• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rant on.   Are you trying to make fun of someone because of their age, on a golf site of all places?     That is just strange because either A.) He is older than you, which general

I'm not a big fan of hoodies on the course. The hood flops all around when I'm putting if it's windy and it bothers me. 

If I need a hoodie, its too cold to golf, lol.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 8:02 AM, sheppy335 said:

My daughter just got one as a gift from her golf team, she loves it. free slowing and keeps her warm. She likes this for spring and fall golf while still repping her team. 

Oh my god!

What a bunch of monsters at your kids school! Not following traditions and allowing your daughter to wear a travesty of clothing such as a golf hoodie!

😂

I think thats an awesome gift and I'm glad she likes it. 

If that doesnt work out we can push for these high schools to follow the old school ladies golf attire traditions!

Babe Didrikson Zaharias - IMDb

On 10/11/2020 at 8:20 PM, BYK said:

What's wrong with a vest or jacket and a winter hat?

Doesn’t signal to your hip nature.  A stocking cap ( beanie) and a 1/4 zip with insulation is by far the more practical attire for golf.  The hood is going to move.   It’s going to distract , and it’s going to aggravate me.  I mean but who doesn’t want a blind spot in the back swing ?  Lol. 

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw   modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

42 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Doesn’t signal to your hip nature.  A stocking cap ( beanie) and a 1/4 zip with insulation is by far the more practical attire for golf.  The hood is going to move.   It’s going to distract , and it’s going to aggravate me.  I mean but who doesn’t want a blind spot in the back swing ?  Lol. 

Or it could be that its not cold enough to have a beanie on the whole entire time.  You end up taking it on and off instead of just pulling your hood up and down.  I wear one pretty much every time I play now and I've never noticed a "blind spot" anywhere.

58 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Kind of dramatic.  Ive worn hoodies probably the same amount as the next person, wore them through highschool and college sports and have never, ever once had the hood fly around or present a blind spot while doing anything or become aggravating or distracting.  Have yet to have it whip over my face, or strangle me during a golf swing... 

Also as practicality goes, seems a piece of clothing that incorporates dual pieces would be pretty practical imo.  Seems obvious you don't care for them and that's cool, but your overly emphatic declarations really don't assist your opinion.   

Edited by bubbagump
  • Like 2

G400 LST | SLDR MINI |PXG 0317x  

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

Fourteen RM | TM Hi-Toe

Toulon Atlanta
WITB

15 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

Kind of dramatic.  Ive worn hoodies probably the same amount as the next person, wore them through highschool and college sports and have never, ever once had the hood fly around or present a blind spot while doing anything or become aggravating or distracting.  Have yet to have it whip over my face, or strangle me during a golf swing... 

Also as practicality goes, seems a piece of clothing that incorporates dual pieces would be pretty practical imo.  Seems obvious you don't care for them and that's cool, but your overly emphatic declarations really don't assist your opinion.   

What brand magic hoodie do you wear ?  Lol. If you’re wearing one during a swing and can make a full turn , you can’t possibly see the ball with your left eye with a full head tilt.  But hey.   Most have already said they don’t wear the hoodie full time.  

I guess it’s my practical side.  I just don’t see wearing an article of clothing that I take on and off every swing.  Not when a suitable alternative exists.

I don’t care if you I wear one.  I played with a guy who had on a leather Dale Earnhardt jacket , a hoodie underneath and a Marlboro   Permanently glued to the corner of his mouth.    Nice guy.  Played fast.  No issues . So assuming the same , good company.   

24 minutes ago, Drwoods2017 said:

Or it could be that its not cold enough to have a beanie on the whole entire time.  You end up taking it on and off instead of just pulling your hood up and down.  I wear one pretty much every time I play now and I've never noticed a "blind spot" anywhere.

That’s my point. You’re not wearing it full time. Or to play. Right ?  

this topic interests me , I have a 12 year old who is all about a hoodie.   And he and I have this convo a lot.  He owns many.  A couple months ago I decided to count how many times I saw him wear the hood.  After 30 days and no instances I asked him about it.  He confirmed the fashion statement aspect , not the utilitarian reasons.  He left the houses his morning , in the cold , wearing a hoodie but not on his head.  Lol. 

to each his own.  For the record. The club I belong to has never forbade hoodies , and it was built in the 60s.  But much like duster overcoats and a wizards cloak , I see the hoodie as being a hindering item instead of a help with a golf swing.  Which is why I  never see them on anyone over 25.  

22 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

this topic interests me , I have a 12 year old who is all about a hoodie.   And he and I have this convo a lot.  He owns many.  A couple months ago I decided to count how many times I saw him wear the hood.  After 30 days and no instances I asked him about it.  He confirmed the fashion statement aspect , not the utilitarian reasons.  He left the houses his morning , in the cold , wearing a hoodie but not on his head.  Lol. 

to each his own.  For the record. The club I belong to has never forbade hoodies , and it was built in the 60s.  But much like duster overcoats and a wizards cloak , I see the hoodie as being a hindering item instead of a help with a golf swing.  Which is why I  never see them on anyone over 25.  

He’s referring to beanie, not hoodie.  That on off narrative is your own manufactured one.  

if you’re really not grasping it, just check out Hatton or Xander’s highlights in them, wearing them all round.  Not that complex. 

Fourteen RM | TM Hi-Toe

Toulon Atlanta
WITB

5 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

He’s referring to beanie, not hoodie.  That on off narrative is your own manufactured one.  

if you’re really not grasping it, just check out Hatton or Xander’s highlights in them, wearing them all round.  Not that complex. 

May want to re read that.  He literally says “ as opposed to pulling it up or down “. 

i just read this entire thread. Many references to pulling it up in between shots. I can post links if you need them.  I have made nothing up. 

Edited by bladehunter

26 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I played yesterday morning. When we teed off it was 40 degrees and I had the hoodie up the first 6 holes.  I hit the ball no different than I normally do.  It also allows me to wear a hat underneath for extra sun protection. It has a lot of functionality.  If you think you'd have a blind spot I urge you to try it and see. It will never hinder your swing.

Just now, Drwoods2017 said:

I said it's easier to pull a hoodie up or down instead of taking a beanie on and off.

Yes. Which is what I referenced. Yes ?  I don’t get what you guys are saying .  Are you wearing it for cold full round or not ?  I said not based on your own statement there.  

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

Yes. Which is what I referenced. Yes ?  I don’t get what you guys are saying .  Are you wearing it for cold full round or not ?  I said not based on your own statement there.  

The weather warms up throughout a day right? So when I tee off and it's 40 degrees the hood is up but then when it's 60 degrees halfway through the round I pull it down?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

May want to re read that.  He literally says “ as opposed to pulling it up or down “. 

i just read this entire thread. Many references to pulling it up in between shots. I can post links if you need them.  I have made nothing up. 

The taking on off was in reference to the beanie vs having the hoodie hood pulled up or down.  

Fourteen RM | TM Hi-Toe

Toulon Atlanta
WITB

3 minutes ago, Drwoods2017 said:

I played yesterday morning. When we teed off it was 40 degrees and I had the hoodie up the first 6 holes.  I hit the ball no different than I normally do.  It also allows me to wear a hat underneath for extra sun protection. It has a lot of functionality.  If you think you'd have a blind spot I urge you to try it and see. It will never hinder your swing.

I grew up playing every sport year round and ...i ran 5 years of varsity track. Part of the uniform was a hoodie and sweats. I am well aware of it blocking   Peripheral vision. That part is common sense.  It allows straight on vision only.   Maybe I just turn farther and it hinders me ?  Don’t know.  I don’t even like a beanie pulled down too far.  

1 minute ago, bubbagump said:

The taking on off was in reference to the beanie vs having the hoodie hood pulled up or down.  

Right. Which is what I said.  When I wear a beanie I keep it on. It’s purpose is trapping head warmth.  If I wore a hood I’d also keep it up or it defeats the purpose. Yes ?  He’s comparing removal and reapplication of a beanie vs same for a hood.  That’s what I said.  “ so you’re not wearing it full time  “.   I don’t understand removing either back and forth.  And now he says he wore it straight through.  So hey.  Doesn’t bother him.  Cool.  

whne a thread pops up and includes “ golf hoodie “ I read it to understand how anyone would actually hit shots in one.  And I still don’t know.  Doesn’t mean I’m the fashion police and don’t think it looks ok on a golf course.  Just means I don’t see how one plays in one.  I’d have the exact same opinion if someone starts a thread “ best golf cloaks “.  Or “ best high heel golf shoes “.        That’s all. 

10 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Your reference wasn’t really clear that the “it” was specifically you talking about only the hood not the hoodie.  

With that said, I don’t typically swing with it up but have in golf and baseball many many times.  Never had an issue with blind spots.  

Fourteen RM | TM Hi-Toe

Toulon Atlanta
WITB

33 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

Your reference wasn’t really clear that the “it” was specifically you talking about only the hood not the hoodie.  

With that said, I don’t typically swing with it up but have in golf and baseball many many times.  Never had an issue with blind spots.  

Gotcha. Yes wasn’t saying take the whole thing off. Now I get the miscommunication. My bad.  

To me “ hoodie “ references the hood. As in we used to tell our boy whne paying in the yard and the wind was blowing to “ put up your hoodie “.  I thought it was a pet name for hood. 

Edited by bladehunter

On 10/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, adeangelis said:

Yeah, I echo this sentiment. I’ve sort of stopped waisting money on either one. For the price you pay, it’s not worth it. For a couple dollars more, I started investing in Peter Millar and RL Golf. They’re both much higher quality and it looks better, in my opinion. 

Me too!  I no longer support Nike.  I could list MANY reasons, but I’ll just sim it up by saying if they’d pay those kids in Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc. a few bucks instead of a few cents, maybe their quality would be a little better and they MIGHT justify their prices somewhat.  Sure, they’re cheaper than a RLX, Greyson, or others, but they’re CRAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, x5andr6 said:

How do you llike this? I was thinking about getting it. Is it pretty warm?

I like it a lot. I’ve played 2 rounds in it and it it super comfortable, soft and keeps me warm! I haven’t layered with it as I would get to hot. Played mid to low 40s when I wore it and I just wore a shirt sleeve under it and wasn’t cold. It kept me comfortable and warm

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]