Adidas Golf 2021

On 8/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, QMany said:

I'm not familiar with Function18. Do you recommend? It looks like more options (including UK colors we don't get, cheaper prices, and free shipping once you get over $200.

Q they are legit.  I've ordered a couple of Galvin Green pieces from them.  Great pricing and good shipping (pre COVID, anyway).  

• Like 1

Epic Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore S
SIM2 Ti 15 GD AD-VR 6S
Rogue 19 + 21  Synergy S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
T20 50/56/60 TI s400
Scotty Phantom X 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the grey/blue at GG last night.  The plastic cover on the toe looks awful to me and makes them look super cheap.  The issue with a lot of adidas shoes right now.  They want to use the recycled material thing all the time now and the shoes are too fabric-ee to be waterproof.  The prime blue CodeChaos looked great new, but couldn’t be worn in morning dew and discolored easy. 

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

39 minutes ago, Minarets said:

I saw the grey/blue at GG last night.  The plastic cover on the toe looks awful to me and makes them look super cheap.  The issue with a lot of adidas shoes right now.  They want to use the recycled material thing all the time now and the shoes are too fabric-ee to be waterproof.  The prime blue CodeChaos looked great new, but couldn’t be worn in morning dew and discolored easy. 

I have this issue with the ZG21.  I got the white/grey/light blue ones.  The toe box area has some random stains of pollen and dirt that just won't come out.  Even after a good brushing and a full cycle in the washing machine.  I tried soft and medium bristle brushes with different sneaker cleaners and nothing works.  Don't want to try harder brushes at it would destroy the material.  

On 9/1/2021 at 6:03 AM, areksoo25 said:

5 new CWs for the ZG21 line.  2 of them being mid tops with BOA lacing.  

In Canada, we only got the black/grey and the grey/blue and no BOA.  I really like that blue/white CW.  It's kinda good Canada didn't get many of the CWs.  I definitely don't need new golf shoes.

ZG21_Motion_Recycled_Polyester_Golf_Shoe

ZG21_Motion_Primegreen_BOA_Mid_Golf_Shoe

ZG21_Motion_Primegreen_BOA_Mid_Golf_Shoe

All Horrible! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, areksoo25 said:

I have this issue with the ZG21.  I got the white/grey/light blue ones.  The toe box area has some random stains of pollen and dirt that just won't come out.  Even after a good brushing and a full cycle in the washing machine.  I tried soft and medium bristle brushes with different sneaker cleaners and nothing works.  Don't want to try harder brushes at it would destroy the material.  

Have that same pair and I wipe them off after every round.  They look damn near as white as the day I bought them.  

• 2 weeks later...

I found the 2020 CodeChaos to be the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn.   So, I purchased the 2021 CodeChaos shoes.   The 2021 version is just as comfortable.   However, the 2021 version is also much hotter.   My socks are soaked (not from wet turf) after a round of golf in the 2021 CodeChaos.   Perhaps the recycled material is just that much hotter.

• Like 3

I found out today that my 2/20 mfr date code chaos shoes I bought last April right before covid hit and locked everything down had developed this crack, and probably as I think about it...  a while ago (never noticed until today) based on the dirt and crap stuck in the crack. Figure they've been like this for at least a couple months, when they started to squeak when walking. Was told only 6 month warranty, so SOL on mfr defect or getting them covered. Just watch out when buying them, maybe get a year out of them. Kind of pricy for shoes only warrantied for a half year. 

Comfy? Yes. Grippy? Yes. Heck, they can break and won't even feel it! I went to clean them a bit today and, that's when I found it. (Never really look at bottoms of shoes....and had to bend it lightly to see it. If not holding like this, they still look fine.)  

Edit: This morning, I pulled in my Garmin connect data, and since I bought them, I've logged 1,075 miles on these, and of that,  I'd say 15-20% was riding (I walk when I can), So, straight conversion is around $.14/mile. Not the best ROI, but served me well-ish. Still didn't last 2 years (main reason I bought spikeless is longevity vs having to replace spikes all the time - seems like Adidas "fixed that glitch"), and what really grinds my gears, is I'm on vacation and have to break in a new set of shoes that I'll pick up this morning, to make my tee time later this morning. 

Reading some reviews, the CodeChaos21 is a bit warmer in the foot, and that doesn't make me warm and fuzzy (or does it?) 😉 that I'd buy them... I need breathing and a cool foot And they don't have the new solarthon in stock anywhere. *ugh*

PXL_20211012_212925764.jpg

PXL_20211012_212923275.jpg

Edited by Imp
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Callaway Mavrik 9* Fujikura Pro2.0 6.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Srixon ZX5 Irons (4-PW) / Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, Callaway, 64*, Balls by Snell.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:20 PM, Imp said:

I found out today that my 2/20 mfr date code chaos shoes I bought last April right before covid hit and locked everything down had developed this crack, and probably as I think about it...  a while ago (never noticed until today) based on the dirt and crap stuck in the crack. Figure they've been like this for at least a couple months, when they started to squeak when walking. Was told only 6 month warranty, so SOL on mfr defect or getting them covered. Just watch out when buying them, maybe get a year out of them. Kind of pricy for shoes only warrantied for a half year. 

Comfy? Yes. Grippy? Yes. Heck, they can break and won't even feel it! I went to clean them a bit today and, that's when I found it. (Never really look at bottoms of shoes....and had to bend it lightly to see it. If not holding like this, they still look fine.)  

Edit: This morning, I pulled in my Garmin connect data, and since I bought them, I've logged 1,075 miles on these, and of that,  I'd say 15-20% was riding (I walk when I can), So, straight conversion is around $.14/mile. Not the best ROI, but served me well-ish. Still didn't last 2 years (main reason I bought spikeless is longevity vs having to replace spikes all the time - seems like Adidas "fixed that glitch"), and what really grinds my gears, is I'm on vacation and have to break in a new set of shoes that I'll pick up this morning, to make my tee time later this morning. 

Reading some reviews, the CodeChaos21 is a bit warmer in the foot, and that doesn't make me warm and fuzzy (or does it?) 😉 that I'd buy them... I need breathing and a cool foot And they don't have the new solarthon in stock anywhere. *ugh*

PXL_20211012_212925764.jpg

PXL_20211012_212923275.jpg

Same thing happened to mine in the same spot after pretty much exclusive cart riding while still under warranty. Adidas told me to go f myself because it was “normal wear and tear”. Disappointing.