Golf Pride Z Grip Plus2

I haven't seen any info on the forums about this grip so I thought I would share. My apologies if this is a repost. The stock grip that comes on the new P-770 series is the Golf Pride Z Grip (non cord). To me, it felt like it had less taper than a Tour Velvet but felt perfect in my hands. I went on the Golf Pride site and they now offer a Z-Grip Plus2 which can be found here https://store.golfpride.com/store/grips/prod2940002/zgrip-plus2?_ga=2.154799867.256732862.1602599661-844097101.1602599661

I typically play standard grips with 2 extra wraps and have found the Plus4 to be a bit to large in the lower hand. These feel absolutely perfect in my hands! Light weight at 50g and are no where near as firm as the standard Z Grip. These are awesome!

• Like 1

TSi3 TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, Miura CB-1008 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM8 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't seen any info on the forums about this grip so I thought I would share. My apologies if this is a repost. The stock grip that comes on the new P-770 series is the Golf Pride Z Grip (non cord

I don't think it's a re-post! I was searching to see if anyone else had tried these out so I'm glad to see your post.   I was ordering a couple V55 cord to try out and came across the Z plus

I switched from the Tour Wrap 2G standard to the ZGrip Cord midsize this summer and like them a lot. Recently I needed to get a hybrid re-gripped, and my store was all out of the ZGrip in midsize, so

Surprised it isn't plus 6. I feel like every Z-Grip I've installed/handled felt like it was 2 wraps shy of standard.

Testing
Nike Vapor Fly 3HL Matrix 8M2
Titleist 910HD Fuji HB 90/Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
T-MB 4 C-Taper 130X

T-MB 5 PX LS 7.0
6-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo PX LS 7.0
Vokey TVD 52/58 KBS Tour 130X
PM Grind 64 KBS Tour 130X
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T/Arm Lock Double Wide

I don't think it's a re-post! I was searching to see if anyone else had tried these out so I'm glad to see your post.

I was ordering a couple V55 cord to try out and came across the Z plus2. I was intrigued as I'm a fan of the Zgrip cord and typically add some wraps to the lower hand.

This is an early impression from me as I've only hit about a dozen shots with it, but right off the bat I'm a fan. Great traction, more forgiving than the cord version, and I really dig the reduced taper w/o feeling too mushy in the low hand.  I normally play midsize so I did have to build these up quite a bit. This is a solid contender and at the price point it may be what I go for next season on the full set

• Like 1

I switched from the Tour Wrap 2G standard to the ZGrip Cord midsize this summer and like them a lot. Recently I needed to get a hybrid re-gripped, and my store was all out of the ZGrip in midsize, so I went with the MCC+4 midsize instead. Big mistake. It's huge. Feels like I am swinging a broom handle. I take it these plus numbers indicate what amount of tape buildup they approximate? That's good to know.

Next time I re-grip I think I need to ditch the cord. I've switched to gloveless and the inside of my left index finger is wrecked. Hand sweat was not as big of a problem in the Texas summer as I thought it would be. But if this standard +2 is slightly larger and softer, I am intrigued.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, bpdhlbrg said:

I switched from the Tour Wrap 2G standard to the ZGrip Cord midsize this summer and like them a lot. Recently I needed to get a hybrid re-gripped, and my store was all out of the ZGrip in midsize, so I went with the MCC+4 midsize instead. Big mistake. It's huge. Feels like I am swinging a broom handle. I take it these plus numbers indicate what amount of tape buildup they approximate? That's good to know.

Next time I re-grip I think I need to ditch the cord. I've switched to gloveless and the inside of my left index finger is wrecked. Hand sweat was not as big of a problem in the Texas summer as I thought it would be. But if this standard +2 is slightly larger and softer, I am intrigued.

Yes, the Plus2 signifies that it is like adding 2 extra wraps to the bottom half of the grip (less taper). I am not sure what Golf Pride's plans are in regards to bringing these to retailers. They put these under the "Clubmaker Series" which I understand as their "special" line of grips.

TSi3 TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, Miura CB-1008 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM8 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 2:11 PM, Konklifer said:

If this is the same grip as on the P770's, I will be trying them. That grip is outstanding.

I know I'm late on this, but I'm about 99% sure the grip on the P770s is a plus2

I asked GP if the Callaway version on their newest ranges was the same because I found a set of 8 pulls. They said the Callaway version was standard taper, but indicated that the Plus2 is used by TM. Too bad I had already bought the Callaway pulls before they responded 😌 

For those who like this grip, I would also take a look at the Lamkin TS1. Firm grip, reduced taper, traction without cord. Experimenting with grips at the moment. I find the TS1 midsize to be a touch smaller in the upper hand and close to +2-3 wraps in the lower hand vs Z Grip midsize (cord version). You can tell Lamkin was trying to come with a cordless grip with cord-like feel and traction. 

• Like 1

Cobra F9 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

Finally available for purchase on Golf Pride's website.

No shipping to Australia though.... so i'll need to find a way to source locally.. or use a forwarding service and pay through the nose for it. 

Ping G410+ 9*

Taylormade M3 17*

Callaway Epic Hybrid 20*

Srixon ZX7 4-AW

Cleveland RTX4 54* 60*

Odyssey SL Black #7

• 5 weeks later...

These grips are sold out on the Golf Pride website. I haven’t been able to find any anywhere! They are great feeling grips! Have them on my new Callaway Apex irons, they feel Great!

Ping G400 10.5 X Torsion Stiff
Ping G410 5 Wood Alta Stiff
Ping G410 3, 4, 5 & 6 Hybrids Alta Stiff
Ping I200, 6-UW, Power Lofts, Blue Dot, Recoil SmacWrap F4
Cleveland CBX2. 54 & 58 
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
Titleist Tour Speed
2020 Ping DLX Black/White/Red