Jump to content

JPX 919 Forged Vs Srixon z785 (Currently Gaming AP2 718)


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Seidinho said:


Were you able to just “try” the mizuno shaft optimizer, or did you go for a fitting? I’ve always wanted to do it, but nobody has ever been around to help me with it. 

 

Didn't need a fitting at all. I just asked them if I could try it, took a few practice swings, and then they made me do 3 analyzed swings which is where the averages come from. Really useful information, and makes me feel much more comfortable about my shaft choice.

 

Also important to note, the top choices tend to prefer Mizuno's preferential custom shaft options, so it may not feature all brands. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then you must have hit them off center. They’re one of the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit.    The 919 forged feel good as well, and feel remains soft slightly off center. The 785 definitely g

Hit them both.  To me the 785's feel harsh vs. the 919 forged.

First find a shaft that fits your swing. Sounds counterproductive but once I found my shaft it didn't matter what head it was in.  Then start hitting other club heads with your shaft at demo days, top

Posted Images

9 hours ago, sadclevelandsports said:

 

Just to play devils advocate..

 

I previously played Modus 120, thought I loved it, and in my mind there was nothing better. I took some shots of my swing with it, and found that it was flexing in a suboptimal way as it was releasing too early (Picture #1).

 

I went to the PGA superstore and used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (for 7 iron), and I picked the KBS $-taper from the top choices (Picture #2). Now if you look at my swing, at the same point of the downswing, it seems to be flexed in a more optimal position.

 

As an aside, I play the z785's and they are fantastic. I had a stint with the 919 forged, and hands down, z785 feel better, but to each their own. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.png

Awesome stuff super detailed feedback here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seidinho said:


Were you able to just “try” the mizuno shaft optimizer, or did you go for a fitting? I’ve always wanted to do it, but nobody has ever been around to help me with it. 

Edwin Watts is the place to go for me. I've hit the optimizer in a few different places and got very similar results from it. Then I hit several of the shafts in the top ten with the same head on the GC hawk.  I was recommended  modus 105x as #1, but ended up liking the modus 120s the best. I still haven't decided to upgrade from the jpx800 pros, but now I've got to throw in the i210 head based on feedback on here. I've hit the 585's but not 785's and the 585's were fine but not special to me (indoors). The 921 HM PRO is my lean right now.

IMG_5321[1].JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sadclevelandsports said:

 

Just to play devils advocate..

 

I previously played Modus 120, thought I loved it, and in my mind there was nothing better. I took some shots of my swing with it, and found that it was flexing in a suboptimal way as it was releasing too early (Picture #1).

 

I went to the PGA superstore and used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (for 7 iron), and I picked the KBS $-taper from the top choices (Picture #2). Now if you look at my swing, at the same point of the downswing, it seems to be flexed in a more optimal position.

 

As an aside, I play the z785's and they are fantastic. I had a stint with the 919 forged, and hands down, z785 feel better, but to each their own. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.png


Your shaft isn’t bending this is your phone doing this...look up rolling shutter 

Edited by 27x10.5
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 6:07 PM, 27x10.5 said:

Just got the 785’s with 125 MMT’s....they can basically stop making golf clubs and just go with this 

Just got a set with the 105 MMTs and love the feel, been playing a set with the Fuji pro 95s for the past 2 seasons and they were great!  Just get a little more height and feel with the MMTS!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 8:51 PM, Seidinho said:

 Then you must have hit them off center. They’re one of the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit. 
 

The 919 forged feel good as well, and feel remains soft slightly off center. The 785 definitely get harsher off center. But on good hits, I can’t see the 919 beating them. 

I don't think I hit 40-50 off center anymore than I hit 40-50 of the 919's pure every shot.  Maybe the 785's feel best for you but for me the 919's felt better but for me the MP 18's felt better than both of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, ssfranny said:

the 785s feel harsh compared to 919 Forged well theres a first haha

I'm a Srixon loyalist. I play the 785 driver and the H85 hybrids and really wanted to like the 785 irons but compared to the Mizuno's they just don't compare for me......not sure what you mean by haha....maybe we're all supposed to like the same thing ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have demo'd the 921 forged and currently play the Z585's but compared the 785's for a possible combo set. The Mizunos spun a bit more and did not generate as much ball speed. Therefore, I lost more distance than I wanted to. The dispersion variance was not enough to move me off the srixons. I decided against the combo set for now, but I did love the feel of the 785s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...