Pouring rain all day so inquiring minds want to know.

Been playing G30s' since they came out. I'll probably stay with them until I'm done playing. They do what irons are supposed to do and feel good doing it.  I like the no ferrule look and this, I believe are the last of that style. My only worry would be losing a CTP and Ping not having any replacements in stock.

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BeNi ISI's.  Been playing them for a good portion of the season.  Reshafted and dialed in.   Easy to stick in different shafts when I get old (only 69 now). Why?  Prefer irons with narrower soles.  Of

If I had to pick one PING set for the rest of my days it's easily the S55's and it's not even close.   I scour eBay for that unicorn day where I come across a brand new set of them. It'll ne

i3+ blade

S55. Great iron in every aspect with excellent durability. I guess that's why I'm still bagging them. 

JBeam Bullet 10* Ventus Black 6X
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-9 Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 48, 52, 56, 60 Fuji MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

I20 

Taylormade M5 10.5* - Diamana DF 70 TX 

Taylormade JetSpeed TP 3HL 17* - Aldila Tour Green 95 TX 

Srixon Z U85 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX

Mizuno MP18 SC - KBS C Taper 130 X 

Vokey SM7 - DG S400 

Scotty NP2 

Rapture J spec: 4-6

Eye2+: 7-PW

Eye2: SW, LW

All irons would be red dots and would have Royal Precision Rifle 5.5 shafts and swing weighted to D2, with the SW and LW swing weighted to D8. 

Why, in all my 47 years of playing golf, I never pursued a set like this I’ll never understand.  It takes an internet forum question to stir the soul.  GD wth is wrong with me.....lol.  

• Like 1

Thanks guys. If your interested the eye 2s because guys thought "rest of life and as you got up there 60,70 etc they be the best to play" had the most of the money on them followed by the S55.  

3 minutes ago, Moonlightgrm said:

Ping ISI irons without hesitation.

I had a LOT of good, low rounds with my ISIs...

• Like 1

Driver 10.5° PING G400 Max // Driver 10° PING G400 SFT

5-wood 17.5° PING G400 // 5-wood 18.5° PING G400

5-crossover 25° PING G400 // 5-hybrid 26° PING G400

Irons PING i25 (6-9, PW, UW) // Irons PING G400 (7-9, PW, UW)

Wedges 54°/58° PING Anser Forged // Wedge 56° PING Glide 2.0 Stealth

Putter PING Heppler Piper (34 3/4") // Putter PING WRX Redwood Piper S (34 3/4")

Irons, eh?

I'll definitely stick with my G400's, but I'd like to tack on a 4 iron to the set, and add a G400 crossover/driving iron.

• Like 1

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Ping Zing BeCU Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

Bridgestone e6, Noodle Neon, or Titleist TruSoft balls

Various trinkets, ball markers, and white wooden tees

40 minutes ago, dhen9 said:

BeNi ISI. 

This always reminded me of The Godfather: Part II "Michael, tuo padre ti vuole bene assai...bene assai" = Your father loves you very much."

Driver 10.5° PING G400 Max // Driver 10° PING G400 SFT

5-wood 17.5° PING G400 // 5-wood 18.5° PING G400

5-crossover 25° PING G400 // 5-hybrid 26° PING G400

Irons PING i25 (6-9, PW, UW) // Irons PING G400 (7-9, PW, UW)

Wedges 54°/58° PING Anser Forged // Wedge 56° PING Glide 2.0 Stealth

Putter PING Heppler Piper (34 3/4") // Putter PING WRX Redwood Piper S (34 3/4")

I think I'd choose the next gen i210. Traditional looks with built in forgiveness for a moderately consistent swing. I'd be real comfortable with this choice.

BeCu Eye2 would be my close second because they're classic performers (like me) 🤓 and they'll always be better than I am.

I gave serious consideration to the i500's because I really like them, but I'm not as confident in their durability for a "lifetime" commitment.

It matters not what others call you, but what you answer to.

beer-goggles-on-glass-of-beer.jpg.c3e909aed71161ad053a32287bd7c3ed.jpg
Wishon 919THI  9* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S

Wishon 525F/D  13* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
PXG 0211  5-GW  Elevate 95 S
PING Glide 3.0  54*SS

PXG 0311 Forged 60*
PING Anser3 Swan neck MgBr putter

i200: forgiveness, distance, feel, shot making. I can pick them up (as I did today) without playing for weeks and still hit good shots. My set is 4i-U, could probably play to my handicap carrying only these 7 clubs.

I played this game in a shop just last week, I put a set of g710 in the bag.   Dropped back from my dgs300 love to dg105 r300 as age subtracts ability.  

through my time I have had in the bag

eye2

isi s

isi nickel 

s59

s55

g20

I20

ie1

my best rounds (66 several times) occurred with s59 and isi s (there was a mizuno or two also) and some anser or another making almost everything put in its path.  The g710s glowed bright with the first round a three over at a don ross track down in Georgia. I’m heading home now with dreams of bets won with the 710 on a turf I’m far more familiar with than that damn Bermuda down in Georgia.    

Edited by 2Down

Ping 9° G410+ tensi orange s
Ping 3 Wood G410+ tour 75 shaft s.  
Ping 5 wood G410 Alta s
Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana 
Ping G710 DG 105 R300
Ping glide stealth 54° es grind
Ping glide 2 58°. ES
Ping anser f titanium pixel.  

On 10/13/2020 at 12:40 PM, Gsea said:

This questions is for PING IRONS ONLY.  You get to pick one set of Ping irons from the very first ones to the latest. It is the only set you are ever going to get to play so these will be your gammers. What you choosing( and why)? If you don't want to play please don't waste the band width.

p.s. there are side bets riding on this question lol.

S56.

BeNi ISI's.  Been playing them for a good portion of the season.  Reshafted and dialed in.   Easy to stick in different shafts when I get old (only 69 now). Why?  Prefer irons with narrower soles.  Offset don't matter.  They want to go straight with consistent distance.   Head metrics that still runs with the newer models.  Unique shape, no one in my golf circle knows what they are.  Old School cool.  

• Like 3

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Although I never got to play them, when I did look at them, the S55’s looked so good over the ball. Maybe someday I’ll find a set cheap to play. But since I haven’t actually played them I’ll have to put them in 2nd place for me. My first choice would still be the S59’s. 

I’ve demo’d/played multiple PING irons. I’ve owned the g15, i20, g25 and g410.

Without a doubt, I am enjoying my g410 and highly recommend them.

That stated, when all factors are involved including wear, etc. My vote would be g25. Over time, those puppies will look the same year 50 as they did year 1. 

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1