Stroke Lab- Like or dislike

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried a couple of stroke lab putters and I didn't get along with either of them.  Distance control was an issue for me.

Love my Marxman EXO.

I like my Las Vegas H7 a lot. The only thing I have noticed about the stroke lab part is distance control. Definitely need to put harder than my other putters. It is so much smoother, but the extra li

Really like mine. I haven't had enough putters or done enough experimenting to know the why, but it feels and putts smooth for me. I'm a fan. 

Ping G410LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Titleist 818H1, 21 (set to 20), Tensei White Pro 90, S

Ping i210, 4-P (retro spec), DG 120 X

Ping Glide 2.0, 52 SS (bent to 51), 56 SS (bent to 55)

Callaway Jaws MD5, 60.8

Odyssey Triple Track 10 S, 34" / Odyssey SL1, 33.5"

Z Star XV

Absolutely love mine, feel and pace for me are really good with this setup in my Toulon Las Vegas. I honestly have never pitted better with anything, not to say other putters don’t work as well. This just seems to be point and shoot for me. I am not sure what others don’t like about it, but it certainly is polarizing... that’s why they make other brands though!

21 hours ago, islesmb said:

I tried a couple of stroke lab putters and I didn't get along with either of them.  Distance control was an issue for me.

100% agree with this... I tried a Las Vegas, Portland, and Chicago over the past 18 months. Never could get the feel for them outside of 10 feet. Lag putts were absolutely terrible

• Thanks 1

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx

PXG Proto 0341 3w 15*.... VA Nemesys 75x 

PXG Proto 0317 19* hybrid.... Nippon G.O.S.T 100x / VA Nemesys 90x 

New Level PF-1 Black 4-P ... Accra iSteel 125

Vokey SM8 50* F, 54* D, 58* M... KBS Tour V 125 wedge

TM Spider FCG or 2021 Scotty Phantom x5.5

1 hour ago, JDennis said:

I like my Las Vegas H7 a lot. The only thing I have noticed about the stroke lab part is distance control. Definitely need to put harder than my other putters. It is so much smoother, but the extra little bit of umph to get it to hole is very very noticable. 

didnt see this earlier before posting but I had the same issue and its why I returned / used the 60 playability at PGA Store. I had to make some aggressive strokes to get the ball to the hole and it still usually ended up well short

• Like 1

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx

PXG Proto 0341 3w 15*.... VA Nemesys 75x 

PXG Proto 0317 19* hybrid.... Nippon G.O.S.T 100x / VA Nemesys 90x 

New Level PF-1 Black 4-P ... Accra iSteel 125

Vokey SM8 50* F, 54* D, 58* M... KBS Tour V 125 wedge

TM Spider FCG or 2021 Scotty Phantom x5.5

I don't like it personally.  I tried the Stroke Lab on the Toulon putters before ordering my Las Vegas, and I could never get used to it.  Just something about it felt weird.  I ordered my Las Vegas with the standard steel putter shaft, and really like it.  

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- Attas Elements Earth 7f4 or Diamana Whiteboard 70s

Fairway: Cobra Radspeed Tour 5w turned down to 16.5* (Shaft TBD, but Motore F1 is solid)

Hybrids: 19* Adams Super Hybrid LS XTD Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 Stiff, 23* Adams Pro DGS300
Irons:  21* Wilson Staff Utility Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 stiff, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro:  All shafted with Modus 125s
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with Modus 125 Wedge shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*. 

Putter: White Hot OG 7s or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

I had an Atlanta H7 for a few weeks. Loved the tempo, but really struggled with longer puts, like others here have mentioned.

Combined with what I felt was too heavy of a head at 365g, well it went back to the shop.

I also have a Rossie Flow SL Black, supposedly same headweight, but it feels lighter for some reason. I'll experiment with that since it came from CPO at a great price.

The SL sure helps with tempo, it's evident on video and from other's observation. Not sure if it's for me, though.

Ping G400 10.5 (9.5*) HZRDUS Yellow Smoke 60 5.5
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R  
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 54/14
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 58/12

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0 crescent neck @ 33”

TM Tour Response/ ProV1/ Chrome Soft TT

On 10/8/2020 at 10:11 AM, jah7838 said:

I don't like it personally.  I tried the Stroke Lab on the Toulon putters before ordering my Las Vegas, and I could never get used to it.  Just something about it felt weird.  I ordered my Las Vegas with the standard steel putter shaft, and really like it.  

How does it feel without the stroke lab? Love the soft feel, but distance control was not great for me. Still soft-ish with a regular shaft?

8 minutes ago, ephmen said:

How does it feel without the stroke lab? Love the soft feel, but distance control was not great for me. Still soft-ish with a regular shaft?

I have a non SL Madison and it feels great. The Toulon milling design is very good on stainless.

For comparison, I have played Bettinardi's FIT face on carbon and that can be a bit too soft feeling.

The Toulon Stainless feel pretty good.

Ping G400 10.5 (9.5*) HZRDUS Yellow Smoke 60 5.5
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R  
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 54/14
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 58/12

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0 crescent neck @ 33”

TM Tour Response/ ProV1/ Chrome Soft TT

11 minutes ago, ephmen said:

I think it still feels soft.  My other putter that is currently in the closet is my Kingston KP1 Carbon putter, and it feels just as soft as that to me.  I'm just more consistent on short putts with the Las Vegas.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- Attas Elements Earth 7f4 or Diamana Whiteboard 70s

Fairway: Cobra Radspeed Tour 5w turned down to 16.5* (Shaft TBD, but Motore F1 is solid)

Hybrids: 19* Adams Super Hybrid LS XTD Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 Stiff, 23* Adams Pro DGS300
Irons:  21* Wilson Staff Utility Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 stiff, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro:  All shafted with Modus 125s
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with Modus 125 Wedge shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*. 

Putter: White Hot OG 7s or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

The few I’ve putted with feel too dead to me.  I’ve putted with blades my whole life and even the 1 felt like it had zero pop.   The stability fit the bill for me on quintic and on the course. 

Edited by Phabs

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

First time I used it, I didn't like it.  I felt I had to hit it harder to get it there on the longer putts.  

When Covid hit, I practiced a bunch with it.  I got a better feel for it and now really like it.  (Triple track X).  

I sometimes prefer my Vegas (non SL) on slower greens though, as I feel it rebounds quicker than the insert on the TT.

Callaway Epic Speed Max LS w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood with Aldila Rogue Silver 60 or Callaway Epic Flash 5-wood with Evenflow green or Callaway Epic Speed 4-wood with Aldila Rogue
Callaway X2 Hot 3 hybrid with Aldila Tour Green
Cobra F6 4-5 hybrid with Matrix Red Tie
Callaway Apex 21  6-AW irons with Nippon Modus 105
Callaway MD Forged 52 with Nippon 990 shaft
 Callaway Jaws MD5 with Nippon Modus 105
Callaway MD4 60 with Nippon Modus 105
Odyssey Triple Track X or Toulon Las Vegas

just read this thread and I echo the distance control comments-I've had a 2 ball white hot for years (always been a Pelz disciple) but started missing too many right, so after learning more about my stroke and realizing I had a tendency to start the backswing on an outside path, I decided to purchase the 2 ball fang S with some toe hang, and purchased it with the stroke lab. Inside 15 feet I have made more putts because I've started them better online, however, I have make such a longer backswing to cover the same distance as my old putter. I've had more 3 putts unfortunately as I was really dialed in distance wise with the feel of my old gamer. I thought about putting some lead tape on the bottom but i figured that defeats the tech of the stroke lab but hey it aint working.

I really like my H7 Las Vegas Toulon with the SL shaft. Distance control has been excellent for me. But I have been focusing a lot on striking the putt well and making my stroke smother this past year. It's been the best putter I have ever had(And I have went through many)

Ping Hoofer:

TSi3 9˚ AV RAW White 65S

ST200 3W Diamana D+ 70S

X2Hot 3H/U-45 DI 20˚

U-45 DI 23˚

Z-745 5-PW DG S300

RTX-4 50M/56F/60L S400

(GP BCT 58R)

Toulon Las Vegas H7 - Lamkin Deep Etch

I didn't really like it at first, but I stuck with it, and now I like it. I've had several rounds with five birdies, and last week playing poorly overall, I had one with three birdies, and one with two birdies. I might be the design of the putter, it might be the shaft, or it probably is the combination of the two.

I've had good results with my SL Odyssey No. 1 this year - switched from an Evnroll No. 7.  

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Callaway XR 3+ wood Project X Hzrdus Handcrafted 6.0 LZ
Callaway XR 5 wood Project X Hzrdus Handcrafted 6.0 LZ
Taylormade GAPR 3 Mid KBS 80 S
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Odyssey Stroke Lab #1 33"

I've noticed no noticeable difference in these shafts and I don't feel like it helps me make a better stroke..or make any more putts. Compared to low end quality putters...maybe, but if you're comparing it to a scotty, bettinardi, evnroll, SIK, it doesn't matter at all IMO. Whatever works for you, you may have a less than stellar stroke and if it helps you with a more consistent stroke, go with it!

The shaft's weight distribution makes the swingweight of the putter very light, which is probably why some folks find the feel to be odd. I can't remember what my SL #3 came out to, but it was something in the "C" range. I actually liked the weight but had trouble with the insert - the original Stroke Lab insert felt very mushy to me. Obviously this wouldn't be as much of a problem with the Toulon range and I understand that the Triple Track and "Black" SL range have a harder insert.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5 deg

Callaway Mavrik 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

I am impressed with mine.  I tinkered with previous Odyssey versions of the 7 putter, but never bought one before.  I purchased a 34 inch 7s from Callaway Pre-owned a few months ago.  It's my first non-blade putter in years.  I agree the putter feels soft and in the beginning I did have distance issues with longer putts.  After committing to it for a couple of months, I am really comfortable with it.  I am more confident with putts inside 5 to 10 feet than with my previous putter.   I haven't had issues with distance control recently.  If anything, I am aware of the distance control issue and it forces me to focus on making a confident stroke and solid contact.  I plan on keeping it in the bag for a while.  

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 9.0 Aldila Rogue 130msi 70X

Cobra F7 Diamana Blueboard 80X

Callaway RAZR X Tour 18 degree GD AD-DI -95 HYB X-Stiff

Callaway RAZR X Tour 21 degree GD AD-DI -95 HYB X-Stiff

Mizuno MP-64 4-PW DG S400

Fourteen 53 and 59 wedges

Byron Morgan DH89 34 inches