Tour AD DI-6 or Tour AD XC-6?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I essentially had the same experience at a Titleist Thursday fitting. Can't remember if it was the IZ or the DI, but not really any good shots with it. XC was night and day for me as well. I ended up

I just did a Titleist fitting and tried the IZ and DI, ended up jiving very well with DI and an 8* head. I have never liked the IZ but immediately loved the DI, so just goes to show you need a proper

For me, the XC shouldn't work on paper. Stiff tip, soft butt should theoretically lower launch, but it raised my launch into an acceptable range, or allowed me to swing in a way to raise my launch a b

I did game the DI-7x for several years and it's more of a mid launch shaft with low spin.  It's pretty boardy as well in terms of feel.  I did get an opportunity to test the IZ as one of the several shafts when I went in for my fitting recently.  It launches a touch lower than the DI and has similar spin numbers but is so much smoother feel wise.  I did not get to test the XC line. 

TM SIM MAX 9* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

Vega VDC-01 4i w/Recoil Proto 125 F5

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

I just demoed the IZ and XC yesterday at Titleist Thursday fitting.  Interestingly to me, I didnt make any good swings with the IZ, but when we clicked in the XC, it was night and day.  Ended up being fit for TSi3 9 / GD XC 7X.  I thought IZ would be good for me on paper, and it reinforces the need to get fit.  You have to try them yourself to see how your swing responds - specs and their perceived effects, feel, etc, are all subjective and differ from player to player.  The good news is is Titleist Thursday fitting is free and you'll be able to compare for yourself!  The XC for me was a super stable spin killer and had a big GD "kick" people talk about.  The IZ for my swing did not have that.  

Edited by tlehmann

Titleist TS2 9.5* / Project X EvenFlow White T1100 65X
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 80 6.5
Titleist U500 20* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.5
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 52.08F* / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Ping Vault Bergen

I play the XC in my driver and the DI in my 3w. 

The DI gets the ball into air high while feeling better than the stock options for what I play. I needed my 3w to have a high launch without increasing loft and it delivers. Feels very smooth. 

The XC has lower launch and I use it to counter the high spin of my driver head. Also delivers and is quite smooth. I had a DI in my driver but the launch and thus the flight was to high. That’s when I discovered the XC which lowered it just enough while still feeling great.

I haven't tried the IZ. 

Edited by sshadow2

PING G410 Plus 9* Graphite Design AD XC-6
Cobra KING Speedzone FW 14.5* 3W Graphite Design AD-DI 6
Cobra KING F9 Hybrid 21* Fujikura Atmos Red 7 TS
Cobra KING F9 Hybrid 24* Fujikura Atmos Red 7 TS
Cobra KING Forged Tec 6-PW $-Taper Lite
Cleveland CBX2 48* KBS C-Taper
Cleveland CBX2 54* KBS C-Taper
TaylorMade MGS TW Edition 60* KBS C-Taper
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport
TaylorMade TP5 ball

Love my XC in x ... prefer over DI ... the kick feels tighter 

Ping G400 Max Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w Diamana Blue B 80s G400 7w GD PM902s

Callaway Apex 4h 23* Matrix HQ3x Apex 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Mizuno 919T 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M & 59*M, 64* Recoil Proto 95 f4

Piretti Matera Elite

I love my XC-6 stiff in my SIM driver, one of best shaft I've had. It seems to have lower launch and spins little lower than DI shaft. Not whole a lot but just enough to satisfy what I'm looking for.

Bag of Hackin' Utensils 

TM SIM 10.5 GD XC-6 stiff

TM SIM 15 & 19 Diamana 75 stiff

TM SIM Max 7 wood Diamana 75 stiff

Adams A12 26* w/GD UT 95 x-stiff

TM P7MB 6-PW Modus 120 stiff

MG2 54 & 60

2Ball 45" putter

On 10/16/2020 at 7:08 AM, tlehmann said:

I just demoed the IZ and XC yesterday at Titleist Thursday fitting.  Interestingly to me, I didnt make any good swings with the IZ, but when we clicked in the XC, it was night and day.  Ended up being fit for TSi3 9 / GD XC 7X.  I thought IZ would be good for me on paper, and it reinforces the need to get fit.  You have to try them yourself to see how your swing responds - specs and their perceived effects, feel, etc, are all subjective and differ from player to player.  The good news is is Titleist Thursday fitting is free and you'll be able to compare for yourself!  The XC for me was a super stable spin killer and had a big GD "kick" people talk about.  The IZ for my swing did not have that.  

I essentially had the same experience at a Titleist Thursday fitting. Can't remember if it was the IZ or the DI, but not really any good shots with it. XC was night and day for me as well. I ended up with TSi 2 with a GD XC 6S. My mishit is normally either a big push slice or a wipey fade. The TSi 2 with the GD XC 6S handled those mishits better than my SIM Max by far.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I essentially had the same experience at a Titleist Thursday fitting. Can't remember if it was the IZ or the DI, but not really any good shots with it. XC was night and day for me as well. I ended up with TSi 2 with a GD XC 6S. My mishit is normally either a big push slice or a wipey fade. The TSi 2 with the GD XC 6S handled those mishits better than my SIM Max by far.

Hehe, this funny. I had my Titleist fitting last week and crushed the ball with IZ, felt amazing, loved everything about it. 

The XC which was supposed to be perfect on paper was a nightmare. I tried it in both TSi3 driver and 16.5 both S and X and no matter what I did I didn’t hit one single shot even close to ok, it was more or less a disaster. After 20 mins (I really wanted it to work) the fitter said, accept that this shaft isnt for you 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

I just did a Titleist fitting and tried the IZ and DI, ended up jiving very well with DI and an 8* head. I have never liked the IZ but immediately loved the DI, so just goes to show you need a proper fitting as I would have never settled on an 8* head. Tensei white was a close second. I personally think the IZ is not so much boards but harsh, the DI was pure butter. It was the tensei white feel with a tighter snap and more control for me. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MrShield said:

Hehe, this funny. I had my Titleist fitting last week and crushed the ball with IZ, felt amazing, loved everything about it. 

The XC which was supposed to be perfect on paper was a nightmare. I tried it in both TSi3 driver and 16.5 both S and X and no matter what I did I didn’t hit one single shot even close to ok, it was more or less a disaster. After 20 mins (I really wanted it to work) the fitter said, accept that this shaft isnt for you 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

For me, the XC shouldn't work on paper. Stiff tip, soft butt should theoretically lower launch, but it raised my launch into an acceptable range, or allowed me to swing in a way to raise my launch a bit.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, drscott266 said:

I just did a Titleist fitting and tried the IZ and DI, ended up jiving very well with DI and an 8* head. I have never liked the IZ but immediately loved the DI, so just goes to show you need a proper fitting as I would have never settled on an 8* head. Tensei white was a close second. I personally think the IZ is not so much boards but harsh, the DI was pure butter. It was the tensei white feel with a tighter snap and more control for me. 

I ended up with the same combo. I agree it was butter and it gave me the best ball speed numbers. 

16 hours ago, sniper said:

I ended up with the same combo. I agree it was butter and it gave me the best ball speed numbers. 

I was coming from an ADTP and 10.5* TS3 head. Amazed by what the fitting numbers showed vs what I thought I was seeing. The DI with an 8* head was so high and flat it made me realize by current setup was hitting high flare ups.