Accra TZ5 broke again

I bought an Accra TZ5 55 M4 last year, and have been playing it with a Titleist TS3. It broke this year the night before I was flying to Torrey. It was replaced under warranty by Accra. This afternoon, the replacement broke on the driving range. It slipped while picking it up, it hit the bag stand, and then snapped in two. 

I'm seeing if Accra will replace it. Anyone else has had problems with Accra shafts breaking? Never had this problem with any other shafts.

And pics of the carnage:

50498526258_bdd8d2dc0d_c.jpg

50499237026_151dcbcf70_c.jpg

Edited by Go Horns!
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never had an issue with Accra breaking. I don’t see how a shaft snaps in half there. 

So let me get this straight, you 'dropped' the shaft while reaching for it and it snaps? The same shaft you just swung at 100mph snaps when dropped? This doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Dropped it over his knee. 

Posted Images

I've never had an issue with an Accra shaft, nor Mitsubishi or Fujikura. Can't say that for the rest of 'em. I've heard from more than one club builder that there are a few concerns since True Temper bought them out (Accra). I've played Accra in one form or another for the past decade or better without issue. I've gamed a TZ-6 in a driver since it was introduced as a prototype and again, never had an issue. I realize it's a pain but talk with Accra and they will make it right. 

JBeam Bullet 10* Ventus Black 6X
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-9 Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 48, 52, 56, 60 Fuji MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

Going through my retailer first to see what happens. Will update when I have more info. Just frustrating because I've been doing a lot of work on my swing, and started finally seeing results this past week. And driver was the club where it all started clicking. 

I really like the feel and performance of the shaft, but no way I lay out over $300 for another one. 

These type of issues are never good and especially when the swing magic is coming on. I personally have never had an issue with Accra shafts. How did the first one break? 

TALORMADE SIM MAX D 10*/ FUJIKURA Speeder TR 661S/ GP TW WHT

MIZUNO CLK 16*/ Modus Tour 130S PL TIP/ GP TW WHT

MIZUNO CLK 19*/ Modus Tour 130S PL TIP/ GP TW WHT

MIZUNO JPX921 Forged 4-PW/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT

MIZUNO T20 Satin Wedge 50/07/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT 

MIZUNO T20 Raw Wedge 56/06/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT

MACHINE 1018 CS M2A RAW center over/ PL shaft/ SS Flatso CC 2.0 BLK

Cel Parts custom ferules on everything with out loft sleeve. Special Thanks to Mark and Center Cut Custom Golf AZ for all of the builds and fitting time!

Never had an issue with Accra breaking. I don’t see how a shaft snaps in half there. 

• Like 2

Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/80141-ckays-witb-duw-update-on-pg-3/page__st__60__p__7710766__hl__+ckay#entry7710766"]WITB Link[/url]

So let me get this straight, you 'dropped' the shaft while reaching for it and it snaps? The same shaft you just swung at 100mph snaps when dropped? This doesn't pass the smell test to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mavrik

Ping hybrids

Miura CB-1008/MB-001

Callaway Jaws 5 50*

TM TW 56*

Ping Tess JAS

Dropped it over his knee. 

• Haha 2

Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/80141-ckays-witb-duw-update-on-pg-3/page__st__60__p__7710766__hl__+ckay#entry7710766"]WITB Link[/url]

No abuse of the club happened in either scenario. The first shaft broke off at the handle while doing a trackman session. 

Only reason the I can think of why the second shaft broke is that it was already cracked. The club just slipped out of my hand when I was picking up; it fell a total of 3 to 4 feet.

I'm not a big swinger. Swing speed today was averaging around 95.

Accra will not replace the shaft because it is out of warranty. Did not expect them too. They offered to sell a shaft at 50% off. But I would rather save my money for a new fit/drive in the spring. Going to use the Hazrdus Smoke Black that came with the driver for now.