• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want pics give this post a like.  

It would be awesome if going forwards the original forum on a club release was limited to discussion of testing results and specs of the club ordered by members, and a second forum was created for peo

Given that the average WRXer swings at 135mph with a 1.52 smash factor I would say their swings generate more heat than any carbon jet is capable of making. With that said Taylormade probably had to d

Posted Images

14 hours ago, COmedic said:

Agreed, got mine out a couple times and that sums it up for me. It’s like SIM distance with SIM max forgiveness. I’m super thrilled with it.

Yea same here, I've never been driving the ball as straight with my Sim2 than before.  I had a Ping G400LST and the Sim2 is to me, better in feel and forgiveness.  Maybe it's because I've recently gained club head speed and made some tweaks to my swing for the better but I'm extremely confident when I tee up the Sim 2

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

Got the old boy in last night and it feels pretty good initially. Still not in love with the shaft choice I made. Gonna swing er a bit later at the range. 
Quick question for you guys. The Torx but size for the weight at the bottom on the Sim 2, is that a size T20 like the same size on the back weight? 
My bottom weight is a smidge flush and I think it should go in a bit more but don’t wanna go nuts with it and make sure I have the right tool.

Just got a SIM2  Max 9.0 with a stiff Ventus shaft. Loving it so far. Ball speed is up. Spin is in the 2000's. Mid teens launch. I swing it about 90-95mph and this setup has me hitting it longer than my M5 stiff hazrdus. The fitter tweaked the setting so that it is upright and 9.75 degrees since my natural swing was over fading it. I played 18 holes on the simulator at Pebble and I averaged 232 off the tee. Usually i am around 215-220. I hit 14 out of 14 fairways. Hope this just isn't a honeymoon thing but so far so great with the SIM2 Max.

Got my Sim2 Max 9' with Ventus Black 6x out on the range yesterday. Really like the feel and sound. Performance was in line with expectations. The Black 6X (stock) tipped 1' is.... STOUT 

#1: Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond 9'- Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Ping G400 Stretch 13' - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* (TI) - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

Played the last two days with my Sim2 9* with Ventus black 6x. Previously played M5 with hazardus yellow 6.5. 

The shaft is a big improvement itself. But I had played 1 round 2 weeks ago with the hazardus in the Sim2 before seeing my fitter to get a shaft figured out.

Vs M5. Head felt more stable throughout. Was able to flight shots easier without getting spinny shots. Also toe misses flew farther. I had played same course 2 days prior so knew where to expect drives to go. Also played with friend who drives it same and games the Sim OG. Was pleasantly surprised on distance a few times on bad swings. 

Now with the Ventus black it’s even better. I like the feel and sound on it. Holds launch and spin better on bad swings. Shape seems identical to my M5 which I like.  Had a few slight toe balls that seemed to draw a few yards and be perfect instead of being 15 yd pushes that I’d get before. I think that is shaft a lot as well. 

Excited to see what I can do with it once I play in temps over 50 degrees and ground isn’t so soft. 

Played my first round today with sim2 with ventus black 6x. Sound and feel are night and day coming from the m3 with T1100 6.0. Really good flight and into the wind it was really good. Usually I struggle with at least one big pull hook a round but with this combo it felt stable enough where I didn’t need to worry about that miss. Very impressed with the first go around. Excited to see the performance when it warms up and dries out.

Played my first 2 rounds with my SIM2 Max 9.0 (tweaked to the 9.75 upright setting (2 degrees upright and 1.5 degrees closed). I shot 82 and hit 14/14 fairways on Saturday at Castle Hills from the Member tees (72.6/133) and then I hit 12/14 fairways Sunday en route to an 86 on a 75.2/141 7003 course. Both days my friends were commenting how much further I'm hitting it. One guy thought I was 30 yards better on several drives. This is coming from an M5, M2, R7, R1.....I'm a taylormade hoe but the new driver never seemed to make a difference. The M2 was my favorite but the SIM2 Max is different. I spent an hour getting fitted and this driver is paying early dividends for sure. 

TaylorMade says, "Reconstructed so that you can swing away". I found this to be true. I can swing as hard as I want and normally, in the past, when I swing harder I tended to pull hook it. This club is an anti-left club for me. The harder I swung the better the results. I still have trouble mentally accepting it. I'll keep swinging away and hopefully the consistency will be there. One of my missed fairways was hitting it right into the trees for a penalty on 16. The reason was because if you pull hook it then you are in the hazard on the other side so I swung tentatively and tried to 'control' the dispersion. Learned my lesson and swung away on 17(hazard on left) and 18 and finished up par par to win the Nassau. 

36 minutes ago, bcbrever said:

Just picked up my Sim2 with UST Lin-Q gunmetal 6 X.  Only able to hit in simulator today. Hoping to play this weekend.

Only other person that i have heard ordering Lin-q shaft!!  I got

the purple version (no clue on differences).   Just sounds like everyone orders a Hzrds shaft. 
  How are these Lin-q shafts? I have hit it at range a few times And do like it alot thus far. 

Am I in the minority thinking the Sim Max is way better than Sim2 Max?
Maybe it's early but I really don't like the Sim2 max.  The Sim was longer and more forgiving. 

Maybe it's the early season rust but I don't think so.

TITLEIST TSI3 10 TOUR AD DI6

TITLEIST TSI2 15 TOUR AD DI7

SRIXON ZX7 3-PW MODUS 120

ZIPCORE 52 56 60

BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE

2 hours ago, 3PuttLefty said:

Only other person that i have heard ordering Lin-q shaft!!  I got

the purple version (no clue on differences).   Just sounds like everyone orders a Hzrds shaft. 
  How are these Lin-q shafts? I have hit it at range a few times And do like it alot thus far. 

I love it so far... very stable and smooth.  2nd shaft choice was NV green which is one of my all time favorites.  Dispersion with Lin-q shaft was 7 yds during fitting vs 15 yds with NV.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, tigerfan23 said:

Maybe it's early but I really don't like the Sim2 max.  The Sim was longer and more forgiving. 

I hear everyone saying the standard Sim2 is very similar to the original Sim Max. Did you hit the standard or just order the max blind?

Edited by 1puttTUT

thank you @TaylorMade Golf for making SIM2 -- already a better driver than what you've come out with in the last few years. top notch -- gorgeous, awesome performing club. 

Edited by gioguy21
  • Like 1

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Diamana TB 70TX tipped 1.0"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

RTX Zipcore Black / 54, 60 / KBS Tour S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

I think im in the minority here, but I'm not falling in love with my sim2 yet. Previously games M1 and liked it, then M5 and was in love. I feel like the sim2 sometimes just falls out of the sky. I dont hit that high of a ball but the hang time just doesnt seem to be there. Its early and still cold in michigan, and this is the first new driver shaft ive had in years so maybe I just need to get used to it. 

17 hours ago, tigerfan23 said:

I'm getting considerably better ball speed numbers from the SIM2 MAX over the original SIM MAX. Maybe my original was a bit of a dud. I sold it and bought a few more shafts to try out. I find the feel and forgiveness very similar though. Maybe slightly better on the SIM2 MAX as the face is slightly larger than the original. 

21 hours ago, 1puttTUT said:

I hear everyone saying the standard Sim2 is very similar to the original Sim Max. Did you hit the standard or just order the max blind?

ordered it blind.

Probably early season rust will give it a few more rounds

• Like 1

TITLEIST TSI3 10 TOUR AD DI6

TITLEIST TSI2 15 TOUR AD DI7

SRIXON ZX7 3-PW MODUS 120

ZIPCORE 52 56 60

BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE

Sim2 5 wood on order through PGASS. When the order was placed I was given 4/15 date.

Is there a good way to track delivery without calling them ever few days?

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

1 hour ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

Sim2 5 wood on order through PGASS. When the order was placed I was given 4/15 date.

if there is, i haven't found it. the worst to order through is PGASS IMO...

• Like 1

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Diamana TB 70TX tipped 1.0"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

RTX Zipcore Black / 54, 60 / KBS Tour S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

2 hours ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

Good luck. I ordered my 5 wood on 2/20 from TM and expected delivery isn’t until end of April.  When I called about it in March the head was backordered. 

SIM2 10.5 (set to 9) W/Ventus Black 6X
SIM2 TI 3 w/Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX

SIM UDI 2 w/Nippon GOST TX
or SIM2 TI 5 w/Fuji Speeder 9.2 X
Callaway Apex TCB Raw 4-PW w/ TI X100
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

2 hours ago, SC-TX 88 said:

Good luck. I ordered my 5 wood on 2/20 from TM and expected delivery isn’t until end of April.  When I called about it in March the head was backordered. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but I'm not sure I'm tracking with you here... I just custom built a new Sim2Ti 5 wood on the TM site to check current lead times and estimated ship date is 4/27 if I ordered right now.

Maybe you have a shaft/grip combo that's on back order now? or maybe they got a shipment in of 5w heads the past few weeks to catch up with?

Orrr possibly their lead times are way off online and the 4/27 date they are currently showing doesn't meant anything... idk

Edited by Matty_ICE15

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in