Adidas Golf 2021

6 hours ago, tastywaves said:

Well got my zg21s a few days ago, played a full round yesterday and it was heel blister hell for me. I can try them again with different socks (played in swiftwicks) or some type of bandaid or padding, but I'm debating just returning them as I've never had this issue before. Seems like they've worked well for most people here and apart from the heel blisters, they felt fantastic. Definitely odd as my other pair of shoes are adidas 4orged spikeless and have been pain free since day 1

Have been wearing my ZG21's with Bombas golf socks - no issues with the heel or blisters.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

No blister issues with my ZG21 and bombas either.

Don't care for the looks of the CodeChaos shoes, but will try to snag a pair of Solarthons tomorrow.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

To echo the last two posts: played two rounds in ZG21 in good socks with tabs (Bombas and Balega), and had no issue.  

However:

1) I was riding, lessening the rub on the heel

2) Midway though both rounds, the very padded tongue had packed out a bit, and I retied both shoes a bit tighter.  Prior to that, had felt my feet slipping simply from being sweaty and looser then when I first tied them. 

So, 100% believe they could easily cause blisters, especially walking in less than ideal socks, and without maintaining the lace lightness throughout the round. 

For me though, I loved them- feels like a bit less cushion than Code Chaos / full boost, but the lighter weight and traction definitely made a difference. 

Edited by cookout14

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR

Titleist TSr2+ Ventus TR

Titleist TSr3 18 Ventus TR

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-6 | Tour 7-PW $-Taper

Mizuno T20 50/54/58 $-Taper

SC Phantom X 5.5 / Bettinardi Tour Exempt LN BB1

I see more people are having trouble with blisters on the zg21. If i wear them i have to tie them as tight as i can stand and wear higher socks. I just picked up a pair of the solarthons even tho i wish they had different colors. Hopefully i have better luck with these. 

Edited by Dannyboy44

1 hour ago, Dannyboy44 said:

I see more people are having trouble with blisters on the zg21. If i wear them i have to tie them as tight as i can stand and wear higher socks. I just picked up a pair of the solarthons even tho i wish they had different colors. Hopefully i have better luck with these. 

I bought as well.  Not sure if I'll keep them though.  I bought the CodeChaos 21 and I'm a fan of the look.  They fit great, but I'm a little worried that they are just as unbreathable as the ZG21.  If the upper looks more breathable on the Solarthon, then I'll keep those instead of the CodeChaos 21.  I'm aiming for a shoe I can wear on those hot, dry days.  The ZG21 is for all other conditions. 

If you can wait 2 weeks, on July 1st, 2 additional CWs are releasing for the Solarthon.  The grey/blue is just a limited launch CW:

Slightly darker grey upper with a speckled midsole:

585961.jpg

Black/gold.  I like the 2 tone upper on these:

585964.jpg

• Thanks 1

I feel like a clown. I put off the solarthon's for the Jordan 4 releases thinking in my head "no one is going to buy these so fast... the primeblue code chaos were available for months".... After taking an L on NDC, I took an L on adidas. Can't wait to see what my luck looks like on Friday on the course. FML...

TM Sim 10.5*|Nike Vapor Pro Fly 15* |Nike CPR 18* Wood

Srixon Z785 4-PW Modus 120|Nike Engage 50* Square|Nike Engage 54* Square|Nike Engage 60* Square

Nike Origin B2-01 35"

I got the Solarthon in hand.  

51254110635_291f243fa7_c.jpg

Solarthon_Primeblue_Limited-Edition_Spik

Good: 

The Boost does feel like an UltraBoost 19/20.  IMO, that's the most comfortable Boost sneaker ever made.  These are far more comfortable than both the ZG21 and CodeChaos 21.  

I put the CodeChaos and Solarthon of each foot and stood in front of a fan.  I would say the Solarthon is a little bit more breathable. 

With a non-stretchy upper and that added heel part, the heel lockdown is vastly improved.

Bad:

The tongue is completely attached to the upper, but it has a bunch of extra material.  It's great for easily getting your feet in and out of the shoe, but tying up the shoe can be tricky while tucking in the extra material. 

Ugly:

So one thing I noticed right away in the darker grey edges around the upper above the midsole.  Clearly that's for the waterproofing, but wasn't shown on any of the marketing materials.  It definitely gives the shoe a very different look.  The marketing pics showed white laces with alternate grey laces.  Mine came with grey laces and no additional laces.  

These are just aesthetics, but it's annoying to be shown one thing and be given something different.  

Weird?: 

The suede part on the tongue has an opening at the top held by velcro.  So you basically have a small pocket.  Not really ideal for a ball marker or tees as the laces go right over the pocket.  Maybe to hide your weed?

Ultimately, I'm keeping them and sending the CodeChaos back.  The higher comfort and breathability wins for me.   

Edited by areksoo25
  • Like 1

Let us know about traction when you can 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I think they look great.  Better than CodeChaos. If it wasn’t for their comfort, I wouldn’t have bought them last year.   I really don’t care for this years look.   Won’t buy them.   I like the blue boost sole because it won’t show dirt as bad.   That’s the only problem I have with boost.  

4 minutes ago, cleverprimate24 said:

I was bummed when the Solarthons sold out so quick, but relived to hear they're releasing more in multiple colorways. 

I need some new Boost walking shoes, my Crossknit DPR's are beat to h*** and my  Tour360 XT-SL Spikeless Textile look sweet, but are uncomfortable for a Boost shoe. 

How are the DPR? I hate the color ways but they felt great in store. I worried about traction which looks like the same as solarthons? They seemed the closest thing to ultraboost before these

Edited by Minarets

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

How are the DPR? I hate the color ways but they felt great in store. I worried about traction which looks like the same as solarthons? They seemed the closest thing to ultraboost before these

The DPR's are extremely comfortable for golf shoes, I wouldn't put them in the same tier as Ultraboosts though. I'm with you on the color ways though, pretty bad all around. I have the navy, but I would much rather have a light neutral color. Grey with black accents or something like that. 

• Like 1

They look comfy.  I think they look better with the white laces pictured.   But agree the grey waterproof ring around the shoe looks worse than the press pics. 

21 minutes ago, Minarets said:

They look comfy.  I think they look better with the white laces pictured.   But agree the grey waterproof ring around the shoe looks worse than the press pics. 

they never came with extra laces but did get cool shoe bag. Also if you notice in pic on blue bottom theres a spot that connects to mesh that doesnt look colored, kind of sloppy looking but im extremely picky maybe its supose to be that way 

9B0A535A-669C-4008-9A12-EAE61F4C0966.jpeg

08C214A7-4FCA-4074-A873-6A5D2485349D.jpeg

Edited by Dannyboy44
  • Like 1

Any feedback on the waterproof-ness of the Solarthon?

Definitely looking for a new pair of the most comfortable shoes for walking I can find but I play enough early morning rounds with heavy dew / fresh watering that I've been very regretful of past models that haven't had good waterproofing. 

Basedvon comfort I think I want either the Solarthon or the new CC21 (over the ZG21s)... sounds like comfort on Solarthon is better just worried about the waterproofing. 

Extra Butter X Adidas collab for the 25th Anniversary of Happy Gilmore (I feel old)

https://sneakernews.com/2021/06/17/extra-butter-happy-gilmore-adidas-golf-release-date/

extra-butter-adidas-happy-gilmore-chubbs

The only confirmed site that this stuff is launching is Extra Butter https://extrabutterny.com/.  I hope they launch some of the merch on the adidas websites.  There's a lot here.  UB 1.0 shoes (not golf version), Boost slides and ZG21 with lots of clothing options.  On top of that, there's Asher Golf gloves, Vice golf balls, Seamus head covers, and even Phat Scooters..... and maybe a hockey stick putter?

Personally, I want the ZG21 with the gator print and the baby blue shirt and towel.  

• Haha 1

Update after walking 18 yesterday with Solarthon is that they are incredibly comfortable.  I hope they make a white pair cause I’d buy multiple to keep. 

Grass was a little wet to start the day and no issues at all with slip or wet. 

Definitely a keeper with Solarthon and glad to have the full boost back! 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Anser said:

Got these yesterday because I have some from last year and like them. I'm normally in need of wide but these fit in standard.  

20210619_112707.jpg

Looking forward to feedback on these.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 6/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, areksoo25 said:

I got the Solarthon in hand.  

51254110635_291f243fa7_c.jpg

Solarthon_Primeblue_Limited-Edition_Spik

Good: 

The Boost does feel like an UltraBoost 19/20.  IMO, that's the most comfortable Boost sneaker ever made.  These are far more comfortable than both the ZG21 and CodeChaos 21.  

I put the CodeChaos and Solarthon of each foot and stood in front of a fan.  I would say the Solarthon is a little bit more breathable. 

With a non-stretchy upper and that added heel part, the heel lockdown is vastly improved.

Bad:

The tongue is completely attached to the upper, but it has a bunch of extra material.  It's great for easily getting your feet in and out of the shoe, but tying up the shoe can be tricky while tucking in the extra material. 

Ugly:

So one thing I noticed right away in the darker grey edges around the upper above the midsole.  Clearly that's for the waterproofing, but wasn't shown on any of the marketing materials.  It definitely gives the shoe a very different look.  The marketing pics showed white laces with alternate grey laces.  Mine came with grey laces and no additional laces.  

These are just aesthetics, but it's annoying to be shown one thing and be given something different.  

Weird?: 

The suede part on the tongue has an opening at the top held by velcro.  So you basically have a small pocket.  Not really ideal for a ball marker or tees as the laces go right over the pocket.  Maybe to hide your weed?

Ultimately, I'm keeping them and sending the CodeChaos back.  The higher comfort and breathability wins for me.   

The line about standing in front of a fan testing breathability is pretty GolfWRX insane.

Regardless, Adidas has been doing a bit of cheating in its marketing imagery for a while with their more athletic/fabric shoes. They're always minimizing or not including their waterproof plastic bumper around the toe box. They did it with the 360s years ago, CodeChaos last year, and now these Solarthons. 

All golf shoe companies seem to be having challenges making sneaker-style golf shoes AND making them waterproof AND making them breathable. (Technology-wise, waterproof AND breathable is near impossible). One solution are these waterproof coating bumpers. Another is doing a plastic upper, like the ZG21, the old AdiZeros, the Nike Air Max 90s. I just can't stand this method, as they look...plastic-y, with bad fake cloth textures, like Barbie shoes, which is hard to stomach for $120, $175, $200. The best solution so far for me is the Nike Zero Infinity Tours, with a cool fabric woven upper with a flexible clear plastic coating. Great running shoe look, but still waterproof.

Love these. Super super comfortable and look great. The sneaker bag is a nice touch. All I've wanted lately is a sneaker golf shoe that isn't too big of a compromise.

Footjoy Hyperflex - really comfy, great stability, a little ugly on foot for me.

Nike ZIT - I have a 2021 pair in wide which is a lot better than the previous releases, but the lateral stability isn't great and they're very narrow fitting.

Hopefully these Solarthons are the ones I've been waiting for. Once I play a round I'll know for sure. I ordered my TTS and 1/2 size up, and the TTS is the winner.

IMG_3045.jpg

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I wish Adidas would release the all white ZG21 that Colin Morikawa wears on the regular.  Most comfortable shoe they have out right now, but they need more/better colorways.  

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

Vokey SM9 (5012F, 5614F, 608M)

Odyssey AI-One double wide DB

16 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Love these. Super super comfortable and look great. The sneaker bag is a nice touch. All I've wanted lately is a sneaker golf shoe that isn't too big of a compromise.

Footjoy Hyperflex - really comfy, great stability, a little ugly on foot for me.

Nike ZIT - I have a 2021 pair in wide which is a lot better than the previous releases, but the lateral stability isn't great and they're very narrow fitting.

Hopefully these Solarthons are the ones I've been waiting for. Once I play a round I'll know for sure. I ordered my TTS and 1/2 size up, and the TTS is the winner.

IMG_3045.jpg

I did the same.  Ordered 12 and 13 (as there's no 12.5).  Generally, Ultraboost sneakers are recommended going up half a size and 13 is perfectly fine for me in most Ultraboost.  However, I would agree with the sizing.  Going TTS worked for me.  12 fits perfect and 13 is heading back to adidas.... good news for anyone looking in Canada as size 13 is sold out.

I got 2 rounds in.  Both rounds had a chance of rain, but barely drizzled.  So I can't comment about the waterproofing, but the comfort has been solid.

7 hours ago, JSSPRADLIN said:

I wish Adidas would release the all white ZG21 that Colin Morikawa wears on the regular.  Most comfortable shoe they have out right now, but they need more/better colorways.  

I've only seen Morikawa wear these.  It was one of the 3 launch colorways.  

GettyImages-1295691628.jpg

ZG21_Golf_Shoes_White_FW5545_01_standard

There is an all white colorway in the Happy Gilmore Extrabutter collab, but will likely sellout fast.  

extra-butter-adidas-happy-gilmore-chubbs

Edited by areksoo25