• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TaylorMade M3 3 wood. 139cc.

Taylormade M2 tour.  Love that club!

TaylorMade 2016 M2 deep face is another good option if you can find one. Pretty sure Koepka is still gaming his. I think TM has also released some 'small' tour head options in their most recent fairwa

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I still have my tour issue r7 ale 13 degree that I will periodically take out on the course for craps and giggles.  It's one of the best small 3 metals IMO and used to be my fairway finder. 

One of my all time favorites! Had a R7 TP HFS TI model that was so clutch for a long time. It finally caved. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, extrastiff said:

modern wood heads are not responsible for low bullets, technique (along with a bit of loft and shaft profile) is what u want

that being said, f8+, f9 tour, speedback or zone tour. . .

OP u were spot on, cobra is the only small one worth bying and it will knock a couple hundred rpm off with that front weight placement

Had the F8+ , F9 tour and Big Tour(its healthy) and the f9 tour seemed to be the smallest , more shallow profile but still produced low launch / low spin for the bullet balls. While they were good , I wouldn't say they were the only ones worth buying. Lot of good fairways out there. Hardest thing in the bag for me to get just right. 

Honestely I cannot find a fairway that goes high. I smothered the ball for so many years I deloft everything.  I hit a Sldr 5hl yesterday just high enough to cut shrubs. 

If I could I would love to give this issue away to you OP.  It sucks but I do play well in the wind at least.

WITB
- TI M3 - 10.5 w/ Haz Black or KK Proto 60s
- TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD  & TI Sldr Mini 14*w/ PX 7c3
- CBX 18* and 20* w/ Haz Yellow - 910 17-19* w Diamana
- Srixon z945’s w/s400 
- Tour Issue Cleveland CG10 54-60
-Putters  - VLine Tank wrist lock / Tank 1 Versa wrist lock / TC VLine WHP
Testing - Everything and Anything to try and improve. Golf is all what you make of it. 

1 minute ago, Ben Berube said:

Honestely I cannot find a fairway that goes high. I smothered the ball for so many years I deloft everything.  I hit a Sldr 5hl yesterday just high enough to cut shrubs. 

If I could I would love to give this issue away to you OP.  It sucks but I do play well in the wind at least.

Rough task when delofting for sure. But , anything that's a shallower profile , should help, no? 

• Thanks 1

Edited by MPAndreassi
multi post

Ping G410 LST 9* @ 7.5* / Fujikura Ventus Black 7x tipped 1"

Tour Issue TaylorMade SIM Ti 18.2* @ 16.2* / Fujikura Ventus Black 8x tipped 1 1/2"

TaylorMade SIM UDI 18* / Fujikura Ventus Black 10tx tipped 1 1/2"

Titleist T100S 4-W @ 2* weak / Dynamic Gold X7

Callaway MD5 Jaws Raw 54-12x @ 55-13 / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx X100

Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 60-8w / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx X100

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Edited by MPAndreassi
multi post

Tour Issue TaylorMade SIM Ti 18.2* @ 16.2* / Fujikura Ventus Black 8x tipped 1 1/2"

Callaway MD5 Jaws Raw 54-12x @ 55-13 / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx X100

Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 60-8w / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx X100

7 hours ago, klausdude said:

Okay...here goes...

Sonartec SS03

Sonartec GS14

Adams 5050

Adams 4060

Bridgestone J33 

4060 is top three all time for me. It's been so long since I had one I forgot all about them. 

Been trying to replace my Nike VR Pro LE fairway, still cant find anything as consistent and as nice to look down at

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M4 (9.5) - Diamana D+ 70X

3W: Nike VR Pro LE (15) - Diamana S 83X

Utility: Taylormade GAPR Lo 3i (19) - Tensei CK Pro White 100TX

Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (4-PW) - DG X100

Wedges: Vokey SM7 52.8, SM8 56.10, 60.04 - DG S400

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #3

An old school Callaway S2H2 might fit the bill.  Duval & Couples used them back in the day.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

16 hours ago, OSUBuckeyeFan8 said:

TaylorMade 2016 M2 deep face is another good option if you can find one. Pretty sure Koepka is still gaming his. I think TM has also released some 'small' tour head options in their most recent fairway options you can find on that auction site or maybe from Will Peoples. 

Bingo. Astoundingly good. 

Edited by Qegurezi
13 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

Had the F8+ , F9 tour and Big Tour(its healthy) and the f9 tour seemed to be the smallest , more shallow profile but still produced low launch / low spin for the bullet balls. While they were good , I wouldn't say they were the only ones worth buying. Lot of good fairways out there. Hardest thing in the bag for me to get just right. 

I just meant they are the smallest that the big companies make. My main point is all fairway woods can be manipulated to produce low flights if the player is good enough, so the only one “worth” the OP purchasing is the only one that pleases his “smallest” requirement if necessary, plus they can still be found easily on amazon and such. Going with the lower spinning head will just make it a little easier, along with low spin ball and shaft. 

Edited by extrastiff
13 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

Rough task when delofting for sure. But , anything that's a shallower profile , should help, no? 

Thanks for the idea bro. I will try something like a Ping? My buddy gave me his m3 woods to try out.  Will work on a flatter swing too.

• Like 2

WITB
- TI M3 - 10.5 w/ Haz Black or KK Proto 60s
- TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD  & TI Sldr Mini 14*w/ PX 7c3
- CBX 18* and 20* w/ Haz Yellow - 910 17-19* w Diamana
- Srixon z945’s w/s400 
- Tour Issue Cleveland CG10 54-60
-Putters  - VLine Tank wrist lock / Tank 1 Versa wrist lock / TC VLine WHP
Testing - Everything and Anything to try and improve. Golf is all what you make of it. 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:08 AM, OSUBuckeyeFan8 said:

TaylorMade 2016 M2 deep face is another good option if you can find one. Pretty sure Koepka is still gaming his. I think TM has also released some 'small' tour head options in their most recent fairway options you can find on that auction site or maybe from Will Peoples. 

Had one of these with 12g of hot melt in it , holy grail of modern day 3w

Driver SIM 10.5 Ventus BLK 6x tipped 1” , 1* tour tip hotmelt head 45.75” 3w SIM 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43.25”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

On 10/23/2020 at 11:43 AM, klausdude said:

Okay...here goes...

Sonartec SS03

Sonartec GS14

Adams 5050

Adams 4060

Bridgestone J33 

I hit a J33 3 wood for at least 8 years. Literally played it until the face broke down and cracked on me. My favorite club in the bag for a very long time. The entire J33 line was solid though. Probably the best Bridgestone ever produced. 

3w’s are funny clubs anyway though. The tech hasn’t changed a lot, even as everything else has advanced. It’s also hard to get away from something reliable that you trust. I’m still playing an old X Hot Pro 13.5 to this day, although I have upgraded shafts twice. 

So small headed bullet baller as many mentioned, cobra f8+. I played one for over a year but it has since been replaced with a ping g410.  I find it a more flexible tool in my bag.  I’ve since gone pretty much all ping in the bag as the woods were so good for me.  

Ping 9° G410+ tensi orange s
Ping 3 Wood G410+ tour 75 shaft s.  
Ping 5 wood G410 Alta s
Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana 
Ping G710 DG 105 R300
Ping glide stealth 54° es grind
Ping glide 2 58°. ES
Ping anser f titanium pixel.  

If you could find in good condition , adams xtd the grey head , it’s a small cannon . I went to a 906f2 bc that club the Adams was too long 

Driver SIM 10.5 Ventus BLK 6x tipped 1” , 1* tour tip hotmelt head 45.75” 3w SIM 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43.25”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer