With the new weights on the Xforged CB how long before people offer the club with lighter weights for juniors.  Maybe get something in the low-mid C swingweight with these?

Anyone tinker with these yet?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised that more of the major brands aren't offering junior versions of their clubs. There is such a huge junior golf market right now that one would think the companies could capitalize off th

They don't because the market isn't as big as it is for old guys playing golf. Its out there but its still limited. Same reason USKG owns the club market for kids. Ping starting to get into that. Flyn

It would be cheaper to buy an existing company already making Junior clubs and just put their name on it. 

I'm surprised that more of the major brands aren't offering junior versions of their clubs. There is such a huge junior golf market right now that one would think the companies could capitalize off this. Take a normal clubhead and just have multiple weighting options. Partner with one of the major shaft brands to offer a series of junior shafts to go in them. Basically what Flynn golf does but with the regular OEM heads that adults would buy.

• Like 1

They don't because the market isn't as big as it is for old guys playing golf. Its out there but its still limited. Same reason USKG owns the club market for kids. Ping starting to get into that. Flynn a small mom n pop I'd assume does okay but they are no USKG. The market for junior clubs isn't huge. But it does surprise me more don't offer at least lighter options PXG, PING come to mind as a few who CAN offer the adult head but much lighter. 

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 3:32 PM, darter79 said:

They don't because the market isn't as big as it is for old guys playing golf. Its out there but its still limited. Same reason USKG owns the club market for kids. Ping starting to get into that. Flynn a small mom n pop I'd assume does okay but they are no USKG. The market for junior clubs isn't huge. But it does surprise me more don't offer at least lighter options PXG, PING come to mind as a few who CAN offer the adult head but much lighter. 

Just a thought--but if you're Titleist, why not make a set of premium kids clubs to compete with the Ping Prodi G?  I get that they have dabbled in this under the Cobra banner, but something with the Titleist badge and the quality we would expect from them could be a nice gateway for them and a quality alternative to Prodi G for parents with the money.

1 hour ago, MB19 said:

Just a thought--but if you're Titleist, why not make a set of premium kids clubs to compete with the Ping Prodi G?  I get that they have dabbled in this under the Cobra banner, but something with the Titleist badge and the quality we would expect from them could be a nice gateway for them and a quality alternative to Prodi G for parents with the money.

The market for it is just too small.  If there was money to be made, they would do it.  Just think of your average course.  How many people play there in a day?  How many of them are juniors that are too young for adult clubs? 1-2% maybe?  Its just not worth it.

7 hours ago, Noles said:

The market for it is just too small.  If there was money to be made, they would do it.  Just think of your average course.  How many people play there in a day?  How many of them are juniors that are too young for adult clubs? 1-2% maybe?  Its just not worth it.

It would be cheaper to buy an existing company already making Junior clubs and just put their name on it. 

• Like 1
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.
16 hours ago, Noles said:

9 hours ago, leezer99 said:

I understand that the product would most likely be a loser, financially.  But if Ping is doing it, in part, to eventually segue kids into its adult clubs then it seems like Titleist could make the same gambit.

Apples to oranges, but there were a lot of people who laughed when they saw their first Porsche Cayenne and Panamera.  That was years back... three weeks ago  I saw a my first Lamborghini Urus in a parking garage.  My first thought was, "Who the *&%^ buys this thing?"  Turned out I knew the guy, so my answer was a doctor with money to do it.

It would definitely make sense for Titleist to buy an existing company making junior clubs and just put their name on it, but it would have to be a step up from what Cobra makes I think.

Plus most OEM have lighter head options Titleist included. What do you think the Ping Prodigy line is. Is the G head/GLE but very skinny. Now not quite the same as the lofts are traditional on those. Even cobra, the driver is the SAME as the adult just a different loft with a different weight configuration with a softer shaft and they call it a junior, there is no difference there. The market just is not very large and the same goes for 'ladies' clubs which is why you see only one option per OEM there if at all. Titleist for example doesn't have mens/womens clubs, just clubs. 

• Like 1