APPLY NOW: Cobra King Tour Irons with MIM Technology! Looking for 2 Testers!

1. City and State? Monroe, MI

2. Handicap? 9

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? Taylormade PSI Tour

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Performance and feel

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. City and State? Palm Harbor, FL

2. Handicap? 6

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yep!

4. Current Iron setup? Taylormade P760 , Modus 130

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Address aesthetics, feel.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? For sure! 

Callaway Mavrik SZ - 10.5* - MCA Tensei AV White 75TX

Cobra SpeedZone "4" - 18* - Recoil SMAC 

Taylormade P760 - 4-PW - Modus 130

Vokey Wedges - 52/56 - DG AMT S300

Scotty GoLo5

Honestly, I'm quite intrigued.  I haven't considered Cobra for quite some time and I honestly have no idea how their stuff performs anymore.  Having said that, thank you for the opportunity Cobra and WRX!

1. City and State? San Diego

2. Handicap? 8.0

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yep, easily.

4. Current Iron setup? MP20 MMC

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons?  Forgiveness and length.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  100%.   It'd be my pleasure.

1. City and State?

A:  Highland, CA

2. Handicap?

A:  2.2

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?

A:  Yes!

4. Current Iron setup?

A:  Cobra Forged One Length, KBS Tour stiff

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons?

A:  Cobra Golf!  Love the brand and I also have: Pars and Stripes, Extreme 3 wood, 2 MIM wedges as well.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?.

A:  Of course, I love to do golf videos and blogging

Building my 2021 Bag (Taylormade)

DRIVER:    Taylormade SIM

WOOD:     Vacant

IRONS:     Taylormade P7 MC

WEDGE:  Taylormade MG2 50

WEDGE:  Taylormade MG2 TW 56

WEDGE:  Taylormade MG2 TW 60

PUTTER:  Taylormade Tour Issue Spider X

BALL:       Taylormade TP5X

1. City and State? Baltimore, MD

2. Handicap? +0.4

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? PING i210 4-PW w/Recoil 110F4

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Tight distance control, and turf interaction

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. Campobello SC

2.  0.4

3.absolutley.  Can probably test same day of receipt 

4.mizuno mp20 combo / Fuji pro 125x 

5. I look for feel and turf interaction.  
6. yes. I’d be happy to participate in A testing thread.   Would include trackman numbers and comparisons to several options I have on hand.  

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 18* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

1. City and State? Lino Lakes Minnesota

2. Handicap? +.2

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Well considering it's snowing I cannot test outside but we have trackman simulators set up and ready to use.

4. Current Iron setup? Callaway Apex Pro 19 with DG TI x100, z cord grips

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Needs to have a clean topline, forgiving, and consistent. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely 

1. City and State? Peachtree City, GA

2. Handicap? 10.2

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW with Modus 120 X

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Minimal offset, thin topline and distance control.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Always!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

1. City and State?- Dallas Texas

2. Handicap?-7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? I live in Texas. Its always golf season! Of course I can

4. Current Iron setup? Srixon 565 and 765 combo set. Recoil 95 Prototype F4

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Landing angle and spin. Then feel 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Of Course. Would be honored to 

1. City and State? Conway, AR

2. Handicap? 5.3

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? yes

4. Current Iron setup? jpx800pro/gs95 stiff

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? spin/peak height

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yes

1. City and State? Hoschton GA

2. Handicap? 8.9

4. Current Iron setup? Ping i210 4-UW

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Turf interaction, forgiveness and feel.

1. City and State?  South Brunswick, NJ

2. Handicap? 18

4. Current Iron setup?  Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 5-PW w/TT XP95

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons?  Medium top line, forgiveness on toe strikes

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Yes, of course!

Thanks WRX!

1. City and State? Encinitas, CA

2. Handicap? 5.1

4. Current Iron setup? Cobra King Forged CB (the late 2018 release)

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? A little bit of forgiveness in a tight package with forged feel. Curious if these provide noticeably more forgiveness than the CBs I'm playing

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Of course!

Driver:  Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

1. City and State? Halethorpe, Maryland

2. Handicap? 2.3

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? Srixon z765

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Feel and dispersion

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes!

1. City and State? Hillsboro OR

2. Handicap? 25

4. Current Iron setup? PXG 0211 4-GW KBS tour 120 Stiff

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Clean lines, new technology, feel

Driver: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63

3W: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X 2I HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: Sub 70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long

Wedges  54*,60*:  Ping S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: Snell MTB or KSigs or Srixon Z Star XV

I have been wanting to try these! I wonder how they feel compared to my Miuras.

1. City and State? Eagle Mountain, Utah

2. Handicap? 2.7

4. Current Iron setup? Miura CB 57 with Nippon Modus 120TX shafts

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Great look at address, with superb feel, and a tad of forgiveness.

1. City and State? Seattle, WA

2. Handicap? 3.5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes I can

4. Current Iron setup? Cobra Forged Tour

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? dispersion

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yup!

1. City and State? Leicester, MA 

2. Handicap? 6

4. Current Iron setup? Taylor Made TP MCs (Daniel Berger special), S300 

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Aesthetics (top line, grooves, offset, squareness of toe, sole etc) 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely 

1. City and State?  White Marsh, MD

2. Handicap?  10

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?  Absolutely

4. Current Iron setup?  Steelhead XR Pro/KBS Tour V

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons?  Dispersion on mis-hits

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely

/ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye /

City and State? Melrose, NY

2. Handicap? 9.2

4. Current Iron setup? Srixon 585/785 combo

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons?looks and feel 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Would love too

1. City and State? Kansas City, Missouri area

2. Handicap? 6.6

4. Current Iron setup? Titleist T100 4-PW, 

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? confidence at address

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yes

1. City and State? Memphis, TN

2. Handicap?10.3

4. Current Iron setup? Adams CB3 with Ctaper 120 S+

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Feel

1. City and State?  Kansas City, MO

2. Handicap? 13.0

4. Current Iron setup? Callaway Rogue irons. 6-pw Aerotech 95S shafts - RH -

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons?  Looks at address and feel. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Yes

1. City and State? Cherokee, IA

2. Handicap? 8

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? YES

4. Current Iron setup? MP20

5. What is the top thing you look for when buying new irons? Consistency

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes