Well, alrighty then Jumbomax...

Hack Daddy

On 11/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, extrastiff said:

Why anyone would use the heavy tour ones instead of ultralites is beyond me. Here.... have some extra static weight that makes it harder to feel the club head

Well the Tour Series do feel better, tackier, than the Ultralites. I think Jumbomax must have changed the composition of the Polyurethane on the Ultras to a lighter weight as they don't feel the same quality as the Tour Series. To me the Tours have a more tacky leather like feel. 

• Like 2

Whatever works.

1 minute ago, vman said:

Well the Tour Series do feel better, tackier, than the Ultralites. I think Jumbomax must have changed the composition of the Polyurethane on the Ultras to a lighter weight as they don't feel the same quality as the Tour Series. To me the Tours have a more tacky leather like feel. 

I agree, they feel better than the ultras.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, capking said:

I agree, they feel better than the ultras.

I won’t argue there but at more than double the weight, my game is more significantly impacted by that, then the slightly worse build. 

edit:ok it’s not just slightly worse

Edited by extrastiff

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

On 10/21/2020 at 5:22 PM, aenemated said:

After randomly watching the TXG vid on these, figured I'd give 'em a go. Of course, all the UltraLights are out-of-stock everywhere (thanks, Bryson!) so just got one of the Large Tour ones from Roger Dunn. FWIW, I wear a Cadet M glove.

Put it on a 7-iron from one of the random old sets I have sitting around and ... WOW. It's all but eliminated my typical left miss. I can still put a little easy draw on it but those occasional pull-hooks; not a single one from a whole large bucket at the range. 

Really wanna try the UltraLights before making a final dive into re-gripping the whole set since it's not exactly a cheap endeavor but dang. 

Flea bay 

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

20 minutes ago, extrastiff said:

I won’t argue there but at more than double the weight, my game is more significantly impacted by that, then the slightly worse build. 

edit:ok it’s not just slightly worse

I honestly didn’t even notice the weight, kind of now after reading ppl here commenting on it.

I'm just the opposite. I like the feel of the Ultralights better than the Tours. I don't use a glove and live near Houston so the humidity is pretty high mostly year around.

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   DF 3.0 w/Accra
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

6 hours ago, capking said:

I honestly didn’t even notice the weight, kind of now after reading ppl here commenting on it.

4 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

I'm just the opposite. I like the feel of the Ultralights better than the Tours. I don't use a glove and live near Houston so the humidity is pretty high mostly year around.

I didn’t notice the weight until I compared with regular weight grips, my swing was much smoother with the reduced weight. Once the ultralites came out I knew they were for me. 

I like the overall feel of the ultralites better, but the tackiness goes way quicker than the tours, and they show wear quicker. 

On 11/10/2020 at 5:42 AM, Flat4Boxer said:

I put the Ultralight Mediums on my 3W, 7, 8, 9 and W for my round last weekend in what turned out to be a failed experiment. I lost about 10 yards on my irons, pushed everything to the right and struggled to get the 3W to work. Went to the range the day after the round just to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they just weren't working for me. 

I'll keep the XL on my driver as it's working better than ever for me but I'm back to the MCC +4's on the rest. 

Pretty much my exact experience......can play on driver but nothing else

• Like 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh. Ok. The saga continues.

The S wraps showed up and I put one on my gamer 7 iron and my gamer 3H. And I did not like the effect on weight. 

Hybrid felt WAY off balance. 7 iron just felt weird. My P7MCs are D5 (as I was fitted to) and it just felt awkward as hell with so much weight up top. I really should have experimented with the gamers instead of my closet irons.

Despite having a brief feeling of "Oh, to hell with it" I couldn't let this go. The experiment round with the Medium Ultralight on my driver was a bad day to make any decisions (see prior post - it was the windiest day ever) but a couple range sessions after made me think ... like, yeah. I dig this. I actually really like everything of the Medium Ultralight and I was hitting some absolute easy faded bombs. Previously, I felt like I had to hold back turning it over as that would surely be a massive snap hook so if I just let it happen - it was just a nice shape. Somewhat losing right at times but given my swing, that's manageable. The overall feel is phenomenal. 

My initial concern with the Ultralight on my irons was actually unfounded as I did see that my current Winn Excels are actually lighter than the Ultralight mediums. 43 vs 45. So, really, no actual change. I mistakenly thought they'd be lighter and this making this heavy a** club feel even heavier. 

So after a day of anger and frustration at myself for not being thorough, I ordered up Medium Ultralights for everything. 

Man, I hope I just settle on this. 🤣 But I do know that serious oversize is the direction Imma stick with. 

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

5 hours ago, aenemated said:

Sigh. Ok. The saga continues.

The S wraps showed up and I put one on my gamer 7 iron and my gamer 3H. And I did not like the effect on weight. 

Hybrid felt WAY off balance. 7 iron just felt weird. My P7MCs are D5 (as I was fitted to) and it just felt awkward as hell with so much weight up top. I really should have experimented with the gamers instead of my closet irons.

Despite having a brief feeling of "Oh, to hell with it" I couldn't let this go. The experiment round with the Medium Ultralight on my driver was a bad day to make any decisions (see prior post - it was the windiest day ever) but a couple range sessions after made me think ... like, yeah. I dig this. I actually really like everything of the Medium Ultralight and I was hitting some absolute easy faded bombs. Previously, I felt like I had to hold back turning it over as that would surely be a massive snap hook so if I just let it happen - it was just a nice shape. Somewhat losing right at times but given my swing, that's manageable. The overall feel is phenomenal. 

My initial concern with the Ultralight on my irons was actually unfounded as I did see that my current Winn Excels are actually lighter than the Ultralight mediums. 43 vs 45. So, really, no actual change. I mistakenly thought they'd be lighter and this making this heavy a** club feel even heavier. 

So after a day of anger and frustration at myself for not being thorough, I ordered up Medium Ultralights for everything. 

Man, I hope I just settle on this. 🤣 But I do know that serious oversize is the direction Imma stick with. 

Another one converted. I have been hyping these grips up for over a year now. I play the Jumbomax Ultralight XL's and they are a game changer.

• Like 1

I've had 3 rounds so far with an ultralight jumbo on my driver. I wear an XL glove size and normally 10 finger grip driver (overlap everything else) so the grip probably isn't as big a leap compared to others.

Pretty happy with the results so far! I would say my contact has been a touch more consistent and a little higher on the face, so launching higher with less spin has definitely given me a little extra distance. Early days but it is promising and after the initial laughter from playing partners they've order some to try as well 🤣

I'd agree with a lot of people here in that I think this is a driver only change for me, but I'll probably try it on a hybrid and iron because well, wrx stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Caesar's shank said:

I've had 3 rounds so far with an ultralight jumbo on my driver. I wear an XL glove size and normally 10 finger grip driver (overlap everything else) so the grip probably isn't as big a leap compared to others.

Pretty happy with the results so far! I would say my contact has been a touch more consistent and a little higher on the face, so launching higher with less spin has definitely given me a little extra distance. Early days but it is promising and after the initial laughter from playing partners they've order some to try as well 🤣

I'd agree with a lot of people here in that I think this is a driver only change for me, but I'll probably try it on a hybrid and iron because well, wrx stuff. 

U will be a full bag user soon enough. 

all the people that are worse than me make fun of them, all the people that are better than me suggest there are benefits and that they don’t mind them. Ymmv

• Like 1

And we're all in. Threw a set of Ultralite Mediums on everything tonight. And because OCD, the ST/1.2 on my putter. 

127818177_136809311239818_6619410051639798298_n.jpg.3f48c8bf14d53a3b0f819c83447d8f86.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

For those that have converted, what is the most used grip type? Are you still using some version of overlap, or are you using baseball?

I have always and still do interlock. Even with the JUMBOMAX XL's, no issue. 

• Like 1

Yep, same - still interlock. 

On 11/25/2020 at 11:02 PM, flushem said:

you boys got me so excited and had me go to local Roger Dunn.  I got Ultralight XS on my driver and SW.  I will report if my struggle with driver goes away after a round at Pechanga on Saturday.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Here is my feedback from one round. 

Driver:  I faded all day long as I normally draw.  After the round, it hit me that I had weak grip without realizing it.  I will consciously check my grip b4 I get used it. 
SW:  I got a rid of baby draw.  Balls went straight.  once with extra distance.  

I am surprised and pleased that Jumbomax makes difference.  I could see how the grip minimizes wrist movement and promotes consistency.  Now the next project is to change grips on 3W, all hybrids and my beloved XE1 wedge.  

9 hours ago, Hack Daddy said:

I as well. 

Baseball here

On 11/28/2020 at 10:08 PM, SugarLandGolfer said:

For those that have converted, what is the most used grip type? Are you still using some version of overlap, or are you using baseball?

Baseball

Is it even possible to add enough grip tape to an oversized grip to come close to a jumbo max? From what I see, an oversized grip is usually +1/8”, and a jumbo max medium is +5/16”, or a 3/16” difference. I’ve heard adding wraps will make a grip firmer, but is that much tape even possible? Would it damage the grip?

jumbomax seems to have a corner on this market with no competition even from the major grip makers right now. I know it’s still relatively new, but I figured at least one of them would have made an alternative as the mid/oversized/jumbo grips have started to grow in popularity.

22 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Is it even possible to add enough grip tape to an oversized grip to come close to a jumbo max? From what I see, an oversized grip is usually +1/8”, and a jumbo max medium is +5/16”, or a 3/16” difference. I’ve heard adding wraps will make a grip firmer, but is that much tape even possible? Would it damage the grip?

jumbomax seems to have a corner on this market with no competition even from the major grip makers right now. I know it’s still relatively new, but I figured at least one of them would have made an alternative as the mid/oversized/jumbo grips have started to grow in popularity.

You might be able to take a normal oversize to XS or S ... MAYBE. Really doubt you could get to medium though. 

The only other offering I found is the Winn Dri-Tac LT Oversize which is the same as the JMX XS. But agreed - if I could get a GolfPride TV in JMX size and the Ultralite weight, I'd switch to those in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

Finally got my first full round in today (at beautiful Oak Quarry in Riverside, CA) with the full setup.

JMX is here to stay. One of my best ball-striking days in a long time. Still grooving in the swing changes I've been working on all year - which I know I have some work left to do - and this is the first round since it started where the only bad shots were just from poor club selection or a bad line. Striking was superb, definitely gained some distance on the longer side of the bag (I don't really consider myself a big hitter ... but I hit some BOMBS today) and my wedge play was great. 

As much as I love them on my driver and fairways ... wedges for me is where they REALLY shine.

79 at The Rock on a day I couldn't make a single damn putt outside of 4 feet. Not a bad "Hello, world" for the JMX. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Finally got my first full round in today (at beautiful Oak Quarry in Riverside, CA) with the full setup.

JMX is here to stay. One of my best ball-striking days in a long time. Still grooving in the swing changes I've been working on all year - which I know I have some work left to do - and this is the first round since it started where the only bad shots were just from poor club selection or a bad line. Striking was superb, definitely gained some distance on the longer side of the bag (I don't really consider myself a big hitter ... but I hit some BOMBS today) and my wedge play was great. 

As much as I love them on my driver and fairways ... wedges for me is where they REALLY shine.

79 at The Rock on a day I couldn't make a single damn putt outside of 4 feet. Not a bad "Hello, world" for the JMX. 

That's awesome!

I've found that the consistency has gotten exponentially better. It's been night and day for me. 

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

1 hour ago, Hack Daddy said:

That's awesome!

I've found that the consistency has gotten exponentially better. It's been night and day for me. 

Man, THAT was the source of the bad alignment shots. I'm so used to generally missing left that I just always set up expecting it, especially if there's trouble left.

So I did find myself protecting a left-miss a handful of times when what actually happened was a nice high fade. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another check in.

I don't know why everyone isn't gaming JMX. They're a literal game changer. 

I don't get totally fired up about a product very often but these, man. These. 

Edited by aenemated