Looking for input. Currently play apex pro dot and really like the feel and numbers on p770.  The issue is I can only hit 7 iron and I was wondering how the short irons stack up.  I could use a bit more launch in mid to long irons which is why I'm looking and I've always loved tm irons.  Looking to see if there are any distance control issues or anything with p770.  

D:SIM 9 @ 9.75 Ventus Black 7x
FW:SIM 15 Ventus Blue 7x
HB: Adams Pro 18 Tour Blue 85 TX
Irons:Apex Pro Dot 4-pw TI x100
Wedges:SM7 52F 56F 60D
Putter: Odyssey Works 7CH

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the second seasoning I've been playing the Apex Pro Dot 4-PW with PX LZ 6.5. I've enjoyed them. Feel is good and they're plenty workable. I came from the '18 X-Forged, just wanted to try somet

Got rid of my 770s after a month. Never have enjoyed the feel of TM irons. Callaway have always felt better to me and I’ve played the Apex Pro since 2016. I recently switched to the Blueprints and I don’t know if I’ll get them out of the bag in the next 5 years. They’re that good. 

This is the second seasoning I've been playing the Apex Pro Dot 4-PW with PX LZ 6.5. I've enjoyed them. Feel is good and they're plenty workable. I came from the '18 X-Forged, just wanted to try something different at that point.

I've got two rounds and two range sessions in with the P770's. I settled for a stock set just to get the heads, so they're not even shafted properly. One of the issues i was started to have with the Dots was a lot of floaty ballooning ball flights. Distances were fine, but I was getting hammered in the wind- rare for me, i love playing in the wind and maneuvering the ball around the course.

first round with the P770s was The strongest wind I've played in all year- and they were awesome. No ballooning, noticeably more forgiving and about a half club longer. I had no problems keeping the flight down as needed. They re easier to turnover thAn face but can still work either way. 

i had no jumpy/flyers, distances were consistent. The short irons were all I could ask for. Point and shoot. Lots of spin into the green. 

I'm thrilled so far and hope I can make them even better with the right shaft, and I wouldn't even think there's much room for improvement. 

• Like 1

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf

SIM 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX(Hulk) 

G410 LST Smoke Green 80TX 
Tour Edge EXS Pro 20* Tensi Silver X or  Ti-Utility #3 HZRDUS Smoke Black X
RSI TP 23* PX LZ Black 6.5
Apex Pro 19 Dot PX LZ 6.5 5-PW
Mack Daddy 4 52W

Jaws Raw 56/12X,  60/8T
Stroke Lab Black Ten Slant 

I'm very curious as to why I see so many P770's for sale as I came so close to pulling the trigger on some custom ones as I even had them in my cart but seems like there are more negative reviews than positive. I don't think they are living up to the hype of the P790's when they came out.  Sold my custom P790's for PING G710 with Steel Fibers and I love them, but do miss my P790's.