2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

On 3/14/2021 at 11:22 PM, hooperpsu said:

I just brought my OG Sim in for a warranty issue as well and was curious if they'll replace with an older head or the 2. Sounds like you got a 2??

I'm going to see if I can talk the shop into letting me take one off the floor since these wait times seem insane!!

You’ll get a 2. 

I reached out TM 2/24, they said they’d replace it with a 2, and was told I’d receive be 3/22. Sure enough today I see a tracking number in FedEx for a 3/22 delivery date. Sim2 Max D. 

First round of the year today. My sim is in for warranty and waiting on the sim2 replacement to arrive. 

Have a M4 tour issue head as a back up. If I continue to hit it like I did today the sim2 might not even make its way into the bag..

• Like 1

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I know much of the discussion is about the driver, but I'm interested to hear what others are seeing with the SIM2 Ti fairway. You would think the weight positioned furthed back would result in higher launch and spin. I understand many people aren't able to play, but there isn't much feedback about the fairways out there. I was hoping TXG would have done a video on it already.

My fairway wood looks to be the only club I am going to replace this year. Would love to hear if anyone hear has had some experience with it.

Edited by CKalma
  • Like 2

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

20 hours ago, norcaltrojan said:

If it makes you feel any better the same happened with mine but then it was sent 2 day (not sure if this is normal or was because i bugged the hell out of them) and arrived on the estimated date when the label was created. 

Looks like FedEx didn't pick it up until yesterday night, so it's going to be delivered on Monday 3/22, finally!

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

6 hours ago, CKalma said:

I know much of the discussion is about the driver, but I'm interested to hear what others are seeing with the SIM2 Ti fairway. You would think the weight positioned furthed back would result in higher launch and spin. I understand many people aren't able to play, but there isn't much feedback about the fairways out there. I was hoping TXG would have done a video on it already.

My fairway wood looks to be the only club I am going to replace this year. Would love to hear if anyone hear has had some experience with it.

My club got their demos in a few weeks ago and I got to tinker with them, so I'll give my breakdown.  I currently game the Sim TI 14* with an atmos black ts 7x.  For me, this has been the holy grail of fairways for me.  I can shape high, low, left, right and more importantly, the forward weight has really gotten my spin into a great window.

The head to head - Sim 2 LOOKS a lot better to my eye.  It is a more compact head shape which really suits my eye.  I do game the Sim2 driver so i also like the darker carbon look of the Sim2 fairway.  Performance wise, I found exactly what you expected.  The sim2 launched higher and spun more than my Sim with the atmos in it, which for me isn't ideal as a higher spin player but ball speeds were almost identical.  The Sim2 felt a bitter better than my Sim but numbers don't lie.

I think the Sim2 will appeal to more players that need the extra launch and spin over the original which is a real low/low bomber.

• Thanks 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

7 hours ago, CKalma said:

SIM2 3W & 5W. Taylormade finally got me my replacement club for the 5W that was damaged during assembly. Both have Ventus Black 7X in them and they are both an immense improvement over the M5's they are replaced. Great launch, penetrating ball flight that is easy to elevate off the turf. 3W nearly as long as my SIM2 driver off the tee. The 5W w/ Ventus combination is also spins much less than the M5 but that I feel is mostly due to the shaft. 

I also like the slightly larger heads and the fact they sit much flatter and have a better turf interaction than my old M5. Anytime I'd play in soft conditions the M5 was like a backhoe in the amount of turf it would collect in the weight area which drove me nuts.

• Thanks 2

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

23 minutes ago, hokiealumn said:

SIM2 3W & 5W. Taylormade finally got me my replacement club for the 5W that was damaged during assembly. Both have Ventus Black 7X in them and they are both an immense improvement over the M5's they are replaced. Great launch, penetrating ball flight that is easy to elevate off the turf. 3W nearly as long as my SIM2 driver off the tee. The 5W w/ Ventus combination is also spins much less than the M5 but that I feel is mostly due to the shaft. 

I also like the slightly larger heads and the fact they sit much flatter and have a better turf interaction than my old M5. Anytime I'd play in soft conditions the M5 was like a backhoe in the amount of turf it would collect in the weight area which drove me nuts.

I upgraded from an M5 3W to the SIM Ti 3W in November. MASSIVE upgrade! I felt like the M5 was very spinny and wasn't as hot as my old M1. The SIM Ti is a BEAST and is better off the deck (better in every way IMO). Hopefully, they kept the hotness with SIM2 Ti.

• Like 1

TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X

TM SIM 15 deg 3W with Project X Smoke Green S

TM SIM2 3H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM M3 4H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 

1 hour ago, ccash88 said:

Just wanted to give my update.  Ordered directly from Taylormade on Feb 15 with an upgraded shaft.  Finally received today.  I was also told it would be March 30 two weeks ago so maybe inventory is getting in quicker than they thought.  Quick question:  I assume the SIM1 adjustment chart is the same for SIM2?

If you are referring to the the hosel adjustments then yes. The hosel has not changed in years.

• Like 1

Titleist -ProV1X

10 hours ago, zdtallan said:

My club got their demos in a few weeks ago and I got to tinker with them, so I'll give my breakdown.  I currently game the Sim TI 14* with an atmos black ts 7x.  For me, this has been the holy grail of fairways for me.  I can shape high, low, left, right and more importantly, the forward weight has really gotten my spin into a great window.

The head to head - Sim 2 LOOKS a lot better to my eye.  It is a more compact head shape which really suits my eye.  I do game the Sim2 driver so i also like the darker carbon look of the Sim2 fairway.  Performance wise, I found exactly what you expected.  The sim2 launched higher and spun more than my Sim with the atmos in it, which for me isn't ideal as a higher spin player but ball speeds were almost identical.  The Sim2 felt a bitter better than my Sim but numbers don't lie.

I think the Sim2 will appeal to more players that need the extra launch and spin over the original which is a real low/low bomber.

8 hours ago, hokiealumn said:

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I hesitated with purchasing the SIM Ti fairway. I'm hoping to be able to demo the whole lineup when my knee is 100%.

• Like 2

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

I'm sure its in the 88 pages somewhere, but I can't find it. What is the "stock" head weight of the SIM2. I purchased it after doing a fitting with the Nemesys, which is very counterbalanced. My builder is going to build it and hotmelt it as needed, but just wondering how much weight is going to need to be added. If people are seeing 200-203g heads, it'll be fine, just a small amount of weight. if its 195 or so, that'll be quite a build..

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6x

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7x

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4i DG 120 X100

Callaway Apex CB 5i-PW DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54D/60S DG S300

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

1 hour ago, mxskier said:

I'm sure its in the 88 pages somewhere, but I can't find it. What is the "stock" head weight of the SIM2. I purchased it after doing a fitting with the Nemesys, which is very counterbalanced. My builder is going to build it and hotmelt it as needed, but just wondering how much weight is going to need to be added. If people are seeing 200-203g heads, it'll be fine, just a small amount of weight. if its 195 or so, that'll be quite a build..

mine was 196 with no adapter same as the sim 1 max head I had before.  

1 hour ago, mxskier said:

Mine came in -1/2” at 200g. I was thrilled they adjusted the head weight from TM.

Ended up playing 18 today with a demo 9* head and my AD-DI 7X shaft in the SIM2 and holy cow is that thing a major step up from the OG.

Feel was far more solid, ridiculously stable on a few out towards the toe. I wasn't able to hit any lower flighted ones into the wind but a few downwind were just flat beastly.

Really excited to get this set up and on a monitor to see some numbers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D | Stealth+ - 9* - Ventus TR Black - 7 (X)
3 | Rogue ST LS - 15* - Ventus Blue - 7 (X)

U | Srixon ZX - 18* - Modus 3 Hybrid (X)
I  | Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - Nippon Tour Proto (X)
W| Vokey SM8 - 50F/54M/58T - TT DG TI (S400)
P | Your guess is as good as mine!

Mine showed at 194. Threw in 5 grams of hotmelt. Was testing between the Ventus Blue 6X and Hzrdus Blue Smoke RDX 60TX with the head turned down to 9, both launching a little too high. Ventus felt a little hard off the face but flew. Hzrdus felt had a better feel but I think generated a little more spin and hung a little. For fun, I threw in the same Hzrdus but a 70TX today at 9*, and think I found my dancing partner. Medium launch and lower spin. Played few holes into the wind and just bore through it. But also have the ability to tee it up and get some height. About 50* here with some wind and getting about a 270 carry so hoping for a little more once it warms up. 

This was competing with my TSi3 and I think the Sim2 is going into the bag for good. TSi3 is a great driver and had fantastic results, but the Sim2 is a step ahead. 

Best part of this version for me is the forgiveness. Missed a couple high on the face and they still went. Really give the confidence to go after it and not be punished too much. PS - hotmelting this thing makes it sound amazing. I never really gave much attention to what my driver sounded like, but this thing has me looking forward to hitting it. 

• Like 2

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

On 3/19/2021 at 5:56 PM, mxskier said:

Mine came in at 202g and 45.25” club length.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

Maybe this is answered in the 88 pages but....has anyone see an increase in spin/launch/cog bias going with a heavier round screw weight in club head.  

TIA

WITB:

TaylorMade M6 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Red 6 stiff
TaylorMade SIM Rocket
TaylorMade SIM 5 wood
TaylorMade 2019 P790 4-P  KBS Tour 120 stiff SS1X
TaylorMade MG2 48* KBS Tour 120 stiff-MG2 54* and 58* KBS Hi-REV 2.0
PXG Gen2 Operator 38 inches
PING Heppler ZB3

On 3/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, CKalma said:

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I hesitated with purchasing the SIM Ti fairway. I'm hoping to be able to demo the whole lineup when my knee is 100%.

You won’t be disappointed. Honestly the head looks awesome in person. The colors all work so well together especially in the sun on the course. 

Titleist -ProV1X

Finally got mine delivered yesterday morning and got out to play 9 holes in the afternoon.  It is definitely a light head, feels much lighter than most drivers Ive had.  I have the Sim2 8* with the Smoke Green 60X shaft.  Fitter adjusted the hosel to 1 click lower so that puts it at 1.5* open and 7.25* loft.  Gotta say that its tough for me to hit a draw now due to the open face and shaft but now I can hit power fades with a low trajectory, spin and increased ball speed over my G400LST.  Carried a few 280 yards using my GPS and found a lot more fairways.  The colors of the head look great at address, plus the underside looks like it's a 3D effect with the carbon fiber underneath.

Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

On 3/19/2021 at 3:05 AM, CKalma said:

They are lower spinning fairways and they hit BOMBS!!

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

18 minutes ago, BobbyFray said:

Just got my second email about a delay to the shipping date.  First week of May now.  This wait will be the death of me.

Got one yesterday as well, first week of June for driver, and mid April for 5 wood. Ordered on 2/20. I’m going to call and see if it’s shaft related and see if I can just pick something that’s in stock. 

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

1 hour ago, BobbyFray said:

Just got my second email about a delay to the shipping date.  First week of May now.  This wait will be the death of me.

Jeez thats brutal!  I am shocked I got mine already when I was told early April only 10 days ago and then surprise, FedEx notification I had a shipment from TM.  It's like when I ordered my Mevo+ on 2/18 last year and got it May 22nd!!!

Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

1 hour ago, SC-TX 88 said:

Got one yesterday as well, first week of June for driver, and mid April for 5 wood. Ordered on 2/20. I’m going to call and see if it’s shaft related and see if I can just pick something that’s in stock. 

I called an spoke to a rep yesterday.  The issue for me was actually the head, and not the shaft/grip.  That's the part that's killing me. 9* Sim 2, btw.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, hooperpsu said:

Ended up playing 18 today with a demo 9* head and my AD-DI 7X shaft in the SIM2 and holy cow is that thing a major step up from the OG.

Feel was far more solid, ridiculously stable on a few out towards the toe. I wasn't able to hit any lower flighted ones into the wind but a few downwind were just flat beastly.

Really excited to get this set up and on a monitor to see some numbers!

I agree - it’s obviously not any longer, but I’m surprised more people aren’t impressed with how stable and point-and-shoot the new head is. 

• Like 2

TM SIM 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

TM SIM 14.25* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 510U 3i KBS Hybrid Prototype 95x
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6i, MP20 MMC 7-P Oban CT 115x 
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60* Modus 125 Wedge
TM Spider X Navy

5 hours ago, alwaysmooth said:

I put in my order on Monday, 9* Sim 2 w/ Diamana ZF 60X and GP tour wrap. Any ideas what kind of lead time I'll be looking at? Judging by the last few posts I'll be lucky to have this thing by mid may 🙁

May? Try July 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

54 minutes ago, aph2011 said:

I agree - it’s obviously not any longer, but I’m surprised more people aren’t impressed with how stable and point-and-shoot the new head is. 

Agreed, got mine out a couple times and that sums it up for me. It’s like SIM distance with SIM max forgiveness. I’m super thrilled with it.

• Like 2