Well, alrighty then Jumbomax...

Hack Daddy

18 minutes ago, COmedic said:

Bought a medium ultralight for my driver. I am definitely more accurate so far, not a single hook in a couple rounds and more fairways than I’ve had in a while. I would also say I’m a few yards shorter with it than normal +4 grip. So far it’s been a good trade off but not sure if it’ll stay or not.

Are you hitting it a smidge higher on the face. The only thing I've found is I'm getting consistent center contact, a little higher. 

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

16 minutes ago, Hack Daddy said:

Are you hitting it a smidge higher on the face. The only thing I've found is I'm getting consistent center contact, a little higher. 

Great point, I’m not sure. I feel like it’s been more from hands unable to release. I’ll have to try a little spray and see if that may be the case.

• Like 1

are you all changing your swing, grip etc at all with these or just keeping everything the same except for the grip?  Really interested in all of this.  A buddy has them on his irons and I haven't really thought much about it.  I'll be hitting his irons some on Thursday to try out the feel of the grips.  Appreciate any insights.    ok I worded that poorly.  changing the way you grip the club or how you swing it?   Thanks

Edited by larryd3

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311 P w/accra  5-gap 
54* & 58* PXG Forged
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

3 minutes ago, larryd3 said:

are you all changing your swing, grip etc at all with these or just keeping everything the same except for the grip?  Really interested in all of this.  A buddy has them on his irons and I haven't really thought much about it.  I'll be hitting his irons some on Thursday to try out the feel of the grips.  Appreciate any insights.    ok I worded that poorly.  changing the way you grip the club or how you swing it?   Thanks

Not really I find they help me from having a closed club face at impact by being less handsy. Which is/was my miss.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, larryd3 said:

I started using the Jumbomax at the same time I swapped to the DeChambeau 1-plane swing. Still inter-lock and didn't lose any distance at all. Actually picked up 5 - 8 yards throughout the bag. I'm sure most of it was the swing change but I really believe the dispersion is WAY BETTER because of the grips.

• Like 3

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   DF 3.0 w/Accra
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Has anyone had any success reaching out to JumboMax? I received a sample pack this morning and, unfortunately, they sent the wrong grips (the shipping manifest and my order show the grips that were supposed to be sent, but the actual grips are wrong). I emailed them this morning and have called them to no avail (every call goes to voicemail). I understand that it is Corona-times, but I was really hoping to have grips to install and use this weekend, which appears to be out of the question at this point given that it's Wednesday afternoon and they use two-day shipping.

If you have any insights on how to get in touch with them (aside from the email address and phone number listed on their website), please let me know.

Thanks.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

26 minutes ago, Philomathesq said:

Has anyone had any success reaching out to JumboMax? I received a sample pack this morning and, unfortunately, they sent the wrong grips (the shipping manifest and my order show the grips that were supposed to be sent, but the actual grips are wrong). I emailed them this morning and have called them to no avail (every call goes to voicemail). I understand that it is Corona-times, but I was really hoping to have grips to install and use this weekend, which appears to be out of the question at this point given that it's Wednesday afternoon and they use two-day shipping.

If you have any insights on how to get in touch with them (aside from the email address and phone number listed on their website), please let me know.

Thanks.

Try instagram. They're active on there, amd you cam prob shoot them a message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

After randomly watching the TXG vid on these, figured I'd give 'em a go. Of course, all the UltraLights are out-of-stock everywhere (thanks, Bryson!) so just got one of the Large Tour ones from Roger Dunn. FWIW, I wear a Cadet M glove.

Put it on a 7-iron from one of the random old sets I have sitting around and ... WOW. It's all but eliminated my typical left miss. I can still put a little easy draw on it but those occasional pull-hooks; not a single one from a whole large bucket at the range. 

Really wanna try the UltraLights before making a final dive into re-gripping the whole set since it's not exactly a cheap endeavor but dang. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

59 minutes ago, dbleag said:

I know there's a considerable number of INSTRUCTORS/TEACHERS on the site and would love to hear their opinion on JumboMax grips.

Hard pass. 

• Like 2

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

I spent a good bit of time at the range today trying out the Ultralite Medium, Tour Medium, Tour Large, and Tour XL. Bottom Line: I just bought a full set of Tour XL's. 

I normally play GripMaster leather grips, which I still love. But, the JumboMax feel so much better in my hands and my contact was definitely improved. And, my ball flight with the JumboMax is perfectly neutral. Despite this, I was able to fade and draw the ball, though it did take more effort than it normally takes. 

As far as differences between the grips, there isn't much other than feel, at least to me. I don't wear gloves anymore, but when I did, I wore an XL. The XL JumboMax feel the best to me. I definitely felt a difference in swingweight between the Tours and Ultralites, and the Tours definitely feel heavier. But, that was definitely to my liking. I didn't notice much difference between the Medium and Large, or the Large and XL. But, I did notice a difference between the Medium and XL's. My suggestion is to get a sample pack with a Medium and XL so you can see which works best for you. 

• Like 3

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

42 minutes ago, Philomathesq said:

I spent a good bit of time at the range today trying out the Ultralite Medium, Tour Medium, Tour Large, and Tour XL. Bottom Line: I just bought a full set of Tour XL's. 

I normally play GripMaster leather grips, which I still love. But, the JumboMax feel so much better in my hands and my contact was definitely improved. And, my ball flight with the JumboMax is perfectly neutral. Despite this, I was able to fade and draw the ball, though it did take more effort than it normally takes. 

As far as differences between the grips, there isn't much other than feel, at least to me. I don't wear gloves anymore, but when I did, I wore an XL. The XL JumboMax feel the best to me. I definitely felt a difference in swingweight between the Tours and Ultralites, and the Tours definitely feel heavier. But, that was definitely to my liking. I didn't notice much difference between the Medium and Large, or the Large and XL. But, I did notice a difference between the Medium and XL's. My suggestion is to get a sample pack with a Medium and XL so you can see which works best for you. 

You basically summed up what I tell most people - if you're gonna go big, just go big and get the XL. 

Glad to hear your success, my friend.

• Like 2

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

21 hours ago, Hack Daddy said:

You basically summed up what I tell most people - if you're gonna go big, just go big and get the XL. 

Glad to hear your success, my friend.

Same here, XL's all the way!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 5:22 PM, aenemated said:

............Of course, all the UltraLights are out-of-stock everywhere (thanks, Bryson!) 

The Jumbomax website had all UltraLight sizes in stock this morning (Nov 1) so I ordered some more in different sizes to play around with. 

Since putting the XL on my driver as a test, it's been money. Easier for me to control the face and I have more confidence when I'm up on the teebox.  My regular playing partner asked to hit mine today during the round and he was sold right away. YMMV but these things just work for me.

• Like 2

The saga continues. Finally got my hands on an UltraLight this week. And in a fit of madness, put it on my driver (formerly had a TV Midsize). 

I meant to get over to the range today to give it a go but never did ... and we're playing my favorite course tomorrow for the first time since February. Trial by fire indeed. 

And all's I'm sayin is ... if I split the fairway on 14 ... I'm buying the whole company. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, aenemated said:

The saga continues. Finally got my hands on an UltraLight this week. And in a fit of madness, put it on my driver (formerly had a TV Midsize). 

I meant to get over to the range today to give it a go but never did ... and we're playing my favorite course tomorrow for the first time since February. Trial by fire indeed. 

And all's I'm sayin is ... if I split the fairway on 14 ... I'm buying the whole company. 🤣

Patiently waiting to here how happy you were with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ok, I've now gone past the 'I coulda bought a Scotty' on these grips 🙂  Already have some wrap ms on a set of jpx tours and have the small tours on my mp20's but thought I'd try the ultralites on my new honma tw-x's...4 rounds and plenty of range time and I just didn't like them...put the small tours on today and I'm really liking that extra weight in the hands...I guess "swing the handle" will be my mantra.  Bless you Eddie Merrins 🙂 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, SEP1006 said:

Patiently waiting to here how happy you were with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, turns out yesterday was just about the worst possible day for a totally objective experiment ... because Southern California was overrun with insane wind. Something like 25mph sustained and 30mph+ gusts. In 30 years, I've NEVER played in wind like that.

There were some takeaways though! 

Just gripping them without thinking about it; they tend to influence a more neutral grip for me (which I suppose it probably the point). I've always been a bit on the stronger side - not CRAZY strong ... like a knuckle-and-a-half. This was actually helpful with the 7-iron I gave 'em a whirl with a couple weeks ago on the range (but I also find it hard to REALLY know how on line I am at a wide open range). With driver, it did seem to amplify a left-to-right shape ... but this was also hugely influenced by the wind so for all I know, in normal conditions they could have been a nice little fade. I did eventually specifically strengthen my grip a bit and was making killer contact ... but it was actually physically uncomfortable to grip it in such a way. Like borderline painful. 

So my current thoughts are ... jury's still out. Also thinking maybe medium is a bit TOO big but I'm not going to switch it out to try the small just yet. 

Should be easy to get over to the range this week and give it a go in - ideally - less insane conditions. I WILL say that when we got to 18 - a long par 5 with an absolutely enormous landing area - we were all so over the conditions (it was getting freakin cold at this point too), we basically treated it as a long drive competition. Wind at this point was left to right and helping, so I lined up basically dead on OOB left and hit it as hard as I could ... and watched as it turned out to be the single best drive I've ever hit on that hole. Wind, of course, in my favor but I'm never letting my homey that routinely gets me by 10-20 yards forget being 30 behind me. 🤣

Why anyone would use the heavy tour ones instead of ultralites is beyond me. Here.... have some extra static weight that makes it harder to feel the club head

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

40 minutes ago, extrastiff said:

Why anyone would use the heavy tour ones instead of ultralites is beyond me. Here.... have some extra static weight that makes it harder to feel the club head

I'm running modus 130X +2" with 14g brass ferrules and XL tours. 

I'm 6'3" 220; the former baseball player in me is over the moon with the weight. My driver is 70g tipped 1", +2" and 20g hot melt in the head. 

• Like 2

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

1 hour ago, Hack Daddy said:

I'm running modus 130X +2" with 14g brass ferrules and XL tours. 

I'm 6'3" 220; the former baseball player in me is over the moon with the weight. My driver is 70g tipped 1", +2" and 20g hot melt in the head. 

I’d love to see your driver numbers! 

I get the weight, but I’m bout same size as u and really benefit from the heavy swingweight also. Just a thought, there’s a way to keep the weight with even more speed due to club head mass increase and swingweight increasing. With the +2 I def understand that offsets some of the counter weight tho thanks for the reply

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

3 hours ago, extrastiff said:

I’d love to see your driver numbers! 

I get the weight, but I’m bout same size as u and really benefit from the heavy swingweight also. Just a thought, there’s a way to keep the weight with even more speed due to club head mass increase and swingweight increasing. With the +2 I def understand that offsets some of the counter weight tho thanks for the reply

Looks like I'm jumping on TM next Wednesday, I'll keep you in the loop.

• Like 1

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

I put the Ultralight Mediums on my 3W, 7, 8, 9 and W for my round last weekend in what turned out to be a failed experiment. I lost about 10 yards on my irons, pushed everything to the right and struggled to get the 3W to work. Went to the range the day after the round just to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they just weren't working for me. 

I'll keep the XL on my driver as it's working better than ever for me but I'm back to the MCC +4's on the rest. 

Edited by Flat4Boxer
spelling
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 3:42 AM, Flat4Boxer said:

I put the Ultralight Mediums on my 3W, 7, 8, 9 and W for my round last weekend in what turned out to be a failed experiment. I lost about 10 yards on my irons, pushed everything to the right and struggled to get the 3W to work. Went to the range the day after the round just to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they just weren't working for me. 

I'll keep the XL on my driver as it's working better than ever for me but I'm back to the MCC +4's on the rest. 

When you lost those 10 yards, could you tell your trajectory was higher? The most consistent feedback I've heard, is that people are hitting irons higher on the face. 

Edited by Hack Daddy

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

7 minutes ago, Hack Daddy said:

When you lost those 10 yards, could you tell your trajectory was higher? The most consistent feedback I've heard, is that people are hitting irons higher on the face. 

I don't think hitting it higher on the face was the issue I encountered. Trajectory was normal, it just seemed like I couldn't get my hands "through the ball" if that makes sense? Like I'd have to overswing to get the same yardage out of the club.

• Like 1

I just got in a set of the Tour grips in Small size.  I used the sizing tool on the Jumbomax site.  I wear a medium-large bionic glove.  For informational purposes, I am shooting i500 irons and G400 driver.  SIM 5 wood.  I had Tour Velvet +4 midsize in all clubs except for the woods, where they were +4 standards with 2 layers of double-sided tape.  I have long fingers, so whether I use a standard or jumbo, the ends of my middle and ring fingers would dig my thumb pad, and I had just gotten used to that over the years. 

I did not bother putting them on one club.  I put them on the whole set and jumped right in.  They were very easy to install.  The feel is awesome and just right.  I had tried a friend's medium size and it felt too large and just deadened the club for some reason.  The small did not deaden the club.

I went to top tracer to hit and here are my observations:

• The grips are insanely comfortable and hand/arm tension is significantly reduced.  I still wore the glove with these.  I had a small gap between the fingers mentioned above and the thumb pad.
  • The Tours were not too heavy.  While I'm sure they changed the swing weight as per a swing weight scale, I did not feel a discernible difference.  I think this is because most of the grip's weight is above the fulcrum point (not sure if that is the right term).  I still had a very good feel for the location and orientation of my club head.  So, I guess I fail to understand one comment above that suggested that if you're not using the ultralight then you're crazy.  I also fail to understand the comments regarding failure to get through the ball.  As a caveat, i have a late release.  I could see an early releaser having a problem with these.
  • I will not be modifying any club with lead tape.
  • I did not have to adjust my swing in any respect.  Trajectory was normal, distance was normal.
  • Did not have any big misses.  Dispersion was generally tightened. 
  • Both woods and irons (tried them all repeatedly) were equally consistent.
  • Wedges and short irons just became downright deadly

Definitely not going back.  These are staying on.

• Like 1