2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2021 Cobra King Tour irons with MIM technology (4, 7, PW in-hand)

BAlberstadt

What is the handi cap range for these clubs

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Nobody know for sure I guess

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Well I just talked to their Rep and he said these are designed to be a players club with a handi cap from 1-10. Fits in with the TM 770, Mizzy 921's, T100's as I'm really liking what I see. I've watch several different videos with 3 different reviews as 2 were pretty much blown away with everything about them and then I watch Rick Sheilds video. He close to hitting 2 in the hole and 2 others close birdie range and 1 a bit of the green, but distance controls; perfect. 

Then  he only rates them as good not quite there but Cobra is getting there, seriously just what would he consider being a great club as for someone who shots 100 in a Pro Am I think if he were playing the new King Tour irons he would have broke 100. I want to hear if anyone has hit them as my wallet is starting to shake real hard. 

These look great.  I ordered a set mainly because they offer my shafts and grips as options. 😛

Will be curious how they spec out when I get them.  I was very specific with the length on the order so hopefully they get it right.  (37.25" 7 iron on a bench ruler to end of grip, which it shows is their standard.)

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

I went to the store today to check out the new Callaway X Forged CB's and I saw these in person. I ended up trying both and was blown away by the feel and the performance if the King Tour. In comparison the X Forged felt much firmer. Night and day really in the feel department. I hope they make these in the black finish not really digging the chrome. 

62571169280__ECB98BB6-4992-43B4-8CC2-22658255FDA1.jpeg

IMG_7580.jpeg

Edited by mtex22
  • Thanks 1

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

I also thought about the X Forged CB but seriously I know they say looks aren't everything but Callaway really dropped the ball on this one. All newer equipment perform nicely but this year Cobra hit a home run with the looks, feel and performance department. I'm sure other would like to see Cobra come out with some different finishes but for now I'm digging the chrome as some may say it's too busy on the back but I feel like everything is in it's place where it should be. Good job Cobra. My set will be here on the 4th

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 17and76driver said:

Yeah hopefully they come out in one length. Anyone have any rumors on this?

Probably won't know that till this spring when the Left handed model come out. Hope they do as Im not a fan of the one length but I know many are. 

• Thanks 1

I got my set.  They are going back.  They are standard (37" 7 iron) and not 37.25" just for reference when anybody is ordering.  They look great and will be excited to play them once I get them back.

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

Sorry to hear that your order didn't come out just right. I just went thru that with another company. Hope they get return fast as I would really like to hear as many positive reviews possible as these irons look amazing. 

On 10/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, Masse1369 said:

I got my set.  They are going back.  They are standard (37" 7 iron) and not 37.25" just for reference when anybody is ordering.  They look great and will be excited to play them once I get them back.

not sure how cobra measures, but normally on irons how I measure matches theirs perfect but woods are always .25" short to what they state. 

wonder if that is starting to show up in irons now too

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

5 hours ago, casey_0507 said:

not sure how cobra measures, but normally on irons how I measure matches theirs perfect but woods are always .25" short to what they state. 

wonder if that is starting to show up in irons now too

I was very specific with my notes and they came back and told me they don't measure on a bench ruler, which should be the standardized way of measuring.  As far as know, Mizuno and Cobra are the only ones different now.  Bottom line is I wrote out in detail what length I wanted them to play giving them the cut length (on a bench ruler and stated it should be measured on a bench ruler).  I understand if they don't use that method because it wouldn't make sense for the scale of their operation but whoever started the order should know their measurements are 1/4" off and adjusted.  I requested TV +4 grips and the 4 iron and PW came with Standard (what I wanted) and the rest had midsize.  They said the clubs went through 2 supervisors and checked out.  I told them in an email response if there were 2 supervisors that checked the clubs and didn't noticed the midsize grips they shouldn't be supervisors.  They were swingweighted for the midsize grips too.  This is why I build everything.

I would say they are sort of midsize players look with very little offset and have sort of a round shape to them.  The shaping, chrome and offset really give them a great look IMO.  Sort of reminded me of 919 HMP in appearance but disguise the offset even better.  Every reviewer has said they feel amazing so I am excited.  

24 minutes ago, Masse1369 said:

I was very specific with my notes and they came back and told me they don't measure on a bench ruler, which should be the standardized way of measuring.  As far as know, Mizuno and Cobra are the only ones different now.  Bottom line is I wrote out in detail what length I wanted them to play giving them the cut length (on a bench ruler and stated it should be measured on a bench ruler).  I understand if they don't use that method because it wouldn't make sense for the scale of their operation but whoever started the order should know their measurements are 1/4" off and adjusted.  I requested TV +4 grips and the 4 iron and PW came with Standard (what I wanted) and the rest had midsize.  They said the clubs went through 2 supervisors and checked out.  I told them in an email response if there were 2 supervisors that checked the clubs and didn't noticed the midsize grips they shouldn't be supervisors.  They were swingweighted for the midsize grips too.  This is why I build everything.

I would say they are sort of midsize players look with very little offset and have sort of a round shape to them.  The shaping, chrome and offset really give them a great look IMO.  Sort of reminded me of 919 HMP in appearance but disguise the offset even better.  Every reviewer has said they feel amazing so I am excited.  

sucks man. If a manufacturer allows custom

orders you'd think it'd behoove them to let the person know placing the order how they measure. 

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

I'm sure Cobra will make this right as I just had a mess up with my PING G710 as it was a simple mistake but it slipped thru Quality Control and I thought to myself OMG tell me it's not possible for PING of all brands to mess my order up. I know many people are upset with the big delays in there orders then to have an order just not right during this pandemic. Once Callaway had every iron on my APEX CF 16 loft was wrong.

Maybe when it comes to length that is one of the reasons people buy one length irons now it to avoid any mistakes. When TM P770's came out Wow there were several mistakes on custom orders with them and here is a shocker even PXG had some quality issues when it came to custom orders. Yes it will get corrected, I just hope it's a fast return as many are waiting to hear all about how these clubs perform. 

3 hours ago, Masse1369 said:

Sorry to hear this.  I've always wondered if I wanted a set without arcos, but wanted them at the same length I demo'd them at, if I would need to add =1/4"?  Always wondered

My set just arrived today 2 days earlier than the delivery date that was said in my e-mail. Thats just crazy these didn't even take a week from the time I ordered. Talk about a beautiful set as everything came out perfect, swing weight, lofts adjustment and lie, grips with an extra wrap as I did order standard length  which I wonder if I would have ask for a specific length would they got that right. Probably would have as I'm one very happy person and now if only the weather would corporate as it's only been in the upper 40's. If anyone has an issue with their order be patient as I'm sure customer service will get everything straighten out as I just can't say enough how Cobra's customer service did an excellent job with my order to include my discount for being a military veteran. 

• Like 3

Just an update.  I got my set delivered from Cobra, uncut with the grips in the box.  Cut them to length, put some ProSoft inserts in them and slapped grips on.  Swingweights were spot on.  Quick background, I have been a club junkie since the 1990s.  I have been building golf clubs since about 1995.  I was a Master Fitter for PXG and have been in and out of golf most of my life.

These are the best irons I have ever hit and I hit maybe 50 balls total with 9-7-5-4 at a public course with hard range balls.  Forgiving, look great and they feel spectacular.  I made some swing progress in my last session but only hit drivers and wedges that day. I just laughed at the first ball I hit with the 9 iron, it felt so good, especially considering the balls I was hitting.  They feel great and ball flight was excellent.  I'm sort of a human Trackman since I have used one so much and with the 7 iron (33°) I would guess normalized I would have been around 16 launch and 6200 spin.  Please give them a try if you get the chance.

• Like 2

Does anyone have or able to post an address pic of the King Tour 8 iron?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
PXG Gen 6 0311P (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 51° - Oban CT 115s+
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 55° - Oban CT 125s+
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 60° - Oban CT 125s+

Toulon Las Vegas DB

Thank you! 🙂

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
PXG Gen 6 0311P (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 51° - Oban CT 115s+
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 55° - Oban CT 125s+
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 60° - Oban CT 125s+

Toulon Las Vegas DB

I stopped in a shop and got to hit them this afternoon, and I have to say they felt great. They were about half a club longer than regular T100 and 770 but half a club short of 790. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

They will be shorter than the 790's as those lofts are jacked up as with the PING G710's. I really like the feel of the KING TOUR MIM's. These are some of the best feeling irons that I've ever hit.  I'm glad I pulled the trigger and got these as I have the Recoil shafts in mine as they perform much better than I was expecting. I've played Recoils in s55's , Apex CF16's and a few others as these Cobra are amazing, great turf interaction is a plus as these are so easy to hit no matter the lie. Love'em

• Like 1

Man these look good!! I really wanna move on from my blades/cb at the moment and try a beefed up players CB ( T100,APex pro, I210, these) and the grip and shaft options are awesome for these! Tempted to get Cobra in the bag in 2021 

Callaway Paradym 9* PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 60 6.0

Callaway Paradym 15* - PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 70 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 3 HB 20* - Tensei White 85 S

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW - DG 105 S300

Vokey SM9 50* - 54* - 58* - TT Wedge 

Odyssey White Hot OG 2 Ball

Titleist ProV1

On 10/31/2020 at 9:30 AM, Masse1369 said:

Cobra comes at 1/4” longer if you order stock grip on their previous irons. 
will have to check it out 

Edited by therealjonzone

1 hour ago, m_w said:

So wait, I usually play 1/2" long - would I need to order 3/4" long from Cobra to get to the same length? (38.5" 5 iron)

There is a chart on page one (same as Cobra website), 5 iron with Arcos is 38.5", or 38.25" without Arcos 

Callaway Mavrik 9*, Kuro Kage Black 60gr Stiff..
Callaway Rogue 3 wood.
Titleist U510 3 iron.
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5 - PW.
Vokey SM7, 50F, 54S, 58D.
Scotty Cameron Futura X5.