2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

1 hour ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but I'm not sure I'm tracking with you here... I just custom built a new Sim2Ti 5 wood on the TM site to check current lead times and estimated ship date is 4/27 if I ordered right now.

Maybe you have a shaft/grip combo that's on back order now? or maybe they got a shipment in of 5w heads the past few weeks to catch up with?

Orrr possibly their lead times are way off online and the 4/27 date they are currently showing doesn't meant anything... idk

I hope for your sake they caught up. My 3 wood was built and shipped without their website ever updating its progress (still doesn’t say it was built even though I have it) so I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in their dates. 

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSI2 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

5 hours ago, SC-TX 88 said:

I hope for your sake they caught up. My 3 wood was built and shipped without their website ever updating its progress (still doesn’t say it was built even though I have it) so I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in their dates. 

so the golf gods must have been listening to me type through this thread...

I got home tonight around 530pm to a TM box at the house. Expected delivery was 4/15 and it showed up today 4/1. Ordered custom on 3/20 and delivered 9 business days later. Pretty awesome.

For the record, Sim2Ti 5 wood turned 2 clicks lower than standard with tensei av raw blue 75fw in (x) at factory length with Winn Dri-Tac medium grip. Must not have had any shortages of stock on my components to turn it that quick.

S/O to TM on knocking my build out of the park. 💪 

• Like 2

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

22 hours ago, ddherman said:

Has any tried changing up front weight screw to help reduce spin?

Also curious about this. Or if anyone knows where to purchase weights to change out? 

Taylormade Stealth 9 w/ Tensei White 1K 60TX

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 16.5 w/ Tensei White 1K 80TX

Callaway Apex UW 21 w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 90TX

Miura TC-201 4-PW w/ LAGP L-Series 
Artisan 50, 55, 60 w/ LAGP L-Series 

Evnroll ER11V

3 minutes ago, EHSGolf1 said:

Also curious about this. Or if anyone knows where to purchase weights to change out? 

I called Taylormade and right now they don’t have weight kits. You can find aftermarket stuff on eBay.  Only way to have authentic would be to find someone with a sim2 max and switch out as they have different back weights 16 in sim2 24 in sim2 max.  I believe the front screw is only 4grams in each.

59 minutes ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

so the golf gods must have been listening to me type through this thread...

I got home tonight around 530pm to a TM box at the house. Expected delivery was 4/15 and it showed up today 4/1. Ordered custom on 3/20 and delivered 9 business days later. Pretty awesome.

For the record, Sim2Ti 5 wood turned 2 clicks lower than standard with tensei av raw blue 75fw in (x) at factory length with Winn Dri-Tac medium grip. Must not have had any shortages of stock on my components to turn it that quick.

S/O to TM on knocking my build out of the park. 💪 

Literally 5 minutes after I wrote my reply I got an email that it mine had finally shipped.  Now just have to wait for the driver, hope they ship earlier than June. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSI2 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

8 hours ago, EHSGolf1 said:

Billy Bob’s online has both the front and back weights available. I trimmed my fuji velo black 6x 1/2+ inches so my swing weight was off. Bought the 12g round weight to swap with the factory 4g, which would add more weight to the head to get me back where I need to be SW wise.

ps - new weight came with the torx bit to remove/replace.

BB35FD17-964F-45E0-93B6-30CCC64F31FD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

gonna sound crazy -- went for 3w testing yesterday and ended up going with last years SiM Ti rocket 3w. I really wanted to leave with the SiM2 Ti; just couldn't justify the price difference when looking at them head to head. 

i think the previous gen SiM actually felt a bit better to me too.

• Like 4

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

7 hours ago, oregondrew said:

I ordered 3/22 and was quoted a ship date of 5/7 even with all of the components in stock. It showed up today to my pleasant surprise. Sim max for me. It got me in a good spin and launch window with very good forgiveness. Looking forward to getting it on the course.

Ordered on 2/20.  Hoping for a pleasant surprise soon......

• Like 1

Ordered my Sim2 Ti 3 wood on March 1st with expected ship date of 4/15 due to the head being back ordered. Product shipped yesterday and should arrive Monday. Very pumped. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

8 hours ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

Billy Bob’s online has both the front and back weights available. I trimmed my fuji velo black 6x 1/2+ inches so my swing weight was off. Bought the 12g round weight to swap with the factory 4g, which would add more weight to the head to get me back where I need to be SW wise.

Awesome! Thank you! Same thing happened to me, I'm playing the ventus a little shorter, and I have a midsize grip, so trying to get the swing weight back in order.  

Taylormade Stealth 9 w/ Tensei White 1K 60TX

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 16.5 w/ Tensei White 1K 80TX

Callaway Apex UW 21 w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 90TX

Miura TC-201 4-PW w/ LAGP L-Series 
Artisan 50, 55, 60 w/ LAGP L-Series 

Evnroll ER11V

4 hours ago, BDowning said:

Ordered my Sim2 Ti 3 wood on March 1st with expected ship date of 4/15 due to the head being back ordered. Product shipped yesterday and should arrive Monday. Very pumped. 

What shaft/grip/loft, if you don’t mind me asking? When I called I was told my head/shaft were both the issue for my delay.

Sorry to report that the Sim2 just isn't working for me. After working with the pro here on trackman to dial it in the Max head just spins too much.  I knew going in that this may happen but if anyone is interested in a Sim2 Max 9 head let me know! 

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

Curious if anyone ordered the Sim 2 Max D from TM at 45” playing length. If so, I have 2 questions:

1. What is your head weight?

2. What is your swing weight? (Include the weight of the shaft you are playing)

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Callaway Apex Pro - 7-AW, Recoil Dart 90

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5

Titleist ProV1

Vessel Player IV Pro

12 hours ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

You probably know this but, this will as far as i know make your head lower spinning and probably less forgiving.

On 4/2/2021 at 5:41 PM, wobgon said:

You probably know this but, this will as far as i know make your head lower spinning and probably less forgiving.

I figured there would be some performance differences that I’d have to live with, but didn’t know exactly what to expect from a #’s standpoint. Glad I made the change with the max head and didn’t swap to standard Sim2 head after first glance. We shall see what things look like after I get back on there monitor though...

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

On 4/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, BobbyFray said:

What shaft/grip/loft, if you don’t mind me asking? When I called I was told my head/shaft were both the issue for my delay.

Tensei AV Raw Blue 75X, MCC, 15*

• Thanks 1

Titleist Prov1x

I've some cursory searching, but forgive me for asking this, or think of it as an opportunity to display your intelligence. 

1) I've been playing a M1 440 head 9.5 (last year switched to tour version), and speeder 757x, for quite a while...5 years maybe? Weights all the way back, and one click towards the heel.

2) I recently decided tech has progressed far enough that I'm giving up significant performance, and purchased a ventus 7x blue, with the intent of putting a TSi3 head on it. 

3) As of yesterday, I gained access to a hefty discount on a made to order TM driver of my choosing. I was looking at a Sim2 (has to be currently available on the TM website), ventus 7x black, 9deg. 

Life has not afforded me the bandwidth to keep tabs on equipment over the last 5 years, but in my research it seems that the M1 440 head has a COG extremely forward and low, and the Sim 2, and more current drivers in general aim to move the weight farther back. This makes me wonder if I should be looking at an 8deg head instead of a 9. 

It appears that recent drivers have aggregated towards a high MOI head with low loft, and very tip stiff shafts, which I understand to be the opposite of my current setup. I like the looks of the smaller heads and have always played something around 420-440cc, but the shape of the TSi3 is finally to the point where it doesn't appear unwieldy to me.

I do not like the super high, bomb, ball flight. I frequently play in very heavy winds, and my preference is a flatter flight, with a lower launch window, and to get the golf ball on the ground. The M1 440 certainly affords that option, but is so unforgiving that my hope is with modern heads and the ventus I can overcome some ball flight preferences with quality of strike and stability.

Yes, I understand the best answer is to go get fitted for each, but that's easier said than done. I'm interested in any input you have. Might I hate it? Might I love the substantial increase in forgiveness? Should I stick with a TSi3/4 option based on my preferences?

Edited by tnord

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Mizuno MP4 3-P X100
SM7 50F 54M 58M S400
Bettinardi BB1
@protrajT

4 hours ago, tnord said:

I've some cursory searching, but forgive me for asking this, or think of it as an opportunity to display your intelligence. 

1) I've been playing a M1 440 head 9.5 (last year switched to tour version), and speeder 757x, for quite a while...5 years maybe? Weights all the way back, and one click towards the heel.

2) I recently decided tech has progressed far enough that I'm giving up significant performance, and purchased a ventus 7x blue, with the intent of putting a TSi3 head on it. 

3) As of yesterday, I gained access to a hefty discount on a made to order TM driver of my choosing. I was looking at a Sim2 (has to be currently available on the TM website), ventus 7x black, 9deg. 

Life has not afforded me the bandwidth to keep tabs on equipment over the last 5 years, but in my research it seems that the M1 440 head has a COG extremely forward and low, and the Sim 2, and more current drivers in general aim to move the weight farther back. This makes me wonder if I should be looking at an 8deg head instead of a 9. 

It appears that recent drivers have aggregated towards a high MOI head with low loft, and very tip stiff shafts, which I understand to be the opposite of my current setup. I like the looks of the smaller heads and have always played something around 420-440cc, but the shape of the TSi3 is finally to the point where it doesn't appear unwieldy to me.

I do not like the super high, bomb, ball flight. I frequently play in very heavy winds, and my preference is a flatter flight, with a lower launch window, and to get the golf ball on the ground. The M1 440 certainly affords that option, but is so unforgiving that my hope is with modern heads and the ventus I can overcome some ball flight preferences with quality of strike and stability.

Yes, I understand the best answer is to go get fitted for each, but that's easier said than done. I'm interested in any input you have. Might I hate it? Might I love the substantial increase in forgiveness? Should I stick with a TSi3/4 option based on my preferences?

If you like that style of head the tS4 sounds right up your alley. 

the sim and sim2 are no slouch either. Turn the loft down and you can get your preferred ballflight with way more forgiviness then the TS4 

• Like 1

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

15 minutes ago, Kale_m said:

If you like that style of head the tS4 sounds right up your alley. 

the sim and sim2 are no slouch either. Turn the loft down and you can get your preferred ballflight with way more forgiviness then the TS4 

the TS4/TSi4 was definitely the first thought, and is why I now have a ventus with a titleist tip on it. 

however....

I don't get to practice nearly as much as I used to, and I'm not the ball striker I used to be at the moment either. As much as I desire the smaller head that I've always played, it's probably wise for me to look at something more foregiving.

however, however....

I'm sure even the TS4/TSi4 are far more forgiving than my M1 440 is. 

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Mizuno MP4 3-P X100
SM7 50F 54M 58M S400
Bettinardi BB1
@protrajT

1 hour ago, larciel said:

Sim2 vs sim2 max ?

Ss 100

Try'em and see.

TaylorMade

• Qi10 Max 10.5° | Fujikura Speeder NX 50-R
  • Qi10 Max Fairway 5 | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 6-R
  • Stealth 2 Rescue 5 | Fujikura Ventus TR Red HB 6-R
  • Qi 6-A | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6-R

Maltby

• TSW 54/10, 58/6 | Score LT R

Scotty Cameron

• Super Select Newport

I am having a hard time getting the spin down with my SIM2. On trackman I am only getting the calculated spinrates and I know they aren't the best to look at, but they are saying 2800-3300 spin for me. Ballspeed around 165 on my stock shot, but have gotten it up to 175+ but my aoa then becomes flat and low launch, and spin seems to be pretty high, so not getting the length I want. 

The ball flight outside tells the same story as trackman calculates inside, the ball ballon on me. So the spin is way to much. Did not have this issue with tsi2 and that's a more forgiving model. 

My SIM2 head weight 200g and the tps weight is about 7g. I can't go to a higher tps weight cause of SW. And go lighter would theoretically bring spin up right? I have tried the speeder 757s and smoke green 70x (stock shafts). 

Do I need another shaft or just quit on this head? Launch atm is 10-11 degree. And I have played around with having my 10.5 head in standard and bringing it down to 8.5. 

Would appreciate some input.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ted85 said:

I am having a hard time getting the spin down with my SIM2. On trackman I am only getting the calculated spinrates and I know they aren't the best to look at, but they are saying 2800-3300 spin for me. Ballspeed around 165 on my stock shot, but have gotten it up to 175+ but my aoa then becomes flat and low launch, and spin seems to be pretty high, so not getting the length I want. 

The ball flight outside tells the same story as trackman calculates inside, the ball ballon on me. So the spin is way to much. Did not have this issue with tsi2 and that's a more forgiving model. 

My SIM2 head weight 200g and the tps weight is about 7g. I can't go to a higher tps weight cause of SW. And go lighter would theoretically bring spin up right? I have tried the speeder 757s and smoke green 70x (stock shafts). 

Do I need another shaft or just quit on this head? Launch atm is 10-11 degree. And I have played around with having my 10.5 head in standard and bringing it down to 8.5. 

Would appreciate some input.

I had very similar issues with both the Sim2 and the Sim2 Max. Tried 8,9,10' heads turned down and up with a number of low/mid shafts and wasn't able to get the same efficiency that I was getting from other 2021 heads. Our head pro is a big TM guy and he said that I should 100% go in a different direction

• Thanks 1

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

On 4/2/2021 at 12:49 PM, BDowning said:

Spoke to soon. FDX shows last scan taking place on Friday, still in Ontario, CA. What a joke. 

Titleist Prov1x

17 hours ago, cliche said:

does someone knows custom order delivery times for sim2 drivers for europe?

From Copenhagen here - ordered my SIM2 Max 10.5 in the main retail shop here with the Kuro Kage shaft in mid march..and I had it 10 days later 🙂

• Thanks 1

My bag
TM SIM2 Max driver, G425 Max woods, Titleist 818 hybrid, Srixon Z565 irons, Vokey SM7 wedges, Yes Tracy III putter