How is your heel/toe adjustable driver setup and what is your preferred shot shape?

Looking to see how you all prefer your setups. If you have a driver with adjustable heel/toe weight then how is it setup?  Neutral, fade, draw? And what's your stock shot shape?

Did you setup the fade/draw setup to protect against a miss or to guarantee a certain shot shape?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Neutral I play a 5-8 yard draw.  Set up neutral so I can hit it either way depending on the shot shape I need for the hole. 

Taylormade M3 9* KBS TD Cat4 

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Deepwater DH89 w/ Stability Tour  - - Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 with Stability shaft 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

My Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 has two moveable, perimeter weights, a 1 gram and 7 gram,  which can switched between the heel and toe of the sole for a neutral or draw bias.  I play with it set up for a draw, 7g in the heel and 1g in the toe, producing a consistent draw.

Edited by mizuno

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5*
Sonartec GS Tour 15*
Big Bertha Alpha 815 20*
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 5-6 PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5

With weight in the toe/fade position my ballflight is neutral. More and more I'm realizing that toe-weighting is my ideal. Generally my shot shape is a draw, miss #1 is a hook and miss #2 is a block, but with my setup I can move it both ways on demand when I'm swinging well. When I'm swinging poorly my #1 fault is swaying and #2 is going too hard from the top. I don't think there's any possible club setup that could help me with that!

19 minutes ago, bnperrone said:

With weight in the toe/fade position my ballflight is neutral. More and more I'm realizing that toe-weighting is my ideal. Generally my shot shape is a draw, miss #1 is a hook and miss #2 is a block, but with my setup I can move it both ways on demand when I'm swinging well. When I'm swinging poorly my #1 fault is swaying and #2 is going too hard from the top. I don't think there's any possible club setup that could help me with that!

You and me both. But I play a fade so my big miss is hard right if I get quick or hard in transition.