Jump to content

New Mizuno Drivers: ST-X, ST-Z


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maiden voyage tomorrow 😍

Way too late of a release. Most people have their shiny new Callaway, Tmade, Ping or Titleist driver. Huge marketing fail IMO. It won’t sell just like their other drivers and will be half off by the e

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cz13X4 said:

Funny. I’ve also been eyeing  the mizuno stuff....

 

Yeah I also really like how it was stock 45 inches so it just felt right. I will definitely be doing more testing because it was outperforming the rad speed I just got. FML lol

COBRA F9 10.5  - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 55

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH TC 15.0  - Tour AD TP 7
COBRA SPEEDZONE  19 - Recoil 

TAYLORMADE P770 '17 - 4-GW - PXI  

VOKEY SM7 Raw Black 54F / 58L- Hi Rev 2.0 / TOULON Chicago 33.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Landy said:

WHAT?!!  Do you have more details?  Thank you

 

Well so I went in to check the swing weight on the rad speed and and it came in at D2 with the smoke rdx blue. It felt light so was just curious. I see the Mizuno STZ demo and I wanted to check out the crown cause it looked different in pics and its actually pretty cool. The demo bay was open so I was like why not. I hit a few with each and then eventually switching back and forth. Both 10.5 head and yeah I was getting better dispersion and ball speed with the Mizuno ST-Z

 

Now the only thing I can't say for sure is the shafts were completely different. The Mizuno had an Evenflow riptide CB and the Rad Speed had the smoke RDX blue. That RDX blue is no joke its low launch low spin and the tip is really stiff. It really could just be the shaft is not a good fit for me. I assumed it would be because I am coming from a smoke yellow but to me they feel nothing alike and the RDX Blue is much stiffer. 

 

I will do more testing cause it could just be a one off but yeah was blown away. I also really want to check out the three wood. I didn't see one in the demo area but also looks incredible in pics.

Edited by mtex22
  • Like 2

COBRA F9 10.5  - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 55

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH TC 15.0  - Tour AD TP 7
COBRA SPEEDZONE  19 - Recoil 

TAYLORMADE P770 '17 - 4-GW - PXI  

VOKEY SM7 Raw Black 54F / 58L- Hi Rev 2.0 / TOULON Chicago 33.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mtex22 said:

 

Well so I went in to check the swing weight on the rad speed and and it came in at D2 with the smoke rdx blue. It felt light so was just curious. I see the Mizuno STZ demo and I wanted to check out the crown cause it looked different in pics and its actually pretty cool. The demo bay was open so I was like why not. I hit a few with each and then eventually switching back and forth. Both 10.5 head and yeah I was getting better dispersion and ball speed with the Mizuno ST-Z

 

Now the only thing I can't say for sure is the shafts were completely different. The Mizuno had an Evenflow riptide CB and the Rad Speed had the smoke RDX blue. That RDX blue is no joke its low launch low spin and the tip is really stiff. It really could just be the shaft is not a good fit for me. I assumed it would be because I am coming from a smoke yellow but to me they feel nothing alike and the RDX Blue is much stiffer. 

 

I will do more testing cause it could just be a one off but yeah was blown away. I also really want to check out the three wood. I didn't see one in the demo area but also looks incredible in pics.

Please keep us posted and hit them straight!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The stz feels and sounds extremely good.. way better than expected. I have not seen numbers yet but it was extremely pleasant to hit.

  • Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the correct lie angle at the std setting? Mizuno website in the spec section say 56.6* - 59.5* but on the sleeve adjustment section it shows 58.5* - 61.5*. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
Ping g25 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2021 at 12:05 AM, idontnoh said:

Exciting to hear. Anyone hit the ST X yet? 

 

Really liked the ST-X over the -Z. I got some nice numbers with it even using a very rusty winter swing. It's not overly draw biased at all and has a great feel and sound. Had my best results at the 8.5° setting and with the Ventus Black shaft. Liked it so much, I ordered one along with the 3-wood.

 

20 hours ago, hammergolf said:

What’s the correct lie angle at the std setting? Mizuno website in the spec section say 56.6* - 59.5* but on the sleeve adjustment section it shows 58.5* - 61.5*. 

 

The -X is definitely more upright than the -Z, but the numbers on the site are definitely off compared to the adjustment charts. Will have to contact a friend there to get clarification and report back.

 

As an FYI, here's a face view of each with the lie angle difference shown.

 

1683297473_STdriverheadsfaceview.jpg.3f0d91d7847a4e16082f35ec383594ed.jpg

 

Edited by Hammer22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hammer22 said:

 

Really likes the ST-X over the -Z - got some nice numbers with it even using a very rusty winter swing. It's not overly draw biased at all and has a great feel and sound. Had my best results at the 8.5° setting and with the Ventus Black shaft. Liked it so much, I ordered one along with the 3-wood.

 

 

The -X is definitely more upright than the -Z, but the numbers on the site are definitely off compared to the adjustment charts. Will have to contact a friend there to get clarification and report back.

 

As an FYI, here's a face view of each with the lie angle difference shown.

 

1683297473_STdriverheadsfaceview.jpg.3f0d91d7847a4e16082f35ec383594ed.jpg

 

Thanks for the reply.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
Ping g25 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hammer22 said:

 

Really liked the ST-X over the -Z. I got some nice numbers with it even using a very rusty winter swing. It's not overly draw biased at all and has a great feel and sound. Had my best results at the 8.5° setting and with the Ventus Black shaft. Liked it so much, I ordered one along with the 3-wood.

 

 

The -X is definitely more upright than the -Z, but the numbers on the site are definitely off compared to the adjustment charts. Will have to contact a friend there to get clarification and report back.

 

As an FYI, here's a face view of each with the lie angle difference shown.

 

1683297473_STdriverheadsfaceview.jpg.3f0d91d7847a4e16082f35ec383594ed.jpg

 

Incredible information and thanks for the picture of the lie angle. Seeing that picture definitely shows me why they’re called -Z and -X. Did not expect the face of the -X to be that deep. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, idontnoh said:

Incredible information and thanks for the picture of the lie angle. Seeing that picture definitely shows me why they’re called -Z and -X. Did not expect the face of the -X to be that deep. 

Here’s a side view as well that shows the face heights:


C025A382-2735-4884-AAB6-DD3D0EF24D07.jpeg.4cfe3f1fc5b5a82b577d0f37f386ff21.jpeg

And some 3D drawings that show the structures nicely:

 

005E4BFD-6E2E-41C1-AF2F-962239BAAFB4.jpeg.8b7f7acdb9483d09be5ea7db415c2987.jpeg

 

 

 

Edited by Hammer22
  • Thanks 1

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was tooling around on the Mizuno site.  When I played around with a potential pre-order for a fairway, I didn’t see anywhere to do a custom order (change to another one of the no up-charge shafts).  Anyone else had this issue? Placed a pre-order? Found a work-around? 

Taylormade Original One 12*

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 17.5*

Mizuno CLK 21*

Callaway Apex CF19 5-P

Cleveland CBX2 50* 58*
Bettinardi Queen 🐝 #10
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 8:19 PM, hammergolf said:

What’s the correct lie angle at the std setting? Mizuno website in the spec section say 56.6* - 59.5* but on the sleeve adjustment section it shows 58.5* - 61.5*. 

 

As an update to this, the lie angles on the site under "Specifications" are correct. The graphs showing the sleeves are wrong and should be updated soon. 

 

ST-X: 59 - 62

ST-Z: 56.5 - 59.5

ST-Z-3: 55.5 - 58.5

ST-Z-5: 56 - 59

Edited by Hammer22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jut said:

I was tooling around on the Mizuno site.  When I played around with a potential pre-order for a fairway, I didn’t see anywhere to do a custom order (change to another one of the no up-charge shafts).  Anyone else had this issue? Placed a pre-order? Found a work-around? 

 

Go through a vendor - that's the normal process.

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hammer22 said:

 

As an update to this, the lie angles on the site under "Specifications" are correct. The graphs showing the sleeves are wrong and should be updated soon. 

 

ST-X: 59 - 62

ST-Z: 56.5 - 59.5

ST-Z-3: 55.5 - 58.5

ST-Z-5: 56 - 59

It's incredible that you have better info than the website...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, idontnoh said:

It's incredible that you have better info than the website...

 

What is even funnier is all the demo fitting drivers in San Diego are regular flex in the busiest store in San Diego. And no Fairway woods in sight. Really? @Vosh68

  • Haha 1

COBRA F9 10.5  - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 55

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH TC 15.0  - Tour AD TP 7
COBRA SPEEDZONE  19 - Recoil 

TAYLORMADE P770 '17 - 4-GW - PXI  

VOKEY SM7 Raw Black 54F / 58L- Hi Rev 2.0 / TOULON Chicago 33.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hammer22 said:

 

Go through a vendor - that's the normal process.

I get that I can do that, but it seems weird that the OEM would take stock orders, yet not custom orders.  When I chatted with Mizuno yesterday, they said this is exactly the case.  They can do stock orders on the website, but not anything custom.  So I guess I place the custom order through a distributor (ex. Discount Dans) and they then in turn contact Mizuno to have it built to spec?  Just odd.  If I want to place a custom order say through Cobra, I can do it all right on their website with no middle man involved.  Just a better overall customer service experience in my opinion.    

Taylormade Original One 12*

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 17.5*

Mizuno CLK 21*

Callaway Apex CF19 5-P

Cleveland CBX2 50* 58*
Bettinardi Queen 🐝 #10
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2021 at 12:00 PM, ASN21 said:

These drivers and fairways are such a good value with the Motore X as the stock shaft. It’s what I play in my driver and 3 wood and has me thinking how good these woods might be as well. Love the clean looks. 

 

Yes. Pretty sure it's the real deal Motore as well, which is a $275 shaft. They're insanely good value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MMB1500 said:

 

Yes. Pretty sure it's the real deal Motore as well, which is a $275 shaft. They're insanely good value. 

Yep. Once these have a price drop later this year I will probably snag a driver and 3 wood with the Motore X.  I got an F3 for my driver and 3 wood from Will and it just flat out performs. Looks killer as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jut said:

I get that I can do that, but it seems weird that the OEM would take stock orders, yet not custom orders.  When I chatted with Mizuno yesterday, they said this is exactly the case.  They can do stock orders on the website, but not anything custom.  So I guess I place the custom order through a distributor (ex. Discount Dans) and they then in turn contact Mizuno to have it built to spec?  Just odd.  If I want to place a custom order say through Cobra, I can do it all right on their website with no middle man involved.  Just a better overall customer service experience in my opinion.    

Sign of a good company IMO. 
 

Supporting the dealers and promoting fitting. I’d argue a fitted product in the hands of a golfer is free marketing. 
 

People grabbing off the rack ( ie. Stock product) is most likely not going to fit the golfer. In turn they won’t utilize its potential in front of spectators. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

Does anyone know if Mizuno offers shaft tippping on custom orders?

 

Mizuno can do anything you want. Go to this site and play - shows all options that you can input and there is even a Comments box where you can specify anything additional such as SW: https://www.golfusamanhattan.com/

 

On 2/3/2021 at 8:58 AM, Jut said:

I get that I can do that, but it seems weird that the OEM would take stock orders, yet not custom orders.  When I chatted with Mizuno yesterday, they said this is exactly the case.  They can do stock orders on the website, but not anything custom.  So I guess I place the custom order through a distributor (ex. Discount Dans) and they then in turn contact Mizuno to have it built to spec?  Just odd.  If I want to place a custom order say through Cobra, I can do it all right on their website with no middle man involved.  Just a better overall customer service experience in my opinion.    

 

That's just the way it is with Mizuno. Their Optimizer is an important part of the fitting process and it will also recommend woods, so they place an emphasis on fitters/vendors for all the custom orders. It's not a difficult process at all. If you want custom and just feel like using the web to input your specifics, the site I listed above is another excellent source.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 7 replies
    • 2021 Valero Texas Open - discussion & links
      Please put any questions or comments here. 
       
      This week, the PGA Tour is at TPC San Antonio on the Oaks Course for the Valero Texas Open. GolfWRX was on-site Tuesday to catch a glimpse into the bags of some of the world’s top golfers.
       
      The field of 144 is getting ready to battle starting Thursday for the $7.7 million purse, with $1.386 million going to the winner. The tournament is also the last event where players can qualify for The Masters, just like Canadian Corey Conners did last year.
       
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.
       

       
      2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #1 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #2 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #3 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #4 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #5 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #6 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #7 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #8  


       
      Cameron putters (added Bernd Wiesberger's custom T-11) -2021 Valero Texas Open Piretti putters -2021 Valero Texas Open Branden Grace testing AutoFlex shaft @ 2021 Valero Texas Open  
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.
       

       
      • 29 replies
    • **GIVEAWAY** Odyssey Ten Triple Track Putter! ENTER NOW!
      NEW Odyssey Ten Triple Track putter giveaway!!!.To enter reply in this thread that you're IN!
       
      That's it. You'll be entered into the giveaway (one entry per person). Winner chosen at random in two weeks. Be sure to check out the attached pics. Good luck!
       
      If you are not a member her please register here to allow you to reply to this post and enter. Registration is free... https://forums.golfwrx.com/register/
      ======================================================================================================
      We randomize all the number of posts and the #1 number on the top is the winner. Say there is 1,000 replies from members. We will randomize 1 to 1,000 using a website that has a randomizer. It scrambles the numbers and the #1 is the first place and the #2 is the second etc. If the winner has duplicate entries we count the first
       





       
      • 1,599 replies
    • 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #1
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #2
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #3
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #4
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #5
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #6
       
       

       
      Hideki testing putters at WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Odyssey/Toulon Atlanta putter - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Cameron putters - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Patrick Reed testing TPT shafts 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
       
       
        • Like
      • 54 replies
    • 2021 Players - discussion and links
      Please post any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Players - Monday #1
      2021 Players - Monday #2
      2021 Players - Monday #3
      2021 Players - Monday #4
      2021 Players - Tuesday #1
      2021 Players - Tuesday #2
      2021 Players - Tuesday #3
      2021 Players - Tuesday #4
      2021 Players - Tuesday #5
      2021 Players - Tuesday #6
       
       

       
      Maverick McNealy's custom 1 of 1 Callaway Apex MB irons - 2021 Players
      Adam Long's Cameron T-5 proto - 2021 Players
      Abraham Ancer's custom Muira irons and custom MMT shafts - 2021 Players
      Bettinardi putters & cover - 2021 Players
      Jon Rahm's bag - 2021 Players
      Xander Schauffele's bag - 2021 Players
      Sergio with a Cameron putter - 2021 Players
      Cameron T11 & 11.5 putters - 2021 Players
      Sergio Garcia's clubs - 2021 Players
      Scott Brown's Odyssey gamer - 2021 Players
       
       
       
      • 52 replies

×
×
  • Create New...