Well, alrighty then Jumbomax...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I got to the range, I was like - f*** I hope nobody sees me with these ridiculous a** grips.   Half hour later I was looking around, tempted to tell people to pull up a chair and enjoy

Threw a Jumbomax Tour XL on the bang stick... will be ordering the rest tonight 😂

This guy and his "carpet don't match the drapes" drama    Tiger only cared about that stuff OFF the golf course

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Hack Daddy said:

Threw a Jumbomax Tour XL on the bang stick... will be ordering the rest tonight 😂

IMG_20201012_172304_Bokeh__01.jpg

Wow that’s awesome. Keep us posted when you switch your other clubs. 

• Like 1

TS3 8.5 Ventus Blue 7x or ZF 60TX

Ping G410 17 degree Ventus Blue 9x

Callaway UT 21 bent to 19 KBS Proto 105X

T100S 1 degree weak 4-PW Project X 7.0

SM8 50 Project X 6.5 
SM7 54 Project X 6.5 

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60 Project X 6.5

Piretti Cottonwood II or Scotty Newport 2 w/ Stability Shaft

Srixon XV 

4 minutes ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Wow that’s awesome. Keep us posted when you switch your other clubs. 

I did driver, 3W, 8i, and lob. 

Will be doing the rest tomorrow. I was legitimately skeptical, so I only bought four. I'm never going back, well, as long as JM is still around. Crazy results. Also, amd I hate to over emphasize this - they are ridiculously comfortable.  

Edit: only thing is, i need to work on ball placement w the lob. Other than that, amazing. 

Edited by Hack Daddy

Rogue Draw Rogue Silver 70g
Cobra Bio Cell 3W Rogue Black 80g
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
B330

1 hour ago, bunta said:

@Hack Daddy Tell us more about this thing..besides the obvious monstrosity that it is.. did you have to adjust your swing at all ?? 

I was very undecided between the tour and the ultralight for that very reason. But got a deal on these tours. Double the weight, but as crazy as it sounds, it wasn't too bad. I have 20g hotmelt in driver, 18g lead tape on 3w, and 14g brass ferrules on irons. This with modus 130X +2"

Yes, you're right - monstrosities. Lmao.

Edit: thought you said swingweight. Adjust swing - yeah, I swing for the fences now amd it goes straight and 20 yards further. 

Edited by Hack Daddy
  • Haha 1

B330

11 minutes ago, Hack Daddy said:

I did driver, 3W, 8i, and lob. 

Will be doing the rest tomorrow. I was legitimately skeptical, so I only bought four. I'm never going back, well, as long as JM is still around. Crazy results. Also, amd I hate to over emphasize this - they are ridiculously comfortable.  

Edit: only thing is, i need to work on ball placement w the lob. Other than that, amazing. 

How do they feel compared to a Dri-Tac? 

21 minutes ago, boggyman said:

How do they feel compared to a Dri-Tac? 

Way tackier. I went to my LGS on three different occasions for the feel test. Passed each time; and i know exactly what you mean with the dri-tacs. Night and day difference. Matter of fact, I tried to show my wife how big they were compared to standardized grips, and she grabs it and says - "Are you trying to show me how sticky they are?" As for longevity... Yet to be seen. But I grip like 50% less than what my normal pressure is/was. So...🤷 We'll see.

• Like 1

B330

20 minutes ago, Hack Daddy said:

Way tackier. I went to my LGS on three different occasions for the feel test. Passed each time; and i know exactly what you mean with the dri-tacs. Night and day difference. Matter of fact, I tried to show my wife how big they were compared to standardized grips, and she grabs it and says - "Are you trying to show me how sticky they are?" As for longevity... Yet to be seen. But I grip like 50% less than what my normal pressure is/was. So...🤷 We'll see.

Appreciate it!

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

Tac is fine on these......I just couldn't make any size in these work for me.

Other than on driver......thats the one club where I can play jumbomax

I had to play around with ball position a little w the 8 and lob. But once I figured I needed to move everything up, I was smoking the ball.  I usually play a draw, amd have a nasty hook miss. These allowed me to play the ball a little more neutral and go straight at a target. 

Edited by Hack Daddy
  • Like 1

B330

29 minutes ago, Hack Daddy said:

I had to play around with ball position a little w the 8 and lob. But once I figured I needed to move everything up, I was smoking the ball.  I usually play a draw, amd have a nasty hook miss. These allowed me to play the ball a little more neutral and go straight at a target. 

XL will definitely stop a hook as a miss......especially if you strangle driver

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

4 hours ago, Hack Daddy said:

They’re awesome, I’d recommend getting one of the ultralights as well. They weigh the same as normal jumbos, but I only have the ultras on my fairway woods.

A couple months ago when I first put them on, my only thoughts after pounding the driver was “Bryson is a genius “

• Like 1

I've been promoting these for over a year now. By far the best equipment move I have ever made. I too started with the "Tour" version but about 6 months or so ago swapped to the Ultralights in XL. After swinging my clubs 2 other guys in my group have swapped as well.

Absolute game changer!!!!!

• Like 1

DRIVER -    Taylor Made Sim Max 10.5* | Mitsubishi Tensei Red Regular
3 WD -        Taylor Made Sim Max 14* | Ventus Red Regular 
HYBRIDS-   PXG Gen 2 -  2/3/4 | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
IRONS -       PXG Gen 3 -  0311XP 5 - GW | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
WEDGES -  Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX XL Ultralight grips on ALL 
PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
BALLS -       Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

I've been experimenting with the JumboMax grips too.

I started with a Tour "medium" on my driver, and that was enough for me to order a few more. Then I tried the Ultralights to compare, but ended up preferring the Tours. The extra weight seems to help my transition.

Now, I'm trying to narrow down the best size for me.  I've had medium, small and extra small, all Tour models, to see which size fits my Cadet ML hands.  All feel better than regular rubber grips.  

For the past 10 years, I'd been putting an extra 4-5 wraps under the right hand area on rubber grips or was using the "Plus 4" size grips. 

I must admit that the JumboMax's feel much better and give me a subtle reminder not to choke the grip.  I've spent quite a bit of ca$h, but feel that it will be well spent.

The only negative about the grips is the size in my stand bag - I have a nice Sun Mountain Tour Series non-stand bag that I may start using to eliminate the tangle-issue.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

I've been promoting these for over a year now. By far the best equipment move I have ever made. I too started with the "Tour" version but about 6 months or so ago swapped to the Ultralights in XL. After swinging my clubs 2 other guys in my group have swapped as well.

Absolute game changer!!!!!

Agreed. I sent the pic to my regular partner (who was clowning me), and I KNOW he's thinking about trying them out now 😂

21 minutes ago, dbleag said:

I've been experimenting with the JumboMax grips too.

I started with a Tour "medium" on my driver, and that was enough for me to order a few more. Then I tried the Ultralights to compare, but ended up preferring the Tours. The extra weight seems to help my transition.

Now, I'm trying to narrow down the best size for me.  I've had medium, small and extra small, all Tour models, to see which size fits my Cadet ML hands.  All feel better than regular rubber grips.  

For the past 10 years, I'd been putting an extra 4-5 wraps under the right hand area on rubber grips or was using the "Plus 4" size grips. 

I must admit that the JumboMax's feel much better and give me a subtle reminder not to choke the grip.  I've spent quite a bit of ca$h, but feel that it will be well spent.

The only negative about the grips is the size in my stand bag - I have a nice Sun Mountain Tour Series non-stand bag that I may start using to eliminate the tangle-issue.

This has been on my mind today; trying to decide I'm going to make a bag switch. I have an OUUL stand, and I can barley even get them in. Will update if I switch. 

B330

I have never worn a glove but if I did it would be a large. To be honest with you I wouldn't even go by that anyway. I just love the feel of the XL's and seriously doubt my glove size would put me in them. Just for reference though I have been swinging the DeChambeau 1-plane swing now for a little over a year, so I put the grips in the palm of my hand and not the fingers. SO MUCH MORE CONTROL!!

Since I started this method my hcp has gone from a "stuck at 12ish" to currently a 6.0 and very steady. Now my worst rounds are in the low 80's and my best around 74-75ish.

• Like 2

PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 

13 hours ago, 000 said:

@SEP1006 @Hack Daddy

Since you guys use XL - what hand size do yo have? What size gloves have you been using, or....hand length if you measure from tip of middle finger to wrist?

For most part Cadet XL or XXL

Started with Ultralite XL then went to M - I really had to pay attention noticing a size difference between the two. 

What I found - I was just throwing my right hand at the ball with JumboMax. 

I've since settled on Sonar+ oversize on my driver & midsize on all the rest

Good Luck.....as JumboMax can be game changers.

• Like 1

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

14 hours ago, 000 said:

@SEP1006 @Hack Daddy

Since you guys use XL - what hand size do yo have? What size gloves have you been using, or....hand length if you measure from tip of middle finger to wrist?

2 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

I have never worn a glove but if I did it would be a large. To be honest with you I wouldn't even go by that anyway. I just love the feel of the XL's and seriously doubt my glove size would put me in them. Just for reference though I have been swinging the DeChambeau 1-plane swing now for a little over a year, so I put the grips in the palm of my hand and not the fingers. SO MUCH MORE CONTROL!!

Since I started this method my hcp has gone from a "stuck at 12ish" to currently a 6.0 and very steady. Now my worst rounds are in the low 80's and my best around 74-75ish.

To add to this - I'm between a L and XL. But I figured if I'm going to get these grips, might as well go all the way. Glad I did. 

I don't use single plane, but it's still a significant upgrade to my traditional swing plane. 

B330

I can see how the bag size could easily be an issue. I have always had a Staff Bag since I started playing golf. Don't walk, don't ever plan on walking and have always liked the extra room. 

• Like 1

PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 

1 minute ago, 000 said:

Thanks all for the comments on sizing. I generally wear L gloves but wouldn't fit in an XL. Am going to try the XL grips first, install probably 3 of them, driver-7i-wedge, and go from there. Should be easy to resell individually if it came to that. 

Awesome, be sure and let us know how great they worked out for you!!!!!!

• Like 1

PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 

33 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

I can see how the bag size could easily be an issue. I have always had a Staff Bag since I started playing golf. Don't walk, don't ever plan on walking and have always liked the extra room. 

I originally figured I'd have a bag issue. But when i stood the my bag up, as it would be in a cart, they fit with no issues; in or out. And that's with an Ouul lightweight stand bag. 

29 minutes ago, 000 said:

Thanks all for the comments on sizing. I generally wear L gloves but wouldn't fit in an XL. Am going to try the XL grips first, install probably 3 of them, driver-7i-wedge, and go from there. Should be easy to resell individually if it came to that. 

Let us know how you like them. Again, I was prob one of the most skeptical - totally changed my mind. I can swing driver like a baseball bat now, lol. It totally makes sense how BDC is swinging out of hos shoes, with relatively little in terms of off-line shots. Well, relatively speaking, considering if you try that same sequence with a traditional grip. 

B330

On 10/12/2020 at 8:16 PM, Hack Daddy said:

Are you suggesting that a grip can make you hit the center of the clubface if you aren't a good ball striker? 

Titleist TSi3 w/Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/VA Nemesys 75

Titleist TSi2 21 degreee w/VA Nemesys 75
4-PW Titleist T200 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff @3/4" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff @3/4" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour