, won’t be able to.

I peak at 115, and 168 ball speed and the black 6x at 0.5” is about the most I can handle, but could easily go 1” on the blue.

I would say that’s the range to handle both shafts, as I’ve spent time with both of them untipped and tipped.

I top out at 107. The blue 6s tipped 1in might work... 

6 minutes ago, Baxterbarret said:

I top out at 107. The blue 6s tipped 1in might work... 

100% you should be fine. It will be a tad lower launch and a couple of hundred revs of spin, and will be a bit more stable or firm. 
Most people are petrified of tipping, but if you look at most of the tipping information of what’s provided for your staff, even the lower end SS guys in your range go 1” with about 5-10% going 0.5” or untipped. 

100% you should be fine. It will be a tad lower launch and a couple of hundred revs of spin, and will be a bit more stable or firm. 
Most people are petrified of tipping, but if you look at most of the tipping information of what’s provided for your staff, even the lower end SS guys in your range go 1” with about 5-10% going 0.5” or untipped. 

Thanks for the advice. I usually go S because my attack angle is only about 2 up so I like the extra launch from a softer shaft since I fall on the S/X line. I might be able to keep the 10.5 head at 10.5. Get the stability and launch, but keep the spin slightly lower. Could be an error that plays out for the best. Thanks again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GWfool said:

Curious to know why this about a GC2. I've only hit on Trackman but have been considering getting a GC2.

Relevant to the thread, I am playing the Mavrik SZ in Ventus Blue 6S and am seriously debating looking at the Sim or Sim2 in the same shaft; all it took was for my teaching pro at the club to say "Mavrik's got a lot of speed, but twistface works"

It would be the same issue when I get on any simulator. I try to hit the ball too hard with a driver or fairway wood because I’m trying to hit it as far as possible. It’s nothing against the CG2. 

I find the CG2 pretty accurate with what I see on the course. If I had the money and space for a simulator, I wouldn’t hesitate to get a CG2. 

Ive seem good ball speed on different Callaway drivers, but I just hit the TM drivers with Twistface better. I find that it really helps on the course.  I also hit Cobra drivers well. Their face design works well with my misses as well. I tend to come out of my swing and catch it off the heel with a driver, especially when I’m trying to hit it too hard on a simulator, lol. 

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

6 hours ago, P1ngputts said:

I went into golf galaxy back in January, tested the sim 2 a sim 2 max, ended up making the purchase at the store. I have yet to hear anything regarding shipping and the order can't be located on my account because it was done as a special web order in store. Anyone else have the same issue and maybe an answer?

Do you have an order#? For whatever reason the GG tracking works on Chrome on my phone but not on desktop

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

Received my shipping notice from TM this morning. I was in the local shop and all they had in stock was (1) 12* & (1) 8* Sim2. Their tracking info indicated their order was delayed, not showing up until Monday. 

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X