Counter balance shaft for ping g410 lst

I just got a ping g410 lst head, and I've got the ping tour x 65 coming today.  I also wanted to try a counter balance shaft.  I understand they have a different feel and you might need to add weight in the head to keep swing weight equal.

I'm a moderate pace with SS between 109 and 11 on qcquad.  I'm also looking to increase a few mph with a work out program.  My ball flight is fairly low and I have a 1 to 2 degree downward descent angle so I need something with mid height. 

I don't want to spend $500, so was leaning towards project x evebflow riptide cb 60 x.

Anyone have any experience or have other suggestions?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highly advise trying a CB shaft in it. Hzrdus yellow worked well for me. The head is super heavy - around 10g heavier than others. Much more manageable with some counterbalance in it. 

tensei orange

Agree with above, Handcrafted Yellow if you can. 

Posted Images

Highly advise trying a CB shaft in it. Hzrdus yellow worked well for me. The head is super heavy - around 10g heavier than others. Much more manageable with some counterbalance in it. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 9* Ventus Velo Blue 7x 

Taylormade Sim Max 3W Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70x

Taylormade Sim Max 5W Ventus Velo Blue 7x

Taylormade P7MC 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100

Taylormade MG2 51* SB Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade MG2 TW 56* + 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

35 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Yes the head i have weighs 207 grams, so that is why I was thinking CB.  I'll look at Hzrdus yellow as well

Consider Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec as well. Something about the weight distribution makes it SW lighter and work with heavier heads. It not a true CB shaft, but close. Works really well with Ping heads. Higher launch than the previous model as well. 

Edited by scooterhd2

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

50 Cleveland RTX 4

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

PM'd you.

Ping G400 10.5 (9.75) Hzrdus Yellow 5.5 76 ( Atmos Blue TS 6 sometimes)
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R (2019 Forged Tec SteelFiber i95cw R trial run ) 
Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
Mack Daddy PM 58/12
Toulon Madison H1 neck / Bettinardi BB1 Tiki 2016 / Toulon Long Island
 Wilson Staff FG Tour/ TM Tour Response/ BStone B RXS

I have tried the Tensei Orange and the Hzrdus yellow, but prefer the Aldila Xtorsion copper in TX. 

Each shaft for me produces a mid flight with low spin,  but the Xtorsion copper has a nice kick to it. 

I’m around the same speed as you I’d assume, my ball speed is typically 165-168mph, if I really get after it I can hit 171mph and I’m also a very moderate tempo and transition guy. 

I have not hit the Tensei Orange pro only the stock Tensei Orange CK and hated it, felt dead to me. I liked the Hzrdus yellow ok, but it didn’t feel as stable and lively as the Xtorsion copper in TX . 

I have heard the Orange Pro is a completely different feel than the non pro Orange........ but as you said, you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a shaft. 

I bought a Xtorsion copper in 60TX and in 70 TX. The 60 TX is 67 grams and the 70 TX is 70 grams, but the 70TX is much lower torque..... the 60TX fits me better and I do have a 70TX that is just sitting in my spare bag with a brand new Golfpride midsize MCC grip and a brand new Ping G410 adapter if you are interested. PM 😉 

From what I read on the reviews by toll-bros, the Aldila Xtorsion Copper is something in between the Tensei Pro Orange and Hzrdus yellow. The Tensei you can get away with having a quicker tempo and harsher transition, but the Hzrdus Yellow is the opposite where a moderate tempo and smooth transition would be optimum, which sound like it would work for you!  
 You can find the review of this shaft in the big bad low spin thread......... but it’s way deep into it...... like a page in the 30’s or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I forgot I had it bookmarked. They start talking about the Hzrdus yellow, XTorsion copper and Pro Orange here and continue for a few pages. Keep in mind the Pro Orange was new and exciting, and sometimes on WRX what’s new is viewed through rose colored lenses so to speak. 

happy hunting! 

Edited by Drivingrangehero
Link added
57 minutes ago, Hammer22 said:

The Ping Tour shafts are basically the Elements Chrome - which IS counter balanced. Granted, they aren't as extreme as the Alta, but there is a slight weight shift towards the butt nonetheless. Whether you have the Ping actual UST version, they are fantastic shafts.

ust_elements_chrome_shaft.jpg.a5717705e0acdd82945aeb6c62dda14a.jpg

Agreed on the Ping Tour 65x being a great shaft. i had one in my ping G30 LS tec driver and liked it a lot, more than the Tensei Orange, but less than the Aldila Xtorsion Copper. I sold it to pay for my 70TX Copper since I liked the 60TX so much, but the 70 doesn’t fit me as well....,   I actually get too low of spin. My 60 Tx is 1700-1850 rpm and the 70 tx would have me around 1500rpm in knuckle ball range, i’d also sometimes push it to the right same with the Ping Tour 65x. I suspect torque must have something to do with it, because both shafts are low torque and I’d lose it to the right ( push) at times with the 60 TX copper I have never been straighter off the tee The Ping Tour 65x had me around 2200rpm with a slightly lower launch 1-1.5* 

see what you get for numbers with the ping tour 65X , if you like the feel and the numbers are right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  It’s a great shaft, I just found a shaft that suited my swing better, and I love the feel. Best feeling shaft I’ve ever had is the Aldila Copper

Edited by Drivingrangehero
Typo

I would think it has to be pretty easy to find the stock Tensei for it as it was an NC option.  Had the 60X in a G410 and enjoyed it so much I went to find the Pro version to see if it was better for me.  Sadly, sold the driver as, well, why not...   So will pick another up.  But the stock Tensei orange X is nice in the G410s.

SM 3.5 Bag:

Ping G410 9* Plus w/ Tensei Orange Pro 60 TX

TM Sim Ti 14* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ Evenflow EF T1100 6.0

Edel VL 4-PW w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TW-I S

Piretti Potenza II 365g 34"

26 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

I would think it has to be pretty easy to find the stock Tensei for it as it was an NC option.  Had the 60X in a G410 and enjoyed it so much I went to find the Pro version to see if it was better for me.  Sadly, sold the driver as, well, why not...   So will pick another up.  But the stock Tensei orange X is nice in the G410s.

Thanks, I'm trying to decide between the hzrdus smoke yellow, tensei orange, and evenflow riptide cb.  I really need to hit them first, but its hard finding a place where I won't have to pay a $100 fitting.

VA Nemysis!  Most counterbalanced shaft on the market.  Feels and looks great.

Taylormade Sim Tensi Raw Orange 65 TX
Cobra speedzone Tour Graphite Design TP 7TX 
PXG 0341X Tensi Blue 80TX
Miura MC 501 4 Modus 130X
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Modus 130X
Vokey SM8 46 KBS Ctaper X SS2
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50, 54, 59 KBS Ctaper X SS2
PXG Closer/ PXG Bradon/ Piretti Cottonwood 2/ Toulon Atlanta/ Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe Sole Stamp/ Scotty Cameron 009