2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ventus Red vs Motore X F3

KsRocket12

There is no where for me to try these shafts without a long drive.  Has anyone tried both and can share their experience?

Favorite shaft I have used in the past is the Hzrdus Red.  Since the Hzrdus line is low torque I'm leaning towards the Ventus possibly but not sure I can get over the shiny red shaft. 

I would be putting the shaft into a Mizuno ST190 driver which I like and have not found anything to replace it when it comes to performance, feel and looks. 

Thanks for anyone who can help me out. 

I'm not really the target for these 2 shafts but have tried both of them. For me the Ventus performed better.  The F3 seemed very loose IMO. That was with a 7x F3.  I was all over the place. Extremely inconsistent.  The Ventus Red in 7X definitely did as advertised but I did not have wild hooks slices and everything in between the F3 did. 

4 hours ago, KsRocket12 said:

There is no where for me to try these shafts without a long drive.  Has anyone tried both and can share their experience?

Favorite shaft I have used in the past is the Hzrdus Red.  Since the Hzrdus line is low torque I'm leaning towards the Ventus possibly but not sure I can get over the shiny red shaft. 

I would be putting the shaft into a Mizuno ST190 driver which I like and have not found anything to replace it when it comes to performance, feel and looks. 

Thanks for anyone who can help me out. 

Swing speed, handicap, loft on your driver?

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

28 minutes ago, KsRocket12 said:

Swing speed is 95-98 mph.  Current driving distance total is slightly above 250....if I catch one right I can get a total in 260s. 

Handicap is 12.  

Driver loft is 9.5 with the stock Fujikura 5 Stiff Atmos blue shaft. 

Not really my shaft profile. I am looking to kill spin but keep launch. I assume you are a low spin player looking for more spin and launch? I have used the HZRDUS red in a 3 wood before with success. What do you dislike about the Atmos Blue? 

Perhaps @Fujikura Golf could comment on whether the Ventus Red or Motore F3 is more similar to the HZRDUS red profile that you have previously enjoyed. 

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

I played Hzrdus Red 6.0 in TS2 9.5 before switching to Ventus Red.  Ventus 5 Red "S", 59g, stiff tip, mid-high launch, mid-spin, firm mid-section, Ultra-stiff handle fits me really well.  It was worth it's price. 

I don't even notice the Red color.

To me the two shafts feel different from one another.  What I most notice about Ventus Red is it doesn't feel like the typical "RED" shaft that has a soft tip and high trajectory.  If I go after a drive, hard, the shaft stays with me and puts out extra.  That was not the case with mid-spin HZRDUS Red 6.0, 62g.  What was odd, HZRDUS Red was not listed on TT/PX site.  I purchased it off eBay.  That lead me to believe its a "made-for" China shaft, though not sure of that.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

30 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

I played Hzrdus Red 6.0 in TS2 9.5 before switching to Ventus Red.  Ventus 5 Red "S", 59g, stiff tip, mid-high launch, mid-spin, firm mid-section, Ultra-stiff handle fits me really well.  It was worth it's price. 

I don't even notice the Red color.

To me the two shafts feel different from one another.  What I most notice about Ventus Red is it doesn't feel like the typical "RED" shaft that has a soft tip and high trajectory.  If I go after a drive, hard, the shaft stays with me and puts out extra.  That was not the case with mid-spin HZRDUS Red 6.0, 62g.  What was odd, HZRDUS Red was not listed on TT/PX site.  I purchased it off eBay.  That lead me to believe its a "made-for" China shaft, though not sure of that.

HZRDUS Red is a real shaft, and was on their site at one time.  The Smoke line kind of pushed it out of the way.

• Like 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

On 10/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, Puttersaurus Rex said:

HZRDUS Red is a real shaft, and was on their site at one time.  The Smoke line kind of pushed it out of the way.

Odd - HZRDUS Red was a Smoke shaft and the HZRDUS line still shows on TT site, just no RED anything.   However, eBay has NEW uncut HZRDUS Red for under $100, including sleeve.  When other aftermarket HZRDUS shafts at registered dealers are over $200.  

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

1 hour ago, Pepperturbo said:

Odd - HZRDUS Red was a Smoke shaft and the HZRDUS line still shows on TT site, just no RED anything.   However, eBay has NEW uncut HZRDUS Red for under $100, including sleeve.  When other aftermarket HZRDUS shafts at registered dealers are over $200.  

There was no Red in the Smoke line. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

• 3 months later...

Would be great if any feedback for a fairway wood 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

Odyssey Dual Force OR  Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

13 minutes ago, timmekang said:

I’m loving my new Ventus Red driver shaft and have an AD DI in my fairway. When I was getting fit for driver I was also messing around with a Ventus Red in a fairway wood and seem to be holding up just find and worth further testing. 

Ventus Red is very, very good in a fairway. Not the profile for me in a driver, but something that needs to fly flat and high I haven't had anything better.

• Like 2

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

On 10/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, noodle3872 said:

There was no Red in the Smoke line. 

On 10/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, Pepperturbo said:

The HZRDUS Red if definitely a "real shaft" - I have a handcrafted version that is VERY Red, and two of the non-handcrafted ones that are black with red letters.  I have had very good results with them in a FW wood.

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

• 1 month later...

I’ve tried all 3 and will add another that’s similar and that’s the evenflow. But, for me the Ventus and evenflow were almost identical in feel. The F3 and Hzrdus for me felt very whippy which I liked a lot. Fit my swing, tempo extremely well. The odd outcome from the F3 and Hzrdus was that my flight was lower, with my tempo I was a shift and have my hands in a forward position where the dynamic loft stayed low. I sold it before this season started for some dumb reason and I now I want it back. 

Driver - Titleist TSi2 8* - Mitsubishi Tensei Raw White 6s

4w Cobra F6 Baffler - Evenflow RED 6.0 75g

DI - Cobra One Utility - Paderson SLS 110 shaft

5-GW PXG Gen4 XP - Elevate 95g Stiff

50* Cleveland Zipcore full face - TI S400

56* Tmag Big Foot - TI S400

Taylormade Tour Spider Silver  

I have both shafts along with many “blue” profile. For my swing the Ventus Red Velocore6S is more stable and consistent than the MF3 6S. I will say the as stated above the F3 is definitely more “lively” but Red Velo is not a “boardy” feeling shaft at all. Just feels stable with a nice kick. A touch more kick than my Tensei AV Raw Blue65S and Accra TZ6 M4. For me the Ventus Velo is really consistent and smooth with out feeling whippy or loose. It’s love the way the kick comes at impact with the former feeling handle then seems to transfer the energy down the shaft perfectly. 

MF3 for me caused me to bring the left in and tinkerers with my tempo more than I would like. I did hit a few with her that seemed super long at the range and course. So if it’s a good fit for you no question it will be one of the tops. Same goes for Red Velo. 

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

This chart is how Fujikura describes the butt, mid, and tip section of their shafts. Like others have said - Ventus Red and Motore F3 are not really similar. Ventus Red has a very stiff handle section, softens up a bit in mid section, and a stiff tip - while F3 has soft butt section, transitions to a firm mid, and a then a stiff tip section. You have to understand what profiles work for you/don’t work for you. Hope this helps.403857F8-528E-4ECC-8519-AA8E6DDDFB1C.jpeg.1280d96b1f1ed834ea5a544fd0f647c9.jpeg

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

The Ventus Red works for me in a fairway. I've recently built a new 3WD with a Red 8X instead of Accra Tour Z RPG 382 and a 7WD with a Red 9X instead of Accra TZ6 85. I'm going to try a Ventus Red 6X in my driver before too long to see if I get better numbers than the Ventus Black. The Ventus Red is not your typical Red profile and is definitely worth a try.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:04 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

Red is phenomenal in fairways 🙂

Yes, it is.  I have it in both of my TSi3 fairway woods and it's been really good for me.  I even used one in my driver to get a little more launch and spin with my TSi3 driver --- it was solid.  I just hit way more fairways with the Ventus Blue and my G425 SFT.  

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches
  • Like 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

Tested Ventus Red earlier this year just to mess around.  It's awesome in fairways but launched just a hair higher than I wanted.  Def doesn't fit me in driver but dispersion like the other Ventus shafts was tight.  They all have great feel. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I have both driver shafts in 6S. I've only had the Ventus out for 1 full round so far, but my experience seems to follow what everyone else is saying. Both shafts definitely launch higher than the CK Pro Blue I used last year.

The Ventus feels a more stable throughout the swing, and it seems to take the left side a little more out of play than the F3. The F3 has a good kick to it, but I fear the hook a little more when I go after it with that shaft.

My plan right now is to use the Ventus throughout the summer when I'm playing more, and keep the F3 for the spring and fall when I might not be swinging as fast.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, nitram said:

The Ventus Red works for me in a fairway. I've recently built a new 3WD with a Red 8X instead of Accra Tour Z RPG 382 and a 7WD with a Red 9X instead of Accra TZ6 85. I'm going to try a Ventus Red 6X in my driver before too long to see if I get better numbers than the Ventus Black. The Ventus Red is not your typical Red profile and is definitely worth a try.

where did you buy the red 8x from? 

Edited by mizunoMP14

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

• 3 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

@KsRocket12  @scooterhd2

Here's what I'll will say in regards to Ventus Red vs Motore X F3 - 
Launch - will be somewhat similar with F3 edging a a bit higher launch in some cases.

Spin - Ventus Red will spin slightly more

Feel - Ventus Red has a very stiff handle section, smooth mid section and stiff tip section but does not feel overly stiff. Motore X F3 will feel slightly softer than Ventus Red, especially in the handle section. Two very different "feel profiles". 

If you're looking for more center-face contact and stability in a fairway shaft, you can't go wrong with Ventus Red. If you're looking for more feel and potentially more  carry distance, Motore X F3 would be a good option. Obviously, best case would be to hit both but I hope this helps!

- AT - Fujikura

Thank you this is the info I was looking for.
Time to give Chip Usher a call!  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

@KsRocket12  @scooterhd2

Here's what I'll will say in regards to Ventus Red vs Motore X F3 - 
Launch - will be somewhat similar with F3 edging a a bit higher launch in some cases.

Spin - Ventus Red will spin slightly more

Feel - Ventus Red has a very stiff handle section, smooth mid section and stiff tip section but does not feel overly stiff. Motore X F3 will feel slightly softer than Ventus Red, especially in the handle section. Two very different "feel profiles". 

If you're looking for more center-face contact and stability in a fairway shaft, you can't go wrong with Ventus Red. If you're looking for more feel and potentially more  carry distance, Motore X F3 would be a good option. Obviously, best case would be to hit both but I hope this helps!

- AT - Fujikura

@Fujikura Golf BTW this is for a SIM2 driver and I would assume the same carries over to a driver than in a FW.

Thank you and stay safe