I have had a SIM Max for about 9 months or so. During my round today, there were a few shots that made a sound that I have never heard from this driver and it had a dead feeling at impact. I have owned this driver long enough and have hit enough terrible shots all over the face but it had never sounded and felt like this. Could the driver be dead or is this just in my head? I don't see any cracks or any abnormalities on the face.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe dunk it in water and check for bubbles? 

Check to see if the shaft has rotated in the adapter. Check if the face or crown is cracked. 

Interesting, I may have to give some other drivers a try. Hearing good stuff on the TSI lines.

12 minutes ago, ScottHutch2 said:

I weirdly got the same feeling from my SIM Max, I traded it for a standard SIM and no longer have that sensation. I could not offer you any guidance other than you are not the only one to get that weird empty/hollow feeling from the MAX. i thought maybe the head was too light for me or something, not quite sure.

I was hitting my gamer SIM Max like crap at a recent TSi fitting, and hit the TSi 2 a million times better. It was so night and day i don't think equipment can make that much difference and my swing didn't magically improve during the fitting.

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

I was hitting my gamer SIM Max like crap at a recent TSi fitting, and hit the TSi 2 a million times better. It was so night and day i don't think equipment can make that much difference and my swing didn't magically improve during the fitting.

Interesting, I may have to give some other drivers a try. Hearing good stuff on the TSI lines.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

TSi is good, but i wonder if something is actually wrong with my SIM Max. Nothing I can prove yet, don't see any cracks or anything like that.

Is it every shot that you get that feeling or just once in a while? have you tried other shafts in it? My inclination would be to take it in to see a tech and have them check it out

2 minutes ago, ScottHutch2 said:

Is it every shot that you get that feeling or just once in a while? have you tried other shafts in it? My inclination would be to take it in to see a tech and have them check it out

I have tried another shaft and that didn't help. I guess I will hit some more balls at the range with it to see what happens. 

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I have tried another shaft and that didn't help. I guess I will hit some more balls at the range with it to see what happens. 

Not all-inclusive to covering everything that could be happening outside of equipment failure, purchase some foot powder spray on the way to spray on the face of the driver head.  It will aid with checking impact location on the face.  Wipes right off afterwards.

• Like 1

TM M3 440 w/ Speeder Evo II 6.1 TS
TM M4 13.5 "Small Version"  w/ BB S+ 70
Taylormade P790 2 UDI w/ DG 105R or M3 19* 5W w/ BB S+ 70
Taylormade P790 3 Iron w/ DG AMT White R300
4-PW Nike VR Pro MBs w/ DG AMT White R300
Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind
Odyssey MXM 1W

It is possible.

My Son bought an M5 when they first came out.

He cracked the face, and the top came off.

They sent him a 2nd one.

After about 20 hits, it went ( dead).

We took it to a pro shop, amd they checked and said it didn't have face bulge anymore.

As soon as Taylormade confirmed, and sent a 2nd replacement, he bought a Ping G410 driver.

In the past year he has broken a 816 Alpha 4 wood, and shattered a Titleist hybrid face.

So, it is possible.