Reverse Pivot on the uphill lie help

Title says it all - no matter how much I practice the move and take a few swings before hitting the ball - when I actually make the swing - I always hang back and scoop or fat on this dreaded uphill lie! Drives me nuts. How do you even practice this off the course???  Sometimes it happens with a steep sidehill lie as well - though not as often. What are the drills? 

Edited by David69
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the uphill lie is the easiest to overcome.    First take more club. The lie is going to add loft. You also dont want to be swinging at your max as that will make you unbalanced. So g

Yes. This is a decent picture. You want to swing with the slope and not dead into it, so your shoulder line matches the slope. Again, the ball is more forward than usual. Preset more weight on the bac

Posted Images

I think the uphill lie is the easiest to overcome. 

First take more club. The lie is going to add loft. You also dont want to be swinging at your max as that will make you unbalanced. So grab at least one extra club, sometimes 2, and go for an 80% swing. Ball is slightly forward. You want to match the tilt in your shoulders to that of the slope, to make it play flatter than it is and you will be less likely to catch it fat. For me, I like to keep my weight back on my trail foot. Gravity is going to pull you downhill eventually. So preset the weight there and stay in balance. You have enough club where this doesnt need to be a big weight shift, big muscle, energy swing. 

• Like 1

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

50 Cleveland RTX 4

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

Yes. This is a decent picture. You want to swing with the slope and not dead into it, so your shoulder line matches the slope. Again, the ball is more forward than usual. Preset more weight on the back foot so that you are more stable. And its okay to keep the weight there. Gravity wants to pull you onto the back foot so dont fight it. And see how loft is added from the lie? If you normal 150 yard shot is a 36 degree 8 iron, the slope increases the loft, and your 8 iron is playing more like 40 degrees, or more like your 9 iron. So instead take your 160 club to hit it 150 from this uphill lie.  

image.png.44939330945f6530285f93e165c0ed53.png

• Like 1

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

50 Cleveland RTX 4

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3