Golf Pride Z grip NO CORD who knows what's up?

My buddy got a Titleist TS4 and it had a Golf Pride Z grip NO CORD on it.  Just like the one that comes on the Taylormade SIM woods but with  a "Golf Pride" logo on it.  Just like the Z Patriot grip that is all rubber but this one was black with white paintfill and a white cap.  The patriot is obviously Blue with white paintfill and a red cap.  Titleist lists Z Grip NO CORD as a custom option.  Golf Pride says they don't exist.  Are these coming out?  Anyone know anything?

Taylormade M5 8.5 Aldila 2KXV Green 65 Tour X
Titleist 917F3 15* Diamana D+ 80X
Titleist 818H2 19* Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718TMB 4, 718MB 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 50.12, SM6 56.14 @ 55*, 60.08 S400
Ping Vault Dale Anser 
- Pro V1X Left Dash

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could be this 

From my dealings with Golf Pride, they never acknowledged proprietary grips even when they were clearly made by Golf Pride.  It likely has to do with contracts with OEM's and non-disclosure. 

Those ZGRIP +2 are wonderful.  The Taylormade version came on my P770s.  I love them.  I will be putting them on all my other clubs this winter.  I have traditionally bounced between an MCC with +1 wr

Posted Images

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Rogue Black 110MSI 70TS | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 5-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 7 | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

1 minute ago, SUPERG said:

Could be this 

image.png.1258b1fa565f169a9cc0e8d424ab71ea.png

1 minute ago, DaltonSTL said:

Nope this one had a white cap.  Titleist offers it in 580 and 600 in 52/50 grams respectivey.  I should of snapped a picture.

Ping Vault Dale Anser 
- Pro V1X Left Dash

Just now, bcflyguy1 said:

They're also on the samples of Apex MB, X Forged CB, and X Forged UT but in all black.

Yes, and Taylormade has a dark grey version on their new 7 series irons.  This was a black/white/white cap Golf Pride logoed grip.

Ping Vault Dale Anser 
- Pro V1X Left Dash

Sounds like it is probably a new grip coming or an OEM option that first line of Golf Pride customer service might not know about. 

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Rogue Black 110MSI 70TS | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 5-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 7 | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

11 minutes ago, webber said:

Nope this one had a white cap.  Titleist offers it in 580 and 600 in 52/50 grams respectivey.  I should of snapped a picture.

The Z Grip non cord is the stock grip that was made for the CNCPT iron line, its available for any order with a small upcharge and comes in a .580 and .600 option. It is the first grip listed on the retailer ordering portal so likely the person that ordered that driver for your buddy (if it wasn't requeted) just clicked the first option.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9.0 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 TX
Titleist TSi3 15 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei AV Raw White 85 TX

Titleist MOTO 915Fd 18 w/ Fujikura Ventus VeloCore Black 9 - X
Titleist CNCPT CP-03 3i, CP-02 4i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI X100
Vokey BVHG SM8 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M w/ TT DG TI
Scotty Cameron Roundback Tour 1.5/Timeless Tourtype SSS
WITB Link

13 minutes ago, Konklifer said:

Is this not the grip the OP is talking about, just in a different color with plus 2 at the bottom?

Nope the one he's talking about has a white cap, its made for Titleist for the CNCPT line of irons, likely not going to be released aftermarket

WITB Link

3 minutes ago, ForTourUseOnly said:

Nope the one he's talking about has a white cap, its made for Titleist for the CNCPT line of irons, likely not going to be released aftermarket

As I said then, the one the OP is describing is just a different color (white cap)? Same grip, texture, etc.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (-)
(fw tbd)
PING i25 22°, 26°
Callaway XHP 6-AW
PING Glide Forged 54°, 58°
PING TR B60, 35"
Srixon Z-Star Yellow
2 minutes ago, Konklifer said:

As I said then, the one the OP is describing is just a different color (white cap)? Same grip, texture, etc.

Yes different colour top and not plus2 its the exact same as a Z Cord with no cord

WITB Link

From my dealings with Golf Pride, they never acknowledged proprietary grips even when they were clearly made by Golf Pride.  It likely has to do with contracts with OEM's and non-disclosure. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

11 minutes ago, Socrates said:

In this case it says "Golf Pride" right on the grip and also on the cap.  Can't deny that.

Edited by webber

Ping Vault Dale Anser 
- Pro V1X Left Dash

Just now, webber said:

In this case it says "Golf Pride" right on the grip and also on the cap.  Can't deny that.

You also have to remember, most CSR's at an OEM know virtually nothing about anything that isn't in their catalogue.  The grips likely is still proprietary to Titleist and therefore the CSR either doesn't know about it or can't comment on it.   Just like GP makes grips for Ping and yet you won't see them on the GP website and can't get them from anyone but Ping or sometimes GolfWorks.  Certainly not from GP.

• Like 1

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

28 minutes ago, webber said:

A lot of grips do especially putter grips, all the rubber scotty grips are golfpride and say it but they won't comment on those either.

• Like 1

WITB Link

52 minutes ago, enfuego said:

I've always been curious why the z grip isn't more popular and available. I feel the pattern is better than tour velvet and would love a midsize option but very hard to find.

I'm with you on having a midsize option for the non-cord version

As far as that new Plus2 version, a couple weeks ago I put one on my driving iron w/ +5 wraps and have been really happy with it. I'm a fan of the cord version, but I've been steering myself towards something a little softer to save the hands/joints. The Z Plus2 might go on the full set for me next season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, leftymatt said:

As far as that new Plus2 version, a couple weeks ago I put one on my driving iron w/ +5 wraps and have been really happy with it. I'm a fan of the cord version, but I've been steering myself towards something a little softer to save the hands/joints. The Z Plus2 might go on the full set for me next season.

+5 wraps probably ends up around the same size as midsize but does it get really hard from all the wraps?

Had those Z grip Patriots on my irons and loved them, will be watching for the new grip. 

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff or Ping G30 9* with regular flex TFC 419D Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70 Taylormade M CGB 4-AW with regular flex Nippon NSPRO840 Callaway MD3 Milled Black Wide sole wedge 56* Odyssey Works #7 Tank Versa with Superstroke

I think cap has almost nothing to do with anything they just change the cap on a few club offerings to be different. My brother has this exact grip on his sim max and i have to say its a great grip and looks great. I am not a fan of corded to be quite honest maybe but then again my hands rarely sweat that bad and i dont play in rain. I allways felt like corded especially heavy cording feels like you would slip worse lol.

12 hours ago, leftymatt said:

Regular zcord .580 pls

• Like 1

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

Those ZGRIP +2 are wonderful.  The Taylormade version came on my P770s.  I love them.  I will be putting them on all my other clubs this winter.  I have traditionally bounced between an MCC with +1 wrap and an MCC+4.....these are right in the sweet spot between the two.  I enjoy the feel of the pattern as well.  Great grip IMO.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
TaylorMade SIM Max 3W 15*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
TaylorMade SIM Max 3H 19*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW, PX LS 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58M

TaylorMade Spider X
SM 4.5LS 14 Way

14 hours ago, enfuego said:

+5 wraps probably ends up around the same size as midsize but does it get really hard from all the wraps?

Great question. It ends up being about perfect for what I like in terms of firmness. The rubber compound has some give to it and the reduced taper helps too. 5 is probably the max # of wraps I would add for this grip though. Could possibly go 1 or 2 more.

Some other grips, especially full cord ones, get to be a bit too firm for me w/ this many wraps. I get that balancing demand/production costs keep brands from offering certain grip models in midsize, but I wish it was a default

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Socrates said:

You also have to remember, most CSR's at an OEM know virtually nothing about anything that isn't in their catalogue.  The grips likely is still proprietary to Titleist and therefore the CSR either doesn't know about it or can't comment on it.   Just like GP makes grips for Ping and yet you won't see them on the GP website and can't get them from anyone but Ping or sometimes GolfWorks.  Certainly not from GP.

Just to add, it's likely the CSR has access to a catalogue of currently (possibly past) available product.   The grips that go to the club OEMs would be worked out between GP and the OEM, and whether or not it says GP, the club OEM would assume all responsibility for it.

It's the grip equivalent of a made for shaft, where the shaft company's customer service has no information on the shaft in front of them and defers to the OEM.

Often this is how shaft (and grip) companies give a better price to club OEMs -- they take on the support.   So GP isn't going to want to have their CSRs spending time answering questions on something that GP doesn't support.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, Konklifer said:

Is this not the grip the OP is talking about, just in a different color with plus 2 at the bottom?

.580?

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

Is the new Taylormade 770 iron grips GP Z Cord? I love the feel of them.  Would buy those if they were available and didn’t say TM. 

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour