2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Golf Hoodies

edryer3

1 hour ago, kamizzou91 said:

I picked up two of the Adidas Cold.Rdy hoodies.  Wore one last weekend to play, planning on wearing the other one this weekend.  Fast becoming my favorite golf outerwear pieces I own.  

Did you get this one?

adidas Golf - Performance Golf Hoodie - Xander Schauffele 2020

That thing looks great and better than most the terribly fitted, tacky colored polo shirts a bunch of country club members try to squeeze their beer bellies into every week.

I kinda want one but havent found a good deal yet. 

Tradition or not, Xander looks stylin there.

Edited by Mcgeeno
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Mcgeeno said:

Did you get this one?

adidas Golf - Performance Golf Hoodie - Xander Schauffele 2020

That thing looks great and better than most the terribly fitted, tacky colored polo shirts a bunch of country club members try to squeeze their beer bellies into every week.

I kinda want one but havent found a good deal yet. 

Tradition or not, Xander looks stylin there.

Yep, that is the style I got.   I went with a grey one and a black one.  Dick's had them on sale during a flash sale for $60 not too long ago, maybe keep an eye out for that.  That's the lowest price I have seen thus far on this style. 

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19
TaylorMade 2023 P790 4-AW

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
ProV1x

11 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

All good points but I like traditions.  That is what built the game and made golf what it is.  We have to respect that.  I like that we have a "dress code" so to speak.  And honestly I think the hoodie looks sloppy and too casual for a gentleman's game.  I hope this trend dies.  It's not a good look for golf and I dont think it looks cool even on tour pros.  I have me many a hoodie but I will not be bringing them to the course;  Ever.  I think the golf companies know this and it's sad they are pushing this.  They know it will get buzz and a rise, just to make a buck.  And why was the media asking Varner about it?  Is that where this is headed?  My 02...

If golf wants to be a gentlemen's game it will die an old mans death.  Im sure people would say your footboy shirt that fits like a smock is too sloppy to play in.  Traditions are meant to hold things back.  Im sure there will be some places who hold your opinion but its ridiculous and quite absurd someone would say its too casual for a gentlemen's game lol

• Like 2

I'm not sure why you think being a gentleman is something that is old or outdated? Honor and respect for the game is something every golfer should have.  I love the game.  One way we show that is with our attire.  In games teams wear uniforms.  Golf's uniform is more formal than casual wear; aka things you can wear to the gym.  Hoodies are casual wear!   

• Thanks 1

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

8 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

I'm not sure why you think being a gentleman is something that is old or outdated? Honor and respect for the game is something every golfer should have.  I love the game.  One way we show that is with our attire.  In games teams wear uniforms.  Golf's uniform is more formal than casual wear; aka things you can wear to the gym.  Hoodies are casual wear!   

I love a nice casual round, so guess I'm stocking up on casual wear hoodies!

Also, I love the game, and I show it by having fun and introducing people to it and showing them that it's a great game that anyone can enjoy and fall in love with. I certainly don't pass judgement on them for what they wear. 

2 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

So what a person wears is what makes his character? What if a guy shows up with "proper attire" and goes around the course not fixing any divots or marks? Is he more acceptable than a guy who shows up in khaki's and a hoodie who fixes divots and ball marks? 

• Like 1

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

2 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

Wearing a hoodie on a golf course does not disqualify you from being a gentleman.

Also wearing a polo does not automatically make you one either.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bucken77 said:

So what a person wears is what makes his character? What if a guy shows up with "proper attire" and goes around the course not fixing any divots or marks? Is he more acceptable than a guy who shows up in khaki's and a hoodie who fixes divots and ball marks? 

Same guys likely posted this same garbage when Tiger made the blade collar polo a popular shirt.

I remember all the threads here about that too LOL.

Personally i wouldn't wear a hoodie either on or off the course, just because i dont like them, if people like wearing them then doesn't bother me, but serious question, quite a few pro's are now wearing them but ive never actually seen one with the hood up, so what's the point? not sure i'd actually want the hood just flapping around

• Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

24 minutes ago, Mcgeeno said:

Same guys likely posted this same garbage when Tiger made the blade collar polo a popular shirt.

I remember all the threads here about that too LOL.

I was surprised looking at older youtube videos that Tiger has been wearing that blade collar a long time.  Don't think that bladed shirt will fly at one of my local private pricey courses.  Hoodies won't.  

Golf Attire

All players must be appropriately attired on the golf course and practice range at all times. The Golf Professional has the final determination of attire.

Men (and all male children): Shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks or golf-length shorts are considered appropriate attire. No Cargo Shorts are allowed. Shirts are to remain tucked-in at all times. Tank tops, tee shirts, mesh shirts, hooded shirts, sweat shirts or pants, warm-up suits, blue jeans or denim, swim wear, cut-offs, gym shorts, tennis outfits, or other athletic shorts are not permitted. Hats/caps may not be worn with peak backwards.

Women (and all female children): Golf dresses, skirts, slacks, golf-length shorts and blouses are considered appropriate attire. Halter tops, tee shirts, cut-offs, mesh tops, sweat pants, warm-up suits, blue jeans or denim, swim wear, tennis dresses, short shorts, or other athletic shorts are not permitted. Hats/caps may not be worn with peak backwards.

Shoes: Street, tennis, running or similar shoes, other than golf shoes shall not be worn on the course. Golf shoes with “soft spikes” are preferred by the Course Superintendent in order to protect the quality of the greens putting surface.
Edited by LeoLeo99
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bucken77 said:

Nope didnt say that.  Attire is one way of many to show respect for the game.  Obviously there are many forms of etiquette on the golf course.  I am not saying I dont like hoodies.  I just dont like them as proper golf course attire.  Why does it have to be the least acceptable means to participate in things these days.  If you are going on a nice date or you are attending a big meeting, or going to church, or going to a football game, or playing golf...you wear different things to each right?  So why are we mixing golf with gym clothes?  If I wore a suit to a football game would I be out of place?  If I wore my football game attire to an important business meeting would that make a difference to anyone?

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

5 minutes ago, LeoLeo99 said:

I was surprised looking at older youtube videos that Tiger has been wearing that blade collar a long time.  Don't think that bladed shirt will fly at one of my local private pricey courses.  Hoodies won't.  

Golf Attire

All players must be appropriately attired on the golf course and practice range at all times. The Golf Professional has the final determination of attire.

Men (and all male children): Shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks or golf-length shorts are considered appropriate attire. No Cargo Shorts are allowed. Shirts are to remain tucked-in at all times. Tank tops, tee shirts, mesh shirts, hooded shirts, sweat shirts or pants, warm-up suits, blue jeans or denim, swim wear, cut-offs, gym shorts, tennis outfits, or other athletic shorts are not permitted. Hats/caps may not be worn with peak backwards.

Women (and all female children): Golf dresses, skirts, slacks, golf-length shorts and blouses are considered appropriate attire. Halter tops, tee shirts, cut-offs, mesh tops, sweat pants, warm-up suits, blue jeans or denim, swim wear, tennis dresses, short shorts, or other athletic shorts are not permitted. Hats/caps may not be worn with peak backwards.

Shoes: Street, tennis, running or similar shoes, other than golf shoes shall not be worn on the course. Golf shoes with “soft spikes” are preferred by the Course Superintendent in order to protect the quality of the greens putting surface.

For the record, obviously I am in favor of wearing whatever you want on the course, but if a course had some sort of rules for attire then I would adhere to them if I wanted to play that course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

Byron Morgan GSS DH-89

9 minutes ago, Superbrit said:

Personally i wouldn't wear a hoodie either on or off the course, just because i dont like them, if people like wearing them then doesn't bother me, but serious question, quite a few pro's are now wearing them but ive never actually seen one with the hood up, so what's the point? not sure i'd actually want the hood just flapping around

Money!  How many people are buying them alone in this thread.  There is no other purpose of the hoodie in golf....

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

1 minute ago, Deuce78 said:

Nope didnt say that.  Attire is one way of many to show respect for the game.  Obviously there are many forms of etiquette on the golf course.  I am not saying I dont like hoodies.  I just dont like them as proper golf course attire.  Why does it have to be the least acceptable means to participate in things these days.  If you are going on a nice date or you are attending a big meeting, or going to church, or going to a football game, or playing golf...you wear different things to each right?  So why are we mixing golf with gym clothes?  If I wore a suit to a football game would I be out of place?  If I wore my football game attire to an important business meeting would that make a difference to anyone?

Attire shows zero respect for the game. That is a ludicrous statement. And to make a comparison between football and golf is quite honestly humiliating for you. One has actual health benefits for you. Going on a date again has nothing to do with playing a round of golf.  

• Haha 1

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

Byron Morgan GSS DH-89

2 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

It doesn't "have to be the least acceptable means" - that's just how you're viewing wearing hoodies on the golf course.  There's no question that golf apparel and clothing has trended more sporty and athletic the last few years from footwear  to accessories, to outerwear and everything in between.  If you haven't noticed that and are just starting to get annoyed by it, you've missed a lot.   A lot of folks don't think athletic-inspired golf clothing looks sloppy or disrespectful to the game.

• Like 2

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

Rory had his flipped up a time or two.

13 minutes ago, Superbrit said:

image.jpeg.d8fc4d969fe5faa32bfbac487b94b277.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Money!  How many people are buying them alone in this thread.  There is no other purpose of the hoodie in golf....

Has to be, got to say if your not going to put the hood up i just don't see the point, but hey each to their own i suppose

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

1 minute ago, Mcgeeno said:

I have two of the cashmere hoodies.  I like to put the hood up on cold mornings in between hitting shots - either while riding in the cart or walking.  Provides a nice amount of warmth. 

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

1 minute ago, Bucken77 said:

Not even sure why I'm arguing in this thread as I'm not a huge hoodie fan either. I would go sweater with a toque with a RLX jacket that is lightweight

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing.

I've never spent 5 minutes worrying about what a golfer wore until the last two days. Crazy internet sucking me into this silly discussion!

I'm in Northern Canada and play in some very cold conditions so maybe thats why the hoodie is just more common here. Who knows. I literally watched golfers play in winter coats and snow pant type bottoms a couple weeks ago. 

7 minutes ago, Bucken77 said:

Attire shows zero respect for the game. That is a ludicrous statement. And to make a comparison between football and golf is quite honestly humiliating for you. One has actual health benefits for you. Going on a date again has nothing to do with playing a round of golf.  

Obviously I disagree.  Please stay in school kids.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

16 minutes ago, Mcgeeno said:

Is that at your club @LeoLeo99?

My club just has a "no tank tops" rule.

I see guys playing in all sorts of attire. Its never really been a blip on my radar but its not an expensive private club either.

Nooo.   I was just talking to my cuz about joining a private club again.   There are a lot of boxes to check to get me to pony up the cash.  Affordable with nice people and laid back would be my top criteria.  I play a short course a lot and there is no dress code at all.  People play in jeans, tee shirts, whatever.  I've even played in jeans, gym shorts, tee shirts.  The course is not that good and it's overpriced for what it is. But, for whatever reason, it attracts the nicest people.  Everyone is so polite. Like it should be. People join up, let you play through, return lost items to the pro shop...  Wish they'd fix their ball marks but that's another story.  

I'd choose nice, friendly people wearing hoodies over nicely dressed jerks.  I'm also of the opinion that once posting season is over, the dress code should be relaxed.  Gosh, years ago, I remember having an issue at a course because my friend was wearing a jacket and thermal underneath but didn't have a collar.  They didn't care that it was 45°F and the parking lot was empty.  They said he needed a collared shirt.  

Edited by LeoLeo99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

in football they wear skin tight outfits,  very gentlemenly....... golf would be better served without people of your disposition frankly, youre holding the sport back, id says grow up but its probably a little late for that

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tmac7592 said:

in football they wear skin tight outfits,  very gentlemenly....... golf would be better served without people of your disposition frankly, youre holding the sport back, id says grow up but its probably a little late for that

I think if those with honor and respect for tradition left the game it wouldnt be called golf anymore.  Our fore fathers built it.  We dont need to trash it.  Just leave things alone that are already great.  Are you saying there is something wrong with how golf has been played for over a hundred years?  I am nothing in that equation....its the greatest game ever played Sir.  Let it be golf.  Nothing else.

• Like 1

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Just now, Deuce78 said:

I think if those with honor and respect for tradition left the game it wouldnt be called golf anymore.  Our fore fathers built it.  We dont need to trash it.  Just leave things alone that are already great.  Are you saying there is something wrong with how golf has been played for over a hundred years?  I am nothing in that equation....its the greatest game ever played Sir.  Let it be golf.  Nothing else.

The same fore fathers who probably viewed other humans as their lessers..... golf is a game where people come together to enjoy the outdoors, each others company and hitting a stupid white ball around.  it doesnt and shouldn't matter what you wear, where you play or how much money you make.  You sound like an elitist and should be ashamed of your exclusive views.  Change is what keeps things moving forward, same way jack and tiger changed the game and maybe even bryson is now.  You are whats wrong with golf in a nutshell and im ashamed to say we share the same passion for the sport although in my mind you dont like golf you like the elite persona of it that youre clinging onto.

2 hours ago, Mcgeeno said:

Didn't Hatton have his up too when he was holding the trophy?  He wasn't playing but still, he was using it.

I dont use the back pockets of my pants when I golf but I still want them there for the look (wallet goes in bag, leave my glove in cart or front pockets when putting)

27 minutes ago, tmac7592 said:

The same fore fathers who probably viewed other humans as their lessers..... golf is a game where people come together to enjoy the outdoors, each others company and hitting a stupid white ball around.  it doesnt and shouldn't matter what you wear, where you play or how much money you make.  You sound like an elitist and should be ashamed of your exclusive views.  Change is what keeps things moving forward, same way jack and tiger changed the game and maybe even bryson is now.  You are whats wrong with golf in a nutshell and im ashamed to say we share the same passion for the sport although in my mind you dont like golf you like the elite persona of it that youre clinging onto.

I agree with some of that.  I didnt invent golf or the dress code.  But I appreciate it.  It's not about being exclusive.  I want everyone to come play golf.  Just learn the game, etiquette, and proper attire (golf's uniform) just like any other sport.  Not hating but embracing our sport.  And I'd still play a round with you.  Cheers to all my wrx pals out there. 

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)