I'm a 1 handicap that plays about once a week.   I had played Ping i10's for years but got into a rut this year.  On a whim, i put my old Eye2 + no + irons with zz lite shafts back into play.   Maybe it was just the change that did it, but my game rebounded back. There is something about the head shape that just suits.   Anyway, I would like to get the benefit of some more modern technology.   I picked up a G410 iron and found the head shape eariley similar to my eye2's.  It got me thinking that these could be a good fit for me.  I'd like to try and mimic the same setup I have now.  Looking at shafts, it appears the DG 120 might be the right pick.   I'm looking for some feedback, especially from better players that have put these in play.   Do you like them?  Are they workable?  Can they be too hot?   One of the welcome things about going back to the eye2's was my distance control became more precise. 

I appreciate any feedback. 

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 910 D3 8.5*
3-wood: TM M2 3HL
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue TP 19*, Adams Super 9031 23*
Irons: Ping i20 5-U
Wedges: Titleist SM5 54* M grind, SM4 62*
Putter: Odyssey Milled collection RSx #7[/font][/size][/color]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My G410 bat signal went off!!!   I am actually a 1.2 right now but usually play to scratch in mid-summer given the northeast climate. Beginning and end of season scoring is a little more cha

I've bagged most of the current Ping lineup, including g410, i210, i500, and currently Blueprints. Besides the BPs, the 410s were my favorite by far. 210s seemed very dead and muted to me, and the i50

Having played the G410's and now the i210, I'd say try the i210 instead.  I found the distances on the G410 inconsistent whereas the i210 is very consistent.  

DRIVER - PING G410 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G410 3W

HYBRIDS - PING G410 3H

IRONS - PING i210 4-PW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 3.0 50, 54 & 58

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2

I've bagged most of the current Ping lineup, including g410, i210, i500, and currently Blueprints. Besides the BPs, the 410s were my favorite by far. 210s seemed very dead and muted to me, and the i500s were wildly inconsistent. 

By comparison, I found the g410s to have a lovely feel and sound, with easy, consistent distances. One of my favorite sets, and I've played a TON of different irons. 

Im currently hovering around a 2hdcp. If I were to ever go back to GI clubs (which I tend to rather frequently), I will ALWAYS start with the G series. Just love them, and the 410s are probably my favorite along with the 25s. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Golf64 said:

Ask MtlJeff. He is a scratch and plays G410s. KJ Choi used to play them, just switched to BPs.

My G410 bat signal went off!!!

I am actually a 1.2 right now but usually play to scratch in mid-summer given the northeast climate. Beginning and end of season scoring is a little more challenging

I love the G410's, i've used them for 2 seasons now and i've never really regretted getting them. They are definitely a cast GI in that they feel firm and clicky, one might also call them a bit "harsh". That being said you get used to it fast if the ball goes where you want it to go. I came from 2016 Apex Pros and those definitely had a more appealing sound/feel

But man the G410's are easy to hit. My course requires many 200yd shots due to doglegs and par 3's and that part of my game is significantly better. I really dont stress at all , even in competitions hitting like a 4 iron. Even as a low index hitting a 210yd shot with trouble in play was always a little stressful....way less so now. They just launch high and are forgiving

The shorter irons are fine. I mean i could play a blade 8 iron and it wouldn't cost me anything. It's easy to hit a 8 iron as a low index. But i don't feel i lose anything with the G's. I even got the GW and SW and have those pretty dialed in (wouldn't recommend them for chipping....that's why i have my vokey)

So yeah. Very easy to hit. Don't really cost you much. Workability? I played a draw with my Apex Pros and i play the same draw with the Pings. 

Put some lead tape in the cavity and they actually look cool too

• Like 3

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic SubZero 13 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

Deschamps Blade 375g

How are knock down shots?  Do you find they go nuclear at all?  That was my biggest issue with the i10s.   

What shafts do you have?

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 910 D3 8.5*

1 hour ago, Longshanks1999 said:

How are knock down shots?  Do you find they go nuclear at all?  That was my biggest issue with the i10s.   

What shafts do you have?

I have S300s in my 410s.  I dont find it too big a deal to hit knockdown. Loft for loft these will be higher launching than players clubs but I haven't had huge problems.  They also spin less loft for loft so I find they cut through the wind ok. 

I played yesterday in 70-90km gusts and hit a few of them lol. 

I dont feel there are too many shots I "can't " hit in some way , shape or form 

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic SubZero 13 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

Deschamps Blade 375g

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it. 

21 hours ago, Longshanks1999 said:

What shafts do you have?

I didn't have any issues with knock downs, although I should note that I was playing a weaker shaft than I usually play. That was actually one of the cool things about the G410s. The faces were "hot," so you didn't have to swing hard for them to go a long way, but they were also really consistent so they put out what you out in. In other words, since the shaft was easy to load, I didn't have to hit every shot hard. Easy distance, but a lot of versatility. I moved on from the 410s into the Blueprints,  it stayed with the weaker shaft for this reason. It's transformed my iron play.