Adidas Golf 2021

2 hours ago, wody1212 said:

I've been trying to find any info on new codechaos colors and came across an image from Amazon that led me to this listing that shoes some new colors from the primeblue line that look like the one from a couple posts up. 

Doesn't look like you can order them quite yet, but maybe soon?

Screenshot_20210511-091957.png

Good find! They come out in a few weeks.

CodeChaos are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, I might need the black and blue colorways.

Edited by QMany
  • Like 1

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

2 hours ago, Dash Boogie said:

I purchased a pair of the ZG21 BOA.  As someone with a tall and wide forefoot but narrow heel, I felt like the ZG21 BOAs fit very well.  I will note that this is the first pair of Adidas (golf or no golf) I've ever worn in a size 11.  I am normally a size 11.5, so I recommend looking to size at least 1/2 down.  Otherwise, these are great shoes. 

Thanks for the tip, I will try a size down or so as I found my normal sizing to fit wide; I am a 10 but the shoe felt like a 10 wide.

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

1 hour ago, QMany said:

Good find! They come out next month.

CodeChaos are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, I might need the black and blue colorways.

Interesting. Side profile reminds me of a 2000s basketball shoe haha. Would be interested in the black and blue myself as well.

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

1 hour ago, Kamen said:

Interesting. Side profile reminds me of a 2000s basketball shoe haha. Would be interested in the black and blue myself as well.

The first shoe I thought of was the Adidas KB8 (known know as the Crazy 8):

adidas-kb-8

If it's Kobe inspired, I ain't mad.

I'm liking the blue/white CW more so as well, but I think I need to see more pics.  

• Like 2

Went through an absolute battle trying to find shoes this season. Bought a few pairs of jordans but they were extremely stiff, roomy, and the heel cup did not keep my foot in place - blisters and discomfort. FJ Fury were a non-starter - awful heel. Returned or sold all of those. Gamed the Tour 360 XT last season and loved it with the exception of the leather heel as it blistered me to hell while breaking them in and then the backs of the shoes ripped out. 

I swing it pretty fast. I'm just over 100mph with 7i and pretty quick in transition so need good grip, I have flat weird feet that are prone to heel blisters, I walk 99% of my rounds so shoes must be durable, light, and comfortable plus not be ugly on my rather skinny legs (odd cross between meso and ectomorph). 

Enter - ZG21 shoes. Wow. The second I put them on I knew they were the winners. Went down half a size to accommodate for the generous toe box. These things are the real deal. Hopefully they are durable as I was surprised to see they only have a 1 year waterproof guarantee given the price tag. Bought all black, white/neon, and all white. These will be my gamers this season and once they go on sale I'll buy a boat load more of them. Just such a good shoe. Boost is the best feeling sole I've ever tried and these still have that yet have gotten rid of the annoying to clean outer, kept the comfort, but made them lighter as well. Grip is insane and the spikes are easy to clean because of how exposed they are. If you're on the fence - pull the trigger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The 360 boost insole plays hot. I don't think it breathes very well at all. Walked nine today and my feet were burning up. They are very comfortable except for this. In a cart probably doesn't matter, but I like walking nine now and then.

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

On 5/19/2021 at 12:21 PM, TigerInTheWoods said:

Went through an absolute battle trying to find shoes this season. Bought a few pairs of jordans but they were extremely stiff, roomy, and the heel cup did not keep my foot in place - blisters and discomfort. FJ Fury were a non-starter - awful heel. Returned or sold all of those. Gamed the Tour 360 XT last season and loved it with the exception of the leather heel as it blistered me to hell while breaking them in and then the backs of the shoes ripped out. 

I swing it pretty fast. I'm just over 100mph with 7i and pretty quick in transition so need good grip, I have flat weird feet that are prone to heel blisters, I walk 99% of my rounds so shoes must be durable, light, and comfortable plus not be ugly on my rather skinny legs (odd cross between meso and ectomorph). 

Enter - ZG21 shoes. Wow. The second I put them on I knew they were the winners. Went down half a size to accommodate for the generous toe box. These things are the real deal. Hopefully they are durable as I was surprised to see they only have a 1 year waterproof guarantee given the price tag. Bought all black, white/neon, and all white. These will be my gamers this season and once they go on sale I'll buy a boat load more of them. Just such a good shoe. Boost is the best feeling sole I've ever tried and these still have that yet have gotten rid of the annoying to clean outer, kept the comfort, but made them lighter as well. Grip is insane and the spikes are easy to clean because of how exposed they are. If you're on the fence - pull the trigger. 

+1.  Best combination of light weight with comfort and lateral stability in any shoe that I've ever owned.

Edited by ShowMe

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

On 5/19/2021 at 6:47 PM, platgof said:

The 360 boost insole plays hot. I don't think it breathes very well at all. Walked nine today and my feet were burning up. They are very comfortable except for this. In a cart probably doesn't matter, but I like walking nine now and then.

Yeah I played the 360 XT and SL all of last season and as I said, I walk 99% of my rounds. I play around 100 rounds a year plus range time and the odd 3 or 4 hole after work quickies. My 360 were great shoes in terms of grip and comfort but I agree, they did play hot. I think it was the upper combined with the boost sole, but they did get quite warm and I think that contributed to the heel eventually ripping to pieces. I can't be mad I think I got 50+ rounds out of my main pair but they are not the same anymore let's just say that haha. 

1 hour ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Yeah I played the 360 XT and SL all of last season and as I said, I walk 99% of my rounds. I play around 100 rounds a year plus range time and the odd 3 or 4 hole after work quickies. My 360 were great shoes in terms of grip and comfort but I agree, they did play hot. I think it was the upper combined with the boost sole, but they did get quite warm and I think that contributed to the heel eventually ripping to pieces. I can't be mad I think I got 50+ rounds out of my main pair but they are not the same anymore let's just say that haha. 

They need to change the name from Boost to Inferno.

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

4 hours ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

So from an initial impression, do you think the zg21s will be more breathable than the 360s? I play in central Florida and breathability while also being somewhat waterproof is a must for the summer

12 hours ago, tastywaves said:

So from an initial impression, do you think the zg21s will be more breathable than the 360s? I play in central Florida and breathability while also being somewhat waterproof is a must for the summer

If you don’t have wide feet, I’d say Nike ZIT might be better suited for that.  Although I prefer my CodeChaos overall, I got to play 3 rounds with the Nike’s in 90+ weather before ultimately deciding to return them(although 90+ in NJ isn’t the same as in FL), and I’d say the ZIT were more breathable.

FINALLY finished my first round yesterday.  I live in Ontario, Canada the only place on the planet where golf was banned until now.

Wore the ZG21 in rainy conditions.  Traction was great, but what I noticed the most was I didn't notice them at all.  Solid comfort and zero break in needed.  I was a little worried about the LightStrike in the forefoot not being as comfortable as the Boost + insole in the heal, but it was a non issue.

On 5/23/2021 at 7:00 AM, Poor Hacker said:

My first ever post here, so firstly hello everyone.

The ZG21 seems to be at a sort of similar price point to last years Footjoy Tour X, which seemed to be a very well reviewed shoe in 2020. Different shoes and technology obviously - but has anyone tried both, and how would you say they compare?

personally, i can't remember the exact differences in fit, but do remember the Tour X fitting a bit on the narrow side...not necessarily a narrow shoe though.  the zg21, in contrast, is a relatively wider fitting shoe.  From the little i remember of the tour x, it has a very stiff and stable feel underfoot which seems like it would lead to a solid transfer of power from the ground while the zg have a softer, more supple feel(particularly more so under the heal due to boost) but while still retaining a good amount of stability.  both solid shoes and comfy in their own ways.  just depends on the fit and feel you're going after.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, QMany said:

Good find! They come out in a few weeks.

Btw- here is the link to the full set of photos: https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Codechaos-Primeblue-Spikeless-Shoes/dp/B08NXBKMD8

I saw these IRL a month or two ago by accident when the adidas rep was bringing them by my local indy golf shop.  In my memory, they look better IRL than they do in the pictures, but I’m excited to see what a non-knit version looks like.   I also saw a more running shoe like boost shoe, and a knit spiked shoe but didn’t get names to look for early photos.  Anybody have any info of either of those?

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR

Titleist TSr2+ Ventus TR

Titleist TSr3 18 Ventus TR

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-6 | Tour 7-PW $-Taper

Mizuno T20 50/54/58 $-Taper

SC Phantom X 5.5 / Bettinardi Tour Exempt LN BB1

32 minutes ago, cookout14 said:

Btw- here is the link to the full set of photos: https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Codechaos-Primeblue-Spikeless-Shoes/dp/B08NXBKMD8

I saw these IRL a month or two ago by accident when the adidas rep was bringing them by my local indy golf shop.  In my memory, they look better IRL than they do in the pictures, but I’m excited to see what a non-knit version looks like.   I also saw a more running shoe like boost shoe, and a knit spiked shoe but didn’t get names to look for early photos.  Anybody have any info of either of those?

They look sharp and I'm excited to get more Codechaos (since you can't even find last years anywhere anymore), I'm just worried about waterproof-ness. Last years Codechaos knits weren't waterproof and as much as I want to get some new Codechaos, not being waterproof is going to be a dealbreaker for me. 

43 minutes ago, cookout14 said:

I've been waiting on a new code chaos, I definitely hope the non-knit version looks a bit different from these, but good to hear from you that they look better IRL. These images are....ok-ish. The current code chaos is the go to shoe for me, and that's with 2 pairs of Nike Max 1 G's in the trunk. 

• Like 1

Audi A-Fore

Titleist TSR3 10* (D4), GD UB-6S

Cobra LTDx 15* HZRDUS Blue S (@ 16* )
TM M2 18*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S
Titleist 816 21*, Tensei Blue S
Mizuno 223 Nippon Modus 105s (5-GW)

Titleist Vokey 54*
Titleist Vokey Gunblue 58* M Grind, 58* Low Bounce K
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1.5 (2010), On the Bench: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

I do not like the look of these at all

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

On 5/24/2021 at 3:36 PM, th6252 said:

personally, i can't remember the exact differences in fit, but do remember the Tour X fitting a bit on the narrow side...not necessarily a narrow shoe though.  the zg21, in contrast, is a relatively wider fitting shoe.  From the little i remember of the tour x, it has a very stiff and stable feel underfoot which seems like it would lead to a solid transfer of power from the ground while the zg have a softer, more supple feel(particularly more so under the heal due to boost) but while still retaining a good amount of stability.  both solid shoes and comfy in their own ways.  just depends on the fit and feel you're going after.

Cheers. I'll go for comfort over very stiff as I much prefer to walk the course. Also, as I'm a sub-100mph speed, not sure I need all the Tour X added stability. The point about fit is interesting, as I have ultraboost running/walking shoes and they definitely fit quite snug around the toe. Not uncomfortable, just very very snug. Sounds like ZG21 does not need to go up a size if it's wider fitting.

8 hours ago, Poor Hacker said:

Cheers. I'll go for comfort over very stiff as I much prefer to walk the course. Also, as I'm a sub-100mph speed, not sure I need all the Tour X added stability. The point about fit is interesting, as I have ultraboost running/walking shoes and they definitely fit quite snug around the toe. Not uncomfortable, just very very snug. Sounds like ZG21 does not need to go up a size if it's wider fitting.

No, if anything with the zg, maybe even go down a half size.  Good luck!

On 5/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, Poor Hacker said:

Zg21 boa are wider then the lace up.. I take a 4 e in shoes and I can sorta fit in the boa.. where the lace is tight 

I got a pair of ZG21s. Personally think they're more comfortable than CodeChaos, but that's probably because they're a lighter material and a slightly roomier fit. I was pleasantly surprised how lightweight these are. Comfort-wise, for golf shoes, these are really good. The boost in the heel is nice, and as others have said, transitioning out of boost toward whatever the other midsole material is remains comfortable. 

I have wide feet. Normally wear an 11.5 in Adidas shoes, but an 11 wide would have worked just fine in these. Still glad I went with the 11.5 wide, though -- these run a little big but not quite half a size big, so it's sort of in-between on whether you size down vs. your normal Adidas size or not.

Only downside is, despite being relatively soft, the backs of these shoes rubbed a really nasty, bloody spot on the back of my right ankle. Unfortunately this happens with a lot of shoes for me, though (and always on my right ankle, specifically) -- it's not really the shoes' fault. 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide