JPX 919 Forged Vs Srixon z785 (Currently Gaming AP2 718)

Curious if anyone had any thoughts between these 2 iron sets!

I am currently gaming the AP2 718 Titleist Irons but don't seem to be a match for me

I swapped out shafts for Modus 120 and the feel seems awesome 

It leads me to wanting to test either the JPX 919 Forged or Srixon Z785 as those come with the Nippon standard 

If anyone had any thoughts it would be appreciated!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then you must have hit them off center. They’re one of the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit.    The 919 forged feel good as well, and feel remains soft slightly off center. The 785 definitely g

Hit them both.  To me the 785's feel harsh vs. the 919 forged.

First find a shaft that fits your swing. Sounds counterproductive but once I found my shaft it didn't matter what head it was in.  Then start hitting other club heads with your shaft at demo days, top

Posted Images

What are you not liking about the Ap2 with the new shafts?

id say z785 is closer to the ap2 look and feel. 919 forged would be thicker and more forgiving. 

• Like 1

TS3 8.5 Ventus Black 7x

Ping G410 17 degree Hybrid Atmos Black 9x

Mizuno CLK 22 degree hybrid Tensei Pro Blue 80TX

T100S 1 degree weak 4-PW Project X 7.0

SM7 50, 54 Project X 6.5 

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60 Project X 6.5

Piretti Cottonwood II

Srixon XV 

The V sole on the Srixon irons is the TRUTH! Once you try them, you won't want to play an iron without it. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G410 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 10X 
Srixon Z785 4-P C Taper 125 S+  
New Level M-Type 50/54/60 KBS 610 S+
Sik FLO C  
Bridgestone Tour B X 

14 hours ago, Niketw231 said:

Appreciate all the feedback WRX community! Honestly might pull the trig on the set of Z785 but have the X100 shafts and was liking the combo with Nippon. Anyone here gaming the X100 in them?

I have Zforged/Z785 combo set with TI X100. They're not as soft and compact as my MP-4s but I do like the low launch of them. If you are a low launch low spin player, you may be better suited for a different iron. Check out TXG on youtube; they do a bunch of tests on irons and Z785s are notorious for spinning lower than others. 

• Like 1

Tried JPX919 Forged and went with the Z785. Better looking and performed great.

It might be difficult getting the Z785 or JPX919 new as the replacements have been released. The Srixon are also way cheaper here in Australia, suspect same will apply elsewhere

Srixon ZX7 $214 AUD per club

Mizuno JPX921 $295 AUD per club!

Edited by leftylama
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, leftylama said:

Tried JPX919 Forged and went with the Z785. Better looking and performed great.

It might be difficult getting the Z785 or JPX919 new as the replacements have been released. The Srixon are also way cheaper here in Australia, suspect same will apply elsewhere

Srixon ZX7 $214 AUD per club

Mizuno JPX921 $295 AUD per club!

Yes I just snagged a set from another WRX that I am excited to test. I have hit the JPX 919 Tour irons as well. The forged seemed more aligned for my game but have heard awesome things about Z785 so why not? haha

7 hours ago, KING246 said:

I have Zforged/Z785 combo set with TI X100. They're not as soft and compact as my MP-4s but I do like the low launch of them. If you are a low launch low spin player, you may be better suited for a different iron. Check out TXG on youtube; they do a bunch of tests on irons and Z785s are notorious for spinning lower than others. 

Yes appreciate the info! When they arrive they will be headed toward the range for testing. Once of these days I will just bite the bullet and get fitted lol

AP2s are one of the irons that spin the most. 919 and z785 with stronger lofts and design will spin less and probably give you your distance back. I cant find a reason to replace my 585/785 combo set. 

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Rogue Black 110MSI 70TS | Ping G410 19* Tensei Blue 80s | Srixon z585/z785 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0 Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60S Blue Slate Modus 125s Lajosi DD201 Longneck 360g | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

16 minutes ago, DaltonSTL said:

AP2s are one of the irons that spin the most. 919 and z785 with stronger lofts and design will spin less and probably give you your distance back. I cant find a reason to replace my 585/785 combo set. 

Dalton that is awesome feedback. It has been a bit puzzling that is my hope! The Z785 really seem to be a popular set!

2 hours ago, Seidinho said:

Then you must have hit them off center. They’re one of the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit. 

The 919 forged feel good as well, and feel remains soft slightly off center. The 785 definitely get harsher off center. But on good hits, I can’t see the 919 beating them. 

Agree 100%.. 

played 919 Forged last season. Snagged a set of 785’s I've been playing for few months now and I’ll admit I was shocked the moment I hit them..

Not a better Feeling club out there in my opinion.. so good In fact, a buddy of mine bought an identical set after playing a round with mine LOL..

Edited by Jace_bkr
17 hours ago, Jace_bkr said:

Agree 100%.. 

played 919 Forged last season. Snagged a set of 785’s I've been playing for few months now and I’ll admit I was shocked the moment I hit them..

Not a better Feeling club out there in my opinion.. so good In fact, a buddy of mine bought an identical set after playing a round with mine LOL..

Hey Jace what setup do you have with shafts? Awesome feedback!

13 hours ago, Niketw231 said:

Interesting feedback, I had the Modus 120 in my AP2 now and the feel is awesome just not loving the iron.

Just to play devils advocate..

I previously played Modus 120, thought I loved it, and in my mind there was nothing better. I took some shots of my swing with it, and found that it was flexing in a suboptimal way as it was releasing too early (Picture #1).

I went to the PGA superstore and used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (for 7 iron), and I picked the KBS $-taper from the top choices (Picture #2). Now if you look at my swing, at the same point of the downswing, it seems to be flexed in a more optimal position.

As an aside, I play the z785's and they are fantastic. I had a stint with the 919 forged, and hands down, z785 feel better, but to each their own. 

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.png

Edited by sadclevelandsports
4 hours ago, sadclevelandsports said:

Just to play devils advocate..

I previously played Modus 120, thought I loved it, and in my mind there was nothing better. I took some shots of my swing with it, and found that it was flexing in a suboptimal way as it was releasing too early (Picture #1).

I went to the PGA superstore and used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (for 7 iron), and I picked the KBS $-taper from the top choices (Picture #2). Now if you look at my swing, at the same point of the downswing, it seems to be flexed in a more optimal position.

As an aside, I play the z785's and they are fantastic. I had a stint with the 919 forged, and hands down, z785 feel better, but to each their own. 

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.png

Were you able to just “try” the mizuno shaft optimizer, or did you go for a fitting? I’ve always wanted to do it, but nobody has ever been around to help me with it. 

Edited by Seidinho