2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Morning Drive?

caniac6

Sometimes I’ll watch Sports Center to see Nicole Briscoe.

I like Nicole Briscoe.

Sometimes I’ll watch Around the Horn or Highly Questionable  if Mina Kimes, Katie Nolan, Sara Spain, or Elle Duncan are on. 
I like Mina Kimes, Katie Nolan, Sarah Spain, and Elle Duncan.  
All the above have a good sense of humor and are highly knowledgeable about sports.  

Lisa Cornwell seems like someone that causes the people she works with to feel like they have to walk on eggshells. 
Just one less Golf Channel person I have to mute.   

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus 10.5*

Ping G 3 wood 16*

Ping G15 20* & 23* hybrids

Ping G700 irons 5/UW

Ping Gorge Tour 56* & 60*

Putter Ping Zing 2 BeCu 

7 minutes ago, Mcfly said:

Sometimes I’ll watch Sports Center to see Nicole Briscoe.

I like Nicole Briscoe.

Sometimes I’ll watch Around the Horn or Highly Questionable  if Mina Kimes, Katie Nolan, Sara Spain, or Elle Duncan are on. 
I like Mina Kimes, Katie Nolan, Sarah Spain, and Elle Duncan.  
All the above have a good sense of humor and are highly knowledgeable about sports.  

Lisa Cornwell seems like someone that causes the people she works with to feel like they have to walk on eggshells. 
Just one less Golf Channel person I have to mute.   

Kind of harsh.  I know from experience working with her that is the complete opposite of the case.  Very genuine and one of the nicest around.  

• Like 1

T Bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Taylormade Stealth 2+ - MCA Kai'li Blue 60s

Callaway Epic Speed 3w & 5w - Project X HZRDUS Smoke im10 70s 

Taylormade '21 P790 4-gw - MCA MMT 105s

Taylormade Hi Toe 2 Raw 54, 58 - Aldila NV Black 105s

Wilson Staff Infitinte Buckingham

Srixon Z Star 🔷

4 minutes ago, weezel514 said:

Kind of harsh.  I know from experience working with her that is the complete opposite of the case.  Very genuine and one of the nicest around.  

You worked at the Golf Channel? From your experience, was there a poor working environment for women? 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

5 hours ago, GDTBATH said:

I listened to the whole podcast and it sounded to me like there were instances where she was mistreated, but nothing that rose to the level of discrimination/harrassment, etc. As a lawyer (though not one that practices in workplace discrimination and with no information about what happened here), my guess is they at least feel like they have specifics that make it clear to them at least, that GC categorically mistreated women, but not the men. Because of any ongoing dispute, my guess is they weren't going to share that info. 

I bet we haven't heard the last of this. And of course there are always multiple sides to every story. We may find out that she's dead on in her allegations, or it may end up that she's a bitter ex-employee. I will say she has a heavy hitting lawyer, not a crackpot like Rudy or Ellis or one of those clowns that have no idea what they're doing. 

ETA - FWIW, I always liked Lisa and thought she did a really good job. I hated to see her go. 

This is pretty much my take on it, too.  For me, I really expected to be strongly on her side going into it, but I have to admit that I came away from it feeling like she came across as someone falling more on bitter ex-employee side of the spectrum.  I know Tom Mars is a big-name attorney and have no doubt they were holding back a lot of info that that would tie it all together more clearly, but I'm still surprised they didn't do a better job of explaining their case. 

44 minutes ago, pma1048 said:

This is pretty much my take on it, too.  For me, I really expected to be strongly on her side going into it, but I have to admit that I came away from it feeling like she came across as someone falling more on bitter ex-employee side of the spectrum.  I know Tom Mars is a big-name attorney and have no doubt they were holding back a lot of info that that would tie it all together more clearly, but I'm still surprised they didn't do a better job of explaining their case. 

It would have been better for Tom to have said nothing than the examples he gave

• Like 2

Ping Vault Arna

so in summary.... 

she had her feelings hurt because Brandel the perfectionist got upset after she repeatedly made on air mistakes or screwed up explaining graphics brandel likely had a part putting together...and so the obvious complaint here is to blame it on her gender.

i listened, and honestly she comes across as a whiner and someone looking to be offended or find a reason to use her gender to play victim. if everyone who had their feelings hurt at work brought a lawsuit we'd all be worse off.

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

10 minutes ago, FairwaysToHeaven said:

so in summary.... 

she had her feelings hurt because Brandel the perfectionist got upset after she repeatedly made on air mistakes or screwed up explaining graphics brandel likely had a part putting together...and so the obvious complaint here is to blame it on her gender.

i listened, and honestly she comes across as a whiner and someone looking to be offended or find a reason to use her gender to play victim. if everyone who had their feelings hurt at work brought a lawsuit we'd all be worse off.

It’s more than just her feelings getting hurt - she was demoted, moved from an employee to a contractor, and then finally let go with the mass layoffs. Golf Channel will say this happened primarily because of her own actions and secondarily because of the new TV deal with the Tour; Lisa is saying because her bosses and at least one co-worker had it out for her as a woman without adequate reason. 

Edited by Holy Moses

Ping Vault Arna

Good luck finding a new job after her public airing of grievances with a high profile lawyer alongside. 😉

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

1 hour ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Actually given our current culture it might work the other way around.

This. The social media mob makes the rules today. Legal, illegal, who cares. Allegations = guilt if the narratives align, if not then nothing to see here. This is why you claim <insert favorite -ism> even if you have no case. If you pick the right -ism then you’ll be a hero and the job offers will pour in because now you’re a “survivor” who is both stunning and brave.

• Like 4

I listened to the NLU podcast, curious what others heard. But all I heard was -

1. Brandell waived his arms and expressed dissatisfaction with an admitted mistake she committed on air.  Not sure how this is unusual or gender based.

2. The Mizuno and LPGA story, is story of how a Mfg treats  customers vs. influential promoter of their product.  Maybe an issue, maybe not. Yet she took it upon herself to voice this on social media and her employer has a conflict, as GC is both news and promoter of game/advertisers. Probably more the later, this also seems routine and not gender bias.

3. The NCAA coverage in AR.  So she didn’t get to cover the event she wanted, didnt get job assignment she wanted.  Not unusual and also not gender based. Ask any sales rep about how territory or accounts are assigned.

I heard a lot of other comments, and the lawyer made comments , but not substantive.  These 3 stories seem to be her case.  I just don’t get it.

11 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

You worked at the Golf Channel? From your experience, was there a poor working environment for women? 

I'm not going to even touch that at all, but it is interesting reading all the comments and knowing how far off all the people are on here. Also, all the hate on a woman in golf is big reason why it has a stigma to it.  

• Like 2

T Bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Taylormade Stealth 2+ - MCA Kai'li Blue 60s

Callaway Epic Speed 3w & 5w - Project X HZRDUS Smoke im10 70s 

Taylormade '21 P790 4-gw - MCA MMT 105s

Taylormade Hi Toe 2 Raw 54, 58 - Aldila NV Black 105s

Wilson Staff Infitinte Buckingham

Srixon Z Star 🔷

9 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Actually given our current culture it might work the other way around.

Perhaps it could open doors to more progressive firms. But with the more conservative ones......I doubt it. Of course  she probably has no desire to work for those anyway.

Would love for RDD to chime in on her situation with TGC but I doubt he wants to get in the middle of all this. Ha. 

• Like 1

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

8 hours ago, CT007 said:

I heard a lot of other comments, and the lawyer made comments , but not substantive.  These 3 stories seem to be her case.  I just don’t get it.

I suspect once they go into proceedings there will be an attempt to demonstrate a culture of unfairness in treatment. Having seen these kinds of cases happen in a past workplace I can tell you that even innocuous management moves can be taken as a whole to show a pattern of discriminatory behavior, especially if other groups (males in this instance) were able to do similar things and were handled differently. Often there is a difference in treatment even if management does not overtly realize it. A good lawyer or sympathetic judge/arbiter might surprise you with how they interpret such things.

I had a conversation with her once at the PGA show in Orlando. She seemed to be quite intelligent and normal to me. I also have spent time with, and spoken many times to another on air person who lamented the palace intrigue, politics and personality clashes as being distracting and childish. Some of the talent would not be in the same room with others and it was like a daily soap opera.

• Like 1

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

On 1/4/2021 at 5:44 PM, Holy Moses said:

She messed up a graphic on air and Brandel waved his arms at her in a demeaning and dismissive way

Oh my gosh. That was nothing. Nothing at all. If I recall he was smiling when he did it. 
By the way I’m way behind on this thread, but what happened to Gary Williams.  Really liked him. 

Edited by woodriff

31 minutes ago, woodriff said:

Oh my gosh. That was nothing. Nothing at all. If I recall he was smiling when he did it. 
By the way I’m way behind on this thread, but what happened to Gary Williams.  Really liked him. 

He either didn’t want to go to CT or wasn’t asked to. He’s not with the Golf Channel anymore.

Ping Vault Arna

19 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

He either didn’t want to go to CT or wasn’t asked to. He’s not with the Golf Channel anymore.

I'm thinking he was the one with the anxiety issues.  He was gone for quite a while and then came back in a reduced role. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

2 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

I had a conversation with her once at the PGA show in Orlando. She seemed to be quite intelligent and normal to me. I also have spent time with, and spoken many times to another on air person who lamented the palace intrigue, politics and personality clashes as being distracting and childish. Some of the talent would not be in the same room with others and it was like a daily soap opera.

Sounds like pretty much every place I ever worked.  It's called workplace politics and if your or anybody else's career never dealt with it then I'd love to know where y'all worked.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

32 minutes ago, vernon said:

Sounds like pretty much every place I ever worked.  It's called workplace politics and if your or anybody else's career never dealt with it then I'd love to know where y'all worked.

If you ever grappled with a sexual discrimination case you'd know that it isn't the same as workplace politics. Example: a woman gets promoted quickly through the ranks because her boss thought she was a superstar (she wasn't). The boys start grumbling that she must be sleeping her way to the top (she isn't). It becomes water cooler talk throughout the office. The management is aware of it and does nothing. In fact some of the managers laugh at the far-fetched stories when they hear them. People throughout the company start to believe the stories when they hear them through the grapevine and conclude that she isn't qualified for the position she now holds. The boss who promoted her leaves, and his successors are left with an employee in over her head. Then she reaches her level of incompetence and screws up. Management tries to demote her when all other remedies fail to help. Her appraisals show only remarks about needing to improve in a few areas because nobody takes that process seriously. She claims she is being punished and that it is due to the company letting her character be assailed in the office and not stopping the talk.

I had a similar case to this. The company lost in a big way due to sexual discrimination.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cantoswede said:

I'm not gonna name any names but my wife used to work at the Golf Channel when we lived in Orlando (circa 2014-2017), and I'm honestly surprised it took this long for someone to come out and say something. From her experience working there, there was quite the culture of sexual harassment. Not quite like Roger Ailes at Fox News back in the day, but for it being in the era of social justice/me2 movement you would think some of the guys would relax a little bit. Anyways, hope things change now that this is coming to light and that they're moving the office up to NBC Sports in Connecticut. 

What did your wife do about it?

• Like 1

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Matt Adams is incredibly condescending and thinks he is always the smartest guy?

Hack and Bacon have pretty good chemistry, their segments have been enjoyable.  I've had it on for the last hour or so and everyone except Adams has been good.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

49 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

If you ever grappled with a sexual discrimination case you'd know that it isn't the same as workplace politics. Example: a woman gets promoted quickly through the ranks because her boss thought she was a superstar (she wasn't). The boys start grumbling that she must be sleeping her way to the top (she isn't). It becomes water cooler talk throughout the office. The management is aware of it and does nothing. In fact some of the managers laugh at the far-fetched stories when they hear them. People throughout the company start to believe the stories when they hear them through the grapevine and conclude that she isn't qualified for the position she now holds. The boss who promoted her leaves, and his successors are left with an employee in over her head. Then she reaches her level of incompetence and screws up. Management tries to demote her when all other remedies fail to help. Her appraisals show only remarks about needing to improve in a few areas because nobody takes that process seriously. She claims she is being punished and that it is due to the company letting her character be assailed in the office and not stopping the talk.

I had a similar case to this. The company lost in a big way due to sexual discrimination.

During my career I was involved in several sex discrimination cases both as a witness and once as the accused.  After appeals and many dollars spent all were found to be meritless.

While it's only an opinion based on incomplete and unreliable evidence as presented here this appears to me to be without merit as well.  

That opinion and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee somewhere.

Regardless, I'm sure Ms. Cornwell will be just fine.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

2 hours ago, vernon said:

I haven’t worked in a larger corporate environment since the early 2000s but then, as I’m sure is the case now, there was a ton of sexist culture that passed for business as usual.

Women just had to put up with it in most cases. 

But, I worked with some women that were huge producers and took no crap and had no issue verbally castrating any guy and having the “juice” to back it up cause they brought in big money.

One time, there was a meeting, it was people from like 4 different companies, 90% guys, and we were waiting for a couple of people to get started.

So, this woman finally walks in, she looked like 24 years old, is about to sit down and some wise guy says,

”What, we were waiting for you?”

She stops, and looks at him and looks at him and looks at him. And he knows something is wrong.

She says nothing and just walks out.

And we were all &$@?! because she was the one who had the most juice for the whole thing.

Gotta be careful whose material you feel ; )

5245FBB3-F639-4127-9CDA-FB059BBE123A.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

Not that it matters but I'm 68 and have been gratefully retired for eight of 'em now.

I had quite a few different jobs and titles throughout my life and saw and heard my share of things in and around the workplace.

It was my observation that in virtually every case of perceived discrimination whether it was regarding sex, race, age or you name it usually the real issue was simply that somebody just flat out didn't like somebody else.

It seldom was anymore complicated than that.

And the ensuing allegations of discrimination were almost always about getting revenge or obtaining financial benefit on the part of the offended.

Some people just can't seem to accept that somebody doesn't like or agree with them but it sure is good for the lawyers.

Life is hard!

• Like 4