Well, alrighty then Jumbomax...

Hack Daddy

6 hours ago, liveagua said:

Are you suggesting that a grip can make you hit the center of the clubface if you aren't a good ball striker? 

No, what I'm saying is - I'm a terrible ball striker with "standardized/traditional" golf grips. 

1 hour ago, Flat4Boxer said:

Ok, this has piqued my interest. What is the offset to the clubhead needed for the weight change to the grip end?

They all weight about double what a traditional grip weights, EXCEPT the ultralights. Those actually weigh a few grams less than traditional grips. Purchase according based on your sensitivity to SW changes. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

2 hours ago, Flat4Boxer said:

I run the MCC +4's so this is perfect!  Thanks!

I think these grips are an especially good move for people that are already running +4's. But I truly think most can benefit. 

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

5 hours ago, aaronpoling said:

I just replaced my whole set with JumboMax SM (tour), I tried many different grip sizes and decided on the SM.

Played a round with them last week. Wow! I have some work to do on my swing, but they felt great! Strongly recommend. The only problem is getting them in and out of my bag.

What size conventional grip did you use prior to the jumbomax?

So far I've put a set of wrap style mediums on some JPX 900 tours, some small tours on some mp20s and some medium ultralites on a new set of honma tw x's.  A small tour on the driver and it really works well for me...wear a ML glove.

The thing about the heavier tours is that they do stiffen the butt of the shaft so be aware a little bit.

Edited by hardpan1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ProjectX_Mizuno said:

Seems the ultralights in medium are sold out everywhere! 

Store had to special order mine. Good luck 😂

10 hours ago, Colej said:

Another question: 

I’ve always used a overlapping grip, since switching to Jumbomax, are you guys using a 10 finger grip? 

I use interlocking. Still no issues even using XL size. So I'll dare extrapolate and say you'll be just fine. 👍

• Like 1

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

I'd love for someone to weigh-in on the swingweight issue. I know @Hack Daddy mentioned it briefly, but I'm hoping someone may be able to expand a bit more. Specifically, I'm considering the Tour XL's (the UltraLight's could work, but the color scheme on the Tour XL's is much more to my liking, as petty as that may be). My current grips weigh 56 grams, or 66 grams less than the Tour XL's. Per standard swingweighting calcs, all else being equal, my clubs should go from D7 to C3 based on this extra weight. I'm not going to say I'm the most sensitive to swingweights, but I imagine the difference between D7 and C3 would be relatively noticeable.

Has anyone switched out to the Tour XL's (or any other Tour grip) without adding weight to the club heads, and if so, how significant was the feel difference?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

18 hours ago, Colej said:

Another question: 

I’ve always used a overlapping grip, since switching to Jumbomax, are you guys using a 10 finger grip? 

Interlocking here as well with the XL's, no issues at all.

27 minutes ago, Philomathesq said:

I'd love for someone to weigh-in on the swingweight issue. I know @Hack Daddy mentioned it briefly, but I'm hoping someone may be able to expand a bit more. Specifically, I'm considering the Tour XL's (the UltraLight's could work, but the color scheme on the Tour XL's is much more to my liking, as petty as that may be). My current grips weigh 56 grams, or 66 grams less than the Tour XL's. Per standard swingweighting calcs, all else being equal, my clubs should go from D7 to C3 based on this extra weight. I'm not going to say I'm the most sensitive to swingweights, but I imagine the difference between D7 and C3 would be relatively noticeable.

Has anyone switched out to the Tour XL's (or any other Tour grip) without adding weight to the club heads, and if so, how significant was the feel difference?

Probably not exactly the person you want to answer this but.........

I am definitely not a fitter but I played the Jumbomax Tours for probably a couple of months before swapping to the Ultralights. No change in performance or feel for me. I swapped solely for the same reason as you but opposite. I like the looks of the Ultralights better than the Tours.

• Like 2

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

2 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

Interlocking here as well with the XL's, no issues at all.

Probably not exactly the person you want to answer this but.........

I am definitely not a fitter but I played the Jumbomax Tours for probably a couple of months before swapping to the Ultralights. No change in performance or feel for me. I swapped solely for the same reason as you but opposite. I like the looks of the Ultralights better than the Tours.

That's helpful information. I know it's a silly reason (color choice, that is), but I recently just built a new set of clubs using neon-ish yellow shafts and neon green ferrules. As such, the neon green and black of the Tour's is much preferred over the red/white/blue color scheme of the Ultralites.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"

51 minutes ago, Philomathesq said:

That's helpful information. I know it's a silly reason (color choice, that is), but I recently just built a new set of clubs using neon-ish yellow shafts and neon green ferrules. As such, the neon green and black of the Tour's is much preferred over the red/white/blue color scheme of the Ultralites.

This guy and his "carpet don't match the drapes" drama 

Tiger only cared about that stuff OFF the golf course

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

12 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

This guy and his "carpet don't match the drapes" drama 

Tiger only cared about that stuff OFF the golf course

To be accurate, I don't think Tiger cared about carpets matching drapes off the golf course, he just wanted to park in whatever garage he could find, regardless of whether that garage was at Perkins or a nightclub.

• Haha 2

On 10/15/2020 at 4:47 AM, Colej said:

What size conventional grip did you use prior to the jumbomax?

For my irons, I had the standard Ping grips on the G25, with my woods M2 driver and F7 fairways woods, standard grips that came with them.

My summer Covid experiment was to purchase a bunch of G25 7irons and sample the grips. I tried the JumboMax XS, SM and MED, and settled on the SM. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Philomathesq said:

I used the Tour SM, so not as much weight as the XL. I don’t really pay attention to SW, as it is a calculation to achieve across all clubs to make them feel similar across the set.
I will say that while the weight increased on the clubs, they actually felt lighter when swinging because it gave it more of a counterbalance. I did not add any additional weight to the heads.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, COmedic said:

Anybody notice a change in loft with their driver? I’m throwing one on and am usually between one to two clicks down from 10.5. Curious if these seem to encourage a little more loft or a little less

No difference on my end. Same ball flight and trajectory, dispersion was definitely better!!!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 1:15 AM, dbleag said:

I've been experimenting with the JumboMax grips too.

I started with a Tour "medium" on my driver, and that was enough for me to order a few more. Then I tried the Ultralights to compare, but ended up preferring the Tours. The extra weight seems to help my transition.

Now, I'm trying to narrow down the best size for me.  I've had medium, small and extra small, all Tour models, to see which size fits my Cadet ML hands.  All feel better than regular rubber grips.  

For the past 10 years, I'd been putting an extra 4-5 wraps under the right hand area on rubber grips or was using the "Plus 4" size grips. 

I must admit that the JumboMax's feel much better and give me a subtle reminder not to choke the grip.  I've spent quite a bit of ca$h, but feel that it will be well spent.

The only negative about the grips is the size in my stand bag - I have a nice Sun Mountain Tour Series non-stand bag that I may start using to eliminate the tangle-issue.

How is the grip durability? Thanks

Durability, for me in Florida, is great.  The only issue I have so far, is with them fitting in my golf bag.  That's why I'm trying the XS Tours - and they seem to be much easier to put in and take out of my stand bag.

As far as weight/swing weight is concerned, I previously used MCC+4's or manually built up by grips with +5 wraps under the right hand only.  I never worried about swing weight issues with either one, and I don't worry about it with the JumboMax Tours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, enduro said:

Can the Jumbomax grips be installed and removed by air?

Yes. I just installed a few this weekend with air. They were a little stubborn at first, but they went on relatively easy after the initial trouble.

Caveat: I installed the Ultralites, so I can't comment on how easy/hard it is to blow on any other model. 

I used air for both the Tour's and the Ultralights, no issues with either.

1 hour ago, jsn said:

FWIW I put some on as a trial with my air compressor and they all (driver, irons) wanted to slide off after a few swings. You probably still need to throw some tape on the shaft or something to keep them in place.

I use the 2" wide medical tape like they wrap ankles with. I think the texture definitely helps with keeping the grips in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SEP1006 said:

I use the 2" wide medical tape like they wrap ankles with. I think the texture definitely helps with keeping the grips in place.

When I blew them on, I used standard blue painters tape and sprayed it with grip solvent to make sliding it on easier. I didn't have any issues with slippage.