Golf equipment is getting too expensive...

5 hours ago, gwelfgulfer said:

New retail pricing has been embarrassing for some time, the used market this season has been the same and purely because of covid.  Far more people have come into the game as it was the only outdoor activity that you could do other than walk around...  

I've done ok on the used market flipping this this year, but way too many people are either straight out to lunch on things or just gouging (much like fitness equipment...).

Around the GTA on marketplace and kijiji you'll see people trying to get $150 cdn for TM300/Titleist 983 drivers, '05 CB TP's for $750 or 716 CB's for $1k...  

In totally unrelated news, I have a set of non DW Scratch SB-1 coming in today, yours for only $2k... 😆

No lie, my kijiji recommended ads had a set of 716 CBs for $850 and it was missing the 8i.

Edited by Bubbtubbs
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's only expensive if you decide to make it expensive.   If you need to have the latest and greatest, then yeah it's gonna hit you in the wallet.   If you're fine with trying mult

If you think Putters are overpriced...what about their headcovers?  Would you pay $500 for a Hula Girl Embroidered on a piece of leather?

Maybe it's just me, but I think new golf equipment prices are getting out of control.   With the introduction of PXG, then PING Blueprint, P7TW, and now both new Callaway releases, are we of

19 hours ago, gwelfgulfer said:

New retail pricing has been embarrassing for some time, the used market this season has been the same and purely because of covid.  Far more people have come into the game as it was the only outdoor activity that you could do other than walk around...  

I've done ok on the used market flipping this this year, but way too many people are either straight out to lunch on things or just gouging (much like fitness equipment...).

Around the GTA on marketplace and kijiji you'll see people trying to get $150 cdn for TM300/Titleist 983 drivers, '05 CB TP's for $750 or 716 CB's for $1k...  

In totally unrelated news, I have a set of non DW Scratch SB-1 coming in today, yours for only $2k... 😆

That is totally stupid.  This golf is at a resurgence not seen since Tiger won his first Masters thanks to the pandemic.  I have those same drivers in my basement but at a lot less.  I got my 983k from Craigslist for $20 some years ago and got my TM 320 with a stiff Prolite for $5 from my local Value Village.  All in CDN dollars since I'm from Vancouver.  I have no intention of flipping them for a profit and being part of the problem.

Edited by cgasucks

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."