All TC201's, or combo with 101's?

Deciding on how to build up my new set...and have been through a fitting already (indoors).  Trying to decide if I should go for a full set of TC201s, or combo them in 8-pw with MB101's.

Forgiveness on the 201's felt a tiny bit more substantial, but I hit the 101's just fine in my fitting (again, indoors).  I did perceive the leading edge on the 101's to be pretty sharp, so I do wonder if they'd dig a bit more.

We all know we can benefit from whatever additional forgiveness is out there, but the 101's looked so good to my eye, I'm wondering if that comfort is worth the slight trade off in forgiveness.  

Anyone done a comparison between the two...specifically the short irons?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't hit the 201's but the 101's are amazing.  I absolutely love them and I haven't had any issues with digging.  I tend to get a bit steep with my irons too.

Taylormade 2019 M5 with Fuji Ventus Blue 6x 
Taylormade 2019 M5 fairway wood with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Callaway Apex Utility- 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber 125X
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM7 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with TT DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O Works Black #2M CS

I went with Mc-501 6-pw and 4-5 iron in tc201. Gave me my preferred loft gaps and the 4-iron strong lofted one degree also gave me the same offset in 4-5-6-iron and I kind of like that.

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

• 2 weeks later...

I have a TC-201 (4-6) and MB-101 (7-PW) combo.  Took me a little bit to get over the offset on the TC-201's, but they have a great solid feel 

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled