37 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Exactly.  It interests me. But I don’t have hope of hitting a set before this time next year.  And I’m not ordering and waiting that long. I love ping. But I’m not at all sure why they are behind titleist in order times. 

They lost a shipment at sea, tends to back you up a bit.  Add increased popularity....

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* (tuned down), Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X -or- King LTD, NV ProtoPype 80 X, 43.5" 

3w: Cobra King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58*
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Rife Bimini, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Victor has i59 in the bag this week!

I’m here for the people who are butt hurt about someone having enough disposable income that they can buy new clubs just because they want to.  

Found this outta nowhere 😳

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, radiman said:

This has a real Mike the Situation at a roast feel.  

w62zRI1.gif.efe046e85e177737f96a88209b05bc98.gif

Lmao honestly I really was going for a jockey dude bro response 🤣🤣 but that was a real event that happened. 

Ping G400/ Ping tour 65 s

Ping 410 3w / Ping tour 65 s 

Nike VRS covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Cleveland Rtx4  48(bent to 50)mid, 54 mid, 58 mid / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ Black SS Gt 1.0 w 25g counter core.

7 hours ago, ColinKelvin said:

Er... why are you posting on a golf equipment forum if all you have to offer is a weird/snide comment like this?  What's the point?

Cause I like seeing people waste their money and speak on specs like tour pros 😇 but in reality I was just feeling a little salty cause I know the rep of current clubs and hate seeing a wash/rinse repeat cycle. Didn’t think I would garner too much attention tbh 

1 hour ago, AdamsAT said:

Haha, not sure if this was directed at my post because you quoted it after this. I don't want to rehash the whole "what is the minimal handicap needed to play a certain club" debate but I sure enjoy having the i210s in my bag.

And I'm not looking for an upgrade. As a Ping Club Ho, I thirst for all of them. Even if I can only bring one set to the course when I play. 

No no I posted what I said first in my salty stupor, then had to time to process and chose not to be that “guy” leaving a salt trail over comments.  I swung the i210s and they were really nice. Play what you want and get them Fir/Girs !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BCC1898 said:

With Ping backorders, these should be available in 2029. 

Any chance Ping is the best run company in the industry and they are just managing a new role out?

When unforseen demand hit coupled with industry furloughs, they figured ship whatever we can with i210 and then focus on ramping up i59 vs producing a bunch of i210s at the end of life?

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
Epic Max 3W - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W - - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4Ui - Srixon ZX, 1 deg weak - UST Recoil
5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
Vokey SM8 50F, 54F, 58

3 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Any chance Ping is the best run company in the industry and they are just managing a new role out?

When unforseen demand hit coupled with industry furloughs, they figured ship whatever we can with i210 and then focus on ramping up i59 vs producing a bunch of i210s at the end of life?

I'm a humungous Ping homer, but they are drowning right now. They've canceled a shaft order on me without even telling my fitter and just last week delivered my i210's to me, that have been on order for 3 months, with the wrong shaft. I've since sent them back for repair to have the shafts replaced, but I was extremely frustrated. 

Ping G425 LST Tensei AV Raw White 65 TX

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 85S

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1

Jesus man. It’s 2021.  Supply chain issues more so than a lot of us have seen in our lifetimes all while a rejuvenation into a sport due in part by the government and big businesses not letting us do what we usually do.  It’s hard for them to say “don’t go golf” anymore after they tried it last year. More people are sitting at home making more money than they did working thanks again to our government.  More people are working from home or in part from the golf course.  Lots of reasons that golf has regained popularity spiking interest in equipment all while manufacturers struggle to keep up with demand and locate raw materials/workers/etc.  You can’t blame Ping for it.  Go try to buy ammo, building supplies, new vehicles, guns, whatever.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, BDowning said:

I'm a humungous Ping homer, but they are drowning right now. They've canceled a shaft order on me without even telling my fitter and just last week delivered my i210's to me, that have been on order for 3 months, with the wrong shaft. I've since sent them back for repair to have the shafts replaced, but I was extremely frustrated. 

I placed an order for another set of i210's last Monday to replace my current set. I was told 8-10 weeks, so I guess we will see. Hopefully I luck out a little better than you did. 

2 hours ago, bosevelt said:

I ordered the G425 LST and got the back weight of the G425 Max.  I get they are slammed, and golf is crazy popular right now.  I can only imagine our frustration pales in comparison to the stress on the humans trying to deal with it.

I'm fairly certain there is not a designated LST weight vs. a MAX weight. The G425 adjustable driver weight that is selected in production is based on the targeted or requested swingweight of the club given the shaft, length and grip. I'm pretty sure the standard swingweight for the LST is slightly heavier than the MAX and that's why it is more likely to receive a heavier tungsten weight in the LST, but it is still dependant on the swingweight. 

If you want a lighter weight or heavier weight, you can special order through any PING Retailer.

Edited by FletchJoy
spelling
16 hours ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

Looks like another PING thread getting ruined by people just whining about delays.

If people wanna whine and complain about delays, make a seperate thread.

you whine and complain a lot about others whining and complaining.

Its a subject that will naturally come up when discussing new products and when they will be available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pretty decent start from Hovland yesterday.. I know his playing partner did a most of the heavy lifting but still.

Cobra RAD XB 11,5° Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.0 70 47" / Taylormade M4 16,5° Tensei CK Orange 70S / Ping G410 Crossover 23° Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Taylormade Spider FCG 33" / Bridgestone Tour B XS

[never mind]

Edited by nsxguy

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

On 4/23/2021 at 10:43 AM, toddyc said:

you whine and complain a lot about others whining and complaining.

Its a subject that will naturally come up when discussing new products and when they will be available.

So it's natural for you to whine about production delays of a different product, while discussing and speculating spy photos/info about an unreleased one? 

I'm sure people would rather see one post from me telling these people to make a new thread, then to see 20 posts of people complaining again and again because a set of their irons from the same manufacturer are delayed. 

Edited by BubbaBallesteros
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

JonathanRWall thinks solid? More iBlade then i210 or i500 then? 

281C3CC3-6CF9-4218-A50D-E77040712BCF.jpeg

345C108F-46E2-466B-AECE-ADB4C2286978.jpeg

Sick! I was worried they were going to be hollow and more in line with an i500 replacement. If these are a hybrid between the iBlade and i210 I would be so so happy. 

If we’re seeing them tested now, what should we be looking at for a rollout date? 

i59 = iblade replacement? 

Targeting better players with $ to spend.

I doubt these are i210 replacements since Ping needs a players club in the lineup that are price competitive with the competition (which means cast.)  Plus, Ping built their heritage with cast clubs so I can't see them abandoning that market all together.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

27 minutes ago, Nessism said:

i59 = iblade replacement? 

Targeting better players with $ to spend.

I doubt these are i210 replacements since Ping needs a players club in the lineup that are price competitive with the competition (which means cast.)  Plus, Ping built their heritage with cast clubs so I can't see them abandoning that market all together.

It will be interesting to see if Ping's current i210 staff migrate over to i59's or if they wait for i210 replacements (paging Mr.Westwood, Mr.Lee Westwood).

• Thanks 1

Interesting to see that latest photo because iBlades are in the bag too. I59 look similar sole width to iblade, they might even be smaller than iblade. Will be interesting to see if they maintain the forgiveness of iblade without an insert cavity, or if these go back to more s-series type forgiveness. I for one loved how much easier the iblades were to hit in the long irons vs s-series. If these were more s-series like, I wonder if that would just mean phasing out the blueprints.

Edited by doublehans

To know I've patiently waited to replace my training MP59s with something closer to I3s b-model in a cast Ping, I am sorely thumped for holding an expectation. I might be buying an upgraded cello if I cannot buy a Ping 59 that plays within an intermediate skill level the way I've been dreaming for.

P.S. Eff off USGA and the 2010 groove rule! I could have played every TPC in FL w/i3s, in lieu of.....my forced new purchase🙃❤✌

• Like 1

Wouldn't read too much into it now as I'm sure Hovland just has to irons out some kinks overall. Ryan's story and Wall's story contradict but both are just guessing. I am going to go out on a limb and say there is more on the inside of these besides just a solid forged blade. Maybe the long irons are hollow and transition. Also go back to Ian's comments at one time when he had info earlier stating on one of his videos this would be the one iron to "rule them all". Considering these most likely are the iBlade replacement, Ping has to have moved the elastomer tech somewhere. May go back to Nike patents too. Ping is an engineering company and I think we are looking at the PXG type moonshot here. I just cannot see Ping having 2 sets of Forged blade like irons in their line up. 

• Like 1
On 4/22/2021 at 4:43 PM, FletchJoy said:

I'm fairly certain there is not a designated LST weight vs. a MAX weight. The G425 adjustable driver weight that is selected in production is based on the targeted or requested swingweight of the club given the shaft, length and grip. I'm pretty sure the standard swingweight for the LST is slightly heavier than the MAX and that's why it is more likely to receive a heavier tungsten weight in the LST, but it is still dependant on the swingweight. 

If you want a lighter weight or heavier weight, you can special order through any PING Retailer.

There isn’t a difference in the type of weight, all sizes are transferable between the Max and LST, however the LST come stock with a 17 gram Tungsten weight were the Max comes with a 26 gram weight. Just in case you guys cared lol.

"Take er' deep"