2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Streamsong 2020-2021

FlashinLeather

2 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

I plan on golfing there in February but just learned that you can only book three weeks out if not staying on property.  Do you think I will have a problem finding a tee time in February 3 weeks out?  If so I guess I'll be going to Arizona instead.

You will have no problem if you’re playing as a single and don’t care what time of day

On 11/5/2021 at 12:45 PM, Timbo Slice said:

It would be me and my son.  Family will be staying in Orlando and me and my son would drive up and play a round.

Technically you’d be driving down but yeah, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting out as a twosome if you

dont care what time of the day. This time of the year the early afternoon is actually probably preferable any way after it warms up some. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, richakn said:

Planning a day trip in April - might only have time for 18, maybe 36. Which course should I play if 18 and which 2 if 36? 

Thanks!

Rich

If 36 it’s easy - Red and Blue

If only 18 it’s a very tough call, both Red and Blue have their fans. I’m slightly partial to Red but love both

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nandoal said:

Anyone have any experience going in the summer, namely August? How insufferable is the heat and humidity? Course conditions? The price is cheap, contemplating booking. 

I have only been from May to August - three different trips - it is nasty hot but I live in FL all year and spend a ton of time outside and am 41yo in pretty good shape.  I walk and carry to minimize costs, but having a caddy doesn’t really appeal to me anyway.  They have coolers of branded water bottles every few holes on all courses so you will have plenty to drink and don’t need to carry any with you. Get a light carry bag and prep it before your round.  It is in excellent shape during the summer, much more playable in July and August than in spring when it gets really fast.

also, not to worry if you get caught in the rain while walking because they keep track of where you are and will come out to pick you up and take you to cover until it passes.  It is a great summer golf experience.

I I’ve not been many fancy golf places but it is the best I’ve ever been to

2 hours ago, nandoal said:

Anyone have any experience going in the summer, namely August? How insufferable is the heat and humidity? Course conditions? The price is cheap, contemplating booking. 

It's hot and humid, and by humid I mean it feels like you are in a sauna. 

I grew up (and currently live) in the southeast so I'm used to the heat and humidity in the summers and know how to deal with it.

If you're coming from somewhere like the northeast, midwest, or west coast you might be in for a bit of a shock. If you decide to go my advice would be to drink plenty of water (at least twice as much as you think you should be drinking), bring a change of clothes if you're playing 36 in a day because your clothes will be soaking wet with sweat by the end of 18, and skip the beer/alcohol as it will only dehydrate you more.

Edited by Abh159

I am going on a trip to Orlando in January. I'm wondering about surprising a friend of mine with a round of golf somewhere and I'm wondering if he'll like Streamsong or not. The big caveat, aside from sneaking away from everyone else, is the walking. He's not in great shape and a smoker, which means hard walks are definitely a bit rough on him. I know they have carts but I'm seeing that it's still quite a bit of walking as it's cart path only, if they allow it.

Thoughts would be nice. Thanks!

15 hours ago, HeeBGBz said:

I am going on a trip to Orlando in January. I'm wondering about surprising a friend of mine with a round of golf somewhere and I'm wondering if he'll like Streamsong or not. The big caveat, aside from sneaking away from everyone else, is the walking. He's not in great shape and a smoker, which means hard walks are definitely a bit rough on him. I know they have carts but I'm seeing that it's still quite a bit of walking as it's cart path only, if they allow it.

Thoughts would be nice. Thanks!

It's a reasonably hard walk, harder than the average course for sure. Courses are wide and there's a lot of elevation change for Florida. There's some elevated tee boxes on a number of holes too, so its not uncommon to have to do a couple of flights of stairs immediately before hitting a tee shot. 

I wear an apple watch and usually a round of golf is 11-12000 steps. I noticed after walking Streamsong Black I hit 18000. 

But on the flip side, if you get a caddie you are just walking, not lugging your bag. 

I'm pretty sure carts are not available in January unless you have a disability. 

4 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

There's some elevated tee boxes on a number of holes too, so its not uncommon to have to do a couple of flights of stairs immediately before hitting a tee shot. 

I was in very rough shape one morning, it was getting humid already and we were playing the Blue. First hole my caddie hands me a long iron, points up a billion stairs to the first tee and says, I dont make that walk.

OK its not a billion stairs but under the right circumstances it felt like it.

• Like 1

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

19 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

It's a reasonably hard walk, harder than the average course for sure. Courses are wide and there's a lot of elevation change for Florida. There's some elevated tee boxes on a number of holes too, so its not uncommon to have to do a couple of flights of stairs immediately before hitting a tee shot. 

I wear an apple watch and usually a round of golf is 11-12000 steps. I noticed after walking Streamsong Black I hit 18000. 

But on the flip side, if you get a caddie you are just walking, not lugging your bag. 

I'm pretty sure carts are not available in January unless you have a disability. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dcmidnight said:

I was in very rough shape one morning, it was getting humid already and we were playing the Blue. First hole my caddie hands me a long iron, points up a billion stairs to the first tee and says, I dont make that walk.

OK its not a billion stairs but under the right circumstances it felt like it.

Blue is, imo, the hardest walk by far of the three courses. I hate that walk up to 1 tee, especially the time I started on the back so it was my #10. The walk between 7 green and 8 tee also really sucks. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

3 hours ago, cmckay said:

I'm planning on booking a trip to Streamsong in either May or June of next year and debating staying at the resort. Anyone have any experience not staying at the resort and being able to get tee times? I believe non-resort guests can book 3 weeks out 

Yes, I’ve stayed off property (Best Western in BG) and it is no problem booking as a single.  Especially later in the day.  It’s a great way to do it there; if you do multiple rounds they will keep your bag for you and put it at the tee the next day/round so you don’t have to take it with you.  

1 hour ago, JGRgolf said:

Yes, I’ve stayed off property (Best Western in BG) and it is no problem booking as a single.  Especially later in the day.  It’s a great way to do it there; if you do multiple rounds they will keep your bag for you and put it at the tee the next day/round so you don’t have to take it with you.  

I'd be a twosome and I was trying to play Red and Blue one day and Black the following day morning. Think staying off property I would be able to do that or would I need to stay on property to be able to get those tee times? 

2 hours ago, JGRgolf said:

Is this recent experience or pre-pandemic?

Tee sheets have gotten a LOT busier in 2021 and upcoming for 2022...

21 minutes ago, cmckay said:

I'd be a twosome and I was trying to play Red and Blue one day and Black the following day morning. Think staying off property I would be able to do that or would I need to stay on property to be able to get those tee times? 

Hard to say, very specific scenario, and I’ve never booked for pairs - but one universal piece of advice - do not rely on the SS website for any booking.  It is terrible and does not show all availability.  Plus, you may end up paying more.  The nice ladies on the phone will give you any applicable discounts that don’t seem to be available online.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Streamsong allows carts only during certain months.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 2 weeks later...

2022 Streamsong update:

-Service has gotten MUCH better. Even just in terms of number of bodies, each restaurant was significantly better staffed. Only issue we had at all was Saturday night, the lobby bar was absolutely slammed and one of the bartenders had called in sick. So one bartender with like 30+ people crowding the bar - not really her fault. 

-Food: Steakhouse was quite good. They've improved their lunch options as well including adding some "common sense" items that were lacking for a golf resort (i.e. chicken wings, or just a grilled chicken sandwich/salad for people wanting something a little lighter) 

-Golf: Well, here we start having some issues. Fairways on black are awful. Our caddie warned us ahead of time and we had to play lift-clean-place. They've got a major nematode problem and there are huge blotched out spots on all the fairways. Supposedly going to shut the black course down for the summer to try and get it treated effectively. I actually think it is unfair that they are charging peak rates ($279) to play this course right now. Had we known in advance would have booked a second round on red or blue instead. 

Meanwhile on Red/blue, the fairways are in great shape even though they are semi-dormant. But the Mach 1 greens which should be coming into their prime (1.5 years old) are a mess. Lot of patchy spots and seemed like they'd sprayed several of the greens to give them an artifical color. Still rolled decently and held balls okay, but not promising. 

Bottom line - they've improved some of the things people complain frequently about here and it seems like the new management is making changes. But now the conditioning on the golf courses is worrisome and let's face it, that's the reason people are traveling here. They need to get the conditioning issues sorted out asap.

• Like 1

I can attest for the fairways on the black.  I was there for new years and there were plenty of patchy spots on fairway though the greens are excellent as always.  Green fees is 300+ for peak right now and is booked solid for the next 3 weeks.  They badly need a 4th course with the amount of plays they're getting. The course definitely doesn't have enough time to heal. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x