What do you think of Sergio Garcia's Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M CO-AXIAL “Ultra Light”?

I know there are a bunch of watch guys on the forum and maybe some of you haven't seen the article I do every week covering what the winner on tour is wearing. Wondered what you guys think of this one? I think it is a cool concept showing that a mechanical watch can be worn during a round of golf, usually the golf swing is a death sentence to them! At only 55g, this Seamaster only weighs a couple strips of lead tape more than a golf ball. Sergio wore it all week while playing during the tournament and it looks like watches are becoming more accepted on tour. We have now seen Rory and Sergio join the watch wearing guys, Bubba and Phil.

Personally I think it is a pretty simple design made out of cool materials. I also love that the rubber strap has a texture that is similar to a Golf Pride Tour Velvet. The telescoping crown is also pretty cool from a golfers perspective, stays out of the way if your do wear a watch and shouldn't get hung up on your glove!

http://www.golfwrx.com/636302/wotw-sergio-garcias-omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-co-axial-ultra-light

And I know your $20 Timex keeps better time, but what do you think of this watch?

1091800413_wotwsergio.png.034eca6f82e0d9583e112093b3e0b352.png

1564220984_wotwsergiozoom.png.1e5b2679db71cce57826f89ff4956b4b.png

954895263_omegaseamasterultralight.png.2159bafe245106690a7eca43e2b8b6dc.png

257263974_omegaseamasterultralightback.png.bcd278e25c7451ed450ea23f0f8d3191.png

547359248_omegaseamasterultralightmovement.png.bc17a68522bb37a6b81e5d3158b5c276.png

Edited by knudson81

1785212142_CJPSignatureV2.png.8a958a3abbd6c7ef38ba6ca84d08fb97.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am about $999,999 short of being a millionaire but I absolutely love the engineering, thought, materials, and design that go into these watches. Overall I think Omega offers a great value, some real

WRONG.  Almost, and I say almost, all people that wear expensive watches are not wearing them to impress.  They know that most people don't appreciate or even recognize a nice timepiece.  They are wea

Story of Jack Nicklaus watch, one he received in 1966 and wore for more than 50 years.    

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

Is Sergio getting paid by Omega to wear the watch while he plays tournament golf ?

That is an interesting question, I don't know. Rory was wearing the same watch earlier this year as well, maybe some incentive to wear it over the normal sponsorship money?

It is always nice to read you articles about the watches players show off. 

What i find more interesting is seeing what they actually wear off the course/winning seremony.

Omega has an increasing brand popularity as they are really trying to up their brand awareness amongst their followers, and in doing so they increase their mrps to up the value of their portfolio. 

i know many of the players are watch guys and i wish they would show off which models they actually like instead off what the sponsors arrange, but thats just my opinion...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, miamistomp said:

I think it is an incredible waste of money

A vanity for millionaires

WRONG.  Almost, and I say almost, all people that wear expensive watches are not wearing them to impress.  They know that most people don't appreciate or even recognize a nice timepiece.  They are wearing it because THEY appreciate it and enjoy it.  I get the utmost satisfaction out of wearing my nice timepieces, but only sometimes wear them of my house.  If you see me running around, I probably have my Garmin on my wrist.  I couldn't care less if anyone knows what kin d of watch I wear.

Sergio is paid to be seen in that watch.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, knudson81 said:

That is an interesting question, I don't know. Rory was wearing the same watch earlier this year as well, maybe some incentive to wear it over the normal sponsorship money?

My best guess is that any Tour pro wearing a watch while playing golf is getting paid to do so. I can't imagine any other reason why a player would do it.

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

27 minutes ago, tippethor said:

It is always nice to read you articles about the watches players show off. 

What i find more interesting is seeing what they actually wear off the course/winning seremony.

Omega has an increasing brand popularity as they are really trying to up their brand awareness amongst their followers, and in doing so they increase their mrps to up the value of their portfolio. 

i know many of the players are watch guys and i wish they would show off which models they actually like instead off what the sponsors arrange, but thats just my opinion...

Thank you for taking the time to read it every week!

14 hours ago, Kgglonghorn said:

WRONG.  Almost, and I say almost, all people that wear expensive watches are not wearing them to impress.  They know that most people don't appreciate or even recognize a nice timepiece.  They are wearing it because THEY appreciate it and enjoy it.  I get the utmost satisfaction out of wearing my nice timepieces, but only sometimes wear them of my house.  If you see me running around, I probably have my Garmin on my wrist.  I couldn't care less if anyone knows what kin d of watch I wear.

Sergio is paid to be seen in that watch.

I 100% agree that most people who have the means to purchase watches like this are wearing them because of the love they have for the piece. It is more a love for the mechanics, style, or brand and not to show off to those of us who cannot afford them. If I had the means I would have a large collection of watches and none of it would be based on the price.

Not my bag baby

I like 'em big, I like 'em chunky

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w Blueboard ion 73x G400 7w GD PM902s

Callaway Apex 4h 23* KK Slvr 80x Apex 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M, & Vokey Special 60*P

Scotty GoLo 7

14 minutes ago, bigred90gt said:

I'm not sure that a $50,000 watch does anything different or better than a $50 watch. It is nothing but a status symbol in my opinion. I would like to believe that even if I did have millions of dollars, I would still have better sense than to spend that much money on a watch.

I own watches that I bought within the past 5 years that I could sell for double what I paid.  Not too shabby if you ask me.

31 minutes ago, bigred90gt said:

I'm not sure that a $50,000 watch does anything different or better than a $50 watch. It is nothing but a status symbol in my opinion. I would like to believe that even if I did have millions of dollars, I would still have better sense than to spend that much money on a watch.

My sub-$100 Casio G-SHOCK (solar; quartz) most certainly keeps time and date more accurately - in addition to having much greater functionality and durability (in certain respects) - than my certified chronometers, however, it also doesn't have the same character, engineering, tradition, or horological aspects to it.  While I understand your position, it is not one I share.  Many people likely have similar views about what we spend on hitting a white ball towards a small hole while outdoors, though I would disagree with them on that topic as well.  Further, on the point of wrist pieces being a status symbol: while perhaps to an extent within certain circles, I also feel that many wouldn't really recognize or know the difference between seeing an Invicta Pro Diver or a Rolex Submariner on one's wrist, unless they looked closely and/or were into haute horology.  As such, and unless one goes around exclaiming a watch's cost, it would seemingly only be a status symbol to those in the know/those who care.  I don't surmise a watch as a status symbol to have extraordinary universality, as opposed to, say, owning/driving a new Ferrari or Lamborghini may.

Edited by johngalt312
24 minutes ago, j.b.newton said:

So where does Bubba's Richard Mille fit in this discussion if people are bashing a brand ambassador for wearing a new release of Omega?

I am thinking I will do a post after every week where we can talk about the watch, hopefully Bubba wins soon! Personally, I am a big fan of Richard Mille designs!

Not specifically the watch, but my curiosity of whether the people talking negative about Sergio wearing a product for which he is a brand ambassador say the same thing about Bubba (Mille), Phil (Rolex), Rafa Nadal (Mille), etc....   I appreciate the watches and craftsmanship, even if they are not my specific cup of tea.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, farmer said:

Learned something new here.  Googled Mille watches, had no idea watches could cost that much.  If Sergio ruins that watch, Omega will just give him another.

You are right, but part of Sergio and Rory wearing these during play proves how durable they are for anyone thinking of buying one.