2020 + 2021 Masters

Anduma22

I just received my rejection letter from the Masters Tournament Chairman regarding my 2020 Tuesday practice round tickets not being selected as to be used for the 2021 Masters.  I have the option for refund or the same tickets for 2022.  I'll opt for the latter.  Eventually I'll get back to the Masters.  

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I just got the rejection e-mail for my 2020 Monday practice round tickets.  Here's my question.  Unlike RobotDoctor above, my notice doesn't give an option for refund or wait for 2022.  It simply says that a refund WILL be issued, and then will be given an opportunity to purchase for next year.  Does that mean that I'm guaranteed tix for 2022, or is the "opportunity" just going back in the lottery?  If I'm guaranteed the same tix in 2022, I'm okay with that.  If I've basically lost out on a trip to Augusta, that I'm not okay with.

Ticket holders who purchased tickets from Augusta National will receive a refund from their original purchase. Refunds will be issued within 45 - 60 days to the credit card used to make your payment. However, your bank may take up to 90 days to credit your account or reject the credit, once received.

Ticket holders will also be given the opportunity to purchase the same tickets for the 2022 Masters Tournament. To claim 2022 tickets, you must complete a 2022 ticket application at Masters.com during the application period of June 1-21, 2021. Ticket holders will be notified of their 2022 ticket selection and then must make a payment during the designated payment period.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, Schro5150 said:

I just got the rejection e-mail for my 2020 Monday practice round tickets.  Here's my question.  Unlike RobotDoctor above, my notice doesn't give an option for refund or wait for 2022.  It simply says that a refund WILL be issued, and then will be given an opportunity to purchase for next year.  Does that mean that I'm guaranteed tix for 2022, or is the "opportunity" just going back in the lottery?  If I'm guaranteed the same tix in 2022, I'm okay with that.  If I've basically lost out on a trip to Augusta, that I'm not okay with.

Ticket holders who purchased tickets from Augusta National will receive a refund from their original purchase. Refunds will be issued within 45 - 60 days to the credit card used to make your payment. However, your bank may take up to 90 days to credit your account or reject the credit, once received.

Ticket holders will also be given the opportunity to purchase the same tickets for the 2022 Masters Tournament. To claim 2022 tickets, you must complete a 2022 ticket application at Masters.com during the application period of June 1-21, 2021. Ticket holders will be notified of their 2022 ticket selection and then must make a payment during the designated payment period.

From what I have read, you will be refunded- expect the refund to show in a couple of months. You will likely then begiven a code of sorts to "repurchase" your same qty and day ticket online between June 1st and 31st only. And yes its my understanding that your purchase is guaranteed for 2022 April Masters......so yeah you are good.

Me on the other hand might be lucky to attend, I have received no additional correspondence so maybe my "new" 2 Tuesday practice round tickets for 2021 are being mailed to me. Hope so.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vespar said:

Same, still shows 2021, so I don;t know. Is yours different, zero'd out?

My thought is a mail delay, because I'm up north. I'll give it to the end of the week, then call. But still no email.

Ours still shows we're getting 2021 Monday tix, although we got the e-mail on Friday that we aren't, and that we'll be refunded within 90 days (and then will be able to buy them next year for 2022):

spacer.png

On 1/15/2021 at 3:55 PM, Schro5150 said:

My letter says the same thing. I'll get a refund and have an option to get the same tickets in 2022 but have to reapply in June, which I most certainly will.  I'm sure the price will be increased but it matters not. 

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

12 hours ago, dmbolp said:

Buddy in Augusta says the rumor is, "limited attendance" won't include the general public.  Tickets will be distributed thru club members, players, vendors, sponsors, etc.  That's also supported by the fact that not a single ticket is currently available on Stubhub  

why would there be a ticket on stubhub. 1 they're not available  and physically may not be until late February or march- like in previous years.

and 2 they or a letter stating they would be issued would be incredibly valuable

No?

7 hours ago, Vespar said:

why would there be a ticket on stubhub. 1 they're not available  and physically may not be until late February or march- like in previous years.

and 2 they or a letter stating they would be issued would be incredibly valuable

No?

Every year, for at least the last 15 years, there has always been hundreds of tickets on Stubhub from the time the lottery confirmations are announced in June/July right thru the tournament's final round the following April.  Tickets don't have to be in hand in order to list them on Stuhbub.  People sell them on Stubhub for hundreds/thousands of dollars the year before the tournament, long before they have them in hand...that's how Stubhub works.

And then layer on top of that all the speculators that list tickets that they aren't even due/awarded to them....sell a phantom WED ticket in August for $2,000 to someone who's impatient and doesn't realize prices only come down (99% of the time); buy another one in January at $600, ship that one to your August buyer and pocket the $1,400 profit (minus Stubhub fees).  Speculating is against Stubhub policy, but it happens all the time.

I checked Stubhub last week and Hospitality tickets were available for all 7 days at $100+; those are gone now too.  So, it could be that Stubhub has just stopped all Masters listing as a precaution (probably due to the unique situation this year), but for the past 15 years there has always been hundreds of tickets available from the previous June right up until Master's Sunday.  

And I didn't follow your #2?

Edited by dmbolp

On 1/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, Christosterone said:

I’ve gotten stage 1 Moderna vaccine and will have my second in 10-14 days...

Maybe they should let vaccinated people come....this is not at all a selfish suggestion 🙂

-chris

By then that could be most everyone.  Or at least most of the patrons with tickets.  My in laws both father in law snd his brother and wife has had the shot already.  Wife’s work all had the opportunity, it’s rolling out and I’m no where near a metro area. 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 1/24/2021 at 3:00 PM, Vespar said:

as anyone been informed they can go this April and if so- how were they informed.

Have you called them?  I accidentally posted the link to my ticketing account in one of these threads, someone tried to log in and locked up my account.  I called them and they quickly pulled up my account and fixed it.

For additional information regarding ticketing please contact the Masters Tournament Ticket Office at (706) 667-6700

https://tickets.masters.com/en_US/ticket_info.html

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:17 AM, dmbolp said:

Have you called them?  I accidentally posted the link to my ticketing account in one of these threads, someone tried to log in and locked up my account.  I called them and they quickly pulled up my account and fixed it.

For additional information regarding ticketing please contact the Masters Tournament Ticket Office at (706) 667-6700

https://tickets.masters.com/en_US/ticket_info.html

Its been too long, I'll call them today and see what's up and report back, thx

Ebay had 8-10 listings for 2021 up until recently, I assume all speculators, or folks who had tickets but didn't realize they were taken away.  Today the only listings are for 2022.

Still no signs of the general public getting any 2021 tickets.

Keeping our cheap hotel reservations in the event MON tickets pop up.  Going to Austin the prior weekend and picking up cooked/chilled/sealed briskets from Franklin BBQ.  Weekend at friend's lake house FRI 4/2-4/4, on the hunt for MON 4/5 tix.

• 4 weeks later...

Just did my daily check of Stubhub for Masters tickets, and for the first time in awhile there are listings up...for MON/TUE/WED...2 tickets each day, basically $3k/$4k/$5k each 😲

Interesting that Stubhub created the listings for the 3 days, they must have a verified/confirmed seller that they trust.  Maybe a sign that tickets are available to the general public.  Or an insider selling.

5 hours ago, dmbolp said:

Just did my daily check of Stubhub for Masters tickets, and for the first time in awhile there are listings up...for MON/TUE/WED...2 tickets each day, basically $3k/$4k/$5k each 😲

Interesting that Stubhub created the listings for the 3 days, they must have a verified/confirmed seller that they trust.  Maybe a sign that tickets are available to the general public.  Or an insider selling.

We knew a limited number of patrons would be selected by ANGC to attend this year. Looks like one of them decided to cash in his practice round tickets. I wouldn’t look for any flood gates to open.