Ok, a long shot I know, but...Honma Tr20v vs. t100s

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got the TR20v in my short irons and love them. They performed better for me than the T100s in my fitting. Went with combo set of TR20p and Tr20v. Can't imagine you could go wrong with either, tho

No pre-worn leading edge (i.e., leading edge relief).  The Titleist T100s does.  

Here are the pics.  

Posted Images

Actually, I have a set of both . . . long story.  I have different shafts in them, but they perform similarly.  The Honmas are definitely softer from a feel standpoint and maybe just a bit more forgiving.  Very easy to work both ways.  The T100s go higher with the shaft combo I have in them.  T100s have less offset (which is more pleasing to my eyes).  The T100s have a little leading sole relief, where the Honmas are fairly flat on the sole.  Good turf interaction with both.  Similar distance with both irons.  I do not think you can go wrong with either.

Morale to the story, never a long shot on GolfWRX.      

@bsb70x7 Would you be able to elaborate a little more on the sole designs? Curious about these two.  My swing really benefits with some bounce and camber, but nothing overly wide.

Edited by wam78

Titleist TS3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1"

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway Apex Pro Double Dot 4-pw Accra i steel 125

Vokey Raw SM8 50F, 54S, 58S (custom grind) Nippon Modus 125 wedge

Cushman Custom C&C 1.0 Raw Carbon KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Golf Pride Pro Only Red * or

Mizuno M Craft Type 1 Satin  Stability Tour Shaft, Golf Pride Pro Only Green*

Bridgestone Tour B XS

WAM, both sets are fairly low bounce, so do your specs research to make sure there is enough bounce for you.  Camber is somewhat subjective, so I will get some comparison pictures for you.  Both sets of irons are at my club, so it won't be until the weekend. 

Here are a couple of pictures of the TR20V sole from the Honma Website. 

TR20 V IronsTR20 V Irons

Thanks for that @bsb70x7.  The last pic has a great view of the sole design.  Looks to have a decent amount of bounce with some camber.  Although, they don’t seem to have the pre-worn leading edge like 747v?  Or am I not seeing it?

Thanks again!

Titleist TS3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1"

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway Apex Pro Double Dot 4-pw Accra i steel 125

Vokey Raw SM8 50F, 54S, 58S (custom grind) Nippon Modus 125 wedge

Cushman Custom C&C 1.0 Raw Carbon KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Golf Pride Pro Only Red * or

Mizuno M Craft Type 1 Satin  Stability Tour Shaft, Golf Pride Pro Only Green*

Bridgestone Tour B XS