2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

1 minute ago, Re*Ax said:

My head is weighing in at 190. Seems lighter than most, but SW feels super heavy, shaft is at 46.25", but still....very heavy on the waggle...

Mine was 196, is yours the max?  I cut mine down to 45" yesterday, which brought it to D3. I then added 4g of hotmelt and now I'm at D5. Can't wait to give it a whirl on the course

9 minutes ago, Re*Ax said:

My head is weighing in at 190. Seems lighter than most, but SW feels super heavy, shaft is at 46.25", but still....very heavy on the waggle...

That does seem on the lighter side, I ended up buying a tour issue head.  I wouldn't think the tour issue is heavier but I'm going to weigh it today when it arrives. 

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 Vokey F Grind 46* - 51* Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

11 minutes ago, Re*Ax said:

190 is very light. My 10.5* Sim2 same in at 197g. It may take them a bit, but I have bought weights from Billy Bob's Golf for every TM head since the OG M1. I'd imagine they'll have front weights and back weights available pretty soon. They are MUCH better quality than the junk on ebay. 

1 minute ago, hanbergb said:

That does seem on the lighter side, I ended up buying a tour issue head.  I wouldn't think the tour issue is heavier but I'm going to weigh it today when it arrives. 

I believe Tour Issue heads may be even lighter than stock to let them customize weighting with hot melt, but that could vary. 

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

2 minutes ago, hanbergb said:

9 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Mine was 196, is yours the max?  I cut mine down to 45" yesterday, which brought it to D3. I then added 4g of hotmelt and now I'm at D5. Can't wait to give it a whirl on the course

Mine is SIM not MAX. When I received it there was a tear in the plastic right where the sole weight is, makes me think it's been changed to try and alter SW based on the length. 

I have m4 head that is 194 and M5 Tour Issue head that is 192

....maybe my scales are off....

will take it to local proper club fitter for a full check over once we are allowed to do that too 

Other random feedback - the Headcover is really rather lovely....

• Like 2

Mine is SIM not MAX. When I received it there was a tear in the plastic right where the sole weight is, makes me think it's been changed to try and alter SW based on the length. 

I have m4 head that is 194 and M5 Tour Issue head that is 192

....maybe my scales are off....

will take it to local proper club fitter for a full check over once we are allowed to do that too 

Other random feedback - the Headcover is really rather lovely....

Ah ic, yeah if you ordered it that long, they likely swapped out the stock 16g weight for a lighter one. 

What's odd, TM chat is telling me the weight screws are not meant to be removed and they don't offer any weights for the driver or FW heads! 

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 Vokey F Grind 46* - 51* Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

19 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Ah ic, yeah if you ordered it that long, they likely swapped out the stock 16g weight for a lighter one. 

Yeah that was my first thought. Kinda regret ordering long - just wanted to try a longer shaft as have lots of 47.75, 45.5's and 45's in my stockpile but none longer. 

Do they say if they change them when customers order custom lengths?

The guy I chatted with claimed TM doesn't offer custom SW's and I noticed that when you custom order you can't select anything with SW.  How brutal is that! 

Do they say if they change them when customers order custom lengths?

They do - whatever you order, they will SW to D5 unless you note otherwise. I ordered +.75" long just in case they didn't tip, giving me room to do it myself. But I also called TM and asked them to note on the order that to keep the headweight as if it were 45.5" as I would be shortening it. They did as asked.

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

Just now, TheButteryCut said:

They do - whatever you order, they will SW to D5 unless you note otherwise. I ordered +.75" long just in case they didn't tip, giving me room to do it myself. But I also called TM and asked them to note on the order that to keep the headweight as if it were 45.5" as I would be shortening it. They did as asked.

Darn it.

Live and learn

Just now, Re*Ax said:

Darn it.

Live and learn

I learned myself the hard way with irons - order my 1/2" with a company that didn't adjust based on length. Irons came in at D8 since 1/2" accounts for about 3 SWs. Always been careful since then to note desired SW on orders just to make sure they account for everything at (my) final playing length. 

Titleist ProV1

3 minutes ago, TheButteryCut said:

I learned myself the hard way with irons - order my 1/2" with a company that didn't adjust based on length. Irons came in at D8 since 1/2" accounts for about 3 SWs. Always been careful since then to note desired SW on orders just to make sure they account for everything at (my) final playing length. 

TM adjusts weight to get close to what the stock spec is. Irons are a bit harder, not every OEM has "light" heads for overlength builds.

I can't imagine someone won't manufacture weights for these heads, why would they even put a screw on the weight if they're not meant to be adjusted? Just seemed odd that 2 different guys on the TM chat said they don't make them and that the weights weren't meant to be removed! Then you follow Chris Trott on IG and he's pulling weights off saying how important SW is and that is the reasoning for all the weights being adjustable! 

1 hour ago, Krt22 said:

That's exactly what I had done.  Are you copying me?  LOL.  So far I've had one range session and 4 rounds with my SIM 2.  I think I'm slowly starting to get used to it.  It has a flatter trajectory than what I'm used to but that's ok.  My launch angle used to be 14 to 15 degrees.  Now it's 11-12 degrees and that's where it should be with my ss and ball speed. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

5 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

That's exactly what I had done.  Are you copying me?  LOL.  So far I've had one range session and 4 rounds with my SIM 2.  I think I'm slowly starting to get used to it.  It has a flatter trajectory than what I'm used to but that's ok.  My launch angle used to be 14 to 15 degrees.  Now it's 11-12 degrees and that's where it should be with my ss and ball speed. 

Almost, slightly different setup. Mine is a 10.5 set to 9, AD VR 7X. It's actually launching higher than I expected (have the OG sim in 10.5 also), even for my miss which is low on the face. I almost want to order a 2nd one in 9*

5 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Almost, slightly different setup. Mine is a 10.5 set to 9, AD VR 7X. It's actually launching higher than I expected (have the OG sim in 10.5 also), even for my miss which is low on the face. I almost want to order a 2nd one in 9*

Makes 3 of us. 45.25" and 4-5 grams of hotmelt up to D4.5. Order 10.5 and turned down to 8.5. Ventus Blue 6x. I like seeing the open face so I can release hard without fear of left. 

Titleist ProV1

9 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Yeah the 9 degree might be a better option for you.  I found the VR to launch mid-high.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great shaft, but suited better for golfers who have a hard time getting the ball up in the air.  When I tested the VR last year, I loved the feel as with most of the more recent shafts in their line up.

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

3 minutes ago, TheButteryCut said:

Makes 3 of us. 45.25" and 4-5 grams of hotmelt up to D4.5. Order 10.5 and turned down to 8.5. Ventus Blue 6x. I like seeing the open face so I can release hard without fear of left. 

That is exactly what I set it up for, high flat fall off fades. Def seems more stable than the OG sim on bad shots that end up going left.

1 minute ago, phizzy30 said:

Yeah the 9 degree might be a better option for you.  I found the VR to launch mid-high.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great shaft, but suited better for golfers who have a hard time getting the ball up in the air.  When I tested the VR last year, I loved the feel as with most of the more recent shafts in their line up.

I will game it for a bit, I actually don't mind the height for now since I have been battling low on the face strikes that launch too low. I don't get along with most low low shafts with a soft handle, so the mid/mid shafts with a firmer butt section performer better. I do have a green synergy proto that is just across the board super stiff to try as well lol

11 hours ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

Can you share some insight on your process of exchange? did you send back to GG through Fedex/UPS or take it into a brick and mortar for a swap on site?

You have clear support for justification with the wrong head being delivered, where I'm just hoping to swap Sim2Max for Sim2 head based on seeing better numbers in a fitting after the fact (mine is still in the wrapper). I've heard others mention they did it before but I'm still not clear on best approach. Thanks.

GG offered to put in another order for me through TM, and I would send mine back to them.  But that would have taken at least 4 more weeks.  So, I traded with someone that wanted a Max.  They got the wrong head as well.  So, it worked out all right.   Just call GG and they will help you get it sorted.  It might take a day or two for them to get back with you.  Hope this helps

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

9 hours ago, ASN21 said:

Pretty funny to see some the listings and logic being explained 

I for one am gaming mine and it’s been such an improvement over the Tensei PO I had in my M5. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

8 hours ago, car1 said:

I have two new Sim2 heads. A 9* that I bought off the rack. Head weight is 195g. A 10.5* that I ordered from Taylormade 1.5” short. That head weighs 205g. Both have the 16g back weight. I want to swap the front weights. Do I need to heat that weight or will it just come out with the Torx bit? 

It has a little bit of blue loctite on the threads which doesn’t require heat to break free 

1 hour ago, TheSphynx said:

It has a little bit of blue loctite on the threads which doesn’t require heat to break free 

Ok thanks. Just wanted to be sure. I was able to remove the rear weight on my sim driver with no problem but tried to remove the sim2 front weight  and the torx bit snapped. I’ll have to invest in a better tool. 

Just a guess but I don't think the front weight was meant to be removed or replaced. I imagine the rear weight will have replacements soon 

Titleist ProV1