differences between 690.mb irons and 670 mb irons

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my recollection, as well, except I recall they were made for Ernie Else. Shorter blade length, but thicker proportions with more bounce. All the Titleist blades from this series (670,680,690)

Biggest difference right off is the 690 has pronounced offset in the long irons that the 670 won’t have.  

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 18* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I seem to remember that the 670s were the smallest-headed, least-offset blade they made. 680s had more bounce, and then the dot version of the 690s were stock with 2* upright compared to the regular (non-dot) model and +1/2" (I think?)

Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 34"

The 690.MB were considered fairly forgiving for a blade. Slightly larger head, traditional sole width and bounce. 

670s were a niche blade. I think they were made for Davis Love. Small head, slightly thicker topline. Sole was a little wider with more bounce. They were made not to dig. I can’t remember if they have wooden dowels. 

I don’t think you will see much difference in ball flight. I would call them both mid-trajectory blades.

The 680 and 681 will flight a little lower. 

Edited by kftgolfer
1 hour ago, kftgolfer said:

The 690.MB were considered fairly forgiving for a blade. Slightly larger head, traditional sole width and bounce. 

670s were a niche blade. I think they were made for Davis Love. Small head, slightly thicker topline. Sole was a little wider with more bounce. They were made not to dig. I can’t remember if they have wooden dowels. 

I don’t think you will see much difference in ball flight. I would call them both mid-trajectory blades.

The 680 and 681 will flight a little lower. 

This is my recollection, as well, except I recall they were made for Ernie Else. Shorter blade length, but thicker proportions with more bounce. All the Titleist blades from this series (670,680,690) had wood dowells in the tips. 

Edited by BCULAW
Addition
  • Like 1