Matthew Fitzpatrick whines about BDC...

manku

Might be the softest crybaby comments yet on BAD. A complete participation trophy entitled take. Sounds like something a clout farming publicist might have told him to say. Fitzpatrick not giving BAD any credit for having the massive grapefruits to abandon the methods of his well above average tour performance and financial safety net that created prior to the weight and speed gains. BAD was literally playing how Fitzpatrick thinks the game should be "played". People seem to forget this guy was a top performer at every level of high level golf prior to any of the speed gains. Even Chris Como had to question whether or not this was smart and make sure they had notes on how to unwind things and get back to the old swing if things went wrong. Golf is literally the only sport where this exists. Never hear anyone in the NFL claiming Lamar Jackson making a "mockery" of the quarterback position because he has world class rushing and scrambling abilities and conventional wisdom says that the "skill" of being a quarterback is "accurate" drop back passing. 

• Like 1

“It’s not a skill to hit the ball a long way in my opinion,” Fitzpatrick told reporters. “I could put on 40 pounds. I could go and see a bio-mechanist and I could gain 40 yards; that’s actually a fact.

“I could put another two inches on my driver..... "

Then do it Matt. Put up or shut up. It takes a lot of work to add that much mass and still maintain your entire game enough to play at that level.  I'd say with certainty that he COULDN'T do it. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Might be the softest crybaby comments yet on BAD. A complete participation trophy entitled take. Sounds like something a clout farming publicist might have told him to say. Fitzpatrick not giving BAD any credit for having the massive grapefruits to abandon the methods of his well above average tour performance and financial safety net that created prior to the weight and speed gains. BAD was literally playing how Fitzpatrick thinks the game should be "played". People seem to forget this guy was a top performer at every level of high level golf prior to any of the speed gains. Even Chris Como had to question whether or not this was smart and make sure they had notes on how to unwind things and get back to the old swing if things went wrong. Golf is literally the only sport where this exists. Never hear anyone in the NFL claiming Lamar Jackson making a "mockery" of the quarterback position because he has world class rushing and scrambling abilities and conventional wisdom says that the "skill" of being a quarterback is "accurate" drop back passing. 

I mostly agree. But it’s not entirely true the last part.  Plenty of us hate pro football and basketball and much prefer the purer games of college football and basketball.  I love both of those sports.  But despise those pro games since around 2000.   

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

I don't know why everyone complains about BDC's distance gains when others like Cameron Champ were already hitting it that far... In the pairing, there were several times where Champ and Wolff were out-driving BDC. So why is there a big uproar about BDC doing it?!

And, c'mon, no skill involved in hitting the ball far?! I dispute that it's a "fact" Mr. Toothpick Fitzpatrick could easily put on 40lb and carry the ball 350y straight. If it's so "easy" then do it.

Bryson is working his a** off to get the results he's getting and I love it.

Declambeau and champ even hit it short for their speeds too because of their associated launch stats. Both could hit it 20+ further. 

Rory was longer off tee than Bryson at us open and had higher strokes gained driver . 

fitz is a child. Bryson dominated in all facets of game at us open and completely deserved it. Substantially positive strokes gained in all facets, pretty hard to not win with that 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tungstenplug said:

Matt Fitzpatrick is 5'8" 155lbs. He is physically small compared to other men. Under no circumstance could he put on 40lbs of mucle/fat and still be good at golf. He doesn't have the frame or the work ethic. He is Luke Donald 2.0, an elite short game will bring him plenty of earnings in pro golf but he won't reach the upper echelon in terms of wins and career status

His comments were made out of jealousy for another man who is better than him. He wishes he could be like Bryson

Have we forgot weeman Rory ?   Doesn’t that squash the ideas that short folks can’t hit it a mile ? 

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Here’s Fitzpatricks stats off the tee.  Not exactly Luke  Donald short.  

2D285FF2-7D88-4A41-B9FD-CA7128C138A8.png

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I happen to think that the ball/driver distance should be reduced by 12.5%, so that 320 yard drives go 280 (like the longest of the LPGA), so that courses like Aronimink would be relevant for the PGA pros.

Long would still be long proportionately.  But not quite so long absolutely.  Relative length is what matters.

I'm on Fitzpatrick's side on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

4 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Barry Bonds Pittsburgh, 30 or so Hr at 180 lbs great fielder 

Barry bonds SF Giants - 70+ hr at 240 lbs 

size punishes speed kills , BAD generating more speed with size , playing the “electoral college statistics tee to green”  

Rory , DJ , Tony F , more orthodox right there with BAD.   

Arnold Palmer - swing your swing , that is biometrically approximate for your body type 

Mathew F , I have some free gym passes for your b______h a** , lead follow or Get TF out the way . 

Really, Barry Bonds, lol?  If that's bait I'm not going to take it, but poor analogy - let's throw Lance Armstrong in there, too, or better I guess, a fat Roger Clemens.

• Like 2

No reason to whine about this guy, haterz need to hate on someone better. This guy won a few tournaments and ONE big tournament and now the haterz are starting to crawl out of the woodwork. The guy hits it far, but he still needs accuracy off the tee (not guaranteed, BDC can't hit a fairway today and is +5 through 6 holes) , short game, and putting. If he does well on all three then he has a good chance to win the tourney, if not then he's not winning. DJ, Rors, and a couple other guys are in the same boat. It's NOWHERE NEAR TW's domination of the game. Not even close. Wake me up when this guy wins 2 major tournaments in a single season, let alone four.

BDC is trying to make up for his lack of golf skill with long drives, nothing wrong with that and it even brings in the fans. Overall it's good for the game. If you want to hate on him, do it because of the fire ant situation, the "brand" situation, maybe because he's from Fresno? Don't hate him because he's good at golf because he's really not.

2 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

“It’s not a skill to hit the ball a long way in my opinion,” Fitzpatrick told reporters. “I could put on 40 pounds. I could go and see a bio-mechanist and I could gain 40 yards; that’s actually a fact.

“I could put another two inches on my driver..... "

Then do it Matt. Put up or shut up. It takes a lot of work to add that much mass and still maintain your entire game enough to play at that level.  I'd say with certainty that he COULDN'T do it. 

Yeah the 40 yards statement is highly unlikely - Bryson gained about 20 yards with his increased bulk. Maybe a Bryson-lite approach may be a valid consideration for younger guys like Matt and Spieth to gain some distance. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Really, Barry Bonds, lol?  If that's bait I'm not going to take it, but poor analogy - let's throw Lance Armstrong in there, too, or better I guess, a fat Roger Clemens.

I’m not saying that he took some thing I’m just saying the size difference , How they got there is their abusiness

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

3 minutes ago, tungstenplug said:

His height has nothing to do with his driving distance, it has to do with his mentality

I thought it was to do with the 75* difference between his hip turn and shoulder turn and the speed that he coils it back 🤔

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

7 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Bryson isn’t a particularly gifted athlete.  I gaurantee you his vertical jump and 40 times are uninspiring.  Id bet he isn’t a first pick at even pickup basketball.  That sort of thing.    Sure. He’s currently beating this game.  But the idea that he’s somehow doing something nobody else will do , is crazy.  He’s not tiger.  And people copied that example. They’ll surely copy this one.   So I think it’s great to question what it will do to the game going forward.  

A lot of what you said is correct, but we aren't talking football and the NBA. 40 yard times and how high you can jump mean nothing. To say Bryson isn't a particularly athlete is short sighted. You don't have 6 PGA Tour wins including US Open without being an a fairly good athlete. Many pro athletes can't play golf, they try, but they just suck. NHL players are different, however.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

You don't have 6 PGA Tour wins including US Open without being an a fairly good athlete.

Yes, you have to be athletic, in good shape, flexible, etc. But the thing pro golfers have is off the charts hand-eye coordination. By itself that doesn't make them great athletes. Have you seen the guys who stack the cups? Or the close-up magicians who can fool you from 2 feet away? Great hand-eye coordination...not necessarily athletes.

33 minutes ago, Loki said:

A lot of what you said is correct, but we aren't talking football and the NBA. 40 yard times and how high you can jump mean nothing. To say Bryson isn't a particularly athlete is short sighted. You don't have 6 PGA Tour wins including US Open without being an a fairly good athlete. Many pro athletes can't play golf, they try, but they just suck. NHL players are different, however.

Not really.  Golf proves yet again to not be a sport where max athleticism is a must to be #1.   And that’s not a knock.  But I’m just saying.  Golf is chess compared to football or basketball being checkers.  And I love that. Golf should forever remain a game where the patient thinker can out score the supreme athlete.  And I say that as a guy who regularly ran sub 48 second 400 meters and high jumped 7 1/2 foot several times in practice which is close to a national record of done in comp. ... I’m old now , but I know what being athletic is.  He’s kind of the top 5 kid at a church picnic athletic.  Not at all a standout.  
 The truth is Bryson is playing chess while slurping a protein shake.   And he’s winning.  Which is why I’m a cautiously optimistic fan of his.  I absolutely am rooting for him as I watch. I just don’t want to watch his copy cats play checkers if that makes any sense.  

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock