Streamsong 2020-2021

FlashinLeather

Also this is Florida so most morning tee times are booked out as far in advance as allowed especially on weekends, that afternoon sun is brutal along with t-storms. Resort course with multiple courses you need that morning tee time to get in 36. So tee times being booked in advance really doesn't say much, but this is just the opinion of a 7 handicap who has been playing for 25 years.

You know how I can take these posts seriously? Because everyone here is entitled to write a review of this place, after all these are people's OPINIONS. Cripes this whole board is made up of people's opinions, not sorry if you don't like them. I'll say this, our group of 8 had one meal that was so poor that if pizza had been available for delivery we *absolutely* would have ordered it.

So someone criticizing the food or comparing one public resort in Florida to another public resort in Florida makes them have an "entitled attitude"? Yet in the previous post you made sure we all knew that you belong to two private courses in Central FL. Cool, cool.

Seems to me that Reunion has three courses in the Top 50 in Florida - comparing it to a resort that has 3 courses in the Top 10 isn't exactly a stretch.

Anyway, I'm derailing this thread. Bottom line - I had numerous issues at Streamsong years ago, doesn't seem like thats changed much.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

1 minute ago, aus10KC said:

Also this is Florida so most morning tee times are booked out as far in advance as allowed especially on weekends, that afternoon sun is brutal along with t-storms. Resort course with multiple courses you need that morning tee time to get in 36. So tee times being booked in advance really doesn't say much, but this is just the opinion of a 7 handicap who has been playing for 25 years.

Completely agree! but bare in mind, it's been like that through out the winter as well; The last time I played there, a group of 12 from SF spent a week at the lodge.  Everyone seem to be having a grand ole time.  Perhaps I'm a bit harsh with the criticism. I spent a couple years homeless as a kid so waiting an extra 5-10 minutes for a sandwich isn't a deal breaker for me. And when I was at bandon, I did notice how much faster the shuttles were during DC's analysis of streamsong.  Once again, not a deal breaker.  He view it as if I'm brushing off his opinions like it's trash or something which I did not intend.  I just don't think it's a deal breaker. You're missing out on some pretty darn good golf.  Streamsong Black needs to be played 100x over. It really is that good.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

2 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

You know how I can take these posts seriously? Because everyone here is entitled to write a review of this place, after all these are people's OPINIONS. Cripes this whole board is made up of people's opinions, not sorry if you don't like them. I'll say this, our group of 8 had one meal that was so poor that if pizza had been available for delivery we *absolutely* would have ordered it.

So someone criticizing the food or comparing one public resort in Florida to another public resort in Florida makes them have an "entitled attitude"? Yet in the previous post you made sure we all knew that you belong to two private courses in Central FL. Cool, cool.

Seems to me that Reunion has three courses in the Top 50 in Florida - comparing it to a resort that has 3 courses in the Top 10 isn't exactly a stretch.

Anyway, I'm derailing this thread. Bottom line - I had numerous issues at Streamsong years ago, doesn't seem like thats changed much.

You literally accused me of being bias because you think I work there.  You can cross reference our forum favorite instructor Monte. He was my guest at Lake Nona the last time he was here in orlando.  My bias is in the golf itself.  Streamsong's golf is heads and shoulder above anything public here in florida.  And have you even played reunion?  I have, numerous of times.  The difference between the quality of reunion vs Streamsong is the size of a walmart parking lot.  Also the difference of my drive and monte.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Place has nice / unique courses.   No argument there.   Was there a few weeks ago for a tournament.   Hotel and food awful.     I work with several high end hotels so I am somewhat familiar with how they run and how the service is handled.    This place was built to be a nice facility but is not run that way.     Got done Saturday night golf at 8, dinner reservations 8:30.    Seated 8:39 ordered 8:50 didn’t not have food by 10:20 place was half full.     Waitress explained that it was like that bwfore covid and that people show up in waves, but that they do not plan, or staff for that. 
went back to hotel, front desk guy asked if everything was ok.  I told him no and explained what happened, that we didn’t not get food for 1.5 hours. he laughed.  
next day ran into other people at hotel who same thing happened to at different restaurants there.   
nice courses, good setup , not run like it could be.    
Attitude there seems to be that the place is for guys trips , golf / drinking etc and therefore the service can be slack.  If that’s the plan for the place , then fine , but then don’t market as something different.  

3 hours ago, aus10KC said:

Playing Saturday, don't have a caddie reserved however emailing them shortly. I've heard the names of good caddies in this thread, Obi, Jax, Maverick, Justin, Eddie Fray... Any others?

I'm going to be there Saturday as well! Playing Red. Shoot well!

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

Just now, aus10KC said:

How did you get on? I thought there was a tournament that day, you're playing in it?

No, no tournament. Booked online. We originally wanted Tuesday, but they told us the course is closed down on Monday and Tuesday. 

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

I love the courses. 

The service has gotten progressively worse each visit (4 times over 3 years) 

It’s not just here that you get complaints. It’s like a running joke in the golf tourism world. I’ve been at Pinehurst, SV, other big resorts wearing a Streamsong hat or shirt. Inevitably end up chatting with some other groups at the bar and end up listening to a rant about the service.

I do agree the food complaints are over the top. It’s not Michelin star winning but everything I’ve had has been at least “pretty good”. The steakhouse at least thus far has pumped out a medium rare, well seasoned cut every time which is about all I can ask. 

The service is problematic enough that it’s low on my list of places to travel back to. But I’ll probably get talked into another trip this winter. 

• Like 1

^^^ Which is what I was trying to say.  If the criticism are way over the top, is it really constructive criticism? The golf is too good, especially during the cold frigid winter months.  Where else would you rather go with this quality of golf? Arizona? Palm Springs? 

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

7 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

^^^ Which is what I was trying to say.  If the criticism are way over the top, is it really constructive criticism? The golf is too good, especially during the cold frigid winter months.  Where else would you rather go with this quality of golf? Arizona? Palm Springs? 

As someone who is heading there to play there this weekend for the first time (not staying at the resort, just driving in for one day) I was watching this topic and thinking "man, they make this place sound awful!". But I still plan on going into this with an open mind. My buddies and I are there 98% for the golf anyways. The other 2% will be hoping we can get something decent to eat before we leave for the day. 

I take all this with a grain of salt, but I'd also be lying if I said I won't be keeping an eye open to see if any of the negative feedback in this thread is true either. 

• Like 1

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

Some of these comments are so over the top thus why I keep shutting them down.  It's not that I'm disrespectful to the folks on this forum, but I truly don't think they're all true.  I literally have been there 20+ time and outside of one outing with 7 other guys a couple years back, I haven't had an issue with the service. (That one time our food came an hourish late but I had the same issue at pinehurst before as well; it doesn't mean I'm going to trash pinehurst or any club I been to.  A sure way to never get invited back is to have that type of attitude)

I will concede that it's slower than EVERY MAJOR resort in the US of A, but it's not a deal breaker.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

10 minutes ago, Roody said:

As someone who is heading there to play there this weekend for the first time (not staying at the resort, just driving in for one day) I was watching this topic and thinking "man, they make this place sound awful!". But I still plan on going into this with an open mind. My buddies and I are there 98% for the golf anyways. The other 2% will be hoping we can get something decent to eat before we leave for the day. 

I take all this with a grain of salt, but I'd also be lying if I said I won't be keeping an eye open to see if any of the negative feedback in this thread is true either. 

I would wager large amounts of money you will have a great time. Just come in with a good mindset and go with the flow, and don't be surprised if the service in the dining room is a bit slow/spotty. 

The beer selection is good, and I always find that an extra one of those helps me enjoy the experience...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Roody said:

The greens on the red are very spotty from the last time I played(a month ago).  It hasn't grown in yet. I actually miss the old greens.  The practice area above the range is what the greens will be once it's grown in. The back 9 on the red is amazing.  Probably the best set of 9 on the property.  You're going to have a blast.  Should try to come back and play streamsong black. The greens are even bigger than old Mac.  Just a pure joy. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

2 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

The greens on the red are very spotty from the last time I played(a month ago).  It hasn't grown in yet. I actually miss the old greens.  The practice area above the range is what the greens will be once it's grown in. The back 9 on the red is amazing.  Probably the best set of 9 on the property.  You're going to have a blast.  Should try to come back and play streamsong black. The greens are even bigger than old Mac.  Just a pure joy. 

It's interesting that you say that. Since we only have time to play one round, our group ranked our preference in the order we'd attempt to get times, and we went Blue, then Red, then Black last. And Black got bumped down because we kept hearing that the greens were so ridiculous that you should put a clown's mouth on some of them. 

If I had time to play all three, I'd definitely play Black too. Just interesting how it seems to be such a polarizing course. People either love it or hate it. Kinda like Tobacco Road. 

• Like 1

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

well, do you like tobacco road?  because I sure do until hole 17 and 18.  In fact if I could trash those two holes, it's up there as a heck of a ride.

the thing about black, and when I first initially played it, the greens were unplayable.  Ever since they soften it up, it's a pleasure.  

The greens are just magical now that it's soften.  Some of the best privates I've ever played have crazy greens like streamsong black.  So here you are, playing at a public course with greens that are liken to some of the most exclusive and private courses in the US.  That's unheard of. 

Edited by jerebear21
  • Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

2 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

well, do you like tobacco road?  

I've actually never played it. Was planning a trip to the Pinehurst area last year which got canceled, because Covid. But while I was planning it I did a lot of research on courses in the area, and that's where I got the notion that it was polarizing. 

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

Covid sure threw a wrench on a lot of folks plan.  You got to play tobacco road.  Easily the most fun course in the pinehurst area, minus 17/18. I'm sure I would have liked 17/18 more had I not down a double before teeing up on 16.  I was on the verge to break 80 and winning our stableford when my clown friends decided they've seen enough.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

you planning to stay in central florida for awhile? if so i'll gladly make some recommendation.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

1 minute ago, jerebear21 said:

you planning to stay in central florida for awhile? if so i'll gladly make some recommendation.  

8 rounds in 8 days. First 5 in Orlando area, then the last 3 in New Smyrna. 

• Like 1

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

Just now, Roody said:

8 rounds in 8 days. First 5 in Orlando area, then the last 3 in New Smyrna. 

may I ask where?  Should have PMed me beforehand, I would have gladly recommend the best collection. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

1 hour ago, jerebear21 said:

I would love your recommendations.  We have a trip scheduled in January.  Eight guys, six days of golf.  We will stay at Streamsong three nights and play all three courses.  We will also stay four nights in the Orlando area and play three more courses.

Here are the courses I am considering;

Southern Dunes

Reunion Resort, Nicklaus

Waldorf Astoria

Bay Hill if we can get on without staying there

Cost is not a factor and we only play 18 per day (it's an older group).

What are your thoughts?

Sent you a pm. Didn’t want dc to come in and accuse me of derailing the topic or leading you on to some club that he thinks I have some form of financial ties or work for said club. Ha! 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Goodness checking back in and I see my review got jerebear going. You seemed to question the validity of my review but then in subsequent posts softly admit many of the things I shared. Bottom line from my review, I want people to come in with fair expectations to what the place is. They are trying to pitch themselves as on par with places like Pinehurst and it literally isn’t even close. Is it super cool to have some great public golf to play in our backyard? Absolutely. Am I scared they will be on a slow path to World Woods? Yeah. World Woods lived off a top course ranking then just stopped spending money on the place. Streamsong of course is much earlier in the life cycle than World Woods but the lack of commitment to service and quality scares me. I say all this, as I did in my review, with disappointment because I do want it to work!!

Last thing, on my trips to Pebble

and Pinehurst last year I left detailed reviews when the resorts asked for my ratings and experience. Both were incredible but I had shared a small opportunity to improve at each and I received emails directly from those in charge within 24 hours asking me to talk with them so they could make it better. I left a similar detailed review for Streamsong and never heard anything back. I don’t want or need a reply but it was interesting to see the difference. 

Those planning to go, you absolutely will have fun. It’s golf after all in a really cool setting. Just set your expectations a bit like you do when you go to a tourist restaurant with an amazing view. Will you enjoy it and the setting, yeah. Will you wish you didn’t spend $65 on a steak that looks like it was heated on a hot plate? Yeah unfortunately that will happen too. 

• Like 1

I love the bantar! No one here even butthurt my man. I definitely admit the service was/is slow. But some of the comments are way over the top. It makes it seem like the courses are not even worth playing and the journey here is a trap. Pizzas and reunion courses are better options? How can this be taken seriously? 

I waited an hour to eat some meatloaf proclaim as the greatest at Bandon. Proceeded to the bathroom every two hours before my morning tee time at bandon. But did I go into the bandon thread and proclaim worst service. Worst food. Don’t go to bandon? People even say don’t go to bandon for the food. The sauna room in bandon hold maybe 5 dudes at a time. Is that a spa experience as well? Don’t sit close to me my man. Not enough space. So why can’t streamsong get a pass? 15 dollars for rickshaw is too pricy since bandon only cost 6 dollars ? Tpc Harding cost 15 for push carts but you don’t see the boys in ca complaining about it. 

and dc suggesting it isn’t a stretch to compare reunion to streamsong since both are in the top 50 in Florida.  It’s the same as saying pebble and pacific grove aren’t a far stretch since both are oceanside and in California. 

dc suggesting I work for the resort thus the bias. Maybe the bias is cuz the courses are so fun that I’m willing to over look the slow service. Where do you get coore/Crenshaw/doak/Hanse all in one place during the winter time with a short commute from two major international airports? the familiar theme is it’s too pricy. Trying getting a tee time at ohoopee. 

5-10 minute wait for the shuttle is too much. What’s the rush my man.  Double up on the transfusion and just enjoy. 

The food at pebble is average. The food at kohler is average. The food at Cabot is average. The food at Kiawah ocean room is amazing. Streamsong burgers are fair. Don’t get me started on the meatloaf at bandon.  Ha!

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

FYI on the greens on red/blue. It hasn't fully grown in yet.  The practice area above the range is what it'll be like by next year.  They redid the greens last summer.  I thought the greens were awful as well.  Previous rounds before the new greens were exceptional. As far as towels goes, they told me no due to covid protocols.  Before covid19, I've always been able to shower with towels.  We're still technically in a pandemic folks. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

11 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

I love the bantar! No one here even butthurt my man. I definitely admit the service was/is slow. But some of the comments are way over the top. It makes it seem like the courses are not even worth playing and the journey here is a trap. Pizzas and reunion courses are better options? How can this be taken seriously? 

I waited an hour to eat some meatloaf proclaim as the greatest at Bandon. Proceeded to the bathroom every two hours before my morning tee time at bandon. But did I go into the bandon thread and proclaim worst service. Worst food. Don’t go to bandon? People even say don’t go to bandon for the food. The sauna room in bandon hold maybe 5 dudes at a time. Is that a spa experience as well? Don’t sit close to me my man. Not enough space. So why can’t streamsong get a pass? 15 dollars for rickshaw is too pricy since bandon only cost 6 dollars ? Tpc Harding cost 15 for push carts but you don’t see the boys in ca complaining about it. 

and dc suggesting it isn’t a stretch to compare reunion to streamsong since both are in the top 50 in Florida.  It’s the same as saying pebble and pacific grove aren’t a far stretch since both are oceanside and in California. 

dc suggesting I work for the resort thus the bias. Maybe the bias is cuz the courses are so fun that I’m willing to over look the slow service. Where do you get coore/Crenshaw/doak/Hanse all in one place during the winter time with a short commute from two major international airports? the familiar theme is it’s too pricy. Trying getting a tee time at ohoopee. 

5-10 minute wait for the shuttle is too much. What’s the rush my man.  Double up on the transfusion and just enjoy. 

The food at pebble is average. The food at kohler is average. The food at Cabot is average. The food at Kiawah ocean room is amazing. Streamsong burgers are fair. Don’t get me started on the meatloaf at bandon.  Ha!

Last comment and them I'm out.

My point is, you dont have to be a jerk to people. My point is - this thread is full of opinions. If people want to compare one resort to another, who freaking cares - you dont have to whine about it. You act as if its a national security crisis because someone dared compare Streamsong to Reunion. So. What. If people said they would have ordered a pizza one night - so what? But you basically called people a liar who dared to say they didnt like a resort that you love. You said you complete discount the opinion of those people - just because Streamsong is place you want to defend.

You know what the difference is? In other threads when people talk about bad experiences - they arent called liars or told that their opinions are discounted just because they dared speak up about it. I talked about how mediocre I found the meatloaf at Bandon and no one yelled at me or acted like a complete jerk.

Anyway, its clear you're not interested in the discussion so I'll leave it to others. All the best.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Just now, dcmidnight said:

Last comment and them I'm out.

My point is, you dont have to be a jerk to people. My point is - this thread is full of opinions. If people want to compare one resort to another, who freaking cares - you dont have to whine about it. You act as if its a national security crisis because someone dared compare Streamsong to Reunion. So. What. If people said they would have ordered a pizza one night - so what? But you basically called people a liar who dared to say they didnt like a resort that you love. You said you complete discount the opinion of those people - just because Streamsong is place you want to defend.

You know what the difference is? In other threads when people talk about bad experiences - they arent called liars or told that their opinions are discounted just because they dared speak up about it. I talked about how mediocre I found the meatloaf at Bandon and no one yelled at me or acted like a complete jerk.

Anyway, its clear you're not interested in the discussion so I'll leave it to others. All the best.

Who's being a jerk? Who's calling others a liar? Please do QUOTE me so I can be 100% audited.  I merely suggested the comments are over the top.  And you dare suggested I'm full on bias because you think I worked there my man, which obviously can not be more further from the truth.  I even admitted you're not going to get the full on high end service experience like other resorts, pebble, whistling, kiawah etc. But some of these comments make it seem like streamsong isn't even worth the hike.  And to be clear, the service IS slow.  The food is "ehh". But out of the 20 odd times I've been there, I've only encountered 1 maybe 2 times which was too slow and not good enough.  Is it bad enough to not go there?  No.  God forbid if I ever invited you to my club and you go on line and tell them the valet took 5 minutes too long to get your car.  A sure way to never get invited back.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

3 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

Who's being a jerk? Who's calling others a liar? Please do QUOTE me so I can be 100% audited.  I merely suggested the comments are over the top.  And you dare suggested I'm full on bias because you think I worked there my man, which obviously can not be more further from the truth.  I even admitted you're not going to get the full on high end service experience like other resorts, pebble, whistling, kiawah etc. But some of these comments make it seem like streamsong isn't even worth the hike.  And to be clear, the service IS slow.  The food is "ehh". But out of the 20 odd times I've been there, I've only encountered 1 maybe 2 times which was too slow and not good enough.  Is it bad enough to not go there?  No.  God forbid if I ever invited you to my club and you go on line and tell them the valet took 5 minutes too long to get your car.  A sure way to never get invited back.  

Go back and read my post, not 1 time do i say Reunion courses are better than Song. You blew that one out of proportion. I said the service and accommodations for the money is better. That one is on you. I've played both resorts many times. Give me $500, Im going to play 6 rounds and 2 nights at Reunion over 1 Night and 1 round at Song any day, anytime of the year. Again, OPINIONS!

1W: TM Sim Max 10.5° (down 2) - Tensei Orange 70TX

3W: TM Sim Max 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana F Limited 75

3I: Titleist T200 20°

4-G: Cobra Forged Tec Black - KBS $ Taper 130x

SW: Titleist SM8 54 - DG S400

LW: Titleist SM8 58 - DG S400

P: Swag Suave Too

Ball: TM TP5x

No one here blowing anything out of proportion my man.  You claim it's over-rated, rather go spend your money at reunion.   That's cool, and my response is it's not over-rated and that you can't get a coore/crenshaw/doak/hanse all in one for the money that streamsong is asking anywhere in the US with the convenience of 2 major international airport an hourish away.  And that's a fact.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x